The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 10:43:02 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765841 times)
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: April 15, 2007, 08:45:28 am »

^^I agree, I could never boycott them! I will just be really mad at them for a long time. But that is not going to happen because we are getting a Season 8!!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Baby
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

~JavaJunkie~ & ~Literati~

View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: April 15, 2007, 09:24:45 am »

^^I agree, I could never boycott them! I will just be really mad at them for a long time. But that is not going to happen because we are getting a Season 8!!

I hope you are right...I can't wait till May 17th.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: April 15, 2007, 09:25:42 am »

Agree, I would never ever boycott them! Lauren is my favorite actress of all time and I would never just stop watching her movies/other shows just because of GG. Alexis is also amazing, and both of them aren't worth boycotting.

JillianLovesFood- I think that's a good idea (to have another voting session thing for the TV Guide poll just like we did for the SOS. Kristin said on the SOS one, we were behind until that last day when we had the really long voting session....well maybe we can do that for TV Guide, I know we can get back up there!!!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: April 15, 2007, 10:18:01 am »

I know we can! We already proved with the SOS poll that we are more dedicated than VM fans!

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3199 on: April 15, 2007, 10:26:31 am »

Agree, I would never ever boycott them! Lauren is my favorite actress of all time and I would never just stop watching her movies/other shows just because of GG. Alexis is also amazing, and both of them aren't worth boycotting.

JillianLovesFood- I think that's a good idea (to have another voting session thing for the TV Guide poll just like we did for the SOS. Kristin said on the SOS one, we were behind until that last day when we had the really long voting session....well maybe we can do that for TV Guide, I know we can get back up there!!!

We're having our voting session for TV Guide Poll at teavee.com!! So join us there when you can!!  It makes voting fun, too, since you can chat with other fans of the show while voting!!  Thanks for everybody's support!! Gilmore Girls is at #9 there now with well over 20,000 votes!!  Great job everybody!!!!

Vote for Gilmore Girls at teavee.com to show TV executives what fans really care about!!   http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

TV Guide Poll:  http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

USAToday Poll:  http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-04-11-sos-main-story_N.htm

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: April 15, 2007, 10:44:32 am »

Bringing this over from tvguide.com!!! In my opinion, it's a positive compromise because it lets us have some new GG next season as opposed to ending in May!!!

Exclusive: Gilmore Mulls Shortened Season by Michael Ausiello

Negotiations to bring Gilmore Girls back for an eighth season took a veddy interesting turn on Friday. According to multiple sources embedded deep inside Stars Hollow, Lauren Graham she on which all things hinge is allegedly warming to the idea of returning for a shortened season, a la Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Word of this condensed scenario was "the talk of the set" on Friday, one day before shooting on the show's current season was scheduled to wrap. My spy was quick to add, however, that nothing's official and it's very possible this whole thing could unravel before anything's signed. One thing seems clear though: this little nail-biter is speeding toward a climax.

What do you guys think? Would you be open to a not-quite full final season if Gilmore? Or is it time to put this puppy down before she starts to suffer. Sound off below!

If anyone wants to make comments to MA on this, here's the link:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: April 15, 2007, 10:46:27 am »

gg4evr- that poll i sosmething way different from the tv guide one...the tv guide one is generally more important than the teavee one, judging that the teavee one starts over every month...

wmushell- GREAT NEWS! OMG THANKS FOR THAT lol. THANK YOU LAUREN GRAHAM lol.

Java Junkie Pleased
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: April 15, 2007, 10:53:37 am »

wmunchel-that is awesome news!!! THANKS LG!!!! lets make an 8th season, even if its shortened!!

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3203 on: April 15, 2007, 11:07:33 am »

Thanks wmushell for posting that great news!!! Ok, I'd prefer to have a full season 8, but I think if they could work out a shortened season 8, it would be a good compromise and just awesome! Smiley

@Jillian ... I love the pictures!! It was a great idea to put in the generations thing - because it's soo true Smiley

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:08 am »

Bringing this over from tvguide.com!!! In my opinion, it's a positive compromise because it lets us have some new GG next season as opposed to ending in May!!!

Exclusive: Gilmore Mulls Shortened Season by Michael Ausiello

Negotiations to bring Gilmore Girls back for an eighth season took a veddy interesting turn on Friday. According to multiple sources embedded deep inside Stars Hollow, Lauren Graham she on which all things hinge is allegedly warming to the idea of returning for a shortened season, a la Friends and Everybody Loves Raymond.

Word of this condensed scenario was "the talk of the set" on Friday, one day before shooting on the show's current season was scheduled to wrap. My spy was quick to add, however, that nothing's official and it's very possible this whole thing could unravel before anything's signed. One thing seems clear though: this little nail-biter is speeding toward a climax.

What do you guys think? Would you be open to a not-quite full final season if Gilmore? Or is it time to put this puppy down before she starts to suffer. Sound off below!

If anyone wants to make comments to MA on this, here's the link:

http://community.tvguide.com/blog/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/700000049

Dance Yay!!! I think this is the first news we have from this type of source with positive details right? Good stuff. I'd take a half season over none any day. Thanks for bringing it over wmushell.
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3205 on: April 15, 2007, 11:18:57 am »

Now, while a shortened season 8 isn't the most wonderful choice (a full season would be infinetly better) I agree that is completely better than nothing. I mean, looking at all the storylines we are requesting they finish off properly by our standards, I think a half season would be able to properly close eveything out. I would be completely grateful if this all works out...and it's great to be starting to get some positive and uplifting news!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: April 15, 2007, 11:50:26 am »

Thank you Lauren Graham!! And to think that I was thinking about hating her if she didn't continue?! *wacks self in head* I am so happy right now! I don't care if it is shortened just as long as it is a Season.

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: April 15, 2007, 12:01:34 pm »

I would never hate Lauren Graham in a million years, no matter whta she decided to do! but yeha im glad that at least we would get a shortened season...not as good as a full one, but better than none at all!

Java Junkie Pleased
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: April 15, 2007, 12:07:45 pm »

Yeah I know! I'm sooo excited! A shortened season is like 11 episodes right? That's enough time depending on how well DR handles everything.

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: April 15, 2007, 12:10:56 pm »

There must be a season8 no exception and no excuses!!!
I suppose a shortened season is better than nothing but we shouldn't give up hope, keep campaigning we can't give up without a fight!!!
I SUPPORT SEASON8 GILMORE GIRLS!!!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: