The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 11:45:43 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765015 times)
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3105 on: April 13, 2007, 09:05:27 am »

over on the E board i keep defending GG for not cheating, when people are telling me that they saw it with their own eyes. i'm curious if we did cheat? if so i think it wasn't a fair win. but i'm curious if i should still be defending the gg fans and the intensity of their voting if it wasn't all fair.

The way I look at it is this (and I posted something similar over there):  Myself and a couple other members here sent Kristin emails asking about the multiple voting.  None of us received a response.  I checked the web page and there was no rule stated against it.  So most of us voted as many times as we could.

It was definitely NOT cheating.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3106 on: April 13, 2007, 09:09:58 am »

teavee.com poll update!!

Gilmore Girls at #12 with close to 13,000 votes and we're hoping to make it to the Top 10 soon!!  Thanks for your continued support everybody and if you haven't yet, come join us there and have fun voting for our favorite girls!!  Hope to see you there!! Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3107 on: April 13, 2007, 09:13:30 am »

conradv

but they said bots were being used, they talked of cleaning cookies and what not, i'm not aware of what this does, but i assume the script i brought up a while back would be a form of cheating, although as far as im concerned no one ever wrote one which would repeatedly vote for you, while you do other things. so hopefully none of us did that. i hope it was a fair win

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #3108 on: April 13, 2007, 09:35:04 am »

WE WON!  lol and now for sure we won, boy that was a stressful week of waiting to make sure the results were true.  And that's nice that Veronica Mars is getting some praise aswell, but hopefully Kristin will GG more praise because we did actually WIN.

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3109 on: April 13, 2007, 09:43:46 am »

Ok Guys, get your voting fingers ready.... USA Today (the newspaper) is doing their annual Save One Show vote. Just go to . There is the whole survery up on the top (under the page header) or further down the page there is a "Quick Question" Take the whole survey because you can add comments and you don't have to sign up for the site (all the contact info at the bottom is optional). This is a national newspaper and if we win we could get some coverage!! Go Orgers!

Have you all gone here?? There's a survey. Since we're all in the voting spirit....vote! Smiley

www.usatoday.com/life

You can click Keep, Go, or I don't care for each show listed.
Obviously "Keep" GG, but while you're at it...
Keep:
"What About Brian",
"The Class",
"New Adventures of Old Christine" 
"October Road"

THANKS!!

Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3110 on: April 13, 2007, 09:54:23 am »

Well people.. the results are offically in.. WE WON for sure!!! 2.2 million votes! That is awesome!! heres the link for the results
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=62ccc89d-dd62-421a-a04c-e06a7bdb37ad

Also.. don't forget to add a comment at the end, b/c shes gonna send our comments along with her support letters to the CW people and the cast Smiley  Im so happy!!!!   Dance

Funny how Kristin's treating VM as winners too (they were close, but not winners, but I'm not complaining-just saying). I don't believe that it was only the last 24 hours that we were winning. She's a fan of VM right? I hope the package on tonight's E! News isn't just about VM and a little about GG.

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3111 on: April 13, 2007, 09:57:37 am »

over on the E board i keep defending GG for not cheating, when people are telling me that they saw it with their own eyes. i'm curious if we did cheat? if so i think it wasn't a fair win. but i'm curious if i should still be defending the gg fans and the intensity of their voting if it wasn't all fair.

The way I look at it is this (and I posted something similar over there):  Myself and a couple other members here sent Kristin emails asking about the multiple voting.  None of us received a response.  I checked the web page and there was no rule stated against it.  So most of us voted as many times as we could.

You should check out my responses about the quote-unquote "cheating issues" on the E! boards at:
http://boards.eonline.com/Insider/Boards/thread.jspa?threadID=48758&start=15&tstart=0

Also, to asenseofhope:  yeah, they may have had cookie-cleaner bots to invalidate certain types of multiple votes, but that really doesn't work when you've disabled your cookies for the website in question (it's true of any website that you disable cookies for.)

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because I need as much more of Lorelai cracking lewd or otherwise risque jokes as I can get.
gilmoreren
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 36

Fairtrade Fanatic

View Profile
« Reply #3112 on: April 13, 2007, 10:11:47 am »

Some comments on this:

Wow guys and gals.  I'm gone for 4 days (went camping with my kids) and come back to 14 pages of added Mandate'ing!!!

SO first and foremost, the official results are in:

Save One Show: Gilmore and Veronica Get Fan Love in Record-Breaking Vote!

Wow. Just wow.

The results are in from our seventh annual Save One Show campaign, where you, the fans, vote for the one endangered TV series you want to save from extinction.

And the good news is—thanks to a never-before-seen SOS twist—you Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars (and even Friday Night Lights) fans all have a reason to celebrate.

First, I have to tell you that we had a record-breaking 6 million votes this year, which is downright astounding. But not as astounding as the way in which those votes came in over the course of the two-week voting period.

Here's the play-by-play: For the first few days of SOS voting, CW fan favorites Veronica Mars and One Tree Hill were neck and neck, switching off between first and second place. Then, Veronica pulled ahead, steadily climbing and reaching nearly 40 percent of the votes, making it the clear winner for the next week and a half.

Then suddenly, in the last 24 hours of voting, you Gilmore fans must have put the pedal to the metal and rallied in all the right places, because the Girls pulled out of third place to come out on top—right before the Save One Show poll closed on Friday at midnight.

That said, thanks to these extraordinary voting circumstances, we’re going to do something we’ve never done before: give SOS love to two shows—both the winner, the CW's Gilmore Girls, and the very close runner-up, the CW's Veronica Mars.

As promised, I will be sending support letters to the powers that be at the C-Dub along with personal messages from you fans (feel free to post them in the comments section below).

Here are the official results (according to number of votes received) of the Save One Show poll:

1. Gilmore Girls: 2.2 million
2. Veronica Mars: 1.9 million
3. One Tree Hill: 950,802
4. Supernatural: 413,014
5. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: 120,312
6. Crossing Jordan: 30,552
7. Friday Night Lights: 23,195 (six more scripts have been ordered)
8. How I Met Your Mother: 21,761
9. What About Brian: 14,003
10. Jericho: 13,328
11. The Class: 13,238
12. Medium: 11,811(six more scripts have been ordered)
13. Scrubs: 9,248
14. 30 Rock: 5,189 votes (already picked up by NBC)
15. Close to Home: 2,433
16. Six Degrees: 1,711
17. The Nine: 1,126

Veronica Mars executive producer Rob Thomas has this to say about the outpouring of fan support: "We're continually astounded by the fans' willingness to go grassroots to keep us around. More than ever, the letter-writing, vote-casting, plane-circling efforts of our fans may be just the push we need to make it back on the air."

(We weren’t able to receive a comment from the cast or crew of Gilmore Girls before press time—but I’m sure they are thrilled to know how much the fans still love them!)

Now, with my PR hat on for a moment, I smell a rat with the EOnline campaign.

1) Anyone noticed how 'shocked' they were with the result?

2) Why draw attention to 'the way in which the votes came in'? It's a vote - it happens, it ends.

3) 'VM ahead for a week and a half' - yes, it might have been but it didn't win - why emphatically state that?

4) 'Then in the last 24 hours' - again, why draw our attention to the short change in results? Like any vote, or auction for that matter anything with a deadline, there's bound to be much more activity in the last few hours, especially as results take time to process...

5) 'Extraordinary circumstances' - as we all know, this was an online poll much like any other - the circumstances were relatively straightforward, lots of people voted and stepped it up as the deadline neared. There were no 'crazy' circumstances.

6) give love to two shows - the winner and runner up - a good gesture, a nice way of getting double the fan base exposure or a way to ensure both parties (for whatever reason) are included?

7) Official results show a 300,000 gap - to me that is not tiny

Cool Veronica Mars spokesman "gush gush gush get us back on the air wah wah" Gilmore Girls: "no comment in time for press deadline" - now this is the giveaway.
You're coordinating a poll and involving a range of shows so you plan to be available or get comments from the show PROs/Spokespeople in advance in order to get a quote for your release. Why hadn't they gotten a quote from GG? Noone was available at all? Not even from CW itself?

Now maybe there's a reason for all this. I suspect EOnline (in the middle of the voting) thought VM would romp home and they're shocked that it didn't. I suspect that they had already starting planning their save one show campaign, not before voting started, but as the voting neared a close - they thought they had their show and were starting to brainstorm ideas.

Then, shocker, while a LIVE VOTE is still running, the result changes, so much like sports commentators, they have to back foot a lot. Call GG press office (or don't, depending on how cynical you are) and no comment. Problem.
Call VM and tell them - what?

So, perfect solution, keep the campaign you'd already started on and include the GG one too - double bang for your buck, save work that would otherwise be wasted and save face too.

Call me cynical but I suspect that's what happened. I am not for one minute accusing EOnline of rigging the vote or spinning the result just trying to explain that perhaps they thought they knew their winner, then didn't and had to play catch-up.

--
I'm a C19 girl

Gilmoreren an aunty soon...
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3113 on: April 13, 2007, 10:12:59 am »

You should check out my responses about the quote-unquote "cheating issues" on the E! boards at:
http://boards.eonline.com/Insider/Boards/thread.jspa?threadID=48758&start=15&tstart=0

Also, to asenseofhope:  yeah, they may have had cookie-cleaner bots to invalidate certain types of multiple votes, but that really doesn't work when you've disabled your cookies for the website in question (it's true of any website that you disable cookies for.)

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because I need as much more of Lorelai cracking lewd or otherwise risque jokes as I can get.

Nicely said.  I agree with your posts there.

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3114 on: April 13, 2007, 10:15:59 am »

Everyone knows the VM fans cheated.  They had a website describing how to set up the voting loop.  So how can they accuse us of cheating if they did it themselves?  Hopefully next year Kristin will change it to one vote per IP address so this doesnt happen again.  
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3115 on: April 13, 2007, 10:19:40 am »

It's very fishy. I completely agree. I don't know what to expect from tonight's E! News.
I don't believe GG was winning in the last 24 hours alone. I think that's BS. JMO
GG is the clear winner, and VM is a clear runner-up. 300,000 votes is a big difference.

BTW, way to go What About Brian! It did well compared to many of the other shows.

conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #3116 on: April 13, 2007, 10:22:36 am »

Everyone knows the VM fans cheated.  They had a website describing how to set up the voting loop.  So how can they accuse us of cheating if they did it themselves?  Hopefully next year Kristin will change it to one vote per IP address so this doesnt happen again. 

Unfortunately, there are ways around even the IP address (dynamic addresses).  Probably the best thing to do would be have a "text box" with random letters like "As8t4rT" that changes every time the page is loaded that you have to type in to cast your vote.

People could still vote more than once, but it would be a pain to keep typing random letters every time.

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3117 on: April 13, 2007, 10:27:42 am »

Everyone knows the VM fans cheated.  They had a website describing how to set up the voting loop.  So how can they accuse us of cheating if they did it themselves?  Hopefully next year Kristin will change it to one vote per IP address so this doesnt happen again. 

Unfortunately, there are ways around even the IP address (dynamic addresses).  Probably the best thing to do would be have a "text box" with random letters like "As8t4rT" that changes every time the page is loaded that you have to type in to cast your vote.

People could still vote more than once, but it would be a pain to keep typing random letters every time.

OoOo that is a good idea, i hate those stupid text boxes!  I can never even read what it says!  Smiley
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #3118 on: April 13, 2007, 10:32:06 am »

back down to 50% on the tv guide poll

oh and is Kristin saying something about her poll on TV tonight?

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3119 on: April 13, 2007, 10:33:51 am »

back down to 50% on the tv guide poll

oh and is Kristin saying something about her poll on TV tonight?

Yes, Friday the 13th! lol

Pages: 1 ... 206 207 [208] 209 210 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: