The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 12:45:20 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734278 times)
Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #2730 on: April 08, 2007, 08:31:10 am »

We're going to have to work really hard if we want to win the Ausiello poll, because we're pretty far behind, and those percents don't move fast. I have faith though! We can do it! Wink

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

Community Points: 450

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2731 on: April 08, 2007, 08:46:28 am »

Could u give me the link to the Ausiello poll!
My computer history doesn't have it right now... I did my first entry on my dad's and others on my other comp...
THANX!

ILY shelby, mel, livie, magz, amber, spence, grace, ines, rory
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2732 on: April 08, 2007, 08:49:03 am »

Here it is Smiley

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2733 on: April 08, 2007, 09:08:42 am »

divine i love your video! its really good!! Grin

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

divine
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2734 on: April 08, 2007, 09:21:30 am »

divine i love your video! its really good!! Grin

Thank you  Hearts
I am not 100% satisfied with it, but I wanted to finish it the other night Smiley

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: April 08, 2007, 09:22:15 am »

We're back to 45%, but I really think you can only vote once a day.. or you have to delete cookies in order to vote again, b/c I voted like 300 times by refreshing the page and the % never moved.. soo...

Also, is anyone able to access the eonline Kristin page?  B/c everytime I even try to go on it to send more e-mails or see if she updated it, it goes extremely slow and stops responding..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:33:53 am by Stillstanding » Logged

zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

Community Points: 450

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2736 on: April 08, 2007, 09:36:56 am »

yeah!
same thing happened to me!

bummer too!

anyway... VOTE EVERY DAY THEN PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!

ILY shelby, mel, livie, magz, amber, spence, grace, ines, rory
divine
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2737 on: April 08, 2007, 09:43:41 am »

I just think that we need many, many votes to go back up 1%  .. people must have voted like 10,000 times because we lost 4% in the last copule of hours. I still think you can vote more than once .. Probably it's like the E!online poll .. there were several shows which had 0% in the end, but I don't think that nobody voted for them. Given that GG or VM must have had over 100,000 votes just put the other shows back .. and I think it works the same way here.

As for the E!site - works fine with me .. it has no problem to open the site nor is it taking a lot time .. but it could be some server problems as it seems to be one of the most visited sites these days  Cheesy

Lucie
Inn Owner

Community Points: 947

View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: April 08, 2007, 09:49:11 am »

Question! Are the VM fans doing as much stuff to save the show as we are? It seems like we have a lot of stuff going on to try and save the GG... but are other shows doing the same thing. I mean I know that VM has lots of voters, but are they doing other stuff too?  Huh

I'm Shelby Cheesy
ILY Zija + Mel + Amber + Spencer + Maggie!

ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: April 08, 2007, 10:56:03 am »

As for the concern about Ausiello's newest blind riddle, with a male actor saying about his series that it's over, breathe a sigh of relief -- it's almost certainly NOT Scott Patterson or anyone else with a y-chromosome from Gg.  It's a Veronica Mars actor.  I posted a longer analysis of the riddle and why I think it's VM at the TVG thread, so I'll just summarize here:

1) Ausiello mentions that he left an Easter Egg in the riddle.  Veronica Mars had a Keister Egg at the beginning of the season.

2) Ausiello mentions free-agency.  RT is trying to reboot VM as a series by making Veronica an FBI agent.

3) Ausiello mentions VM about "90 times per week."  He also mentions Gg a lot, but the direction of the other hints refer most strongly to VM, so my suspicion is that this is a clue that more reinforces the other clues more than anything else.  So it's another notch against VM.

3) VM has had cancellation rumors floating around it for a LOT longer than Gg has, including a recent rumor that pretty much most of the cast has been told that the show was cancelled, a comment which ONLY RT has tried to retract (with the rest pretty much strongarmed to say nothing more about it.) 

4) With Patterson already signed back up for s8 of Gg after turning down 1 if not 2 pilots during pilot season, it's highly unlikely that Patterson is playing CYA to look for another gig -- since he already did and changed his mind.  Hence, it's likely that the guy is either Enrico Colantoni or Jason Dohring looking for another gig, even an arc on another show.  Rico has more possibilities to get hired to do arcs on a lot of shwos because he's a very versatile actor, Dohring, meanwhile, could be good for arcs on FNL, Smallville, OTH and other teen-oriented shows.

As someone else suggested, I'd be more comfortable about the results tabulation if they'd drop the return of the ballot and simply show the tabulation of the results in real time as they were starting to do before the ballot came back.  At this point, we *still* don't know for sure if they're not counting votes placed after the deadline, although I trust E!'s Dr. Anna Graham when she posted yesterday at E! that the voting is now ended.  OTOH, with Gg pulling even further away from the pack before the results stopped being shown, with 40% of the votes versus VM declining to 32% and OTH declining 1 point to 16%, it's statistically unlikely, since we were *all* using the same tactics (disabling cookies) to vote multiple times that VM could pull back ahead.  8% deficits in political elections generally aren't overcome as voting is tabulated.  So IMO, if the winner changes by next Friday, then something hinky will have been going on -- most likely votes counted after the deadline being counted regardless of the deadline and likely behind the pseudonymous Dr. Anna Graham's back.  In that case, I'd pretty much demand that all the votes, including date and time stamps be posted at the website in a way that could be calculated independently.  Otherwise, we have the screen caps and it would be behoove E! to stick to their original publicized results.

-- Rob

------------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai and Chris weren't in Paris long enough to legally get married there.  (2 weeks at best when France requires 30 days of residency for the marriage to be legal.)
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: April 08, 2007, 11:00:15 am »

TVGuide: GG is at 46% and VM is at 53%. Keep voting over and over guys. We can do it!!

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!

ObessedwithGG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2741 on: April 08, 2007, 11:02:09 am »

I've stopped trying to really read into anything Ausiello says...I'm still jhoping that certain things he's said aren't completely true...and well, anything that discourages an 8th season of GG I ignore completely.  I'm not giving up yet...none of us can.  Keep going, keeping treading ahead.  It's not over till its over...and even then, you never really know...

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: April 08, 2007, 11:09:31 am »

IMO, the LL Shippers who voted for VM are still bitter *very* regarding s6 and 7 of Gg and had completely gone off the rails *months* before the voting began at either E! or TV Guide (basically, they went off the rails at the end of last season).  Also, they dominate both the E! and TwoP sites (and from what I hear, the CW's MBs), making it virtually impossible to talk about Gg because they accept only one interpretation of Gg -- as a soap opera about Lorelai and Luke rather than about its actual main premise -- Parent-Child relationships (Lor/Rory, Lor/Emily, Rory/Emily, Lane/Mrs. Kim, Luke/April, Anna/April, Paris/her housekeeper, etc.) -- that *also* happens to have a powerful romantic subplot (most often romantic comedy subplot) about Lorelai and Luke as well as another romantic subplot involving Rory/whoever she's dating that season.  The best things to do are 1) challenge them on their excessively narrow interpretations of the show by reminding them that the show isn't even remotely close to being a soap opera,

It really bugs me that people think this show sucks and have stopped watching due to the Luke and Lorelai problems. Does no one remember the heart of this show? The one thing that made this show so amazing and special! Cry Family! Relationships with your parents, mothers and daughters! Its the only reason I watch, I seriously could go without Luke and Lorelai, I love them and would like to see them together in the end but its not why I watch! Lorelai and Rory are what I look forward to every week! Their amazing relationship and fun banter and the love for eachother is what keeps me interested and I hate that the show has become all about Lorelai and Rorys love lives, I liked GG because it was different from other shows, it was never like this before where all the show is about is the girls love lives and thats what it has become and I think that is a great reason to stop watching, not cause their fave relationship is on the rocks!! Roll Eyes I will possibly and probably stop watching next season if Rory leaves because there goes my fave tv relationship just like LL fans have done this season! I'm totally supporting Lauren for not continuing without Alexis cause I would hate to get another season finally and then not even watch it! Embarrassed

HOWEVER! Even though I feel this way, it doesn't mean I find the show stupid and have stopped watching, I still watch and ADORE the show! I even loved the first half of S6 even though it was so hard on the girls relationship! I definately don't think this show is anywhere near a soap opera! I hate that people call it that Angry It is so far from it, it isn't even funny!

2) challenge them on their excessively narrow interpretation of the rules of the SOS vote by reminding them that the only qualification for being on the SOS ballot is that the fate of the show is in some kind of significant doubt (ie: "on the bubble," which has no direct linkage to ratings, only to the likelihood of returning next season and ratings are only *one* factor among many that affects a show's fate)  and 3) given that *everybody* was voting more than once because instructions were floating around every show's websites on how to disable the cookies and vote as many times as you want/can, we were alll, regardless of the show we were voting for, *still* working under the same rules across all of the shows as anybody else was.

Unless E! wants to change the rules next year to limit the voting to one vote per registered user of E! Online.com, then they have implicitly defined the rules as being of the "vote as many times as you can" variety, as we all followed them across all of the shows.  If the VM fans/Gg haters don't like it, they still can't change the rules retroactively.  (Not only that, but they need to brush up on their Gg and enjoy the show for what it is and not what they want it to be.  FWIW.  BID.)

I completely agree! Kristen didn't tell anyone what she was planning on doing to save the winning show, she didn't say she would only talk to the network on bringing back the show! Even if she did, Gilmore Girls still counts! The ratings have been lower this year then normal and just because Dawn Ostroff apparently said "we will do anything it takes to get the show back" it doesn't mean she can't change her mind in a heartbeat!

I also find it really insulting that only GG fans are being accused of cheating! VM had almost the same amount of votes as us and they aren't accused of cheating and on top of that, they were the only show with proof they were cheating! Whats even worse is that even though VM had solid hard proof they were cheating, the VM fans still accused us of it and tried to tell us no VM fans were cheating when clearly they were! I think every fandom was cheating, it doesn't take a genius to figure out how! Why is it even so hard to believe that we didn't cheat? Everyone knows how popular GG is, everyone!! Just because GG fans have vacated the IMDB and CW boards, it doesn't mean we don't exsist! We are just sick and tired of being treated like crap by all the other fandoms! Why would we wanna go on IMDB and CW boards to brag about our winnings anyway? I bet that if I started a thread on each board about it, all I would get back in response is "you SUCK!" "Gilmore girls SUCKS!" "The show has jumped the shark!" "how and why did it win! It doesn't even deserve it!" even by GG fans! Why would the other fandoms even wanna read about us bragging? Do they really want it rubbed in there face? They should be happy we aren't rejoycing! Goes to show who the more mature and nice fanbase is!

OTOH, also speaking as a VM fan, I think that actual VM fans are in the denial stage of their grief over the show's imminent cancellation.  SOS wasn't going to save VM from cancellation even if the show had won because the show *already* gets critical and fan acclaim and that's done nothing to improve the show's ratings -- ratings that have proven it incompatible with virtually anything and everything it's paired with -- essentially the same postition Arrested Development was in during its 3rd season -- well, except that VM was able to have 4 more episodes in s2 and 7 more episodes in s3 than AD ever got.  IOW, there's simply no way that major advertisers are going to say, "Hey, I want me some time during that show" now that they know that no one is watching it (even relative to the CW's ratings).  I accepted this in the first month of the season, when VM's ratings failed to tick upward with any convincing regularity, so I've been enjoying it while it lasts, laughing at the SDSU and other San Diego scenery and hoping that we'll get a few more commentary tracks on the s3 set.

It makes sence that they would be acting like this because of all the negative news they are getting about their show and they secretly know that VM is pretty much toast but they are just getting ridiculious (sp?) about it but! Plus its not like we can't relate to them but when we get really negative news, we never act like that towards other fanbases!

Also, I'm glad that the pseudonymous "Dr. Anna Graham," who is E! Online's resident reviewer/conspiracy theorist about mainly Lost and Heroes (but who also discusses other shows from time to time), went online to confirm that only the votes cast up to the midnight deadline will be counted.  It's great that we've gotten official word regardless of the fact that we can prove the results anyway.  That pretty much settles it.  Yay!  Snoopy Dance!

-- Rob

Its really nice that we finally have confirmation about this!! God that was getting annoying and confusing!! *joins in snooy dance*

btw this may be a completely stupid question but on your last post, you mentioned Kristen getting banned from the GG set! I didn't hear about this, can you fill me in please?

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: April 08, 2007, 11:11:49 am »

I just voted like a bazillion times and it went up 1%!! Either every VM fan is on there all the time "cheating" or, ausiello is rigging the voting somehow.. I think he likes VM better... its weird.. I just think the VM fans are mad and putting everything they have into the tvguide one, which means we have to retaliate and win this one too.. b/c we all know what the better show is and who the best fans in the world are.   Grin  They didn't even see us coming, thats the funny thing.. I wish I could join in on the book thing, but I don't really have any books, besides ones I read in school that I still have.. but I'll look into it.. I don't think I have more than like 3-4 books..

Also, I agree with you go_clo.. about the CW boards and all.. everytime I post anything about even the eonline poll.. a petition.. anything about great 8 mandate or anything else that is "for" gilmore girls 8th season" I get patronized and ridiculed.. not one person said anything good to me, they all said that its a waste of time and these things don't help.. and they just laughed and made fun.. its not worth posting anything there.. You would think they would want GG to come back and if they are on the GG CW boards, you would think they would be nice to other fans and love the show like we do, but they don't.. so I have stayed away from there..
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 11:16:37 am by Stillstanding » Logged

Litforever
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: April 08, 2007, 11:16:22 am »

How do you link to this thread through a picture on another forum?
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: