The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 07:50:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734415 times)
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #2880 on: April 10, 2007, 04:21:22 pm »

nice job on those car pictures Cheesy

sarah =)
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2881 on: April 10, 2007, 04:39:29 pm »

Well I wrote this in the CW forum but I thought I should quote it here...

We won the E! Poll a lot of people were stating how the results won't have any effect whatsoever it made me upset so I wrote this...

"The more exposure and call to arms on the need for an 8th season, the better. The E! vote might not help but it couldn't hurt. Maybe they can think of a solution on how to juggle Alexis's newest aspirations to her old ones. They can report to her as well as others who work on the show how hard dedicated fans have been working to fight for an 8th season (specifically the Great8Mandate). So don't say this victory doesn't mean anything. At the very least it reflects how much fans banned together and worked to win the poll against all the other CW shows. Team work is the key and it's something the people who work in GG need to keep in mind. When we work together we can accomplish so many remarkable things"

High Five

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2882 on: April 10, 2007, 04:50:56 pm »

The eonline vote does help.. in history 4 outta 5 shows that won that poll have come back for another season.. Kristin uses her influences and contacts the CW higher ups personally and the writers and directors of GG.. thats what it said at the beginning of the voting thing.. when it started.. but anyways.. we keep finding more polls LoL.. we have to win them all!!!!  yay!!  I love all the pictures.. and I worked day and night to get that ausiello % higher up.. Everyone working today really made a good difference.. good work team!  the teavee poll is a little frustrating, but the about.com poll we can win that easy.. OTH and supernatural have nothing on us!  I am so happy Kristin finally put the true results up for the poll tho.. Im so relieved!  We can finally say for sure, WE WON!!!!!!  We will conquer them all until we get our season 8!  If this doesn't get our season 8, then it was doomed from the beginning.. so.. we got a REALLY GOOD CHANCE!  My thought is that they were planning to come back all along, they just wanted to see how many dedicated fans would do all this for them to get ratings up.. thats what i think  Grin 

Also... on about.com.. we are on the list for a pretty good chance for renewal.. and VM is on the doomed list   Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:57:49 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2883 on: April 10, 2007, 04:52:25 pm »

The eonline vote does help.. in history 4 outta 5 shows that won that poll have come back for another season.. Kristin uses her influences and contacts the CW higher ups personally and the writers and directors of GG.. thats what it said at the beginning of the voting thing.. when it started.. but anyways.. we keep finding more polls LoL.. we have to win them all!!!!  yay!!  I love all the pictures.. and I worked day and night to get that ausiello % higher up.. Everyone working today really made a good difference.. good work team!  the teavee poll is a little frustrating, but the about.com poll we can win that easy.. OTH and supernatural have nothing on us!  I am so happy Kristin finally put the true results up for the poll tho.. Im so relieved!  We can finally say for sure, WE WON!!!!!!  We will conquer them all until we get our season 8!  If this doesn't get our season 8, then it was doomed from the beginning.. so.. we got a REALLY GOOD CHANCE!  My thought is that they were planning to come back all along, they just wanted to see how many dedicated fans would do all this for them to get ratings up.. thats what i think  Grin 

I didn't know Kristin before the poll, but I read a few times that she doesn't like the Gilmore Girls.  How hard will she really work to keep it on the air?

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2884 on: April 10, 2007, 04:58:55 pm »

She'll have to.. maybe we can give her some help and write letters that she can give to whoever.. and we can tell her what we want her to say  Tongue  We won, she'll have to suck it up.. it doesn't matter if she likes GG or not.. she did the poll.. she needs to stand by what she said she would do

Also, on another note.. if we wanna win the about.com poll also.. we should have voting sessions soon again.. b/c we need over 3000 votes to get to first.. and the ONLY way to vote on this one is to vote, X out the site and open it up again.. so.. it'll be a lil slower..
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 05:01:40 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #2885 on: April 10, 2007, 05:54:50 pm »

Also, on another note.. if we wanna win the about.com poll also.. we should have voting sessions soon again.. b/c we need over 3000 votes to get to first.. and the ONLY way to vote on this one is to vote, X out the site and open it up again.. so.. it'll be a lil slower..
I tried to X out the window and vote again, but it said that I already voted, then went to the results.  I tried resetting my cookies and everything but it still doesnt' count my vote more than once, blehhh!!
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2886 on: April 10, 2007, 05:57:02 pm »

I tried to X out the window and vote again, but it said that I already voted, then went to the results.  I tried resetting my cookies and everything but it still doesnt' count my vote more than once, blehhh!!

I was able to vote again, but only after I waited a few hours.

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2887 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:41 pm »

Keep up the great Mandating everyone!! Love the pics! Very creative! It's very evident that people are really giving of themselves to keep on mandating! And there's no question as to the dedication that Gilmore Girls fans seem to have! It's awesome, isn't it? Keep up the hard work! Smiley

Let's not forget about continuing to write letters! It's something that we know will go directly to who we send them to and will be straight from us, as individuals! Perhaps they aren't all reading them but at least we know that we tried and that wasn't a poll set up online somewhere. Not that the polls are good and it's nice to see something tangible that we have many supporters of the Gilmore Girls...but one can never know how much those polls really effect anything, if they do at all. However, the letters we know will get to the person(s) we send them to and add a personal touch as well! Keep on writing and write and write and write!!

Star Star Heidi hasn't said to stop sending photos so keep those coming too! And keep researching for more creative ways to reach the cast and crew. Though it seems more as though it's really ultimately in Lauren and Alexis' hands right now! We can't stop now...we've been working so hard! Keep your heads held high! Stay strong! There's no way that anyone will say we didn't give it our all!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:02:00 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2888 on: April 10, 2007, 06:23:35 pm »

Hey Sooks.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2889 on: April 10, 2007, 06:58:05 pm »

Are we going to be mailing the other albums like today, because i heard that they are going to be done filming tomorrow~~

Ugh that last part of your sentence scares me. I think we will get another season, I truely do but to think, if we don't get another, tomorrow will be the last time they ever film! Undecided Cry

I'm sorry, reality hit me, I'm back! Lets keep fighting guys!!!! Grin Cheesy

I didn't know Kristin before the poll, but I read a few times that she doesn't like the Gilmore Girls.  How hard will she really work to keep it on the air?

Really?! I thought she liked the show Shocked Well if she doesn't, she better not let that personal vandeta she might have get in the way of helping save the show! I will be soooo mad! I'll hate her forever!! Angry
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 06:59:54 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2890 on: April 10, 2007, 06:58:51 pm »

Omg I am sooo excited we are in lead for the tvguide poll by 5% yay!!! Smiley
gg4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 4

I Heart Rory

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2891 on: April 10, 2007, 07:07:31 pm »

Thanks for the help of Gilmore Girls fans here, Gilmore Girls has moved up 5 spots in the teavee.com poll from #25 yesterday to #20 today!!  We can make it to the top 10 at least by the end of the month, if not higher!!  Every vote counts!! 

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show here!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2892 on: April 10, 2007, 07:07:56 pm »

btw I forgot to ask this a few pages back when Rob mentioned this in one of his posts. You said Kristen was banned from the GG set? Shocked Can you enlighten me on this? Cause I didn't hear about it at all!

Thanks for the help of Gilmore Girls fans here, Gilmore Girls has moved up 5 spots in the teavee.com poll from #25 yesterday to #20 today!!  We can make it to the top 10 at least by the end of the month, if not higher!!  Every vote counts!! 

Vote for Gilmore Girls as your favorite TV show here!!  http://www.teavee.com/gilmoregirls/

5 spots? Shocked Way to go guys!!!! I'm so proud of you all!
I've been taking a break from voting since the E! poll cause that had me up all night and day the last night of voting plus it kept me occupied for many hours all week before and my fingers are still numb so I haven't had a chance to vote, I'm also too lazy to sign up but I plan on taking part in this poll soon along with the others posted!!!

Lets win every poll possible!!! That should definately get the word around and get some heads turning more then they already are!!! Grin Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 07:12:15 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
asense0fhope
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 0

WE WONT GIVE IN TIL WE SEE A WEDDING!

View Profile
« Reply #2893 on: April 10, 2007, 07:22:37 pm »

i emailed Heidi a few days ago. not sure if it got to her though.  Just thought i'd bring it up just to give us all a little more hope =D

i was at the cw site taking the Kirk town tour =D (i believe luke's diner was put up tonight! i'm about to go check though). While i did this, the stupid banner for mastercard kept distracting me until i had enough to finally click on it and sign up to win a trip to La. Now i understand the odds of me winning are about, 1 in a billion, but i proceeded anyway, and because i was bored, continued to read the details of what the winner would get/do.  Apparently the winner gets to go on the set of GG sometime between the dates of September 3, and November 30 (if i'm not mistaken).

THIS MAKES ME THINK THEY'RE WILL BE AN 8TH SEASON. who wants to go visit a set that no longer exists? No one. and i'm sure they wouldn't be keeping the set simply for one person.

Hopefully i'm correct on this, hopefully i didn't read wrong, and either way, hopefully this gives us all a little hope. =D

OY WITH THE POODLES ALREADY!
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2894 on: April 10, 2007, 07:29:19 pm »

no you didn;t read it wrong, many of us already noticed that and it brought about great hope!  its good news they may have not expected people to pick up on  Tongue

Pages: 1 ... 191 192 [193] 194 195 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: