The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 01:34:07 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762700 times)
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2835 on: April 09, 2007, 10:10:02 pm »

Hey, we're at 50% on the TV Guide Poll!!! Keep it up and we'll win this one too! I'm voting like crazy and I've sent my letters in months ago I just wander if they got them and read them or not.

I hope with all my heart that Alexis will agree to the 8th season while in the meantime prepares herself to transition from actress to model. One more year of waiting to be a model shouldn't make a difference as long as she uses that time to gets prepared for it. It's probably best for her to ease back into modeling rather than jumping right in. I think I'm just as concerned about her regretting things and getting hurt in the business of modeling as I am with an 8th season. It's making me awfully confused.  Huh  Roll Eyes

BTW Gilmore_Lover I would lock that pic up in a safe if I was you just in case any Al Capones are lurking around  Cheesy Really very few people can emit so much spirit through photos like Lauren Graham can.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: April 09, 2007, 11:04:01 pm »

Ah Gilmore_Lover jeeeealous!! Cheesy You are so lucky you got to meet Lauren Graham!!!!! She looks like such a nice person! Do you know what episode # was being filmed that day? Smiley

If we did, in fact, win the SOS, here's Kristin's info on what's going on:

"Kevin in Chicago: Kristin, why must you wait a week to tell us who wins SOS? Is it just to cause us pain?
Yes. Mwah-ha-ha-ha. No, in all seriousness, I swear, it is not a diabolical plan to stress you guys out. It's just that we need the time to pull together reactions from the shows in question, sort through the fan video submissions and put it all together in a big, shiny, show-saving package. It will come out this Friday, so sit tight!"

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=c9cabfa1-d4b5-4c77-8021-76658c215965

Thanks for bringing that over Catie! I was dieing to know cause I was seriously starting to question Kristens intentions on making us wait a week lol Cheesy

So I guess nothing is final, I doubt they would show us fake results though unless they were put up accident Undecided I found this in the SOS article though so I don't think it was an accident:

2. Check back next Friday to see current voting rankings. (We've added in this step for all you overanxious souls!)

I think by "Next Friday" they ment the friday voting ended which means we were warned ahead of time that we would see some results, non of us noticed though I guess Embarrassed

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: April 09, 2007, 11:15:38 pm »

How did you get to meet her?  That's awesome!  great pic for the package!  ... the voting thing at the teavee thing is annoying.. you gotta wait so long just to click vote.. grr... and.. "shutuprob" I read your post on sos results on kristin's page..i love your big long letters.. you make everyone else just shut right up and listen, its great!  you always make the best points about things.. I don't think we have anything to worry about with the poll.. dranna said no votes counted after midnight and no one else is voting, everyone on the blog said they all stopped voting.. so.. our % is the winner!  and we're back to winning to tvguide poll.. at 50%.. keep up the good work.. we'll win every poll if we can.. whatever we find.. the more the better!  Yeah 24th is pretty embarrasing.. but we didn;'t know about this poll!  it's gonna take a LONG time to get to 1st.. did you see how many VM fans voted in the last 24 hours and the last 10 min?  alot.. and it still says they are 13000 votes away from 1st place...  Undecided

Stillstanding, thanks for the kind words.  I know several of the posters to E!'s SOS results thread from when I was a Row 1 Regular at Kristin's old Monday afternoon chats, so I felt quite let down by their reaction to Gg winning -- especially when one of them revealed that they'd been debating whether or not Gg should have been on the ballot at all.  They seem to think that the contest is about nothing more than what show has the suckiest ratings out of a misguided feeling that the show with the suckiest ratings is the one most worthy of saving or otherwise benefiting from winning th contest.  I wish I had been just a little bit more specific in my reason about why they're wrong:  namely, that if the contest were simply about which show had the suckiest ratings, then not even Veronica Mars would have qualified as the winner -- all Kristin would have had to do was look at the cumulative Nielsen ratings for the year and just give it to, oh, Runaway -- and that wouldn't have helped the show one bit, considering that it was shut down after two episodes and its actors have been spread to the four winds, released from their contracts.   Roll Eyes   I guess they really got my ire up (I'm 25% Irish -- must go with my 25% (not Luke Danes) Danish   Cheesy

Clearly, Kristin defined the eligibility to be on the ballot more broadly than the E! regulars thought it should be.  They were wrong, of course, and their allegations of cheating by us Gg folks was just as wrong.  As we all know from posts at other MBs that sneaky Ggers posted here, we know that the other fandoms were using the same tactics that we were (disabling the cookies to vote numerous times).  I had actually initially written to Kristin in protest because I believe in the principal of one person, one vote, but since the loophole was never corrected, it *became* an implicit rule of the contest, suggesting that Kristin had no intention of "fixing" the loophole.  So I voted about 300 times total before my eyes gave out from staring at the screen and doing the repetetive task for so long.  Not to mention that if we were "cheating" and we know that they were using the same tactics, that they were just as "gulity" of "cheating" as we were.  So none of it really can IMO be construed as cheating in any way, shape or form.  And statistically, the results bear it out.  It's not a case of a popularity contest or anything -- it's reflective statistically of the self-selecting group of the fanbases for the various shows who were all abiding by the same rules of ballot stuffing, which was more akin, IMO, to that old Carny attraction of squirting water at a target to make the little horsey move the fastest.  We simply used more water faster and more accurately than any other fandom did using the exact same type of squirt gun that they used.

Gilmorelover -- I love the shot of you and Lauren -- great picture!  I take it that you took the 4-hour VIP tour?  I'm hoping to take the tour on the last leg of my vacation in late July after Comic-Con in San Diego, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the show goes on to s8.  The TCAs will be over by then, so I think they should start filming that week.  Oh, and speaking as a 36-year-old guy (a Kirk who looks a bit like a Roone with less squinty eyes), that Lauren had to crouch and, err, show decolletage made me very happy (Dirty!)  Smitten  And come to think of it, I totally loved her peach-colored dress (or was it pink?  That you and Lauren were in the shadow of the gazebo makes it hard to tell) and think that it's really, really funny that a "Spring" like Lauren is supposed to have a fixation with winter on the show.  Smitten Smitten Smitten

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because the 4-hour VIP tours look like they rock when Lauren is around.  Smitten
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:18:54 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Poppinella
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: April 10, 2007, 12:36:13 am »

EDIT:::How to Vote (Because I found it very tricky. And some other infortmation about it.)

How do I vote?
Find the item you want to vote for and wait for the voting window to open. You'll see a # of seconds count down on one of the buttons. When it gets to 0 that button will change to the vote button. Then it's time to vote!

What will happen to the winners of this poll?
Teavee and Moosak are serious polls with the goal of getting the attention of TV and music executives. The other polls are just for fun.

Ok, so now I've voted! I agree with you, it was a little tricky. Do you know if you can vote several times? I think I voted three times (by mistake, but if it's allowed I can vote a hundred more!!!)
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: April 10, 2007, 04:51:51 am »

here is my photo for the compaign, i hope it's okay and it is helpful. or is it too late?

i thought i should put both flags into the pic because it shows, that the girls have also fans in other countries
and they want another season too
i also thought the gg-stuff presents how obsessed i am with the show ^^
i sent 4 or 5 mails to the adresses listed at the first page  Smiley

BTW: now we are at 51% and VM at 48% - Grin
« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 04:59:58 am by Chrissi » Logged

...angel without wings
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2840 on: April 10, 2007, 04:56:35 am »

I love your picture - you sure have lots of stuff about Gilmore Girls Smiley

I had the same idea about the flag - I also included the Austrian flag in my picture .. and there are more pictures with different flags - that's really great to see that people from all over the world are here to support the show!!

Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: April 10, 2007, 05:01:30 am »

thanks, i'm glad you like it  Smiley
it took quite a while to put it in this order and my computer
broke down a few times...this morning i couldn't get on the internet...
wow there was a lot of trouble but now it's done

...angel without wings
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: April 10, 2007, 06:10:29 am »

We're now at 52% on tvguide poll..  Grin

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: April 10, 2007, 08:40:35 am »

Clearly, Kristin defined the eligibility to be on the ballot more broadly than the E! regulars thought it should be.  They were wrong, of course, and their allegations of cheating by us Gg folks was just as wrong.  As we all know from posts at other MBs that sneaky Ggers posted here, we know that the other fandoms were using the same tactics that we were (disabling the cookies to vote numerous times).  I had actually initially written to Kristin in protest because I believe in the principal of one person, one vote, but since the loophole was never corrected, it *became* an implicit rule of the contest, suggesting that Kristin had no intention of "fixing" the loophole.  So I voted about 300 times total before my eyes gave out from staring at the screen and doing the repetetive task for so long.  Not to mention that if we were "cheating" and we know that they were using the same tactics, that they were just as "gulity" of "cheating" as we were.  So none of it really can IMO be construed as cheating in any way, shape or form.  And statistically, the results bear it out.  It's not a case of a popularity contest or anything -- it's reflective statistically of the self-selecting group of the fanbases for the various shows who were all abiding by the same rules of ballot stuffing, which was more akin, IMO, to that old Carny attraction of squirting water at a target to make the little horsey move the fastest.  We simply used more water faster and more accurately than any other fandom did using the exact same type of squirt gun that they used.

I also wrote to Kristin asking about it, but never got an reply.  I posted as such on the E! board and was pretty much blasted.... lol

Gilmorelover -- I love the shot of you and Lauren -- great picture!  I take it that you took the 4-hour VIP tour?  I'm hoping to take the tour on the last leg of my vacation in late July after Comic-Con in San Diego, so I'm really keeping my fingers crossed that the show goes on to s8.  The TCAs will be over by then, so I think they should start filming that week.  Oh, and speaking as a 36-year-old guy (a Kirk who looks a bit like a Roone with less squinty eyes), that Lauren had to crouch and, err, show decolletage made me very happy (Dirty!)  Smitten  And come to think of it, I totally loved her peach-colored dress (or was it pink?  That you and Lauren were in the shadow of the gazebo makes it hard to tell) and think that it's really, really funny that a "Spring" like Lauren is supposed to have a fixation with winter on the show.  Smitten Smitten Smitten

-- Rob

I don't recall the color of that dress.  I went and looked at it again, but once I started typing again, I forgot the color again.  I need to go look again.....   Smitten

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2844 on: April 10, 2007, 09:21:27 am »

I have a question is this poll still going on (I thought it ended on friday but I just voted again)

http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

My New Website
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2845 on: April 10, 2007, 09:36:29 am »

I have a question is this poll still going on (I thought it ended on friday but I just voted again)

http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

No, you can definitely stop voting on this poll. Anna Graham - working for E!Online - posted that NO votes count after midnight of April, 6th ... I know, it's confusing that the poll is still there, but I just think it was the fastest way to cover the results (and to confuse all the visitors lol)

PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2846 on: April 10, 2007, 09:39:54 am »

hehehe.  I was so surprise cause it is still on th board index and I was just like well maybe I should try clicking on it and the poll was still there

My New Website
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2847 on: April 10, 2007, 10:47:13 am »

The boards are slow today.... what are people doing in the world of mandating?

Sooks, I grabbed one of your sigs- I love it! Thanks!

I sent some books to Alexis today; hopefully she doesn't think I'm a nut.

I can't wait to put my kids to bed early tonight and watch tonights epi, yes, even though its a rerun.  Grin

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: April 10, 2007, 11:09:51 am »

I sent Alexis a letter today, I'm hoping it will reach her before the show stops filming for the year.  Smiley
Chrissi
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: April 10, 2007, 11:14:10 am »

a few minutes ago my sister and i finished this "picture" in front of our house.
we drew it with chalk.

hope you like it and it is helpful (it took us ages and our hands hurt now  Smiley)

...angel without wings
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: