The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:44:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730568 times)
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #3210 on: April 15, 2007, 12:14:13 pm »

I'm so excited!
Whoohoo!!!Let's keep on fighting though and see if we can't get a full season 8!

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: April 15, 2007, 12:21:22 pm »

Yeah I know! I'm sooo excited! A shortened season is like 11 episodes right? That's enough time depending on how well DR handles everything.

A shortened season 8, if it's just the front half, would be 13 episodes, not the mathematical halfway of 11 episodes.  The typical way it's done is front-13/back-9 -- and I think it's done for economic reasons.  Friends did 16 episodes for s10, but IIRC, 3 of them were clip shows, which IMO doesn't count.

I'll take what I can get, though -- if it's 13 episodes, then it's 13 episodes.  What I would hope is that they DON'T announce that it's the last season in advance as that pretty much causes a given cast to relax waaaaaaaaay too much -- season 10 of Friends, particularly the way that Jennifer Aniston phoned in her performance from Alaska or the planet Jupiter or something -- is an especially infamous example of the cast relaxing too much.  But the final season of MASH was pretty much the same way, too relaxed.  And the Dawson's Creek cast -- not just the entire cast but also the entire creative team phoned in its last season.  So I hope that if they initally go with 13 more episodes, they don't make that crucial announcment of it being the final season, as I am convinced that keeping the show's fate open for as long as possible will keep the creative minds of both the cast and crew sharp.

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8 AND Season 9:  Because we want to see Lorelai fulfill her dream to have more kids before she goes through menopause.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 01:00:53 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Copperboombaby
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

Angel, You've got wings baby

View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: April 15, 2007, 12:34:10 pm »

We love Gilmore Girls! Dont take them away from us! Support the Great8Mandate and save the Gilmore Girls!!!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:59:04 pm by Copperboombaby » Logged

CopperBoomBaby<33
WildChildotw
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: April 15, 2007, 12:53:57 pm »

Hello everyone.

So I hope photos are still accepted.
My best friend and I, we took some pictures yesterday night before we went clubbing and this time they didn't come out as crappy as the last ones. Somehow the quality came out worse because my friend uploaded them to a gallery and it resized them much smaller, so if this is a problem i can totally upload them again.

And because we thought it would be cool to see the license plate and yea... Wink

I just realized you can't really read what it says beneath season 8, it's: they rock our socks like whoa (& our world, too)
May21
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: April 15, 2007, 01:06:51 pm »

Bringing this over from tvguide.com!!!  In my opinion, it's a positive compromise because it lets us have some new GG next season as opposed to ending in May!!!

Exclusive: Gilmore Mulls Shortened Season by Michael Ausiello

Negotiations to bring Gilmore Girls back for an eighth season took a veddy interesting turn on Friday. According to multiple sources embedded deep inside Stars Hollow, Lauren Graham — she on which all things hinge — is allegedly warming to the idea of returning for a shortened season, a la Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Word of this condensed scenario was "the talk of the set" on Friday, one day before shooting on the show's current season was scheduled to wrap. My spy was quick to add, however, that nothing's official and it's very possible this whole thing could unravel before anything's signed. One thing seems clear though: this little nail-biter is speeding toward a climax.

What do you guys think? Would you be open to a not-quite full final season if Gilmore? Or is it time to put this puppy down before she starts to suffer. Sound off below! 

If anyone wants to make comments to MA on this, here's the link: 

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

Welll…while I’d go for “put this puppy down before she starts to suffer”, since I’m not in love with SP, LG, or addicted to using TV for escapism and I think the show really has gotten pretty bad compared to its earlier seasons and the potential it showed…I sensed this 13-season thing coming from a mile away.  Alexis Bledel isn’t interested in coming back, we’ve known that for a while, and it’s probable that she’s been thinking of this season as her last for some time.  And I’ve gotten the sense that Lauren Graham isn’t exactly dying to come back, either, and is basing her decision on pragmatic/monetary considerations more than an enthusiastic conviction that the show has a lot more creative potential (especially since I get the sense that the one story fans most want to see, the story of Luke and Lorelai, isn’t at all essential to her and isn’t her favourite to play).  So it was up to the network to first offer Lauren enough rewards (both monetary and for her production company) to continue; and then to try to get Alexis Bledel involved at least in a limited sense.  Because whether or not Lauren Graham’s return was contingent on Alexis Bledel also returning, I suspect that no matter how desperately they want to save GG, the CW would think very carefully about bringing back the show with one of the former lead characters completely absent. 

As soon as MA said that negotiations were “looking up”, I suspected a shortened eighth season was in the works.  Why?  Because if Alexis Bledel is really tired of doing the show, there’s no way she would agree to even a limited role in a full eighth season.  I obviously can’t speak for her, but I’ve been tired of doing jobs before and if you are ready to leave a job, you’d prefer to do a lot of it in a short period of time and get it over with, than keep coming back to it in a more limited capacity over a longer period of time.  But since (I believe) filming of the first 13 episodes can be completed by November, Alexis might think “okay, if there’s just a few more months of this job, I can handle it.”  Plus, since as I’ve said I don’t think Lauren Graham is herself terribly keen on another full year of GG, if the network’s deals for her production company could be fulfilled by a 13-episode season, I think she’d be quite content to wrap things up there.
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3215 on: April 15, 2007, 01:30:21 pm »

Okay! I finally learned how to make fan art so here's my piece for the book to send!!! Hope you all like it! Remember: I'm new at this.  Cheesy

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: April 15, 2007, 02:03:22 pm »

wow,your fanarts are awesome (@LGLDandRGLH4evr and WildChildotw) - love them!!

@WildChildotw: nice to see a fanart from my country Smiley i put the flag in mine too ^^

im so happy about the good news that i might not be able to sleep this night (its 11 pm now)... Grin
and thanks alot to lauren graham (my fav. actress)!!!!

love, chrissi

...angel without wings
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: April 15, 2007, 02:16:56 pm »

Wow, so it's only 7am here in Australia and the first day back at school for my son after a two week break.  Thought I'd check in and see what's happening before we get into the routine of heading off, and I have to say that this Ausiello news is the most promising thing to wake up to.  I know it's only talk, but hey that is better than nothing!!

This should be more inspiration for us to keep campaigning.  Writing letters, sending emails, voting in polls and anything else you can think of!  Don't rest easy hearing this little snippet of hope.  Use that inspiration to kick it up a few notches and bring this baby home.

Star StarSeason 8 - Sounds Great Star Star

Please read Forum Rules
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3218 on: April 15, 2007, 02:33:52 pm »

Just wanted to stop by and tell u that we just went down to 45% on tvguide-poll .. I am getting annoyed of this, everyone's voting so much over there and we keep losing percentage ..
Of course I'll still vote over there - I just CAN'T leave it that way (we were up to 53% 2 days ago).

I love the photos whildchildotw .. it's great that we're still getting new pictures here ... I am really looking forward to hear from Heidi how many pics we had all in all Smiley

Nice said honkifuluvGG - I totally agree .... Let's keep mandating as long as we have the chance too (before an announcement is made)
and nice rhyme u got there ... have one too : "It's not too late, to (go) mandate for our needed season 8"  Grin

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3219 on: April 15, 2007, 02:41:49 pm »

Mmmmm half season sounds good Shocked,but we must try and convince them to have a full season!! Roll Eyes

JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: April 15, 2007, 02:43:48 pm »

Thank-you so much wmushell for that very encouraging update! I'm so glad to hear that the "good feeling" I had on Friday really was good! We can't let this one inch of a possible victory pause us from doing what we have been doing! Send letters, photos and don't forget to keep on voting! We desperately need a BIG voting session for the Ausiello Poll VERY soon because I have a feeling he's expecting us to keep the power we had for thr E! poll! We need to work together with the fans on the GG section of the CW boards too because I think that's another reason why we won the last poll. Let's prove the VM fans and Tv Guide people that we won the last poll fair and square with teamwork and dedication!
 Bam Pow Fight

neverapuff-
Congrats on your 100th post! I love your pics, your family members look real jazzed to be there.   I see that your cousin is wearing a shirt that says "New Hampshire" on it-- I live in NH, and it makes me happy to the see the Granite State gettin' some love!   I would prettystick you for it, but alas, I have yet to reach that posting triumph.
Yup I live there actually on the boarder of NH and Mass aka. sanity and insanity. So it's good to hear there's someone else on board who lives in my state! Let's rock this place!  Dance

« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 02:51:57 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: April 15, 2007, 02:47:42 pm »

okay i havent been around in a couple days, but from what i have been reading im guessing we are getting season 8 but only in 11 episodes? Grin yay better then nothing!

sarah =)
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: April 15, 2007, 02:58:17 pm »

as far as I understand nothing is official yet, but it's looking good!

KEEP VOTING!

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: April 15, 2007, 03:06:27 pm »

Just wanted to stop by and tell u that we just went down to 45% on tvguide-poll .. I am getting annoyed of this, everyone's voting so much over there and we keep losing percentage ..
Of course I'll still vote over there - I just CAN'T leave it that way (we were up to 53% 2 days ago).

its cuz everyone  is going over to that teavee thing, and no1s voting on the tv guide one!!! the teavee one isnt even as important!!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: April 15, 2007, 03:07:48 pm »

I'd be happy to lead a voting session for Ausiello here in a few hours, if nobody else puts there hand up.  

I have just one concern though, which has been mentioned before.  Of all the remaining polls left, the Ausiello/TVguide one is what I'd most like to concentrate on as he is well connected with GG.  But it has been going for a while, with no update as to if he plans on doing anything with the outcome.  Added to this, I'm also left with a bad feeling that he has pitted the two shows against each other is such a fashion.  People I have chatted with have mentioned that this has lasted a lot longer than most polls he runs, and I just wonder if he is now just pleasing his bosses and advertising sponsors with all the hits the poll is receiving.  I don't like to be this sceptical, but at least with the SOS we knew and end date and follows ups.

Gotta fly.  Be back in a while.

Bam Great8Mandate Pow

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: