The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 04:01:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766013 times)
JaymeSue
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #3390 on: April 18, 2007, 09:38:01 am »

I'm so glad for Ausellio's Report saying that we will probably get a shortened Season 8. Hey guys, it's better than nothing at all. We need this to see where things w L/L and R/L goes. I'm hoping a for a double-wedding ceremony!! Hey, our GG aren't done yet!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 07:36:02 pm by JaymeSue » Logged
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3391 on: April 18, 2007, 09:56:14 am »

So if and when we get a shortened Season 8, what are we going to come up with as far as a name to try to extend the Season 8 to an entire season?

lol

Grin

Might I suggest, "Back Nine -- Because Lorelai's fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinne! Smitten

And then, "Season Nine -- Because Lorelai's divine!"

-- Rob

----------------------
Seasons 8 AND 9: Because I'm an optimist.

Love the suggestions!  We have to be optimists...there is no other way to go!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Baby
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

~JavaJunkie~ & ~Literati~

View Profile
« Reply #3392 on: April 18, 2007, 10:14:05 am »

Since this report from Ausellio I really think we will get an 8th season.
Oywithepoodles
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3393 on: April 18, 2007, 01:21:48 pm »

Ja, es ist guten Nachrichten.  Ich habe jede Episode ferngesehen, und ich brauche mehr! Sie sollen uns Staffel 8 geben! Wie ist mein Deutsch?  Englisch ist meine Muttersprache. 

I love Gilmore Girls, eventhough my friends tease me about it since I'm a guy.  I hope that if we do get a shortened season, it will have 16 episodes instead of 13.  I've been reading the board for awhile, and I just registered. I have also been slowly reading the first Gilmore novel in German with a dictionary by my side. 

Viva la Gilmore! (Wie sagt man das auf Deutsch?) 

gilmoreren

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #3394 on: April 18, 2007, 01:37:27 pm »

Ja, es ist guten Nachrichten.  Ich habe jede Episode ferngesehen, und ich brauche mehr! Sie sollen uns Staffel 8 geben! Wie ist mein Deutsch?  Englisch ist meine Muttersprache. 

I love Gilmore Girls, eventhough my friends tease me about it since I'm a guy.  I hope that if we do get a shortened season, it will have 16 episodes instead of 13.  I've been reading the board for awhile, and I just registered. I have also been slowly reading the first Gilmore novel in German with a dictionary by my side. 

Viva la Gilmore! (Wie sagt man das auf Deutsch?) 

Guten abend! Willkommen zum gilmoregirls.org!! Wie gehts?

You're learning German then? For a project? I did GCSE German here in England - it was cool. Can't remember much of it though. Ich bin ins kino gegehen, for instance. Also ich sprache aber ein bischen franzosich.

For fun, try the Hokey Cokey/Pokey in German:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP1tkspU5yw

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3395 on: April 18, 2007, 01:48:21 pm »

Omg so is there really going to be a short season? If there is that would be fine with be as long as we get somthing that would be so great!! Grin
ObessedwithGG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3396 on: April 18, 2007, 01:50:49 pm »

I just can't wait for them to make an official announcement.  Frankly, that will place my very fragile heart at ease.  As completely thrilled I am at MA's decleration, I'm still hesitant to put my full faith in.  I'm being completely optimistic believing him with my full heart, but still, an announcement, soon, from the CW would be wonderful!  Dear God, they better not make us wait until May 17...that would be horrendous! Undecided

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3397 on: April 18, 2007, 02:09:17 pm »

ahh i just got home from school and a shortened season with 16 episodes! thats awesome!! hehe but whats another 6 more  Wink just kidding! 16 is great, its better then nothing!! ahhh im so happy now, today has just gotten better!   Grin Grin

great job everyone..lets keep up the hard work!! Smiley

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3398 on: April 18, 2007, 02:15:12 pm »

teavee.com update!!

Current vote total is 28305. Rank is #9. (684 away from #8 and 4150 ahead of #10)

Gilmore Girls at #9 with less than 700 votes away from #8!!  Let's support our favorite girls and move them up the ranks!!  Last month, Gilmore Girls has a total of 83 votes for the month there; this month, we already have over 28,000 votes with 12 days of voting left!! We're getting the attention of fans of other shows there that Gilmore Girls has a strong following and dedicated fans!!  So keep those votes coming!!  We appreciate the fans who stop by there even for a few votes just to show that they support the show!!  Voting is at 10 minute intervals, so vote whenever you're online!!  We've met different fans from around the world in the last few days and getting to know each other!!  Great job everybody!! Go Gilmore Girls!!  Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls at teavee.com to show TV executives what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3399 on: April 18, 2007, 02:22:09 pm »

@gilmoreren and
@Oywithepoodles
wow, your german is really good!!! if you wanna practise you can pm me  Wink

i'm so happy about the news!!!i'd love to jump around and dance now ^^

today me and anna went to the postoffice - letters are sent by airmail and they'd probably arrive
next week (hopefully). it wasn't expensive actually, i expected the stamps not to be cheap - but they are Smiley

who else finished his/her letter??

love, chrissi

...angel without wings
gilmore-fanatic517
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #3400 on: April 18, 2007, 03:18:09 pm »

I am so excited!
To me it dosent make a difference weather there are 16 or 13 while of course it would be great to have 16 I am just happy that we have something! Grin
http://www.desktopexchange.com/gallery/albums/Television-Wallpapers/Gilmore_Girls.jpg
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: April 18, 2007, 03:19:12 pm »

I am soooo excited!! I went to a few sites, like newspaper websites, ausiello, eonline, random spoiler sites and so on and they all say that GG will be coming back for an 8th season and it'll be a good thing, things have turned around.. I have heard nothing but good things lately.. we wore them down!!! It says on one web site, that the fans have sent in thousands of letters and e-mails to say they wanted an 8th season.. thats us!!!! Happy dance time! I can't wait until its officially announced!! heres are a few tidbits ive found over a few news websites, which are reliable..

Time to welcome back Gilmore Girls after a long hiatus. Big question is the future of the long-running comedy drama there are now reports the series could return next year for an abbreviated eighth season. (Toronto star)

Not surprisingly, last Tuesday's column, which called for "Gilmore Girls" to end at the close of this season, provoked a lot of reaction from devoted fans (and former fans) of the CW show. (Chicago tribune) and after that, there were alot of comments of fans that want it back..

Now that the writers have resumed treating these ladies with some respect, the rumors that the show will indeed return for an eighth season might not be a bad thing. (latimes)

the rumor mill of a short season in the fall is true (buddytv.com)

Gilmore Girls" is getting some good buzz lately, what with its "Save One Show" victory and the news that Lauren Graham might be into the idea of a shortened eighth season. (YAY, we are aknowledged for the SOS win!, this one is from buzzsugar.com, entertainment newspapers thingy online)

And we can't forget what Ausiello said.. anyways..

So.. I have more hope than ever! Tongue keep mandating! Dance
« Last Edit: April 18, 2007, 03:20:46 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3402 on: April 18, 2007, 03:25:37 pm »

Thanks, thanks and THANKS for posting all the great "headlines" Stillstanding!! Everyone sounds so optimistic and we can finally start to have a really good feeling towards season 8 ... I personally loved the one where the mentioned who the fans wrote soo many letters Smiley

I really hope we'll get our season 8 - no matter if 13, 16, 22 or whatever number of episodes (ok, not whatever - there have to be at least 10 *lol*) ... but I feel really great about all this news!

Let's keep up the "power-mandating" until we get an official statement Wink

xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: April 18, 2007, 03:26:18 pm »

I'm so happy that we have gotten nothing but good news!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3404 on: April 18, 2007, 03:26:28 pm »

Hi guys,

I'm just as excited as everyone else about the possibility of a season 8, even if it only contains 13 to 16 episodes.  However, it's really, really important to remember that nothing is official.  Everything we've heard thus far is only gossip.  I'm sure the short order season 8 is indeed likely, but it's just not yet official.  I would hate for everyone to think it's a slam dunk sure thing ... and then have something go terribly wrong.

Therefore, I'd like to urge everyone to continue mailing their letters of Gilmore support.  Don't rest until we hear official confirmation that season 8 is a go.  Thank you. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Pages: 1 ... 225 226 [227] 228 229 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: