The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 24, 2017, 12:45:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734948 times)
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #3135 on: April 13, 2007, 02:46:27 pm »

what and what channel is it suppose to be mantioned in?

sarah =)
cassiexiero
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: April 13, 2007, 02:52:50 pm »

i noticed we are back to 49% also.. i keep voting though  Tongue
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3137 on: April 13, 2007, 04:04:40 pm »

This may be a stupid question .. but is there a tv show which is related to this E!Online - Thing? I never took a second look at that page, only at the SOS section Smiley
And if there's really something about SOS on Tv .. can anyone record it and put it online then?? I REALLY would love to see this .. but u know, no chance here in Austria ;(
Thanks in advance!!!!
I can tape it and clip it for you if it's on the 7pm edition and no one else does it. The quality won't be that great though, lol.

And man. I just got through reading some of those posts over there at the comment area for the E! poll and all I have to say is people are nuts! They wonder why more GG fans don't post their responses and what not and for me it's because I don't want to be caught up in the nuttiness that's being posted there. I voted in the poll, but just don't feel like commenting on it. (They really need to have a crazy icon that we can use here, lol)

Voted in the US Weekly poll too. I like that we can give comments on the shows. Smiley
I'd appriceate it too, good quality or not!  I have to babysit for my teacher, and she doesn't have cable.....

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3138 on: April 13, 2007, 04:45:36 pm »

teavee.com poll update!!

Gilmore Girls at #12 with over 14,000 votes and less than 700 votes away from #11!!  We're hoping to make it to the Top 10 soon!!  Thanks for your continued support everybody and if you haven't yet, come join us there and have fun voting for our favorite girls!! Let's have a voting party and vote all weekend long!!!  Every vote counts!!    Hope to see you there!!   Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: April 13, 2007, 04:51:40 pm »

Hey guys

I think it's important to remember that the SOS poll was only one small part of a larger campaign and re-focus our energies to what we can actively do to fulfill our objective of our show returning.  Whilst it is intriguing reading over at the E! boards (I know I'm glued to it with fascination quite regularly), please keep your thoughts and comments over there.  There are a lot of people here at the Org that have had nothing to do with the poll or that site that should not have to come and read unsolicited attacks or criticism of the show.  Remember that this is a fan site, the best going around in my opinion, and we have always aimed to be classy, gracious and respectful of other shows and it's fans.  

And remember whilst you may wish to focus your energies on the other polls going around, Heidi was only very focused on the SOS poll because it gave us media exposure, including follow up articles and a mention on TV.  None of the other polls are offering this kind of exposure, especially those that have attached negative comments to the show at the outset of the poll such as the USAToday one, so don't put all your attention there.  Do we even know what winning the teavee.com poll will achieve?  I for one have not heard anything of it before this poll.  Will it gain the kind of media attention the the E! poll will give us?  Does it get re-set at the start of every month as some members here have suggested?  We need to campaign smartly and think about these issues.  It would be devastating to find you have spent days voting only for it to be pulled down and re-started at the beginning of next month as we suspect the TVguide poll might also do.

Remember the rest of our campaign!  Campaign hard and campaign smart

Viva la Gilmore! Hearts

Please read Forum Rules
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: April 13, 2007, 05:12:01 pm »

Didn't see anything about the SOS poll on the E! News that was just on a little bit ago. So I don't know when it's supposed to be on.  Huh
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3141 on: April 13, 2007, 05:22:57 pm »

Hey guys

I think it's important to remember that the SOS poll was only one small part of a larger campaign and re-focus our energies to what we can actively do to fulfill our objective of our show returning.  Whilst it is intriguing reading over at the E! boards (I know I'm glued to it with fascination quite regularly), please keep your thoughts and comments over there.  There are a lot of people here at the Org that have had nothing to do with the poll or that site that should not have to come and read unsolicited attacks or criticism of the show.  Remember that this is a fan site, the best going around in my opinion, and we have always aimed to be classy, gracious and respectful of other shows and it's fans. 

And remember whilst you may wish to focus your energies on the other polls going around, Heidi was only very focused on the SOS poll because it gave us media exposure, including follow up articles and a mention on TV.  None of the other polls are offering this kind of exposure, especially those that have attached negative comments to the show at the outset of the poll such as the USAToday one, so don't put all your attention there.  Do we even know what winning the teavee.com poll will achieve?  I for one have not heard anything of it before this poll.  Will it gain the kind of media attention the the E! poll will give us?  Does it get re-set at the start of every month as some members here have suggested?  We need to campaign smartly and think about these issues.  It would be devastating to find you have spent days voting only for it to be pulled down and re-started at the beginning of next month as we suspect the TVguide poll might also do.

Viva la Gilmore! Hearts

Nice post Caryn!!  Grin  Couldn't have said it any better myself.  Keep up the great work guys and gals.  Lets keep sending those letters and e-mails! 

Season 8 or bust!

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: April 13, 2007, 05:31:22 pm »

Hey guys

I think it's important to remember that the SOS poll was only one small part of a larger campaign and re-focus our energies to what we can actively do to fulfill our objective of our show returning.  Whilst it is intriguing reading over at the E! boards (I know I'm glued to it with fascination quite regularly), please keep your thoughts and comments over there.  There are a lot of people here at the Org that have had nothing to do with the poll or that site that should not have to come and read unsolicited attacks or criticism of the show.  Remember that this is a fan site, the best going around in my opinion, and we have always aimed to be classy, gracious and respectful of other shows and it's fans.  

And remember whilst you may wish to focus your energies on the other polls going around, Heidi was only very focused on the SOS poll because it gave us media exposure, including follow up articles and a mention on TV.  None of the other polls are offering this kind of exposure, especially those that have attached negative comments to the show at the outset of the poll such as the USAToday one, so don't put all your attention there.  Do we even know what winning the teavee.com poll will achieve?  I for one have not heard anything of it before this poll.  Will it gain the kind of media attention the the E! poll will give us?  Does it get re-set at the start of every month as some members here have suggested?  We need to campaign smartly and think about these issues.  It would be devastating to find you have spent days voting only for it to be pulled down and re-started at the beginning of next month as we suspect the TVguide poll might also do.

Viva la Gilmore! Hearts

This is very true!!!  Thank you so much for pointing this out!  I know voting seems so pro-active and can sometimes even be fun (especially the teavee.com one because it gives you tangible results of how many more votes you need), but the truth is that the energy being put forth isn't worth the results.  And we need our energy, my friends!  Nod  It's down to the wire now - and we need all of the e-mails and letters sent as possible.  Let's make it personal to everyone at GG (not the polls) that we care about the decisions they're making right now!!!  BTW, some of the photos have been absolutely fantastic!!!  Keep it up, everyone! 

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3143 on: April 13, 2007, 05:43:18 pm »

Hey guys

Viva la Gilmore! Hearts

This is very true!!!  Thank you so much for pointing this out!  I know voting seems so pro-active and can sometimes even be fun (especially the teavee.com one because it gives you tangible results of how many more votes you need), but the truth is that the energy being put forth isn't worth the results.  And we need our energy, my friends!  Nod  It's down to the wire now - and we need all of the e-mails and letters sent as possible.  Let's make it personal to everyone at GG (not the polls) that we care about the decisions they're making right now!!!  BTW, some of the photos have been absolutely fantastic!!!  Keep it up, everyone! 

It is quite fun voting at teavee.com and you only vote for 30 seconds every 10 minutes, so you can still do other stuff-- like writing those e-mails and letters-- in between voting!!  You can also chat with other voters there, too, when you need to take a break from writing those e-mails and letters. Smiley    We have moved Gilmore Girls from #25 to #12 in 3 days alone and shooting for the Top 10 soon!!  We have over 14,000 votes for the Gilmore Girls already when last month we only had a total of 83 votes!! The more voters we have, the faster we get up the ranks!! Stop by when you can!! Thanks for your support everybody and hope to see you there!!

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

divine
Town Resident

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3144 on: April 13, 2007, 05:49:42 pm »

I agree with you honkiful & wmushell ... I am sure you're right about the voting thing (although I am still so addicted that I am over there the whole day) .. but - as gg4ever already mentioned - you can use the time in between to write letters and e-mails .. at least that's how I am doing it ... Right now I am writing to Kristin - why I need GG to stay for one more season.

And all the pictures are really great!! It's soo cool that we're still receiving pics here on the board .. and I am sure Heidi has a lot more of them (btw, Thanks sooo much Heidi for keeping us posted about the picture book .. it's great that they already received the book .. I'd really like to know how to reacted when they saw all of our pictures showing the support!! So thanks for putting so much effort in printing them and putting together a book!!!!)

I was just thinking that it would be pretty cool if everyone who has a webcam / or video camera could take a video of himself saying one sentence why he/she needs GG to continue .. and then we get the video over there .. I know we already have some supporting videos (I made one myself) .. but this would be soo cool and really personal .. anyone here who likes the idea and could do the filming thing??

blondebelle88
Town Troubadour

Dont matter what time it is..i'll always be around

View Profile
« Reply #3145 on: April 13, 2007, 06:40:09 pm »

so its too late to send a picture in? say it aint so!! i dont have one yet but i havent gotten the chance to take on.   Cry

divine
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3146 on: April 13, 2007, 06:50:25 pm »

so its too late to send a picture in? say it aint so!! i dont have one yet but i havent gotten the chance to take on.   Cry

No, it's not too late Wink
I think Heidi said, you can put them online / send them to her at least until tomorrow, because she's out of town longer than expected!

blondebelle88
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: April 13, 2007, 06:58:14 pm »

ok thank you sooo much for the reply...now not to be a pest but where do i put them online exactly?

divine
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3148 on: April 13, 2007, 07:01:20 pm »

ok thank you sooo much for the reply...now not to be a pest but where do i put them online exactly?

you can put them online here .. after you uploaded the pic to your computer .. simply go to www.photobucket.com and sign up there (takes only a minute) and there u can upload your picture to the internet within a minute .. after the upload it shows u the html-code for the picture .. just double-click on that and then it is copied .. and when u want to post it here, just click on reply and paste this code u copied from photobucket -voilą Smiley

blondebelle88
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: April 13, 2007, 07:03:36 pm »

ok thank you sooooo much. you've been a great help!

Pages: 1 ... 208 209 [210] 211 212 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: