The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 11, 2017, 05:01:29 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1762780 times)
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: April 08, 2007, 11:31:10 am »

so what one really counts?
the save one show? or the tvguide one?
because i got the impression that the E! was the only one that would count because the TvGuide was only a poll..?

sarah =)
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2746 on: April 08, 2007, 11:33:37 am »

so what one really counts?
the save one show? or the tvguide one?
because i got the impression that the E! was the only one that would count because the TvGuide was only a poll..?

The E! poll is really the only poll that has a history of helping shows out...however, it's completely a pride thing to also win the tvguide poll.  That is just to show that we are there, we are paying attention, and we are just as passionate about saving GG.

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: April 08, 2007, 11:36:21 am »

right right Smiley
liek i am voting, but i didnt think it counted as much.. thanks tho  ill keep voting Cheesy

sarah =)
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: April 08, 2007, 11:42:16 am »

Hey if anyone has XM radio, you know how some of us tried to e-mail Ellen Degeneres once or twice, well she is on channel 155 on weekdays at 7am.. we could call her on her show.. if we get through.. I e-mailed her again tho and ask her to put a picture up on her show with the lobster (if anyones seen recent shows of her being in Universal) man holding up a sign that says "I support season 8 of Gilmore Girls" lol.. BTW, Happy Easter to all, easter egg hunting time! 

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: April 08, 2007, 11:46:01 am »

haha i love hearing all these stories about how everybody is doing big things like with tv and radio. 
i wish i could do something as big, or help take part in it like you guys Smiley

sarah =)
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: April 08, 2007, 11:50:11 am »

2 things guys:

1. DONT FORGET ABOUT THE BOOK THING Smiley PM me for details  Cheesy

2.  I posted this Thursday night, but I thought I'd post it agin for whomever missed it. I had been corresponding with her for quite some time.. and look, it payed off Smiley
http://tvdramas.about.com/od/gilmoregirls/a/fanssaveggirls.htm

<3 ash
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 08:12:59 pm by LoganNRory4ever » Logged

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: April 08, 2007, 12:30:55 pm »

Hi everyone,

I was away yesterday so i didn ' know a thing of everything what happend with e, online poll, so i just read all that pages.
I was very happy to see the results at first (but also a bit surprised because i wasn 't expecting them yet) and was already in heaven but then a read on and saw the numbers changing and finally they disappeared, so i 'm no a tiny bit worried.
But i think we must have won. I looked up kristin 's her update where she said there was a top five and there she said there wore already more than 600.000 votes.
So guesing that in the second half of the voting contest there would be at least as many votes (and more likely match more but just for the sake of the argument i stick to the same number) there would be 1.200.000 votes, and according to the last results that have been up, gg was ahead and with an 8% difference to veronica mars, so that would mean that VM needs 12.000 * 8 = 96.000 votes more than gg to have a break even, which i think is very doubtfull.

Whili i was typing this i just was wondering the following:
could it be that the counting program of e, which was clearly not been abel to follow the tons of vote that where comming in,  was adding up votes alphabeticly (which is i think and hope is computer nonsense, but since it slipped my mind i thought of it),
that would mean that gg (or atleast the shows witch are alphabeticly before gg could go up and not the other ones. I searched the web for some differend resultpages, and this is the following "evolution" i found (just the numbers that changed are in here)

(37%) Gilmore Girls
 (17%) One Tree Hill
 (34%) Veronica Mars

(38%) Gilmore Girls
(17%) One Tree Hill
 (33%) Veronica Mars

(39%) Gilmore Girls  
(16%) One Tree Hill
(33%) Veronica Mars

(40%) Gilmore Girls
(16%) One Tree Hill
(32%) Veronica Mars

So that isn 't much help. So i hope that there is somebody there with some computer skills who can tell me that that theory is complete and total rubish. I 'm sorry to post this and worry people, but it 's just killing me and i really need somebody to tell me that what i "m thinking is stupid, rubish, ...

Since i 'm flipping a bit a better stop thinking and do something positiv,
so i "m of to vote hundreds times on tvguide

Bye,

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: April 08, 2007, 12:59:36 pm »

LoL.. i just voted over 1000 times and it went up 1% more.. to 47%.. lol.. this might take a while  Shocked

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: April 08, 2007, 01:15:04 pm »

so far today... ive voted over 2000 times... and its moving... but slowly. Its a group effort Smiley

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

ggrox
Diner Regular

Community Points: 226

All we can do is keep breathing....

View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: April 08, 2007, 01:31:46 pm »

How do you vote multiple times? my computer won't let me..it just brings me to the "thanks for voting " page when I click on the vote more than once

Thanx so much Elise Gilmore!^
Lorelai, this thing we're doing here - me, you  I just want you to know I'm in. I am all in.
softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: April 08, 2007, 01:38:22 pm »

Little question

Do we vote on E online, just to be save,
or do we go to tv guide to vote?

I 'm a little bit confused
KuKuLeNiLeNi
Town Resident

Community Points: 37

There Must Be A SEASON 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2756 on: April 08, 2007, 01:44:29 pm »

Okay so after having voted for like million of times each day,the voting thing is done,I also have sent letters,now what else can be done to save this great show?
I'm on Easter Holidays,so I have plenty of time for anything...so is there anything I can do to help?
Any ideas?

>>We really really need Season 8 >> and we can make it happen!

KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: April 08, 2007, 02:06:54 pm »

Okay so after having voted for like million of times each day,the voting thing is done,I also have sent letters,now what else can be done to save this great show?
I'm on Easter Holidays,so I have plenty of time for anything...so is there anything I can do to help?
Any ideas?

>>We really really need Season 8 >> and we can make it happen!
1.  You can still vote for the TV Guide Poll
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

2.  You can submit a picture of yourself for the second photo album that heidi is sending to the set. 

3.  You can make sure that you write to everyone that there possibly is, CW people, Actors, Managers, Television, Gossip Columnists, Newspapers, etc.  Anything to get the word out.

Good Luck!!

--Kara =]
P.S.  Today on the TVGuide Poll I have voted a little over 2000 times, but it has only changed about a percent, which is what I expected.  I think it takes quite an effort just to raise it a little bit.  Good Luck to everyone

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: April 08, 2007, 02:43:50 pm »

Yeah i just hit about 2000 times myself.. it nows its at 48%.. and I don't really think we need to vote on eonline anymore, b/c we were told that no votes count after midnight when it ended.. so.. I think its just a computer glitch... if Kristin is true to her word.. she won't take any after that time and grant the victory to the rightful winner, which is GG.   Grin We did surely win tho.. no doubt about that

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2759 on: April 08, 2007, 02:53:18 pm »

The other thing you can do to help save the show is SEND ALEXIS A BOOK! Don't know what I'm talking about? Send a PM to LoganNRory4Ever! She has a smart, classy, easy, and inexpensive way to reach the ONE PERSON WHO MAY BE ABLE TO BRING GG BACK.

C'mon people, this is similar to the daisy idea we've been talking about, but much cheaper and easier. If Alexis gets bombarded with used books for her fave charity maybe she'll realize that her acting career has touched a lot of people!!!

Personally, I'm not wasting my time with the E! poll anymore. It's ludicrous that you can even still put a vote through. There's no way, if E! has any credibility at all, that they will count any votes after April 6th.

Let's put our efforts into campaigning! We need to either convince Alexis to come back full or part time; we need to beg Lauren to come back regardless of what Alexis does. Forget the execs. Send letters to the ladies!!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 02:55:40 pm by neverapuff » Logged

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: