The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:48:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730744 times)
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: April 16, 2007, 01:44:39 pm »

true i agree completely!
we shouldnt have to rust the season fanaly so at least 11 or so mroe episodes will do well to end it properly

sarah =)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: April 16, 2007, 02:26:30 pm »

EDIT 2: OK, here's a book that might work...let me know what you think!
[/color]

Mel, that's perfect!!! Kiss  That's exactly what I had in mind.  People can copy about 6 of these to an A4 page and cut them out and write their messages on there (on that, somebody came up with a heap of one liners to use some time back now - anybody remember who so we can bring them forward for use now), and then you can send a few in each envelope, or one per each envelope for more impact (depending on finances I guess).

Edit:  Okay these were some of the possible things to put on the books (or flowers when we get them) if you like.

Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?

We've been Gilmored!

Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

Season 8 is Written in the Stars

Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

Once Gilmore Girls is in your life, it's in your life forever!

If you can come up with the Daisy one as well (no pressure though) we can get on it and try and make a target send date of early next week, as time is slowly running out.

Great news from zap2it's TV Gal Amy Amatangelo in her regular Monday column at:
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/news/zap-tvgal-041607-gilmoregirls,0,1473036.story

-------------------------

Here's the Gg-related excerpt from her column (the bold-face is mine) :

So now that we can communicate again, the time has come to talk about our Girls. "Gilmore Girls" returns this week with Logan visiting Stars Hollow and hope for all the Luke and Lorelai fans out there. For months I've received hundreds of emails from devoted fans who want an eighth season of "Gilmore Girls."

And even though this seventh season hasn't been as good as we know the show can be, I am on "The Great8Mandate" bandwagon. For seven years now, Lorelai, Rory, Emily, Richard, Luke, Sookie, Lane and the rest of Stars Hollow have been our friends. We deserve a proper farewell. Or as TV Gal reader Rebecca put it an "unrushed conclusion." I know much of the uncertainty is due to the fact that Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel have yet to commit to an eighth season, but I still wish all of this could have been settled back in the fall.

As this season winds down, Rory will graduate from Yale (the season finale even features Rory's hero Christiane Amanpour) and Luke and Lorelai do seem to be on the road to recovery. But a show like "Gilmore Girls" should leave the airwaves with fanfare and go out with a bang not with a whimper. But that's nearly impossible now as an eighth season for the show is still up in the air so late in the season. And that makes me mighty cranky.

Between the "Gilmore Girls" situation, the likely cancellation of "Veronica Mars," and the shabby treatment of "7th Heaven," I am so totally in a fight with The CW. It is on. How about you? How are you feeling about the CW these days? Write me at [email protected] and let me know.

-------------------------

Wow this is great.  Everybody, the impressive thing here is that the whole push for a season 8 is now universally known as the Great8Mandate, whether people are members of this fantastic site or not.  Heidi and Drew came up with this wonderful concept, and all of us that have contributed to ensuring the name got out there, is responsible for that.  We should all be very proud!! Nod

Bam Great8Mandate  Pow

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 03:38:39 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: April 16, 2007, 02:32:36 pm »

Do we know how many people sent books to Alexis?  And I know a lot of people felt that they were unable to send the daisies to Lauren, but has anyone done that or does anyone plan to?
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 02:37:27 pm by xdeartragedyx » Logged
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3258 on: April 16, 2007, 03:14:39 pm »

Do we know how many people sent books to Alexis?  And I know a lot of people felt that they were unable to send the daisies to Lauren, but has anyone done that or does anyone plan to?
Yea, we should keep track of how many books we send and such. 
I think I might send her "Moby Dick" because that was the book she was reading when she met Dean!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: April 16, 2007, 03:23:27 pm »

Yea, we should keep track of how many books we send and such. 
I think I might send her "Moby Dick" because that was the book she was reading when she met Dean!

I think there was a pretty good response to the books.  Next time Ash (LoganNRory4ever)is on ask her for an update as she was doing the wonderful job of co-ordinating it.  I didn't participate only because the the postage was a bit much from Australia and we already donate our books to a local charity here so...

And as far as I know, nobody sent actual daisies to Lauren, which is why I'm trying to get the paper version of it happening now.  Stayed tuned over the next day if you want to participate in that.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: April 16, 2007, 03:34:29 pm »

Great job keeping the campaign out there guys. Keep those letters and emails up. I'm off to do another batch myself!

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3261 on: April 16, 2007, 04:05:28 pm »

I have a question. This may sound stupid, and maybe I'm slow but I thought Season 8 rested on Alexis's shoulders. Whats all this talk about Lauren being the hinge for a Season 8?

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3262 on: April 16, 2007, 04:08:02 pm »

I have a question. This may sound stupid, and maybe I'm slow but I thought Season 8 rested on Alexis's shoulders. Whats all this talk about Lauren being the hinge for a Season 8?

The reason an 8th season hinges on Lauren is the fact of the orginal proposal to do a season 8 Rory-lite/Rory-free, which was turned down by Lauren.  If they can get Lauren to sign for a season 8, there will definitly be one, we just might not see her onscreen daughter quite as much (if any.)

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Amelia77
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: April 16, 2007, 04:29:09 pm »

The T.V guide poll has dropped another percentage!
Gilmore Girls - 44%
Veronica Mars - 55%

Vote, Vote, Vote!!!!
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: April 16, 2007, 04:50:54 pm »

I like the e-mail book diary thing! Um do we have an e-mail address for Alexis besides the one for her agent that we're going to use?

I think if Lauren stays interested and excited in a half season, there's more of a chance Alexis will agree to some appearances than if they wanted a full season. I just hope it works this way we really need this closure!

Keep voting even if it may seem like a loss cause with both polls. Because I think the more we get together to vote on them the more we'll see results. All though at this point I am really inclined to think Ausiello is acting sort of like a puppetmaster I think the only things we can do are either go along with him or give up completely and have him diss GG versus VM.

Okay, that's all I'm saying on the issues for tonight since I'm busy but I hope we keep driving the letters and e-mails!
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 04:53:23 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Amelia77
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: April 16, 2007, 04:56:43 pm »

Are we going to have a voting session today for the T.V guide poll today?
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: April 16, 2007, 04:57:47 pm »

i really like the diary idea! looks good Smiley i would deffinatly take part in it..

sarah =)
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: April 16, 2007, 05:54:40 pm »

It seems that voting is a bit slow today, we're dropping over at the tvguide poll and it's back and forth with the tea vee poll even though we're still #9.  if you can, please take the time out to help us vote a little bit!!

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: April 16, 2007, 05:57:57 pm »

Alright, here's the daisy one...I still couldn't get it just right, so I have two for you to choose from.

I'm going to keep working on these, because I don't like them. If anyone else has any ideas, feel free!

I really enjoyed reading that article that you posted, Rob and your thoughts as well!

Everyone keep up the most excellent work!! It's not over...'til it's over!

StarSTAY STRONG! VIVA LA GILMORE GIRLS
Star
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 05:59:07 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: April 16, 2007, 05:59:20 pm »

I like them Smiley I can try to work on some as well.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: