The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 02:25:19 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729582 times)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2700 on: April 07, 2007, 05:48:15 pm »

Yes, count me in! I've got some books I could send with a letter on the top! I think that's a wonderful idea! And, good charity work too! Great work, Ash! Just let me know when to send them and they're sent!! I think that Alexis should appreciate them, if nothing else be able to help her charity. It sounds as though she's a pretty active supporter! Keep up the creative thinking, girl! Smiley

Question: Is the TV Guide poll counting votes that we do over and over again? I can't keep all the polls straight, so sorry! I just know that I vote over and over and the % doesn't move, until I come back the next day and sometimes it has moved. I just wanted to confirm that it does work over and over again, and the votes are count! Thanks!

neverapuff I understand what you're saying, I've run up against some pretty negative fans of other shows who are very against the Gilmore Girls! But, we have to stay positive and just keep focusing on what we're doing here! It can be very disappointing and a big downer to go places and not feel the support that we have here...but that makes me just keep on fighting! Everyone's entitled to their opinion, right? And some just attack and don't open their minds...but we're better than that! We'll stick together and we'll keep on mandating! Just know that you can come here and be supported and just try to focus on what we're doing here and who cares what other people think of the show or us as fans! I could say some things about other show's fans too but it's not about that...right?! Smiley Hang in there! Don't give up now!

Keep up the great mandating everyone! Don't forget where we began...write more letters (snail or e-mail) and keep sending! Spread the word everywhere and keep on going! Don't slow down now! Smiley Whoo Hooo!! (Just sent my photo to Heidi now!)

~M
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:56:02 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

Community Points: 450

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2701 on: April 07, 2007, 06:03:12 pm »

cool!

sending books sounds like a great idea!
i know i could do the same thing!

ILY shelby, mel, livie, magz, amber, spence, grace, ines, rory
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: April 07, 2007, 06:24:10 pm »

Question: Is the TV Guide poll counting votes that we do over and over again? I can't keep all the polls straight, so sorry! I just know that I vote over and over and the % doesn't move, until I come back the next day and sometimes it has moved. I just wanted to confirm that it does work over and over again, and the votes are count! Thanks!

[

Yes all votes count on the TVguide poll also Mel.

I was just reading some other info on the boards at E! and whilst I'm certain that Dr Anna's statement is true about votes not counting after the deadline (she is a reliable source), it would appear that the results that flashed up at the end of the voting period may not have been the final count.   So while it is good that GG's total was rising, I wouldn't say we are over the line just yet.  I guess we will need to wait for Kristin's announcement on the 13th April after all.

Please read Forum Rules
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: April 07, 2007, 06:33:28 pm »

Whoa, I just checked out the E! message boards, and people are MAD! What is up with all the haters?Huh It seems like all us die hard GG fans ONLY come here to post because every forum I have checked out has been full of insults towards the show and its viewers.

IMO, the LL Shippers who voted for VM are still bitter *very* regarding s6 and 7 of Gg and had completely gone off the rails *months* before the voting began at either E! or TV Guide (basically, they went off the rails at the end of last season).  Also, they dominate both the E! and TwoP sites (and from what I hear, the CW's MBs), making it virtually impossible to talk about Gg because they accept only one interpretation of Gg -- as a soap opera about Lorelai and Luke rather than about its actual main premise -- Parent-Child relationships (Lor/Rory, Lor/Emily, Rory/Emily, Lane/Mrs. Kim, Luke/April, Anna/April, Paris/her housekeeper, etc.) -- that *also* happens to have a powerful romantic subplot (most often romantic comedy subplot) about Lorelai and Luke as well as another romantic subplot involving Rory/whoever she's dating that season.  The best things to do are 1) challenge them on their excessively narrow interpretations of the show by reminding them that the show isn't even remotely close to being a soap opera, 2) challenge them on their excessively narrow interpretation of the rules of the SOS vote by reminding them that the only qualification for being on the SOS ballot is that the fate of the show is in some kind of significant doubt (ie: "on the bubble," which has no direct linkage to ratings, only to the likelihood of returning next season and ratings are only *one* factor among many that affects a show's fate)  and 3) given that *everybody* was voting more than once because instructions were floating around every show's websites on how to disable the cookies and vote as many times as you want/can, we were alll, regardless of the show we were voting for, *still* working under the same rules across all of the shows as anybody else was.

Unless E! wants to change the rules next year to limit the voting to one vote per registered user of E! Online.com, then they have implicitly defined the rules as being of the "vote as many times as you can" variety, as we all followed them across all of the shows.  If the VM fans/Gg haters don't like it, they still can't change the rules retroactively.  (Not only that, but they need to brush up on their Gg and enjoy the show for what it is and not what they want it to be.  FWIW.  BID.)

OTOH, also speaking as a VM fan, I think that actual VM fans are in the denial stage of their grief over the show's imminent cancellation.  SOS wasn't going to save VM from cancellation even if the show had won because the show *already* gets critical and fan acclaim and that's done nothing to improve the show's ratings -- ratings that have proven it incompatible with virtually anything and everything it's paired with -- essentially the same postition Arrested Development was in during its 3rd season -- well, except that VM was able to have 4 more episodes in s2 and 7 more episodes in s3 than AD ever got.  IOW, there's simply no way that major advertisers are going to say, "Hey, I want me some time during that show" now that they know that no one is watching it (even relative to the CW's ratings).  I accepted this in the first month of the season, when VM's ratings failed to tick upward with any convincing regularity, so I've been enjoying it while it lasts, laughing at the SDSU and other San Diego scenery and hoping that we'll get a few more commentary tracks on the s3 set.

Also, I'm glad that the pseudonymous "Dr. Anna Graham," who is E! Online's resident reviewer/conspiracy theorist about mainly Lost and Heroes (but who also discusses other shows from time to time), went online to confirm that only the votes cast up to the midnight deadline will be counted.  It's great that we've gotten official word regardless of the fact that we can prove the results anyway.  That pretty much settles it.  Yay!  Snoopy Dance!

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Because Because Because Becaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaauuuuuuuuuse, because of the wonderful things she does!  Like put a catfish in her bathtub.
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: April 07, 2007, 07:04:43 pm »

LoL.. the catfish in her tub.. I look forward to what you put in why we should have an 8th season on the bottom of each of your post, each time.. lol.. Great incite, you definately take the analyzing to the next level.. you should write for the show  Grin  Im glad that only the votes until midnight counted.. Im still wondering why they're still open tho.. oh well. we won.. lol.. Im picturing the snoopy dance.. or you can do the im going off to college dance/strut lol..

javajunkie4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: April 07, 2007, 08:07:48 pm »

Ok so I just read something by Ausiello that is really scary. I am hoping the person that people think it is turns out to be wrong.

"You know what they say in Hollywood: It's never too early to start lining up your next gig. At least I think they say it. And if they don't, the subject of this week's blind item sure does. He's a series regular on a bubble show I mention, oh, about 90 times a week, and he's currently taking meetings with various TV producers about possible guest arcs/recurring roles next season. Even though his series hasn't officially been axed, he sure seems convinced that it will be, since he's throwing around words like "over" and "done" and "finished." And while it's not unheard of for actors who aren't sure about their shows' fates to put out feelers this time of year, only to end up back at the jobs to which they were originally committed (John Stamos getting stuck at Jake in Progress, for instance), this wannabe-free agent, per one spy, "Seemed pretty sure his days at this show were behind him." Hmmm... know who I'm talking about? You should, considering the huge-ass Easter egg I hid in plain sight for you. Go ahead, thank the Easter bunny. "

Scott Patterson - Gilmore Girls

I ain't seeing no huge ass easter egg. 
Posted by mikeonfilm Apr 6, 2007 10:25 AM Report Abuse

I think Scott Patterson is right, the easter egg being "throwing around" and "wannabe free agent," since Scott used to be a minor league pitcher. 
Posted by ibuprotein Apr 6, 2007 10:45 AM Report Abuse

Could be Matt Czuchry on Gilmore Girls. . The easter egg could be all the mentions of "over,' "finished," etc. 
Posted by elibu Apr 6, 2007 10:48 AM Report Abuse

I was thinking GG too.

It has to be Gilmore Girls - none of the other clues even come close to making sense with Friday Night Lights. 
Posted by Ranger99 Apr 6, 2007 11:02 AM Report Abuse

The first thing I thought was Scott Patterson and Gilmore Girls and I don't even watch the show. I've read enough AA and listened to the podcast enough to hear the 90 times a week that Michael mentions it. Matt Czuchry already has a midseason pilot for the CW called Gravity so I'm not sure he'd be looking for much else. The way he describes the actor, just seems like Patterson to me."

Insert panic here.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 08:20:11 pm by javajunkie4life » Logged

Thanks for the sig Emily!!

Season 8!

Because they haven't had their middle.
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: April 07, 2007, 08:11:52 pm »

I don't think its GG, b/c Scott already signed on for the 8th season.. Ive read that in several places.. Ive heard nothing bad come from him about coming back for another season yet.. so.. but.. I heard he did sign on for a role in the movie Saw 4.. which scares the crap outta me.. b/c I don't wanna see him die in a movie.. like saw lol or any movie! ick!!! I won't watch it... if he's in it..

edit.. and I just looked on imdb.com... he is in it!! aaahhh...ick..  Shocked
and btw.. i just voted on tvguide.com 300 times and the % didn't change...  Huh
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 08:14:52 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2707 on: April 07, 2007, 08:17:54 pm »

I already posted that link yesterday, because I also had a bad feeling when I was reading this article .. anyway, I deleted the link because of possible spoilers. My problem was, that I had a little problem to understand Ausiello's strange written article (I guess it is supposed to be that way lol) ..

.. however .. I still don't get the whole text with it's hidden easter eggs, but with all the comments guessing it is SP/GG, I was a little shocked too. I really, really hope that Ausiello meant another show or his article was based on some false information otherwise our possible winning in the SOS poll would be kind of useless.
Does anyone know if Ausiello will give the right answer to his riddle?

Ok now, we should remember our good mood we had almost 24 hours ago and mandate like there's no tomorrow  Wink

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: April 07, 2007, 08:19:51 pm »

I don't see any clues that make it SP.. what clues? I wouldn't even begun to guess who is was... Ausiello.. always says these riddles to mess with our heads.. he could just be having more of his "fun".. i wouldn't worry much

javajunkie4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: April 07, 2007, 08:21:06 pm »

I'm really hoping its not someone from GG. I wish he would tell us who it was or not say anything at all.

Thanks for the sig Emily!!

Season 8!

Because they haven't had their middle.
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: April 07, 2007, 08:21:41 pm »

I definatley think its GG and SP for that matter. The easter eggs are all the hidden subtle baseball terminology (like it said in someones comments). Lets just hope that all of those plans of his fall apart and he is back for season 8.

clues:

Free Agent

Throwing Around

all relevant to baseball and SP was a former player soooo...those are the clues.

ObessedwithGG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2711 on: April 07, 2007, 08:31:38 pm »

I'm truely hoping that it isn't related to GG or Scott.  That would be just too sad.  But we can't give up...I won't stop campaigning until it is certain and the CW has made an offical announcement, and GG isn't on the schedule for next fall...and thats that.

Okay, and so about SP in the new Saw 4...I've refrained from seeing the rest of them (horror movies just aren't my thing), but maybe, JUST MAYBE, I'll suffer through it to see my favorite guy on the big screen!  We'll see, I'm not promising anything just yet.

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: April 07, 2007, 08:36:05 pm »

That's interesting...but that's why I just try not to read too much about all this supposed destiny of season 8 and all. Perhaps, that's why I'm a SPREE and all. I just want to know what the decision is, when it's time to know and then I'll know it's the real thing! I know, that's just me...but I also don't want to get discouraged or disappointed, I'll just keep fighting and mandating and supporting a season 8 until we hear the final word! I hope that everyone keeps on writing and mailing and supporting because until that day we hear the final word, anything is possible...and that means anything! So, keep your spiritis up and keep on mandating...try to stay positive and don't give up!!! :)P

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: April 07, 2007, 08:41:24 pm »

A lot of people seem to think the clues point to someone on Veronica Mars... I wouldn't read too much into it.. I think SP already signed on for season 8 anyway.
ObessedwithGG

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2714 on: April 07, 2007, 08:44:01 pm »

There is so much speculation going on that I won't believe anything until it comes directly from the network.  I still think it is strange how an announcement hasn't been made yet...I mean, I think that if Alexis was as completely dead set on not doing another year...that would have been public knowledge and we would be told that the good bye would be in 5 episodes...

I hope that her mind is still very flexible...I mean, she hasn't said no completely yet I hope...and maybe she won't...

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: