The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 11:35:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732340 times)
TaggingPrincess
« Reply #3090 on: April 13, 2007, 04:41:42 am »

Yeah, I read that article earlier and it really ticked me off!  Angry
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: April 13, 2007, 06:01:58 am »

Wow guys and gals.  I'm gone for 4 days (went camping with my kids) and come back to 14 pages of added Mandate'ing!!!

SO first and foremost, the official results are in:

Save One Show: Gilmore and Veronica Get Fan Love in Record-Breaking Vote!

Wow. Just wow.

The results are in from our seventh annual Save One Show campaign, where you, the fans, vote for the one endangered TV series you want to save from extinction.

And the good news is—thanks to a never-before-seen SOS twist—you Gilmore Girls and Veronica Mars (and even Friday Night Lights) fans all have a reason to celebrate.

First, I have to tell you that we had a record-breaking 6 million votes this year, which is downright astounding. But not as astounding as the way in which those votes came in over the course of the two-week voting period.

Here's the play-by-play: For the first few days of SOS voting, CW fan favorites Veronica Mars and One Tree Hill were neck and neck, switching off between first and second place. Then, Veronica pulled ahead, steadily climbing and reaching nearly 40 percent of the votes, making it the clear winner for the next week and a half.

Then suddenly, in the last 24 hours of voting, you Gilmore fans must have put the pedal to the metal and rallied in all the right places, because the Girls pulled out of third place to come out on top—right before the Save One Show poll closed on Friday at midnight.

That said, thanks to these extraordinary voting circumstances, we’re going to do something we’ve never done before: give SOS love to two shows—both the winner, the CW's Gilmore Girls, and the very close runner-up, the CW's Veronica Mars.

As promised, I will be sending support letters to the powers that be at the C-Dub along with personal messages from you fans (feel free to post them in the comments section below).

Here are the official results (according to number of votes received) of the Save One Show poll:

1. Gilmore Girls: 2.2 million
2. Veronica Mars: 1.9 million
3. One Tree Hill: 950,802
4. Supernatural: 413,014
5. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: 120,312
6. Crossing Jordan: 30,552
7. Friday Night Lights: 23,195 (six more scripts have been ordered)
8. How I Met Your Mother: 21,761
9. What About Brian: 14,003
10. Jericho: 13,328
11. The Class: 13,238
12. Medium: 11,811(six more scripts have been ordered)
13. Scrubs: 9,248
14. 30 Rock: 5,189 votes (already picked up by NBC)
15. Close to Home: 2,433
16. Six Degrees: 1,711
17. The Nine: 1,126

Veronica Mars executive producer Rob Thomas has this to say about the outpouring of fan support: "We're continually astounded by the fans' willingness to go grassroots to keep us around. More than ever, the letter-writing, vote-casting, plane-circling efforts of our fans may be just the push we need to make it back on the air."

(We weren’t able to receive a comment from the cast or crew of Gilmore Girls before press time—but I’m sure they are thrilled to know how much the fans still love them!)

Meanwhile, you may remember that this year, we asked you fans to create your own Save One Show videos to support your favorite endangered series. We received a ton of great videos and truly appreciate your efforts!

One of Heidi's major goals for the Mandate was achieved.  She really wanted a good showing in the E! poll as not only is it showing great support from our fanbase, but importantly, it comes with a lot of media exposure.  Follow up articles and letters from Kristin to CW execs informing them of the efforts of fans go a long way to achieving our campaign goals.  So great job!!  Our win, with a staggering 300,000 votes more than the second placed VM is a huge effort.  Wear it with pride and continue to be classy winners - do not bring any of the negative mud slinging to these boards.

Secondly, whilst I don't want to speak for Heidi in her absence, I think it is important to stay focused on the task at hand.  All of these other polls were not a major focus because they really don't achieve anything for us 'mandate wise'.  They are purely a status thing and whilst it's great that everybody is spending a lot of time supporting our wonderful Girls, it is taking away precious time that could be spent doing what we have done all along.  So do what you think is best, but I would be encouraging you to focus on our mandate objectives like submitting a photo for the Fan Photo Campaign, write letters and mail them (all relevant addresses are on the first post of this thread), send emails (addresses also on the first post of this thread), send books if you are participating in Ash's book campaign, post Mandate logos on your myspace and other online sources, or even send letters to your local press attempting to get our cause mentioned and more widely recognised. 

The old addage 'slow and steady wins the race' is what we need to remember here.  It is important to remember that the 2 months of campaigning we have already participated in has gained us many media mentions and responses, including Heidi's response from the Gilmore Girls show publicists, which commented that we had definately made ourselves heard and that we should continue our efforts.  

So if you've got time, participate in the abovementioned campaign ideas - other shows are now starting similar campaigns.  We just have the benefit of getting a head start in our efforts.

Viva la Gilmore Girls Hearts

Cheers
Caryn
xxx
« Last Edit: April 14, 2007, 04:23:38 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3092 on: April 13, 2007, 06:39:02 am »

We officially won the EOnline poll!! Grin Grin Grin

Celebrate Celebrate  Celebrate

2.2 Million votes!  Now that is dedication, my friends!   Smiley

However, I also agree with Caryn on the fact that we should keep going.  We've won a battle, but the rest of the war is still before us.  So keep it up!   *scampers off to vote in the TVGuide poll* Grin
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 06:41:32 am by LitLover » Logged

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3093 on: April 13, 2007, 06:39:47 am »

Thanks, Caryn, for the encouraging words! I think you are right- polls are easy and fun, but our continued efforts should be put into GETTING THE WORD OUT. Let's focus on the word "word"- after all, our Girls are pretty crafty with the words now, aren't they?
     Rory: But verbal's my thing.
     Lorelai: No, verbal's my  thing.     Grin

Anyway, we need to keep talking, writing, typing, morse coding about the need and demand for Season 8. I truly believe in the power of the written word; the voice of the people is a powerful thing, it has changed history, it certainly can acheive the triumph of Mandate Glory!!

Keep up the Good Work!

(However... I think it's weird that even after a week, Kristin couldn't get a quote or anything from anyone at GG in reaction to the SOS win; they are really keeping us on our toes...)

LitLover, that Paris sig cracks me up every time...  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 06:46:49 am by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: April 13, 2007, 06:50:19 am »

Thanks, Caryn, for the encouraging words! I think you are right- polls are easy and fun, but our continued efforts should be put into GETTING THE WORD OUT. Let's focus on the word "word"- after all, our Girls are pretty crafty with the words now, aren't they?
     Rory: But verbal's my thing.
     Lorelai: No, verbal's my  thing.     Grin

Wow!!!  I wish I could have said it with as much pizzazz as you did!!

Perfect quote.  And, it would appear that verbal is your thing also.

Season 8 or Bust Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: April 13, 2007, 06:57:34 am »

Wow 2.2 million votes for the Eonline poll.  Great teamwork!!  Smiley
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: April 13, 2007, 07:06:50 am »

hey guys.
wow, it's friday the 13th BUT good news all around Smiley
i'm so glad we won the poll with over 2 million votes - congrats to all of us...we can be proud i think.
please help me - i don't know what i can do for our campaign and i'd like to do something.
i sent mails (only 5 but it took a while cause i had to write in english ^:) ), voted several times,
i created 2 pics for the campaign - maybe i could do more?- and i printed out some pendants (which my other
obsessed friends love) oh i voted on the usatoday page and commented

keep on voting!!! we are at 51% and VM at 48% (tv guide poll)

love,
chrissi

...angel without wings
AZGranado
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3097 on: April 13, 2007, 07:20:57 am »

Please show your support for GG and help us vote now:

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/
[/b][/size]

lalaliz2005
« Reply #3098 on: April 13, 2007, 07:25:37 am »

Please show your support for GG and help us vote now:

http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/
[/b][/size]

Please please please help us! Prison Break is giving us a run for our money! Let's show them we can beat them and that we're determined! It's not hard to sign up and voting is easy and we'll help you get the hang of it if we need to! Please come?!? High Five
TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3099 on: April 13, 2007, 08:19:36 am »

Hi,

I was just on the site of USA today (where they also do a poll as mentioned before), and i was reading some articles. One of them was about the fact that lots of tv show just don 't now wen to end. Any way long article about that, and they have a lot of examples of show that, in their opinion, suffered from that problem. One sentence pulled my attention:

Gilmore Girls has run at least two seasons too long and threatens to return for a third.

I really hope this threat will come true! Cheesy

oh, for the interested one 's here is the link. it 's spoilerfree.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-04-12-series-end-cover_N.htm

Gilmore Girls has run for atleast two seasons too long... I almost agree. The 5th season is when everything kind of went to hell. Buutt... we do need an 8th season to fix all the damage done. If they end it now... they'll be proving everyone right that GG overstayed their welcome. We need to end on a better note.

JESS: Pick a card. [Rory throws the whole deck on the floor] Huh, well, that just made the trick a little bit harder.
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: April 13, 2007, 08:28:05 am »

Wow.  There sure is a lot of whining going on over at the E! Save One Show Blog.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3101 on: April 13, 2007, 08:42:30 am »

Well Done everyone on the SOS Poll!  Cheesy All our voting really paid off!
Anyway.. Me+Boredom=

Cheesy
I couldn't fit all my dvds in  Tongue

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: April 13, 2007, 08:46:51 am »

Well Done everyone on the SOS Poll!  Cheesy All our voting really paid off!
Anyway.. Me+Boredom=

Cheesy
I couldn't fit all my dvds in  Tongue

I like it - nice colors & composition.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
tabbycat
Town Resident

Community Points: 65

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3103 on: April 13, 2007, 08:48:30 am »

I like it - nice colors & composition.

Thanks  Cheesy

"I just like to see you happy."
javajunkie forever
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: April 13, 2007, 09:02:00 am »

over on the E board i keep defending GG for not cheating, when people are telling me that they saw it with their own eyes. i'm curious if we did cheat? if so i think it wasn't a fair win. but i'm curious if i should still be defending the gg fans and the intensity of their voting if it wasn't all fair.

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: