The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 04:43:22 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733805 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2895 on: April 10, 2007, 07:36:47 pm »

aseasonofhope WOW! That's awesome! I'm headed over there right now! I haven't been to the CW site for about a week now...thanks for posting that information! I'm not too sure about signing up to win the trip, but it's good to know that there's hope! Every bit helps...even if we read a bit into it, right? Smiley (Totally, not saying that's what's going on in this situation!) I find myself, that I read something and get super excited, then realizing that I may have read into it too much! Tongue I hope that the person who does win, enjoys their trip! There's just so many wonderful dedicated Gilmore Girls fans out there...

I know if I were the star of a huge successful show and thousands of people supported me and wrote to me and shared their personal thoughts with me, that I'd sign that dotted line so fast, people's heads would be spinning! ha! I know that there's probably a lot more to think about when deciding to sign on for another contract but, I struggle with what could be so hard about knowing that there's adoring fans out there that love your work...and it's so much more than just a show to so many! I would take it as a great compliment! I'm sure that Lauren and Alexis must have other options out there and are probably weighing all the options out, perhaps making a pro/ con list...but that's good, everyone should do that. It's only healthy...but I do hope that the pros come out in our favor!! Smiley I'd imagine that people would be banging down their doors, but hopefully, those people will work with them so they can continue GG!

Sorry for rambling on...just couldn't stop I guess! Keep up the mandating! It's so awesome to see so many people come together to support a common goal! Keep those letters coming and spread the word!

Stay strong!
~M xox

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: April 10, 2007, 08:06:38 pm »

Sooks, you're right, i bet they do have other options. but i know that i love alexis bledel AS rory, yes, she's a great actress and i've seen her movies, etc, but i think with all hte support backing season 8, if we aren't given it, i dont think i could support her as much as i do. I feel like the point of being an actress is to please the viewers, to take in consideration of what her fans who have backed her up for so many years would want of her.  I know she has to do what's right for her, but i think watching her as someone other than Rory Gilmore would bring about some pain that i just wouldn't want to deal with. Hopefully we get what we want and get rory back, otherwise, i feel her fan support may lessen more than just by me.

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: April 10, 2007, 08:14:13 pm »

Oh my god.
TOTALLY right about the sweepstakes thing!
Weee hope!
Don't give hope up.
Because: Lauren needs to win a freaking emmy before this show ends!
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: April 10, 2007, 08:19:56 pm »

The town tours are great, Kirk is hysterical.  I think the grand prize being a trip to the set is a good sign too!! Good eye Smiley
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: April 10, 2007, 08:23:34 pm »

You never know even IF the show doesn't have an 8th season I don't think they could bare to tear the whole set down it's too much of a tourist attraction. Just wanna throw that in, I'm very hopeful it's true this is a good sign.

You're right Gilmore_Lover Lauren Graham totally deserves an Emmy ESPECIALLY with tonight's episode with Chris on the couch she totally blew most of us away even people who hate Christopher.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: April 10, 2007, 08:35:41 pm »

Great job on the TV Guide Poll guys. We're at 53%!

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2901 on: April 10, 2007, 08:49:00 pm »

btw I forgot to ask this a few pages back when Rob mentioned this in one of his posts. You said Kristen was banned from the GG set? Shocked Can you enlighten me on this? Cause I didn't hear about it at all!

Thanks for the help of Gilmore Girls fans here, Gilmore Girls has moved up 5 spots in the teavee.com poll from #25 yesterday to #20 today!!  We can make it to the top 10 at least by the end of the month, if not higher!!  Every vote counts!! 

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show here!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

5 spots? Shocked Way to go guys!!!! I'm so proud of you all!
I've been taking a break from voting since the E! poll cause that had me up all night and day the last night of voting plus it kept me occupied for many hours all week before and my fingers are still numb so I haven't had a chance to vote, I'm also too lazy to sign up but I plan on taking part in this poll soon along with the others posted!!!

Lets win every poll possible!!! That should definately get the word around and get some heads turning more then they already are!!! Grin Grin

Thanks!!  The poll at teavee.com seems tedious in the beginning, but once you've set up your account, you get the hang of it.  You get to vote every 10 minutes (so you can vote in between surfing the net here at the org) for 30 seconds-- about 9-10 votes max, but with two computers, you can even have up to 16-17 votes a round! The more voters we have the faster we get higher in the ranks!  The other shows at #1 and #2 have a lot of their fans voting for their show there; we can show up in droves as well and give them a run for their money Smiley

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show here!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: April 10, 2007, 09:16:53 pm »

I just did a few rounds.. its nice to have 10 min in between sometimes, so our finger don't go numb.. BUT during those 10 min, im voting at tvguide.com lol.. its a vicious circle..  Cheesy  Well.. I think we should have a time set in which a bunch of people sign up for a certain time or something and all go over to teavee.com and vote continusly, b/c we can post to eachother there also.. Only 600 votes until we move up another spot.. all of us together, could get that done in two 10 min sessions or maybe 1? hehe..  Dance

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: April 10, 2007, 09:18:38 pm »

So how many have sent their books for sure? I hope its a really good amount, so they get absolutely blown away with all the packages arriving! Grin

gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2904 on: April 10, 2007, 09:25:09 pm »

I just did a few rounds.. its nice to have 10 min in between sometimes, so our finger don't go numb.. BUT during those 10 min, im voting at tvguide.com lol.. its a vicious circle.. Cheesy Well.. I think we should have a time set in which a bunch of people sign up for a certain time or something and all go over to teavee.com and vote continusly, b/c we can post to eachother there also.. Only 600 votes until we move up another spot.. all of us together, could get that done in two 10 min sessions or maybe 1? hehe.. Dance

Great suggestion StillStanding!!  We can encourage everyone to vote when their online; the 10 minute wait in between votes is ideal for doing chores in between votes Smiley Once you get the hang of it, you can even vote all day when at home and you don't even feel like you're chained on your computer because there's an interval between voting periods.  And the voting goes on until the end of the month, so we have plenty of time for voting!!

emma_is
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: April 10, 2007, 09:32:10 pm »

Question: OMG, is the CW ever going to tell us if the Gilmore Girls is ending? What in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks is going on over there? Rebecca
Ausiello: Turns out, there's no huge rush to make a decision. I'm told Episode 22 can serve as either a series or a season finale. So, theoretically, they can continue negotiating with Lauren and Alexis right up until the CW upfront on May 17. That said, I hear things are looking up.

]]http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: April 10, 2007, 10:13:31 pm »

OMG he actually said things are looking up? Shocked He never says that so that gives me hope!!! Grin
It makes me nervous though that we could possibly be watching the series finale *knocks on wood desk* and may not even know it! Undecided I have faith though!

stillstanding, I like your idea for voting sessions! Smiley I think we should actually do that with all the polls, putting the polls with time limits on the priority list of course! It seemed very affective with the E! poll!! We can win every poll that way!!!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
TaggingPrincess
« Reply #2907 on: April 10, 2007, 10:39:33 pm »

I hadn't been in the forum for a while now, but I just had to do my part to try and save the show. I've been voting everywhere and as often as I possibly can. (Don't care if I get carpal tunnel, lol!)  I just don't see me NOT being able to watch the show, and I think you can all relate. Keep on voting...don't give up!

Hugs, Alma
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: April 10, 2007, 11:24:15 pm »

Question: OMG, is the CW ever going to tell us if the Gilmore Girls is ending? What in the H-E-double-hockey-sticks is going on over there? Rebecca
Ausiello: Turns out, there's no huge rush to make a decision. I'm told Episode 22 can serve as either a series or a season finale. So, theoretically, they can continue negotiating with Lauren and Alexis right up until the CW upfront on May 17. That said, I hear things are looking up.

]]http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ask-Ausiello/default.aspx

My guess:  The SOS win wore somebody down?  I'm a'gonna go with Lauren (and not just 'cause I'd a'go with Lauren anywhere Smitten  BID.)  I just have the feeling that if things are looking up for the future of the show again, then whatever it is, it has to do with Lauren staying with the show.  Even if it's that Alexis was finally worn down to stay with the show.   Tongue

-- Rob

--------------------------
Season 8:  Because I'm exactly like Lorelai -- shy, panic-attack-level anxious, hypercaffeinated, and pop-culture addled -- if she weren't hot and an inch taller than me and if, like, I weren't male.
lisa00
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: April 11, 2007, 12:43:29 am »

Does anyone know how much longer we have to post our pic's for the album?
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: