The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:21:42 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730446 times)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #3015 on: April 12, 2007, 03:28:18 pm »

Well, the doorknobs, carpet, and a ton of other things in the Dragonfly had been taken out, and the tour guide had been working there for a number of years, and he said "When the doorknobs, curtains and carpets go, you know its coming to an end. It's sad, but it's time."

I live in Australia, and I came to America with my dad for a conference. Well, he was going to the conference not me. And we went on the Warner Brothers tour. I was so excited to see all the Gilmore Girls stuff, and I actually say Lauren Graham (Lorelai), Scott Patterson (Luke), Yanic Truesdale (Michel), Michael Winters (Taylor Doose), and Liz Torres (Miss Patty). It was fantastic. I was luckily with a tour group (we were on the V.I.P tour) that loved Gilmore Girls. One of the girls, about 21 or so, asked if the show would be continuing to Season Eight. Unfortunately, they're not. Gilmore Girls is finishing up with Season Seven. When we saw the sets, they had already started removing the stuff from the Dragonfly Inn set, and outside Richard and Emilys house, someone had cheekily put a "For Sale" sign. It was super depressing. We actually couldn't go into the main area with the Gazebo because they were filming the last episode for the series. When we asked how long it would take before they finished filming and they started to take down the sets, the tour guide said "Four days."

I vote that we... I don't know, stand outside the WB with pitchforks yelling "GIVE US OUR GIRLS".

Though one of the reasons they're stopping is because apparently, Alexis Bledel AND Lauren Graham don't want to do it anymore. Lauren Graham is going on to shoot Evan Almighty (sequal to Bruce Almighty, we saw the guy who played Evan there too, it was awesome) and Alexis Bledel wants to take more movie roles.

I'm sorry I had to bring this news but I thought you guys had a right to know. You may not believe me, but I'm telling the complete truth.

I found this on a thread that wasn't needed, so I posted it here in case it got deleted.

Wow. I feel so defeated. I don't think we should waste our time on the teavee poll if it restarts every month. Seems kind of futile to me. We NEED to win the TVGuide poll, as well as the USA TODAY poll. They seem VERY important.

You can only save one from the ax. Which one’s it gonna be?  (TVGuide.)
Gilmore Girls

50%

Veronica Mars

49%

DONT stop. It is WAYYYY to close for my liking. Tongue
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 03:36:52 pm by Fantasy » Logged

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3016 on: April 12, 2007, 03:36:50 pm »

Wow. I feel so defeated. I don't think we should waste our time on the teavee poll if it restarts every month. Seems kind of futile to me. We NEED to win the TVGuide poll, as well as the USA TODAY poll. They seem VERY important.
This is hard to handle if it is true Cry, but I will not give up hope until we hear from the CW that the show will not return.  If they were already starting to take down sets, then why don't they just come out and tell us its over.  I still think that negotiations could be taking place... Undecided Yes lets win these polls.  We can still save the show.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 03:38:05 pm by trickyiu » Logged

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3017 on: April 12, 2007, 03:37:43 pm »

Tour guides are just tour guides.

I believe what she was told, but nothing there stands out as a fact that the series is ending.  The dragonfly being taken down?  Sure.  It's a TV lot.  Other things are filmed there.  Lauren DOES want another season according to multiple sources.  The "for sale" sign has been there for a couple weeks.

No reason to feel defeated.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Copperboom88
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

Rory+Jess=Perfection

View Profile
« Reply #3018 on: April 12, 2007, 03:40:15 pm »

I hope the tour giude was wrong. I would hate to feel that all of our hard work and dedication was just for nothing and a pat on the back!  Cry

Copperboom baby!! Smiley

pics by tabbycat!
javajunkie4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #3019 on: April 12, 2007, 03:41:31 pm »

Is the source relaible that is saying all this? They could be trying to make trouble. Its all so confusing because in the Ausiello report he said things were looking up. Don't loose faith guys nothing is for sure until the CW says so. We can't give up now, we have been working hard at this. Keep positive and vote until those fingers ache!

Thanks for the sig Emily!!

Season 8!

Because they haven't had their middle.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3020 on: April 12, 2007, 03:41:36 pm »

Ok that doesn't sound too good, BUT...

..1) didn't somebody discover just yesterday that the CW will give tours of the sets until september as a prize or something?? Not sure if you no what I mean, but it was something about Kirk's tours, a price being given by the CW .. and it did cheer us up, right?

..2) Ausiello mentioned only 2 days ago that "things are looking up" ... and he does seem like a reliable resource, doesn't he?

However, I don't give up until I hear something official .. this isn't the first time that we hear bad news and it won't be the last time. Only 1 more month tops until the decision ... we can make this!

I'm sooo excited about tomorrow and the whole SOS thing at E!Online .. I am so curious to read from Kristin about her further steps Smiley

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #3021 on: April 12, 2007, 03:41:53 pm »

I hope the tour giude was wrong. I would hate to feel that all of our hard work and dedication was just for nothing and a pat on the back!  Cry

Well, Ausiello's last comment was that things are "looking good", or something to that effect.

I guess they just like seeing us Yo-Yo around....

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3022 on: April 12, 2007, 03:46:24 pm »

I need to get off this rollercoaster!! At first I was devasated at that post from that tour, she just went on it 2 days ago... but other people seem to feel its not that crushing... I was under the impression that GG was a permanent set, though...no?

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #3023 on: April 12, 2007, 03:54:48 pm »

I feel like I'm on an emotional rollercoaster. Roll Eyes One minute I'm SURE GG is going to have a season 8  Grin and then the next day I read those stupid Tour Guide gossips or people releasing personal observation statements and I feel sad/discouraged  Undecided Cry. But at this point we have worked way too hard to give up on it now. The only things we can do is keep at it and hope that the people who work with Gilmore Girls know about all the hard efforts we have put into trying to get an 8th season.

I sent my books to Alexis yesterday I was going to send it in today but there were HUGE reports of snow today. But I had a feeling it wasn't going to snow despite what the unreliable wethermen said and I was right. It's been mostly raining and sleeting. Usually I'm very off when it comes to knowing whether it's going to snow or not but this year I seem to be right on the money.

BTW I figured I would let people know that people who weren't sure about sending books to Alexis in support of "First Book" can make donations to the charity via website and send a letter/postcard to Alexis letting her know. The lowest amount is $5.00 for two books and they take Credit Cards and Paypal for payments. This would also be good for those who don't live in the US (all though I'm sure exchange fees need to be added). I was thinking if most of the people here make a donation we can tally the total amount donated and make it an announcement. That way Gilmoregirls.org can make a big impact on the charity Alexis works with. Maybe it could make her more aware of what we fans of Gilmore Girls can do together to make a difference. Cool Ah anyway, so is this a good idea or not?  Huh

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
snicklefritz
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 62

View Profile
« Reply #3024 on: April 12, 2007, 03:58:51 pm »

I wouldn't worry too much about them moving things from the sets... they always do when the show is on hiatus.  For example they take out all of the tables, and chairs, and little extras from lukes diner... during the summer.  The things are property of the WB prop department, this allows WB to rent the stuff to other productions... hope that helps

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3025 on: April 12, 2007, 04:05:35 pm »

Like everyone is saying, I wouldn't worry about them taking things off the set. If it's anything like the One Tree Hill set, which it kind of is, When I went a few days ago there were people taking down things on set to send back to the CW/WB [[whichever one it is haha]] because they are renting it from them and it costs lots of money. And sometimes they are renting stuff from other companies so they have to send it back to them as well.They get it back when they start filming again, they are just saving money. Or they could just be making room for something thats going to film while they are on a break and will put it back up when they start filming again. And if that's the case, I would not worry about it. Just focus on the good things we have been hearing Smiley

-Lauren

edit: haha, this is pretty much what snicklefritz said, whoops! Pleased
« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 04:07:18 pm by Lauren xx 424 » Logged

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3026 on: April 12, 2007, 04:12:28 pm »

Wow!  Over 200 pages!!! Great job everyone! Kepp it up! And don't forget to keep sending letters!!!!!

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #3027 on: April 12, 2007, 04:18:35 pm »

yea guys don't get too worked up about this, and like ppl are saying they take stuff down during the summer and its not a big deal.  And some tour guides seem reliable, but others seem to not know what they are talking about at all.  Lane/Laynie, if they don't even know the characters, I have a feeling that they really aren't "in" with the people making decisions.  Some tour guides are reliable and some have no clue about certain shows.  So just be careful what you believe and take the frustration out on writing more letters!

oh and guys if you watch the directors cut on the cwtv website, it is up for Gilmore Girls and it is so hilarious, and I can't say anything else because people get mad, but the one thing that Lorelai says at the end, i think its her last line, is the funniest thing and "classic" the character she is refering to.  It will bring your spirits up! Tongue

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #3028 on: April 12, 2007, 04:45:03 pm »

Don't worry guys, those tour guides wouldn't be allowed to say anything even if they did know!  And, again they are just tour guides.. they don't know all about anything and even if they did.. they are still negiotating contracts.. its not defeat.. I wouldn't listen to that.. Plus.. it would be nice not to have negative posts on here bringing everyones spirits down.. we only like good, happy, hopeful news!  Grin  So, get to voting.. If you want to vote on teave.com thats great.. but while waiting each 10 min.. vote at Ausiello's poll.. so you can multi-task between polls.. These polls just keep poping up.. more andmore!! hard to keep track.. so many! Im sooo exhausted! lol  Thats crazy that the VM poll went up so fast on tvguide.com and it took us 3 days just to go up 1 or 2%... I don't know about that one..It seems to me that ALOT of VM fans are using the "cheating" method.. but.. thats just my opinion..

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #3029 on: April 12, 2007, 04:46:59 pm »

Has anyone seen anything on eonline yet about the offical winner and all?  I know its us.. but I wanna see it.. and I can't find anything on it.. todays Friday!

Pages: 1 ... 200 201 [202] 203 204 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: