The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 08:54:52 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734137 times)
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3120 on: April 13, 2007, 10:34:45 am »

Ok Guys, get your voting fingers ready.... USA Today (the newspaper) is doing their annual Save One Show vote. Just go to . There is the whole survery up on the top (under the page header) or further down the page there is a "Quick Question" Take the whole survey because you can add comments and you don't have to sign up for the site (all the contact info at the bottom is optional). This is a national newspaper and if we win we could get some coverage!! Go Orgers!

Have you all gone here?? There's a survey. Since we're all in the voting spirit....vote! Smiley

www.usatoday.com/life

You can click Keep, Go, or I don't care for each show listed.
Obviously "Keep" GG, but while you're at it...
Keep:
"What About Brian",
"The Class",
"New Adventures of Old Christine" 
"October Road"

THANKS!!

Keep GG!

www.usatoday.com/life

iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #3121 on: April 13, 2007, 11:30:31 am »

I am sooooo happy we won the poll!! 2.2 million that is great! Great job everyone!! Grin
softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3122 on: April 13, 2007, 11:34:23 am »

hi,
i 'm just voting around for gg, and i just wanted to repeat some voting sites,

www.usatoday.com/life, voting and possibility to make a comment, doesn 't show the results although

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx   ausiello 's poll, between gg and vm, shows results (we 're at 50 now), no idea about the time it will be running nor the action ausiello wil do

http://tvdramas.about.com/b/a/257957.htm this one is from about.com, from the same lady that made that article about the org and how we were working to get a season 8 (she also has gg on the list of shows with a "pretty good chance of renewal", sounds good doesn 't it) gg isn 't doing well do, it only has 3% of the votes, (446), the curent winner is supernateral, with 47 % or 6211 votes, i can 't vote theri

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/ they appearently renew their poll every month, but since this is an important month Wink
you can see the results, and the number of votes, but you can only vote every ten minutes. they also have a kind of message board, so you can talk to each other and stuff, so it is rather fun.

and another one, http://www.voote.com/jsp/WAppServerPage.jsp?TransID=RVOTES00&VoteID=2036, the funnie thing about this one is that it is created by VMarsaddicted and one tree hill is on the lead there, followed by supernateral, and vm only third.  Wink I found that rather amusing. GG is there 5.

i know the main thing is sending letters, mails, posting pictures, ... but i already did al that. So i kind of feel voting is the only thing there "s left for me to do, although i knew the importance of those polls is rather insignificant. And it is great fun when you see your work paying of.
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #3123 on: April 13, 2007, 11:49:08 am »

So what show is Kristin on though cause there is so many of them...is it just E! because I don't think we get that in Canada?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 11:50:11 am by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3124 on: April 13, 2007, 12:04:39 pm »

I know it's customary to just link to the original post, but Kristin just posted a word on the outcome of the SOS campaign and the arguing going back and forth that I thought just *needed* to be posted here in its entirety for obvious reasons.  It's short, so I feel less guilty about reprinting it.  -- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because we wanna see how Rory's first pancake will turn out.
--------------------

Anyway, the original URL is: http://boards.eonline.com/Insider/Boards/ann.jspa?annID=738

Announcement: A Note Regarding Save One Show
Posted By:    kristin
Created in:    Forum: Watch with Kristin
Posted:    Apr 13, 2007 11:16 AM

After seeing the fan fervor in the comments section and in my email inbox today, I would like you all to know that we hear every word you are saying and we take it to heart. I know everyone has strong emotions when it comes to their favorite shows, and I will be sure to let the networks know that One Tree Hill, Supernatural and other SOS shows also exhibited an enormous amount of fan support and deserve to come back for another season.

As for exactly how all these shows got so many votes, we unfortunately do not have a way of tracking that, so we had no recourse but to declare rankings based on the numbers alone. However, we will most certainly keep all your concerns in mind if we decide to do this campaign again next year.

I'm truly sorry to all of you who are upset by the outcome of SOS. I hope you know that the intent of this entire campaign was all in good faith that we could help *you be heard, and help *you save the shows you wanted to save, and we tried extremely hard to make that happen.
TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3125 on: April 13, 2007, 12:17:03 pm »

Guys, does it really matter if they cheated or we cheated or if they're giving support to both shows or how it happened, or what Kristin said?

All that matters.. is that we won and its another thing for the execs to consider and for Alexis and Lauren to consider.
Just celebrate. We did something positive.

JESS: Pick a card. [Rory throws the whole deck on the floor] Huh, well, that just made the trick a little bit harder.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3126 on: April 13, 2007, 12:17:13 pm »

I know it's customary to just link to the original post, but Kristin just posted a word on the outcome of the SOS campaign and the arguing going back and forth that I thought just *needed* to be posted here in its entirety for obvious reasons.  It's short, so I feel less guilty about reprinting it.  -- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because we wanna see how Rory's first pancake will turn out.
--------------------

Anyway, the original URL is: http://boards.eonline.com/Insider/Boards/ann.jspa?annID=738

Announcement: A Note Regarding Save One Show
Posted By:    kristin
Created in:    Forum: Watch with Kristin
Posted:    Apr 13, 2007 11:16 AM

After seeing the fan fervor in the comments section and in my email inbox today, I would like you all to know that we hear every word you are saying and we take it to heart. I know everyone has strong emotions when it comes to their favorite shows, and I will be sure to let the networks know that One Tree Hill, Supernatural and other SOS shows also exhibited an enormous amount of fan support and deserve to come back for another season.

As for exactly how all these shows got so many votes, we unfortunately do not have a way of tracking that, so we had no recourse but to declare rankings based on the numbers alone. However, we will most certainly keep all your concerns in mind if we decide to do this campaign again next year.

I'm truly sorry to all of you who are upset by the outcome of SOS. I hope you know that the intent of this entire campaign was all in good faith that we could help *you be heard, and help *you save the shows you wanted to save, and we tried extremely hard to make that happen.

Thanks for posting that!! At least she finally did give a comment on the whole thing and maybe (hopefully) the whole bickering there comes to an end soon.
I can totally understand that fans of other shows are upset that they aren't under the top 3 or didn't win, but all the accusations and complaining isn't helping now and I think Kristin - as she already promised - will contact more producers .. .not only from GG and VM..

In case we there isn't a final statement from CW before, we have only / still (whatever way u wanna see it Wink ) to fight for our season 8 ... so keep those pictures and letters coming .. and if you have time .. visit one of the polls to support our girls!

TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3127 on: April 13, 2007, 01:07:49 pm »

So.. I know this isn't really season 8 related.. but if you think about it... it kinda is.

SO,
I was watching Gilmore Girls bloopers and Lauren says "Well.. thats why I love you." to Scott... and then she says "I just realized... I said I love you and thats not the line." and then Scott says "I love you too, then." and Lauren says "Well... I guess the shows over then."

So they've always been planning to end with Lorelai and Luke together, duh.. but.. I thought it was funny.

JESS: Pick a card. [Rory throws the whole deck on the floor] Huh, well, that just made the trick a little bit harder.
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3128 on: April 13, 2007, 01:34:26 pm »

does anyone know when E is going to talk about GG today. I need to record it because i will be at the college all evening. Please let me know all the details you can thanks
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3129 on: April 13, 2007, 01:56:06 pm »

does anyone know when E is going to talk about GG today. I need to record it because i will be at the college all evening. Please let me know all the details you can thanks

Well I'm Canadian so I have it on at 12am on STAR (channel 50) but I dont know what it is for you.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
divine
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3130 on: April 13, 2007, 02:00:11 pm »

Well I'm Canadian so I have it on at 12am on STAR (channel 50) but I dont know what it is for you.

This may be a stupid question .. but is there a tv show which is related to this E!Online - Thing? I never took a second look at that page, only at the SOS section Smiley
And if there's really something about SOS on Tv .. can anyone record it and put it online then?? I REALLY would love to see this .. but u know, no chance here in Austria ;(
Thanks in advance!!!!

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3131 on: April 13, 2007, 02:02:34 pm »

This may be a stupid question .. but is there a tv show which is related to this E!Online - Thing? I never took a second look at that page, only at the SOS section Smiley
And if there's really something about SOS on Tv .. can anyone record it and put it online then?? I REALLY would love to see this .. but u know, no chance here in Austria ;(
Thanks in advance!!!!

Yea there is a show relating to E! Its the E! news and they are going to announce the winnings on tv. Smiley

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
SerenitylovesGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3132 on: April 13, 2007, 02:28:42 pm »

I am in Washington State and Yes it is on E! the channel and there are like 4 or 5 E! news that go one during the day I watched the one at 12 noon and nothing was said i recorded all of them for today though so I will watch them when I get home. they are only 30 min long.
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #3133 on: April 13, 2007, 02:36:16 pm »

Thanks in advance!!!!
I can tape it and clip it for you if it's on the 7pm edition and no one else does it. The quality won't be that great though, lol.

And man. I just got through reading some of those posts over there at the comment area for the E! poll and all I have to say is people are nuts! They wonder why more GG fans don't post their responses and what not and for me it's because I don't want to be caught up in the nuttiness that's being posted there. I voted in the poll, but just don't feel like commenting on it. (They really need to have a crazy icon that we can use here, lol)

Voted in the US Weekly poll too. I like that we can give comments on the shows. Smiley
divine
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3134 on: April 13, 2007, 02:40:17 pm »

Thanks in advance!!!!
I can tape it and clip it for you if it's on the 7pm edition and no one else does it. The quality won't be that great though, lol.

And man. I just got through reading some of those posts over there at the comment area for the E! poll and all I have to say is people are nuts! They wonder why more GG fans don't post their responses and what not and for me it's because I don't want to be caught up in the nuttiness that's being posted there. I voted in the poll, but just don't feel like commenting on it. (They really need to have a crazy icon that we can use here, lol)

Voted in the US Weekly poll too. I like that we can give comments on the shows. Smiley

That would be AWESOME!!! I don't care about the quality as long as I can hear what they're talking ..

... and you're right about that ... that's why I stopped reading there after 2 pages .. I was there again 1/2 an hour ago, but it was worse .. I decided to write Kristin an E-mail about what I want her to put in that letter .. because I don't want in the comments section either  Sad

btw, we're back to 49% over at tvguide.com ... I hate this up and down .. but it also encourages me to vote even more Smiley
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 02:41:42 pm by divine » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 207 208 [209] 210 211 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: