The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 12:25:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733016 times)
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2790 on: April 09, 2007, 09:53:33 am »

Okay, first off ggrox and LoganNRory4ever I love your sigs. *Prettystick* to both of you!

Secondly: WE ARE FORGETTING OUR FIRST AND PROBABLY BEST RECOURCE. WE MUST KEEP SENDING LETTERS. SNAIL MAIL, E-MAIL, CARRIER PIGEON (SP?) ANYTHING. MANY PEOPLE INCLUDING MYSELF (AND HEIDI IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN) AGREE THAT THIS IS PROBABLY THE MOST AFFECTIVE WAY TO GET TO THEM. GO TO THE FIRST PAGE OF THE THREAD FOR ADDRESSES. VOTING IS GREAT, BUT WE NEED TO GET A MOVE ON WITH MORE LETTERS!!!!

SEASON 8 OR BUST!!!!!!!

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: April 09, 2007, 10:21:15 am »

^ oh i thought she sent them last week. did she reset the date? i already sent mine like last tuesday, i was just wondering

Yeah, she did send one last week - I think there had been over 50 pictures .. but as many people couldn't manage to send in the picture sooner, she decided to make another one  Wink

that was her post from April, 5th:
"Tomorrow's book will be sent to Lauren.  The books for next will be shipped via overnight mail on Tuesday or Wednesday, so they'll arrive Wednesday or Thursday"

k thanks!!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: April 09, 2007, 10:24:05 am »

Everyone take a little time and read the article I posted to the News section: Chicago Tribune "The Watcher" blog

Then go post to her blog with a well thought out post.  She makes a few valid points in her article, but she's giving up WAY too easy here.

So go check it out.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2793 on: April 09, 2007, 11:08:58 am »

She does make good points, but I still whole-heartedly believe in Season 8.  A few of the comments brought up the idea of the season finale (or maybe an episode soon) being one where Lorelai wakes up and all of season 7 has been a dream a la Dallas. (dating myself here) I LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEE this idea. Let's face it; DR really botched things in the beginning of s7, no thanks to ASP painting the story into a corner- and this would solve a lot of problems. Maybe its too cheesy Huh But I just feel like things happened that just should've never happened to these characters. Anywho, I had never considered that, and I think its an easy way out Wink Regardless, we need a season 8!!! I still can't believe the number of people who flat out stopped watching the show because of how the story developed or the changing of leadership; sure things were bumpy, but I still have to see what my girls go through!

I wish I could contact Lauren Graham through email... my printer just broke, which is really putting a damper on my snail mail abilities...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2794 on: April 09, 2007, 11:10:51 am »

Everyone take a little time and read the article I posted to the News section: Chicago Tribune "The Watcher" blog

Then go post to her blog with a well thought out post.  She makes a few valid points in her article, but she's giving up WAY too easy here.

So go check it out.

Argh I had a big nice post and the website messed up.  I am going to write out a new one in word to make sure I don't loose it

My New Website
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: April 09, 2007, 11:11:59 am »

So go check it out.

Argh I had a big nice post and the website messed up.  I am going to write out a new one in word to make sure I don't loose it

It takes about 1/2 hour before your post will be posted. They review them.

PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2796 on: April 09, 2007, 11:15:45 am »

Oh maybe thats what happened.  I got this 404 error on my firefox browser when I tried to submit.  I will continue to work on the new response and wait to see if the old response comes out

My New Website
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: April 09, 2007, 11:22:09 am »

^ oh i thought she sent them last week. did she reset the date? i already sent mine like last tuesday, i was just wondering

Yeah, she did send one last week - I think there had been over 50 pictures .. but as many people couldn't manage to send in the picture sooner, she decided to make another one  Wink

"Tomorrow's book will be sent to Lauren.  The books for next will be shipped via overnight mail on Tuesday or Wednesday, so they'll arrive Wednesday or Thursday"

what is this?
they made a picture book for lauren?? is it over!? i would of liked to of been a part of it Sad i didnt even know about it until i saw this post today.. please PM me about this because if they are making another/havent sent it yet i would like to do a picture Smiley is it any picture? where are the details about this? thanks guys Smiley

sarah =)
divine
Town Resident

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2798 on: April 09, 2007, 11:54:13 am »

what is this?
they made a picture book for lauren?? is it over!? i would of liked to of been a part of it Sad i didnt even know about it until i saw this post today.. please PM me about this because if they are making another/havent sent it yet i would like to do a picture Smiley is it any picture? where are the details about this? thanks guys Smiley

Ok, I will try to fill you in Wink
I think it was about 2-3 weeks ago when we started the photo campaign. But don't worry, you can still participate, because I wrote in my previous post, the second book will be sent on Tuesday or Wednesday.
In this campaign, you should take a photo which shows how you feel about Season 8 (and/or GG) and how you want to support it. Unfortunately I don't know on which page we started the campaign, but there can find the whole instructions as well as all the pictures which have been posted so far (I'd say it was about page 90?)
So, if you have a camera, take a picture and if you want to, share the pic with us .. if you don't want to upload the pic, just send it to [email protected]

.. as for the book thing. I think we still should go with this. I am sure there are more charities which would love to receive many used books. And even if Alexis doesn't donate them (which I personally don't think), we showed her that we really care and are interested in her too, not only Rory. What do you think, should we still go with book-sending-campaign?

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: April 09, 2007, 12:00:41 pm »

^
oh thank you thank you!
im deffinatly going to perticipate Cheesy
+ pretty stick to you for helping me Smiley im in a good mood Tongue

sarah =)
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: April 09, 2007, 01:03:36 pm »

I think filming wraps this week.  So everyone who is planning on sending some snail mail letters should get them out ASAPily...  Smiley
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2801 on: April 09, 2007, 01:07:12 pm »

Okay,so I want to share my pic for the photo campaign with you guys.
I've never posted a picture in here,cause I haven't learnt that yet,so I've followed the instructions...and let's see if it works or  not.
Leire

(img)http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w257/kukulenileni/GGseason8.jpg(/img)

KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2802 on: April 09, 2007, 01:08:50 pm »

Nope it didn't..now?

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: April 09, 2007, 01:10:03 pm »

here is mine Smiley
( hopefully this is how it is suppose to be Smiley )

UPDATE oh its suppose to be a real picture?! Huh
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 01:11:16 pm by Gilmores-Forever » Logged

sarah =)
conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: April 09, 2007, 01:19:03 pm »

Oh maybe thats what happened.  I got this 404 error on my firefox browser when I tried to submit.  I will continue to work on the new response and wait to see if the old response comes out

If you got a 404 error, it probably didn't submit.  My Firefox just reloaded the page, then my post was there about 20 minutes later.

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: