The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 02:56:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763634 times)
TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3075 on: April 12, 2007, 09:11:04 pm »

So many polls... not enough time!... and not enough internet windows. haha.
By the way,
everyone should drop by the Eonline poll and read what everyone is writing. I read a comment about VM and GG fans cheating, about people being mad that two shows one, and people thinking the entire thing is a load of bull. Not alot of positive Gilmore Girls influence over there. Maybe we should add some.  Wink

JESS: Pick a card. [Rory throws the whole deck on the floor] Huh, well, that just made the trick a little bit harder.
TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3076 on: April 12, 2007, 09:15:20 pm »

By the way... does anyone have the information for the photo thingy?

JESS: Pick a card. [Rory throws the whole deck on the floor] Huh, well, that just made the trick a little bit harder.
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3077 on: April 12, 2007, 09:37:03 pm »

Gilmore Girls now at #12 at teavee.com poll everyone with over 11,000 votes!!! Smiley   We had a total of 28 fans who came today and helped vote, up from 17 voters yesterday, and we all put in over 4,000 votes today alone!!  That's amazing everybody!! Smiley

In the last three days, Gilmore Girls jumped from #25 to #12 today, and we're shooting for the Top 10 by tomorrow, Friday!! Thanks everybody for your support and we appreciate your continued support!!  We still have 18 days of voting left for the month and plenty of time to bring our favorite girls higher and higher in the poll!  Please come and join us, if you haven't yet!!  Every vote counts!!  Hope to see you there!! Go Gilmore Girls fans go!! Smiley 

Here's an update of the vote totals as of today, 4/12/2007, 9:30PM Pacific Time

Current vote total is 11485. Rank is #12. (2841 away from #11 and 152 ahead of #13)

Voted in this 24 hour period: softjen (550) Poppinella (480) elliottfan4rory (426) raidergirl (362) lisa00 (335) divine (295) xdeartragedyx (197) azgranado (188) AlexisFan (168) LitLover (155) goclo92 (140) StillStanding (131) Dane (103) flcrkr (101) lalaliz2005 (94) biblekissbible (53) gilmorelver (50) silver-kisses55 (23) Dempan (20) Lucie (19) twinker (18) Fantasy (17) supportthegreat8 (13) DeaDuchess (13) Lauren-Is-My-Idol (13) Amelia77 (5) someother99 (3) Gilmore-freak (1)

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

TaggingPrincess
« Reply #3078 on: April 12, 2007, 09:39:24 pm »

PLEASE COMMENT ON THE E POLL RESULTS AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR GILMORE GIRLS!!!

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=62ccc89d-dd62-421a-a04c-e06a7bdb37ad
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: April 12, 2007, 10:01:33 pm »

I wouldn't worry too much about them moving things from the sets... they always do when the show is on hiatus.  For example they take out all of the tables, and chairs, and little extras from lukes diner... during the summer.  The things are property of the WB prop department, this allows WB to rent the stuff to other productions... hope that helps

Actually, many of the most familiar items that you describe would be considered "Hero" props that wouldn't be rented out.  Hero = stuff that's important, that actors interact with on a regular basis.  The Jeep is a huge example of a Hero prop, but so's the cash register at the diner and so's Lane's drum kit and so are the portraits of the Gilmore family and of Rory.)   More likely, if anything were being struck from the sets right now, it would be more for protection of those set pieces over the summer hiatus.  It's quite possible that if the poster was trying to describe what was actually happening, s/he misinterpreted why they'd be doing it.  OTOH, most permanent sets, whether or a soundstage or not, *still* wouldn't be struck until after a season finale has aired.  Too much potential to uncancel a series, particularly on the CW, y'know.

Still, I think it's a bogus rumor.

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai needs to get another B-52's shirt -- that old one was ratty even in Season 1.
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3080 on: April 12, 2007, 10:12:34 pm »

Rob, come over to teavee.com and join us in voting! its fun!

But I wanna increase my community points here so that I can eventually be labelled "Town Lunatic" and have Kirk as my avatar! Mario

I've already double posted (sorry!), so . . .

ETA the following observation about possible rumors of sets being struck:

Take any and all rumors about sets on the show being struck with a *huge* grain of salt.  Since this is a non-spoiler at this point, with Rory graduating from Yale, that set will be *entirely* struck and put into the pool to rent out to other productions/companies.  Similarly, the absence of another character after this season (I won't say who, again for the purpose of non-spoiling) means that that character's set(s) will also be permanently struck and returned to the rental pools for props, sets and setpieces.  THEN, there's another complicating factor:  the permanent sets for virtually ALL shows get rebuilt to some extent every 2-3 years or so just due to normal wear-and-tear -- anything from a full repaint, necessitating even fixtures being removed from the set being repainted to rebuilding the set from the ground up, depending on the amount of fixing needed.  So on the one hand, several sets ARE definitely going away anyway and would be struck ENTIRELY as soon as the last scene is filmed on them and on the other hand, other sets likely need significant repair (I bet the wood paneling on the Dragonfly isn't easy to keep clean.

So, let's just go with Auseillo's gut feeling at this point -- I think he's more of an accurate gague than a suspiciously error-ridden tour post.

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because Kirk hasn't conquered his Night Terrors yet and somebody still needs to tell him to just imagine Lorelai naked!  Smitten
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:26:26 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: April 12, 2007, 11:32:34 pm »

It sucks that they couldn't get a hold of anyone from GG in time to share what they had to say about the results.  I'd really like to know how they feel about winning the eonline poll with 2.2 million votes!! CRAZINESS!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: April 12, 2007, 11:53:29 pm »

Is anyone else voting on the teavee poll right now?  The website kinda died for me.
TaggingPrincess
« Reply #3083 on: April 12, 2007, 11:57:12 pm »

Me too! I can't log in. Says site is too busy!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: April 12, 2007, 11:59:03 pm »

Hmmf.. well I guess one good thing about it is I now have time to sleep.  More voting in the AM! Cheesy
TaggingPrincess
« Reply #3085 on: April 13, 2007, 12:00:25 am »

Guess so.  Wink Nite! See ya tomorrow.

-azgranado
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: April 13, 2007, 01:14:33 am »

OMG thats awesome! We were the ones that went from 3rd for 1st!!! Shocked I had no idea it was in the last 24 hours though, I am so happy and shocked that we came so close to not winning!!! Thank you guys so much for taking the time and effort to vote! Yall rock!!

I find it very stupid that Kristen is trying to save VM too though, I don't mind so much that shes trying to save 2 shows, the thing that bothers me is that she is clearly playing favorites! You can tell the only reason she is changing the rules to save VM as well is because thats her prefurance show. If it was SPN in that spot, she wouldn't give a second thought as to whether or not she should pick 2 shows or 1! I also don't like that VM fans were rewarded for there mean behaviour to everyone else trying to save a show! Even now that they got what they want, they came in second with VERY close numbers to GG and they still get show saving help and they are still dissing GG fans and complaining we came in second. Its imature!

Well, the doorknobs, carpet, and a ton of other things in the Dragonfly had been taken out, and the tour guide had been working there for a number of years, and he said "When the doorknobs, curtains and carpets go, you know its coming to an end. It's sad, but it's time."

I live in Australia, and I came to America with my dad for a conference. Well, he was going to the conference not me. And we went on the Warner Brothers tour. I was so excited to see all the Gilmore Girls stuff, and I actually say Lauren Graham (Lorelai), Scott Patterson (Luke), Yanic Truesdale (Michel), Michael Winters (Taylor Doose), and Liz Torres (Miss Patty). It was fantastic. I was luckily with a tour group (we were on the V.I.P tour) that loved Gilmore Girls. One of the girls, about 21 or so, asked if the show would be continuing to Season Eight. Unfortunately, they're not. Gilmore Girls is finishing up with Season Seven. When we saw the sets, they had already started removing the stuff from the Dragonfly Inn set, and outside Richard and Emilys house, someone had cheekily put a "For Sale" sign. It was super depressing. We actually couldn't go into the main area with the Gazebo because they were filming the last episode for the series. When we asked how long it would take before they finished filming and they started to take down the sets, the tour guide said "Four days."

I vote that we... I don't know, stand outside the WB with pitchforks yelling "GIVE US OUR GIRLS".

Though one of the reasons they're stopping is because apparently, Alexis Bledel AND Lauren Graham don't want to do it anymore. Lauren Graham is going on to shoot Evan Almighty (sequal to Bruce Almighty, we saw the guy who played Evan there too, it was awesome) and Alexis Bledel wants to take more movie roles.

I'm sorry I had to bring this news but I thought you guys had a right to know. You may not believe me, but I'm telling the complete truth.

I found this on a thread that wasn't needed, so I posted it here in case it got deleted.

There's A HUGE problem with the post that you're quoting from -- Lauren completed filming on Evan Almighty LAST YEAR.  Its status on imdb.com is "Completed" by the way, and also, because it's a HUGE VFX movie, it's unlikely that they're doing any reshoots since both Carell and Graham would be onto other summer hiatus shoots long before Evan's premiere date of June 22nd. 

Oh, that and Carell has *already* reportedly started filming the big-movie remake of Get Smart.  So IMHO, Graham's not even doing reshoots on EA.  The filming is locked, it's done, it has to have been done for a while just to get the VFX done in time for the premiere.

There's a SECOND huge problem with the above rumor -- and that's that according to Ed Herrmann and other sources, Alexis wants to take a break from the acting biz entirely and doesn't know if she wants to do ANY of it anymore, much less a movie.

While I normally believe tour posts, this one sounds like a plant of some kind to me.  Possibly (and IMO likely) a malicious one posted by a disgruntled VM fan, possibly something planted by someone at the network to increase pressure on AB to come back or LG to come back by herself if she can't sway AB (reliable rumors have it that they're having LG lean hard on AB to come back, after all.)

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this rumor is totally bogus -- unless someone who's a majorly trustable regular here, has taken either the short or the long tours in the past week.

-- Rob

I completely agree Rob with all your posts about this recent news! I will admit that when I first started reading this news, my heart sank but there were too many mistakes in this that were so blunt and obvious. Any GG fan would know it which makes me think the person who made up this news is a VM fan. Forgive me if I'm wrong but it just seems that way.

Like you said, Lauren finished filming Evan Almighty MONTHS ago! The movie will be in theaters in like 2 months and the trailers are already out, there is no way they are still filming anything right now!

Another thing that tipped me off this is most likely fake is that they made the tour guides seem waaaay to sure of themselves. Stillstanding mentioned earlier that tour guides usually aren't aloud to give a full answer when people ask them stuff like this even if they do know which makes sence since not even cast members can do that.

All the stuff we have been hearing about tour guides saying the show will most likely come back, there was always a pattern. They never gave a full and sure answer, they just repeated all the rumours that have been flying around, confirmed some and disregarded others and told everyone things seem to be looking up. I doubt they could say more then that...heck I doubt they even know more then that and that seems very reliable to me! I also think believing one report from one person about a/few tour guides saying this terrible news compared to many reports with actual proof they went on the tour that their tour guide said the opposite, is silly!! I read recently, less then a week ago, that someone went on the tour, they had pics and a story and everything and they asked the tour guide about this issue and the tour guide said that it most likely will be back. All of this coming from someone who wasn't even sure they wanted another season. I am choosing to believe her. I doubt these tour guides would report 2 different stories in less then a weeks time!

You can see the story here:

http://kousuke-blade.livejournal.com/115066.html

If this is true, if the sets are actually being taken down, there are multiple things to explain that!

There was a forest fire not long ago that sweapt smoke into the studio in the heap load and I'm guessing that would leave some grimy residue. There also probably has to be some repaires! The sets have been up for how long right?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 01:20:00 am by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3087 on: April 13, 2007, 01:50:18 am »

OMG thats awesome! We were the ones that went from 3rd for 1st!!! Shocked I had no idea it was in the last 24 hours though, I am so happy and shocked that we came so close to not winning!!! Thank you guys so much for taking the time and effort to vote! Yall rock!!

I find it very stupid that Kristen is trying to save VM too though, I don't mind so much that shes trying to save 2 shows, the thing that bothers me is that she is clearly playing favorites! You can tell the only reason she is changing the rules to save VM as well is because thats her prefurance show. If it was SPN in that spot, she wouldn't give a second thought as to whether or not she should pick 2 shows or 1! I also don't like that VM fans were rewarded for there mean behaviour to everyone else trying to save a show! Even now that they got what they want, they came in second with VERY close numbers to GG and they still get show saving help and they are still dissing GG fans and complaining we came in second. Its imature!

First of all - YAY!! Again .. Ok we already new that we won the SOS Poll, but now we have the official statement Wink

But I am also a little disappointed for 2 reasons:

1) Kristin - I don't see why she decided to help two shows  now. Sure, VM also had lots of votes, but why even put up a poll if you just change the rules so that they fit to you preferations? When I read the article with the results and everything, I also had the feeling that she just decided that she was tired or something *lol*... Maybe it is just imagination, but I think she was way more committed at the beginning. And now?? "I am going to send letters..." Isn't that exactly the same thing that we've been doing for months now? Don't get me wrong, I am glad that she even wants to help, but I expected her to put up a big campaign; that she head over to the CW and the actors and represents us ...

2) These accusations over at the comment section on E!Online ... Everbody is complaining now, suddenly only GG and VM cheated because they have many votes ... hello? I've never heard about FNL, Studio 60 (or whatever it is called), and all the other shows ... And Gilmore Girls has such a big fanbase all around the world!! Gilmore Girls has been there for 7 years now .. there are 100s of websites, boards (gilmoregirls.org rules Wink )  .. Did other shows that are (what I assume) after their first season, really expect to have the same big fanbase and as many voters as the 1th, 2nd and 3rd place?
However .. I had to stop reading the comments over there after 2 pages, because I got soooo mad! Maybe we should Kristin an E-Mail with the things we want her to put in the letter, because I am pretty sure that she isn't going to read all the comments over there either..

Okay, I am off to vote over at tvguide.com and teavee ... as for the teavee - some of you mentioned that it starts over every month .. you're right, but if we can make in the top 3 in this month (and it is an important month Wink ) than we have one more argument to convice everyone over there at GG .. I mean, last month we have 86 votes (the whole month) and now we're already at 11,800 - that is dedication!! Plus it is lots of fun - and nobody can say that we cheated over there - because it isn't possible to do that.

Keep on fighting - we still can make it!!!!  Grin

softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: April 13, 2007, 03:05:27 am »

Hi,

I was just on the site of USA today (where they also do a poll as mentioned before), and i was reading some articles. One of them was about the fact that lots of tv show just don 't now wen to end. Any way long article about that, and they have a lot of examples of show that, in their opinion, suffered from that problem. One sentence pulled my attention:

Gilmore Girls has run at least two seasons too long and threatens to return for a third.

I really hope this threat will come true! Cheesy

oh, for the interested one 's here is the link. it 's spoilerfree.
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2007-04-12-series-end-cover_N.htm
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: April 13, 2007, 03:41:45 am »

"Gilmore Girls has run at least two seasons too long and threatens to return for a third."

^I don't like who ever wrote that lit bit; geeze they are not so bright

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
Pages: 1 ... 204 205 [206] 207 208 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: