The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 04:55:23 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732602 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3285 on: April 16, 2007, 08:40:17 pm »

Cool Jillian - I'll get back to you when I have a few more people lined up.

Please read Forum Rules
lisa00
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #3286 on: April 16, 2007, 09:12:46 pm »

I went ahead and made another one that we could send to Alexis since I made 2 to chose from for Lauren.

Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: April 16, 2007, 09:56:59 pm »

Very creative! Excellent work, guys! Grin

=========

Vote!

TVGuide: http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-04-11-sos-main-story_N.htm
                   Keep: Gilmore Girls, What About Brian, The Class, Scrubs, October Road!!

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3288 on: April 16, 2007, 11:00:29 pm »

teavee.com update!!

Thanks for everyone's continued support for Gilmore Girls at teavee.com!! Gilmore Girls is holding strong at #9 with over 25,000 votes, and we're pushing for #8 soon!!  Last month, Gilmore Girls has a total of 83 votes for the month there; this month, we already have over 25,000 votes with 14 days of voting left!! We're getting the attention of fans of other shows there that Gilmore Girls has a strong following and dedicated fans!!  So keep those votes coming!!  We appreciate the fans who stop by there even for a few votes just to show that they support the show!!  Voting is at 10 minute intervals, so there's plenty of time in between voting to vote for the other polls as well! We've met different fans from around the world in the last few days and getting to know each other!!  Great job everybody!! Go Gilmore Girls!!  Smiley

Current vote total is 25022. Rank is #9. (1492 away from #8 and 3208 ahead of #10)

Vote for Gilmore Girls at teavee.com to show TV executives what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

TVGuide: http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

USA Today: http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-04-11-sos-main-story_N.htm

softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: April 16, 2007, 11:42:04 pm »

He, i really like the idea of sending paper books and daisies, and i was wondering. May be we could, instead of cutting it out and put it in an envelop, we could also just make a postcard of it. That way not only the people opening the envelops know what 's about, but everybody how, one i of another handels it, so their will be a lot more exposure, to the whole thing. The down side of that is that you can 't write so much on a postcard, the surprise effect is a bit gone and it 's not a good idea to write your adress on it, so if you want a reaction or an autograph or something that would be rather difficult.

I 'm not sure wich way is the best, postcard or cut out and put in an envelop, but when it 's going to be a postcard, the size is better those of a banner.

About the sending time, i know from belgium to america is about a week, so i guess when america-america is two to three days, european fans should start like four days ahead.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:14:10 am by softjen » Logged
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: April 17, 2007, 12:44:54 am »

New Mail-Out for the Great8Mandate

For a while now we have toyed with the idea of sending daisies to Lauren Graham but have struggled to come up with a workable plan.  And even more recently LoganNRory4ever organised a great book campaign which involved sending books to Alexis Bledel.  Now we are combining the two ideas and organising an en masse mailing campaign to send as many paper daisies and books as possible to the Girls and the Studio.

To take part all you need to do is print out any of the following graphics you like and write your own personal message, or one of our organised quotes, on them.  You can print it on card and send it as a postcard, or on paper and include several in an envelope.  Our mailing date will be Wednesday April 25th, so if you live internationally it would serve you best to try and post yours off before the end of this current week in order to time their arrival with our US friends mail out. 

My suggestion is to send the daisies to Lauren, the books to Alexis and a combination of the both to the studio.  The addresses for all these can be found in the first post of this thread.

Graphics to choose from.

Possible quotes to choose from:

Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?

We've been Gilmored!

Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

Season 8 is Written in the Stars

Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

Once the Gilmore Girls are in your life, they're in your life forever!

Love, Daisies, and Season 8

Any questions??  Please feel free to PM me, otherwise good luck and have fun choosing your designs!

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 01:52:15 am by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Amelia77
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: April 17, 2007, 01:03:56 am »

Wow those images look amazing.  Well done Lisa, xdeartradgedy and sooks.  I was wondering what computer programmes you guys are using to create these images because they look awesome.
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: April 17, 2007, 02:52:00 am »

@honkifuluvGG great job!!! Wink
I think i'll finish my postcard or letter (mine goes to lauren) today and send it as soon as possible.
but to which adress? there are a lot of adresses in the first post.
will the postcards and letters get to lauren and alexis if we send them to their managers or the cw?

HELP,PLEASE!!!
i need to finish today and send it away tomorrow.

chrissi

...angel without wings
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: April 17, 2007, 03:19:03 am »

Here is a little update which I found on spoilerfix.com about what would happen if Gilmore Girls returned for a season 8:
"General Spoilers:

* new 04/16 - Negotiations to bring Gilmore Girls back for an eighth season took a very interesting turn on Friday. According to multiple sources embedded deep inside Stars Hollow, Lauren Graham — she on which all things hinge — is allegedly warming to the idea of returning for a shortened season, à la Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond. Word of this condensed scenario was "the talk of the set" on Friday, one day before shooting on the show's current season was scheduled to wrap. My spy was quick to add, however, that nothing's official and it's very possible this whole thing could unravel before anything's signed. Source: TV Guide Online"

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: April 17, 2007, 05:55:13 am »

Hey! I LOVE all of the designs, but could you perhaps make some (or use these) but take the names of of them for other people? I know that the daisys are for Lauren, and the books for Alexis, but I think we need something special for the other important people as well. Like, I don't know if he is important, but something with Snapple for Ausiello. Or something for Dawn Ostroff. And Dave Rosenthal. I really don't know, just some ideas.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: April 17, 2007, 06:45:53 am »

CRAP!
Where did the tvguide poll go??
I just headed over there to get in some voting before school this mornign....
AND IT'S GONE.
And replaced w/ another poll!
And weren't we behind yesterday when it ended?
<33

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3296 on: April 17, 2007, 06:48:43 am »

I LOVE this idea, and will surely be sending a letter to Alexis and Lauren on the appropriate stationery. Actually, since I've already sent heartfelt letters pouring out all of my emotions for this show (and I'm spent!) I think I will sent out like 50 separate ones to Lauren that each just say "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmore for an 8th Season?". That should get the point across! I guess I will send them c/o her agent again, that's how it works.... maybe I'll send 50 to the studio too, that's what great about this campaign - stamps are much cheaper than bouquets!!! Grin (I still want to get the 'daisy theme' across to the studio people too, but in case Lauren never sees those, or I decide to send them to Dawn Ostroff or whatever, I agree that it would be great if the names could be taken off just one of the designs).

Let's get as many people involved as possible- tihs may be the easiest, most noticeable tactic yet!! Way to go HonkifuluvGG!!! I wish I could prettystick you! (*dirty!*)

(As you can tell by the sig I took from Sooks, I was all about the Daisy Campaign from Day One  Cheesy )
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 06:53:39 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
lalaliz2005
« Reply #3297 on: April 17, 2007, 06:52:46 am »

Wow! These are awesome! Thanks to all you creative types that came up with these! I love this campaign idea!!

Bam Go Season 8! Pow
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3298 on: April 17, 2007, 07:08:26 am »

Okay ... guess what?

---> The poll on tvguide was replaced by another one .. within a few minutes and without saying a word (at least I didn't see anything about it). I'd say glad that we didn't have power-voting rounds in the last days - that wouldn't have been worth the time .. really!!

I LOVE all the arts that u guys designed -- you really are very creative and talented!!! Tonight after work I am going to print one of each and get them out by tomorrow Smiley

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3299 on: April 17, 2007, 08:17:46 am »

Wow those images look amazing.  Well done Lisa, xdeartradgedy and sooks.  I was wondering what computer programmes you guys are using to create these images because they look awesome.
I use Paint Shop Pro 8, I like it better than Photoshop Smiley

I am working on printing some of these out now so that I can work on them today and send them out by tomorrow!!

P.S.
I was going to work on some more but I have a lot of things to get done today, so I think I'll just work with what we have already!  However, if you'd like more options just ask I can still make more for you guys.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 08:38:00 am by xdeartragedyx » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 218 219 [220] 221 222 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: