The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 12:50:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730756 times)
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2760 on: April 08, 2007, 03:04:04 pm »

Thanks KaraGilmore and Neverapuff! I've been voting in Aussiello's site,and hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to take that picture.
I'll need to check that book campaign, I live in the Basque Country,(between Spain and France) does this complicate me to help in that campaign?

(Going to Colorado for the whole next year!!)  Grin

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2761 on: April 08, 2007, 03:14:42 pm »

I'll need to check that book campaign, I live in the Basque Country,(between Spain and France) does this complicate me to help in that campaign?

I don't think that it will complicate anything, the books will just take more time to arrive there ... I have the same problem because I live in Austria, but I think if we can manage to send the books out asap, they should arrive in time  Wink

** oh and yay! back to 48% on Ausiello's poll - that's great everybody!! **

ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: April 08, 2007, 03:15:52 pm »

over at tvguide
Gilmore Girls: 48%

Veronica Mars: 51%

KEEP VOTING!!

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2763 on: April 08, 2007, 03:25:08 pm »

Whoa...wait a minute... maybe I'm a moron, and I'm just now putting this together, but..............

The season finale is scheduled to air May 15.

The CW is announcing their 07-08 line up, which is when we expect the official word on GG, on May 17.

That's 2 days AFTER the finale!!! So, you're telling me that I have to watch on May 15 without knowing whether I'm watching a season finale cliffhanger or the very last episode ever of my most beloved show? Wow, that's not fair. Those are 2 totally different mindsets that I would have while watching the episode... I guess I will have to tape it or something so that after I learn the fate of the show, I can re-watch it, knowing what I'm really watching. I'm mad now.

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: April 08, 2007, 03:29:13 pm »

Whoa...wait a minute... maybe I'm a moron, and I'm just now putting this together, but..............

The CW is announcing their 07-08 line up, which is when we expect the official word on GG, on May 17.

That's 2 days AFTER the finale!!! So, you're telling me that I have to watch on May 15 without knowing whether I'm watching a season finale cliffhanger or the very last episode ever of my most beloved show? Wow, that's not fair. Those are 2 totally different mindsets that I would have while watching the episode... I guess I will have to tape it or something so that after I learn the fate of the show, I can re-watch it, knowing what I'm really watching. I'm mad now.

While theoretically, negotiations for season 8 of Gg could continue up to even fifteen minutes before the Upfronts presentation on May 17th, I think it's highly unlikely that we'll have to wait that long.  I suspect that within a week or two after filming wraps on the season finale, we'll find out whether or not s8 is a go.  I think both the network/studio and the actors learned from the failed struggle to get Amy and Dan to stay with the show last year that they're going to make a decision sooner, announce it and *then* give the holdout(s) a chance to change her/their mind(s).  Could even be if Lauren has changed her mind about leaving with Alexis and is instead staying with the show (a *huge* probability given that she's reportedly already signed onto s8, supposedly pending whatever Alexis wants to do, but likely, in actuality not being influenced by her decision), we'll find out a lot sooner than we expect.  But I stress that I'm speculating here.

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because I think the newer viewers need to be reminded that Lorelai might just be into spanking.  (Dirty!)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 03:37:06 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: April 08, 2007, 03:32:50 pm »

did you guys notice that kristin's blog about the SOS poll is gone?

edit: never mind i found it....but only by clicking on the comments.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 03:40:36 pm by stracciatella » Logged
gglorelai
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: April 08, 2007, 03:47:11 pm »

Personally, I'm not wasting my time with the E! poll anymore. It's ludicrous that you can even still put a vote through. There's no way, if E! has any credibility at all, that they will count any votes after April 6th.

Let's put our efforts into campaigning! We need to either convince Alexis to come back full or part time; we need to beg Lauren to come back regardless of what Alexis does. Forget the execs. Send letters to the ladies!!!

I agree with you neverapuff, who are we trying to convince anyway?  The networks want GG  anyway they can get it , it's Alexis and Lauren that needs to be know about our intentions (more Alexis than Lauren I think).  As for VM, it's their rating that need help and no amount of voting can help them raise that, JMHO.
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: April 08, 2007, 03:49:54 pm »

did you guys notice that kristin's blog about the SOS poll is gone?

edit: never mind i found it....but only by clicking on the comments.

More specifically, both the original article page *and* the ballot page itself are still
at this moment directly accessible if you already have the URL:

BALLOT PAGE:  http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084
SOS ARTICLE PAGE:  http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=52af6b98-eb72-45a0-b27b-7798e6bf906f#commentstart  (note:  erasing #commentstart from the URL does NOT take you to just the article, it takes you to a blank page with E!'s template)

Anyway, as I'm writing this, both pages are still there even though the SOS article link has been taken off Kristin's index page.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai looks great wearing nothing but a blue flannel shirt.  (Oooooohhhhh, those legs!  That messy, morning-after bedhead look!  Sigh!)
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: April 08, 2007, 04:04:15 pm »

I don't think we'll have to wait until 2 days after the finale.. b/c i heard they are making two different endings, b/c they havn't decided if its a series or season finale yet, so they are shooting both.. b/c no ones knows yet.  But when we see it, if we don't know already, we will know just by seeing the episode.. so don't worry about having to wait.. But I have a awesome feeling its going to be just a season 7 finale cliff hanger, in which we'll have to wait till season 8 to see.. I wonder what it will be like.. If alexis doesn't come back, I think they'll have some sort of going away thing,like she'll get a job some where far away.. and then season 8 will come back just with mention of her and guest appearences like they've been saying.. so.. who knows.. we'll see   Grin  I feel after all we've done.. there is just no way to say no to us!!! we have been working 24/7 for months on this... they wouldn't let millions of people down like that.. this show for many is the only reason we watch the CW.. so I know the CW wants them back.. or they lose lots of money!  Just like we knew we would win the poll.. and we did.. I feel that we will win this also.. just wait and see.  Everyone needs to be in a good mood about this.. not feel negative in any way about what other people say.. b/c everyone right now is just giving their opinions.. nothing is fact yet.. Long live GG!!!!!

ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2769 on: April 08, 2007, 04:18:31 pm »

I don't think we'll have to wait until 2 days after the finale.. b/c i heard they are making two different endings, b/c they havn't decided if its a series or season finale yet, so they are shooting both.. b/c no ones knows yet.  But when we see it, if we don't know already, we will know just by seeing the episode.. so don't worry about having to wait.. But I have a awesome feeling its going to be just a season 7 finale cliff hanger, in which we'll have to wait till season 8 to see.. I wonder what it will be like.. If alexis doesn't come back, I think they'll have some sort of going away thing,like she'll get a job some where far away.. and then season 8 will come back just with mention of her and guest appearences like they've been saying.. so.. who knows.. we'll see   Grin  I feel after all we've done.. there is just no way to say no to us!!! we have been working 24/7 for months on this... they wouldn't let millions of people down like that.. this show for many is the only reason we watch the CW.. so I know the CW wants them back.. or they lose lots of money!  Just like we knew we would win the poll.. and we did.. I feel that we will win this also.. just wait and see.  Everyone needs to be in a good mood about this.. not feel negative in any way about what other people say.. b/c everyone right now is just giving their opinions.. nothing is fact yet.. Long live GG!!!!!

While yes, the network understands the importance of having GG back for another season, at this point it really isn't up to them.  From reports they are throwing everything they've got to the girls, but if they say no, there is no more Gilmore.  I'm really trying not to be a downer here people, but at this point we really need to focus our attention to Alexis and more spefically Lauren, who without, we wouldn't have a show anyways.  I think, that if we could get Lauren to reconsider doing another season without Alexis as a star we have a better chance of a season 8.  While yes, everything right now is complete spectualtion and rumors, we aren't sure exactly what is going on in Alexis' head.  If she really is against acting and wants to take a break, I'm not sure that anyone will be able to convince her to come back for a full season...Lauren, however has slighty more invested here I feel. 

Trust me, I want season 8 as badly as the next person and I'm here to say that it is completely obtainable...there is a certain amount of reality that needs to be in this as well...hopefully they will be able to make an anouncement before the May 15 season finale, maybe not.  But as for the two seperate endings, from what I understand from an interview I read with DR several weeks ago, the finale has already been written and the ending would work for either a season ending or a series ending.  Now, I'm not sure what that means for how they will make it end, but all we can do now is keep campaigning to the girls and pray that they have a change of heart and decide to give Stars Hollow another year...

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: April 08, 2007, 05:37:40 pm »

I would like to say that I agree with neverapuff ~ while the voting is all good and everything, we shouldn't just concentrate on that! Remember where we started before the voting and polls came out, before the other shows started stating they weren't perhaps coming back.

SEND LETTERS to the people Heidi posted on the FIRST page of this thread! Don't forget about the letters! And write to others who you feel would get the word out or make a difference in the final decision.

SEND A BOOK to Alexis for her favorite charity! She's one of the people that will make or break a season 8! So, it's her that we need to keep sending mandate reminders to! If you're not sure what's going on with the book mandate, PM LoganNRory4ever (Ash) and find out more! It's easy and everyone can do it pretty much! AND, it's trageting the person directly! Keep sending letters too, if that's what you're more into! Can't hurt!

SEND YOUR GREAT8MANDATE PHOTO to Heidi she's still accepting them through the weekend! If you haven't sent one in, showing your support of season 8, do so NOW! Be creative and show your support!

STAY POSITIVE!! Don't let what you read in the news or among different sites, get you down! It's not over 'til it's over!

It's important to keep our spirits up! The big decision will come, and it's out of the network's hands it seems...but it's not out of our hands completely! Keep on being creative and remember, there's more than just voting to be done! Keep up the great work everyone! Stand strong! Viva La Gilmore Girls!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: April 08, 2007, 05:54:01 pm »

While theoretically, negotiations for season 8 of Gg could continue up to even fifteen minutes before the Upfronts presentation on May 17th, I think it's highly unlikely that we'll have to wait that long.  I suspect that within a week or two after filming wraps on the season finale, we'll find out whether or not s8 is a go.  I think both the network/studio and the actors learned from the failed struggle to get Amy and Dan to stay with the show last year that they're going to make a decision sooner, announce it and *then* give the holdout(s) a chance to change her/their mind(s).  Could even be if Lauren has changed her mind about leaving with Alexis and is instead staying with the show (a *huge* probability given that she's reportedly already signed onto s8, supposedly pending whatever Alexis wants to do, but likely, in actuality not being influenced by her decision), we'll find out a lot sooner than we expect.  But I stress that I'm speculating here.

-- Rob

----------------------------
Season 8:  Because I think the newer viewers need to be reminded that Lorelai might just be into spanking.  (Dirty!)

I really hope we don't have to wait until May 17th.  Where did you hear Lauren was already signed on for season 8?  That would be great!  I'm hoping Kristin puts something up tomorrow about the Eonline poll i still feel uneasy about it.  Huh
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: April 08, 2007, 06:12:13 pm »

I heard that they may say before the 17th

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: April 08, 2007, 06:16:01 pm »

We're at 49% on the TV Guide poll! Keep it up people! Remember this voting is easier than the other one because if you just open a small window, vote and close it, you can do that over and over again without opening another link. We can win this one too if we all work together!  Grin

AND I whole heartily agree the sending books to Alexis idea is the best one yet because not only does it give me a chance to send some of my old books I don't even read anymore but it can also possibly help show Alexis that we don't care just about Rory, we care about her too!  Wink

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: April 08, 2007, 07:11:45 pm »

AND I whole heartily agree the sending books to Alexis idea is the best one yet because not only does it give me a chance to send some of my old books I don't even read anymore but it can also possibly help show Alexis that we don't care just about Rory, we care about her too!  Wink

I agree, I absolutely loooooove the daisy idea but it really only refures to the character of Lorelai, not Lauren.
With the book thing, it shows that we of course love Rory but it also shows that we know something about Alexis since she is involved in a book giving oganization! Smiley I think doing both would be great! It would really send the message cause then both the girls would have something refured specifically to them in some way. Grin
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 07:13:03 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: