The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 10, 2017, 04:16:42 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762307 times)
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: April 08, 2007, 07:48:29 pm »

It is truly amazing how much the percent went up today! Earlier I didn't think we had a very good chance, but now I know we can do it! Keep voting! Wink

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: April 08, 2007, 08:11:58 pm »

I know, I am sooo excited that the percentage went back up again, we're almost there. Cheesy
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: April 08, 2007, 08:13:15 pm »

2 things guys:

1. DONT FORGET ABOUT THE BOOK THING Smiley PM me for details  Cheesy

2.  I posted this Thursday night, but I thought I'd post it agin for whomever missed it. I had been corresponding with her for quite some time.. and look, it payed off Smiley
http://tvdramas.about.com/od/gilmoregirls/a/fanssaveggirls.htm

<3 ash

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Lucie
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: April 08, 2007, 08:28:39 pm »

Hey Ash! That article is great! Cheesy

I'm Shelby Cheesy

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: April 08, 2007, 08:50:33 pm »

Yeah i voted like 5000 times.. and it went up from 46% to 49%.. so thats how much it takes for it to move a %.. so that means VM fans are voting 5000 times right along with us.. just not as many of them are.. we are far more dedicated than they ever will be.. we've been around ALOT longer..  Grin  I know they want to save their show too.. but.. in the long run.. they deserve to lose b/c of the such sour attidues they had losing the eonline poll.. oh well.. It feels like so long away they we'll hear if we get another season.. its been a long time coming.. I love the book idea.. and I gathered some old books my sister gave to me.. Im gonna send them UPS/USPS certified mail.(whichever has certified mailing). it costs a little more.. but this way I know for a fact they got there, b/c I get a card with a signature on it in return.. wouldn't it be awesome if it was Alexis's signature  Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:51:51 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

Lucie
Inn Owner

View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: April 08, 2007, 08:52:41 pm »

That would be so awesome to get Alexis's signature

I'm Shelby Cheesy

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: April 08, 2007, 09:01:32 pm »

whoever made up the book idea, kudos to you.. I like it b/c like you all said, it aims not only for Rory but for Alexis too.. we care about both.. I think that'll hit home and if and when she gets them.. it'll be emotional b/c she does gives books to the charity and all.. it'll be great  Wink  So, how many are actually sending books and how many books each?  I can see it now.. one day, or the same day, I hope.. all these packages arrive there with Alexis's name on it.. LoL.. I bet whoever recieves them will be blown away.. we have thought of sooooo many different ideas.. I wonder what's next.. Im glad there is a gilmoregirls.org.. if not.. I would have nowhere to go to talk to people who love GG as much as I do.. I have up on the CW forums long ago.. Alright, well.. Im outta here. Dance

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: April 09, 2007, 01:05:07 am »

Whoa...wait a minute... maybe I'm a moron, and I'm just now putting this together, but..............

The season finale is scheduled to air May 15.

The CW is announcing their 07-08 line up, which is when we expect the official word on GG, on May 17.

That's 2 days AFTER the finale!!! So, you're telling me that I have to watch on May 15 without knowing whether I'm watching a season finale cliffhanger or the very last episode ever of my most beloved show? Wow, that's not fair. Those are 2 totally different mindsets that I would have while watching the episode... I guess I will have to tape it or something so that after I learn the fate of the show, I can re-watch it, knowing what I'm really watching. I'm mad now.

While theoretically, negotiations for season 8 of Gg could continue up to even fifteen minutes before the Upfronts presentation on May 17th, I think it's highly unlikely that we'll have to wait that long.  I suspect that within a week or two after filming wraps on the season finale, we'll find out whether or not s8 is a go.  I think both the network/studio and the actors learned from the failed struggle to get Amy and Dan to stay with the show last year that they're going to make a decision sooner, announce it and *then* give the holdout(s) a chance to change her/their mind(s).  Could even be if Lauren has changed her mind about leaving with Alexis and is instead staying with the show (a *huge* probability given that she's reportedly already signed onto s8, supposedly pending whatever Alexis wants to do, but likely, in actuality not being influenced by her decision), we'll find out a lot sooner than we expect.  But I stress that I'm speculating here.

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because I think the newer viewers need to be reminded that Lorelai might just be into spanking.  (Dirty!)

I really hope we don't have to wait until May 17th.  Where did you hear Lauren was already signed on for season 8? 

How many pages ago on this thread was that? (ie: the report that LG has signed on for s8, pending whatever).  I forget.

-- Rob

----------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai's hyperanxiety is a turn-on.  (Uh, did I just type that one "out loud?")
flcrkr
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: April 09, 2007, 05:15:10 am »

I was away over the weekend and was wondering if we can still submit pictures for the picture book?

laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: April 09, 2007, 05:47:04 am »

How do you link to this thread through a picture on another forum?

Litforever, I'm not sure if anyone answered your question yet.  Here is the link for the button that will link to this thread: http://www.gilmoregirls.org/other/great8mandate/ggstamp3.gif
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2785 on: April 09, 2007, 05:50:10 am »

I was away over the weekend and was wondering if we can still submit pictures for the picture book?

Yes, you can still put them online or send them to Heidi .. I think she said, she'll send them on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: April 09, 2007, 09:19:49 am »

^ oh i thought she sent them last week. did she reset the date? i already sent mine like last tuesday, i was just wondering

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2787 on: April 09, 2007, 09:23:19 am »

^ oh i thought she sent them last week. did she reset the date? i already sent mine like last tuesday, i was just wondering

Yeah, she did send one last week - I think there had been over 50 pictures .. but as many people couldn't manage to send in the picture sooner, she decided to make another one  Wink

that was her post from April, 5th:
"Tomorrow's book will be sent to Lauren.  The books for next will be shipped via overnight mail on Tuesday or Wednesday, so they'll arrive Wednesday or Thursday"
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:26:24 am by divine » Logged

softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: April 09, 2007, 09:45:05 am »

Hi,

I really liked the book idea, but because i'm from europe and my books are not in english i went on the net to look for some information about "first book" the charity in wich alexis is involved. I really wanted to know if the would also accept books in other languages. While surfing on theire site, i found a FAQ file, and their i read the following

Can I donate books to First Book?

First Book accepts large-scale donations of new books directly from publishers. If you’re interested in becoming a publishing partner, contact us via the Firstbook National Book Bank. First Book does not accept donations of used or new books from individuals.
 Sad

So this means that the books we would send to alexis wont be accepted their Cry

I also was thinking of the following. B/c i'm not a native english speaker i find it rather difficult to write a letter to any of the people mentioned in the beginning of this post. Their are so many things you want to say but when you write it down it just seems not good enough, so the result of all that is lots of deleted pieces. So i was thinking, may be i could make it very simple and just send a post card, with one of the lines like "would you be our lorelai gilmore for one more year" or something on it. I don 't know if anyone thinks that 's a good idea.  Huh
Do you know if there are gg postcard or may be i could just use one with daisy 's one it or just adjust one myself.

Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: April 09, 2007, 09:49:09 am »

can someone please tell me what the stamp-thing is about? and how can i join in?

@softjen: i think its a good idea to send a daisy-postcard. but will it really get to her?
maybe i'll do something like this too but it takes so long till it arrives.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 09:53:44 am by Chrissi » Logged

...angel without wings
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: