The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 05:40:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764812 times)
TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3060 on: April 12, 2007, 07:21:46 pm »

In true Gilmore Girls fashion.
They haven't even reached 100 episodes, have they? What season is VM in?

JESS: Pick a card. [Rory throws the whole deck on the floor] Huh, well, that just made the trick a little bit harder.
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3061 on: April 12, 2007, 07:22:11 pm »

Okay, but did anyone notice about the post about the tour how it said that Lauren was going on to shoot Evan Almighty?  Um...that's done.  It's been done, I mean, hello, the movie is opening this summer, trailers are out, there isn't anymore shooting to do on that...so, that just makes me not so sure about the reality of that.  I don't think we'll know until the CW execs say themselves that Gilmore Girls will be no more.  And from what I understand, they'll negoiate until May 17 if they have too.  i know the waiting is tough, but we can do this.  We have to keep forging ahead...it's not over yet!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3062 on: April 12, 2007, 07:27:04 pm »

Ausiello: Turns out, there's no huge rush to make a decision. I'm told Episode 22 can serve as either a series or a season finale. So, theoretically, they can continue negotiating with Lauren and Alexis right up until the CW upfront on May 17. That said, I hear things are looking up.

I don't think I can wait until May 17th!!

JESS: Pick a card. [Rory throws the whole deck on the floor] Huh, well, that just made the trick a little bit harder.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: April 12, 2007, 07:33:43 pm »

ok ive been voting on the teavee thing....i found out how. ill be voting on tv guide in a while Cheesy.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
~*emily*~
« Reply #3064 on: April 12, 2007, 07:36:27 pm »

Ausiello: Turns out, there's no huge rush to make a decision. I'm told Episode 22 can serve as either a series or a season finale. So, theoretically, they can continue negotiating with Lauren and Alexis right up until the CW upfront on May 17. That said, I hear things are looking up.

first off, i can't wait either!!!!

and second, i was thinking about how the shooting is already done or will be done soon, and thinking they should decide wether to keep GG going really soon so they can make the finale. it kind of dissapoints me that epi 22 could serve as series or season finale... do you get what i mean? i thought if it was season, there would be a cliffhanger. and if it were series *tear*, it would be made extra-special. i dunno... thats just how i feel
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: April 12, 2007, 07:37:55 pm »

ok ive been voting on the teavee thing....i found out how. ill be voting on tv guide in a while Cheesy.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend a lot of time and effort on the teavee.com poll - they restart it every month and really isn't related to GG getting another season!  It would be much bigger to win the tv guide poll because it would show Ausiello we're serious about season 8!!!  

TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3066 on: April 12, 2007, 07:38:43 pm »

first off, i can't wait either!!!!

and second, i was thinking about how the shooting is already done or will be done soon, and thinking they should decide wether to keep GG going really soon so they can make the finale. it kind of dissapoints me that epi 22 could serve as series or season finale... do you get what i mean? i thought if it was season, there would be a cliffhanger. and if it were series *tear*, it would be made extra-special. i dunno... thats just how i feel

Yeah, if the shooting isn't done already.. they should be focusing on REALLY making the finale amazing.. if its just a season finale, it wouldn't have to be as amazing. So.. I hope we know before May 17th.

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: April 12, 2007, 07:45:31 pm »

You never know they can always tweak something at the end, they have tweaked a lot of episodes in this season so it's probably possible. At this point it better be an ending that won't leave us wondering things because that would suck either way. I just hope of all hopes that Luke will propose to Lorelai.... she'll say yes, and that she and Rory promise to call each other/ visit often. So in that matter either way we'll have a feeling of what could happen next season. Or *gasp* WOULD happen if there isn't one *faints*.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: April 12, 2007, 07:49:56 pm »

Its not really wasting time on teavee.com, its fun actually.. and we vote on tvguide.com on down time Smiley

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: April 12, 2007, 08:27:07 pm »

Well, the doorknobs, carpet, and a ton of other things in the Dragonfly had been taken out, and the tour guide had been working there for a number of years, and he said "When the doorknobs, curtains and carpets go, you know its coming to an end. It's sad, but it's time."

I live in Australia, and I came to America with my dad for a conference. Well, he was going to the conference not me. And we went on the Warner Brothers tour. I was so excited to see all the Gilmore Girls stuff, and I actually say Lauren Graham (Lorelai), Scott Patterson (Luke), Yanic Truesdale (Michel), Michael Winters (Taylor Doose), and Liz Torres (Miss Patty). It was fantastic. I was luckily with a tour group (we were on the V.I.P tour) that loved Gilmore Girls. One of the girls, about 21 or so, asked if the show would be continuing to Season Eight. Unfortunately, they're not. Gilmore Girls is finishing up with Season Seven. When we saw the sets, they had already started removing the stuff from the Dragonfly Inn set, and outside Richard and Emilys house, someone had cheekily put a "For Sale" sign. It was super depressing. We actually couldn't go into the main area with the Gazebo because they were filming the last episode for the series. When we asked how long it would take before they finished filming and they started to take down the sets, the tour guide said "Four days."

I vote that we... I don't know, stand outside the WB with pitchforks yelling "GIVE US OUR GIRLS".

Though one of the reasons they're stopping is because apparently, Alexis Bledel AND Lauren Graham don't want to do it anymore. Lauren Graham is going on to shoot Evan Almighty (sequal to Bruce Almighty, we saw the guy who played Evan there too, it was awesome) and Alexis Bledel wants to take more movie roles.

I'm sorry I had to bring this news but I thought you guys had a right to know. You may not believe me, but I'm telling the complete truth.

I found this on a thread that wasn't needed, so I posted it here in case it got deleted.

There's A HUGE problem with the post that you're quoting from -- Lauren completed filming on Evan Almighty LAST YEAR.  Its status on imdb.com is "Completed" by the way, and also, because it's a HUGE VFX movie, it's unlikely that they're doing any reshoots since both Carell and Graham would be onto other summer hiatus shoots long before Evan's premiere date of June 22nd. 

Oh, that and Carell has *already* reportedly started filming the big-movie remake of Get Smart.  So IMHO, Graham's not even doing reshoots on EA.  The filming is locked, it's done, it has to have been done for a while just to get the VFX done in time for the premiere.

There's a SECOND huge problem with the above rumor -- and that's that according to Ed Herrmann and other sources, Alexis wants to take a break from the acting biz entirely and doesn't know if she wants to do ANY of it anymore, much less a movie.

While I normally believe tour posts, this one sounds like a plant of some kind to me.  Possibly (and IMO likely) a malicious one posted by a disgruntled VM fan, possibly something planted by someone at the network to increase pressure on AB to come back or LG to come back by herself if she can't sway AB (reliable rumors have it that they're having LG lean hard on AB to come back, after all.)

I'm gonna go ahead and say that this rumor is totally bogus -- unless someone who's a majorly trustable regular here, has taken either the short or the long tours in the past week.

-- Rob

--------------------------------
Season 8:  Because we need to know why Lorelai hated "Magnolia."  (What, was it too much like her life?)
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: April 12, 2007, 08:30:48 pm »

Well people.. the results are offically in.. WE WON for sure!!! 2.2 million votes! That is awesome!! heres the link for the results
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=62ccc89d-dd62-421a-a04c-e06a7bdb37ad

Also.. don't forget to add a comment at the end, b/c shes gonna send our comments along with her support letters to the CW people and the cast Smiley  Im so happy!!!!   Dance
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 08:48:43 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: April 12, 2007, 08:49:46 pm »

Rob, come over to teavee.com and join us in voting! its fun!

TawnyBooN
Stars Hollow Tourist

=]

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3072 on: April 12, 2007, 08:57:59 pm »

Eonline results:

1. Gilmore Girls: 2.2 million
2. Veronica Mars: 1.9 million
3. One Tree Hill: 950,802
4. Supernatural: 413,014
5. Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip: 120,312
6. Crossing Jordan: 30,552
7. Friday Night Lights: 23,195 (six more scripts have been ordered)
8. How I Met Your Mother: 21,761
9. What About Brian: 14,003
10. Jericho: 13,328
11. The Class: 13,238
12. Medium: 11,811(six more scripts have been ordered)
13. Scrubs: 9,248
14. 30 Rock: 5,189 votes (already picked up by NBC)
15. Close to Home: 2,433
16. Six Degrees: 1,711
17. The Nine: 1,126

WOW. 2.2 Million votes!
Amazing.

Some of the comments people are leaving are slightly though. People mentioning about how if Alexis is going to leave.. shes going to leave and none of our efforts are going to make a difference.

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3073 on: April 12, 2007, 09:00:57 pm »

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry for being out of the loop for the past week.  To make a long story short, I'm still with family in Minnesota, but I do expect to go home tomorrow.  Because I unexpectedly stayed for a few more days, I haven't yet mailed the additional Fan Photo Campaign books.  However, the up side is that people can continue to submit photos (probably until Sunday).  I do promise to still make more copies of the book and send them to all our contacts via overnight mail.  I can confirm that Lauren's book was delivered on Monday.  Of course, I don't know if she's seen it or the whatnot, but my tracking number said it was indeed delivered.

On a happier note, congrats to everyone on winning the E! Online SOS poll!  We did it. Wink 

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: April 12, 2007, 09:05:07 pm »

Yeah, my books will arrive on Wednesday of next week.. I hope Alexis gets the books Smiley  We are rising on the teavee.com poll.. went from spot 25 to 12 in 3-4 days! great job to everyone whose voting and keep voting on tvguide.com on ausiello's poll.. we gotta win that one too!!!

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: