The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 04:30:12 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733742 times)
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2940 on: April 11, 2007, 03:59:22 pm »

wow lauren didnt like the scrip because to many L/L sences. Well thats ok. Shes still friends with scott. im just glad that luke and lorelai might get together.

LOL no guys, Lauren not liking the script had nothing to do with the amount of scenes that Luke and Lorelai had.  This is no where near the truth.  Lauren wanted changes made to the script that had to do with the context of the scenes, and I think her changes had more to do with Lorelai and Emily scenes.  The stuff she wanted changed in the Luke and Lorelai scenes had to do with what happened and not with how long the scenes were or how many.  We are still getting the same amount of L/L scenes that the writers initial intended to have, but Lauren voicing her opinion I think is going to make for a more fulfilling finale.

And yep keep voting!!

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: April 11, 2007, 04:10:48 pm »

Yea what gilmoregirlforever said. Lauren liked the script but there were things that she wanted tweaked slightly. She also didn't ask for fewer LL scenes, she just wanted some of the context and content changed. Smiley

I thought it was cool to hear she put her opinion out there about the script! I bet the script will be even better because of it!!
I wonder if she will get a writers credit for the episode for helping out with that? Huh

Also about the Lauren and Scott rumor, I don't think its true. Someone went to the set recently and asked about it and got this response from the tour guide:

"And because I'm getting rather tired of the rumors, I asked about Lauren and Scott. Apparently the two have been witnessed to get along quite well and are friendly with one another. I'm sticking with that. The press and fans just love to stir up trouble."

and something relating to the topic of this thread was also asked about:

"Spoilers" for Gilmore Girls: So they're not really spoilers, but oh well. I was talking to our tour guide and some other people who work there and they have a feeling they will be having an eighth season of GG, or at least half an eighth season. They did say it was in fact up to Alexis Bledel. I'm still torn on if I want one or not--it all depends on what they do with these last couple of episodes."

Source: kousuke-blade LJ
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 04:14:16 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: April 11, 2007, 04:13:39 pm »

oh some sences she didint like and wanted to change. like sence she has to with scott she felt uncoforitable.
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: April 11, 2007, 04:15:19 pm »

oh some sences she didint like and wanted to change. like sence she has to with scott she felt uncoforitable.

From what I heard, she wanted more "emotion" in a few scenes and that was it.  No mention of being uncomfortable.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: April 11, 2007, 04:21:09 pm »

Guys spoilers Angry I'm spoiler free here and would like to stay that way!!!! I would like to continue coming to this thread but there are so many careless people talking about spoilers! I've been spoiled like 3 times from this thread so please stop! Undecided
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 04:22:17 pm by go_clo » Logged

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: April 11, 2007, 04:28:30 pm »

Guys spoilers Angry I'm spoiler free here and would like to stay that way!!!! I would like to continue coming to this thread but there are so many careless people talking about spoilers! I've been spoiled like 3 times from this thread so please stop! Undecided

I didn't think that what I typed was a spoiler.

?

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: April 11, 2007, 04:30:40 pm »

yeah, sorry but i didnt think they were spoilers Huh
we were just talking about the script getting sent back + what Lauren graham wanted to add to the show..
sorry if you viewed them as a spoiler

sarah =)
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: April 11, 2007, 04:35:49 pm »

What you posted conradv wasn't a spoiler IMO but I'm pretty sure what gilmoregirls1fan posted was.
I said "guys" cause I just wanted to address everyone cause there has been a few people in here who have posted spoilers on more then one occasion, I dont remember who and how many people it was but they did it 2 to 3 times. Undecided

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: April 11, 2007, 04:46:24 pm »

That's good that you can not pay attention to spoilers and don't want to. I wish I could do that! omg I can't resist looking at what is going to happen. I should try that, not looking at any more spoilers for the next five episodes...lol that will never happen, I have no self control over that one.

Errr the Ausiello poll is back to 52% for Gilmore Girls...that's still really good, but we really gotta win this one!

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: April 11, 2007, 04:57:05 pm »

Yea what gilmoregirlforever said. Lauren liked the script but there were things that she wanted tweaked slightly. She also didn't ask for fewer LL scenes, she just wanted some of the context and content changed. Smiley

I thought it was cool to hear she put her opinion out there about the script! I bet the script will be even better because of it!!
I wonder if she will get a writers credit for the episode for helping out with that? Huh

Also about the Lauren and Scott rumor, I don't think its true. Someone went to the set recently and asked about it and got this response from the tour guide:

"And because I'm getting rather tired of the rumors, I asked about Lauren and Scott. Apparently the two have been witnessed to get along quite well and are friendly with one another. I'm sticking with that. The press and fans just love to stir up trouble."

"Spoilers" for Gilmore Girls: So they're not really spoilers, but oh well. I was talking to our tour guide and some other people who work there and they have a feeling they will be having an eighth season of GG, or at least half an eighth season. They did say it was in fact up to Alexis Bledel. I'm still torn on if I want one or not--it all depends on what they do with these last couple of episodes."

Just wanted to agree with everything said here!

So glad to hear about the news in the changing of the script. I also think it's great that Lauren can give some input and actually be listened too. She wasn't able to do that before, was she?

And I don't believe any of those Scott and Lauren stories. I think they get along just fine. Smiley

Ok, getting ready to sign up to help out with the voting! Smiley
AlexisFan
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: April 11, 2007, 05:35:05 pm »

hey guys, we need a lot of voters over here at Teavee.com.. we need your help, this is a poll that could really help us!

well back to voting!

Please come! Smiley
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2951 on: April 11, 2007, 06:13:25 pm »

Hey mandaters, I havent been on in a while, and I'm loving all the good news we are getting, I was starting to get seriously discouraged there for a while! Things are looking up! But I was wondering if someone could post the links to all the places that we are voting now. That would be superrr awesome! Smiley

And does anyone know if Heidi has already sent the new book of our drawings and stuff out to Lauren or Alexis??? If she has thats alright, I can just send the drawings off to Lauren and Alexis along with another letter to each of them: Pleased

Lauren Grin

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: April 11, 2007, 06:13:46 pm »

Yep, COME ON DOWN! we're having a party over at teavee.com, come join us!!!!

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: April 11, 2007, 06:15:36 pm »

We're voting here right now http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/
Just sign up and vote every 10 min there, while waiting, we chat on posts and vote at tvguide.com at this link...http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

And we won the eonline poll!!!

go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: April 11, 2007, 06:28:59 pm »

That's good that you can not pay attention to spoilers and don't want to. I wish I could do that! omg I can't resist looking at what is going to happen. I should try that, not looking at any more spoilers for the next five episodes...lol that will never happen, I have no self control over that one.

Errr the Ausiello poll is back to 52% for Gilmore Girls...that's still really good, but we really gotta win this one!

I'm kinda weird, I almost NEVER get any temptation to look at spoiler pages. I dont really know why either, maybe because I wasn't that involved with them before I started being SF last year. I use to read them but not really care about them! I think I only went to spoilerfix.com like twice and the second time, I was so mad at myself cause I read about Lukes daughter and then I knew for sure I wanted to be spoiler free. I'm very strict about it now, I won't even read titles of upcoming episodes and I wont watch promos. I've been spoiled on pretty much everything coming up though because I've been so careless when it came to news due to wanting to know new news about S8 so badly, I end up going into an article to read S8 stuff and accidentally read spoilers I didn't know were there! Half of the things I've been spoiled on was from articles I read with S8 rumors in them and the rest of the time, I was spoiled by this thread/board. Big spoilers too so thats why I'm ticked that people continue to do it dispite the warnings. I know enough and I don't want to be spoiled on more especially if this is the last (which it won't be!!!!!!!) Cry

Is there an end date to this Ausiello poll?

Just wanted to agree with everything said here!

So glad to hear about the news in the changing of the script. I also think it's great that Lauren can give some input and actually be listened too. She wasn't able to do that before, was she?

I don't think she was really listened to before when ASP was writing the show. I remember hearing that her and ASP got into a fight because she absolutely hated the idea of Lorelai and Rory fighting last season. *hugs Lauren because of it Grin *

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: