The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 07:58:36 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734444 times)
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2685 on: April 07, 2007, 04:02:51 pm »

I hope they don't count, b/c I don't know if anyone will power vote like they did the week previous.. I think everyone is just kind of taking a break.. but if they do.. it would be wrong on Kristin's part.. so I think she ill cut them off last night.. and take those percentages.. b/c we were way ahead in votes.. 39 to 33% is a lot of votes difference.. They would have to vote like million times to catch up with us.. but the polls were announced closed last night.. and thats what the final results should be, or alot of people will be mad at kristin if thats not the case.. and VM does pull ahead.. alot of people will be very mad that are here on the forum and all other GG fans.. I don't care if the VM fans think we're cheating and mad right now.. i think its funny, that they are such sore losers!  We won.. thats the end of it.. so I hope this voting thing makes an impact, but I heard epsiode 22 is starting to be shot on Wednesday.. So, we have a little more time.. b/c they said each episode takes about 5 days or so to shoot.. so get those last minute letters and pictures out..  Grin

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: April 07, 2007, 04:15:46 pm »

Alright, everyone so whats the plan?  Do we all keep voting just as hard and have voting sessions agian? or do you just wait it out until the glitch fixes it self.. and Kristin replys to all our e-mails.. or both?  I think she is getting like 1000 e-mails just today, b/c the page over there is going extremely slow right now.. I hope she realizes this glitch soon, for our sake!!  Im just gonna keep voting, and I e-mailed her twice.. I was so happy all day at work today.. lol.. and I just wish I didn't have to worry now..

Alright, so heres the link to the poll.. http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084
and to the tvguide poll:
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

poll is at bottom right corner.. vote on both.. it would be awesome to win both.. which we already won one.. one  to go!   Grin  We just went down to 47% in tvguide one, so I think the VM fans are focusing on that one right now, b/c not 10 min ago, it was at 48%..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 04:25:48 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: April 07, 2007, 04:25:26 pm »

I honestly believe we shouldn't be too worried at this point.  If E! has any integrity at all, it will stick with the original advertised voting schedule which clearly indicated that voting was to finish at 11:59pm (PST) on April 6.  Our only concern would be, as ShutUpRob stated, if the E! techs can't distinguish voting times.  But there is still enough people that downloaded the results page immediately after that time, to prove what the result was.  Not too mention that the boards everywhere were filled with discussion about it.

Honestly, I'd like them to come out with an announcement well before next Friday that indicates the close finish that it was....GG 37% and VM 34%, because they obviously ran a very fierce campaign also and deserve their dues.

So vote if you like at either the E! poll or the TVGuide poll.  It definatley can't hurt.  But I think it very unfair that E! would expect that fans need to continue such dedicated voting for any longer than we already have.

Plus we have a whole campaign that started way before these polls, and it is important that we step up the efforts on them again.  We need to write letters and send them.  We need to send emails.  Heidi is still accepting photos for the Fan Photo Campaign that are posted over this weekend.  So there is plenty to be done.  Choose one (or several Grin) and Mandate away!!!

Please read Forum Rules
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2688 on: April 07, 2007, 04:30:25 pm »

Good grief! I was gone less than a day and come back to find more than fifteen new pages!

WE WON!!!!! Congratulations everyone!!! I'm so happy! We did great!!!!

Time to celebrate!!!

Yay!!!! Great8Mandate FOREVER!!!!! GO GILMORE GIRLS!!!

-Season 8 or bust!-

~Lauren

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2689 on: April 07, 2007, 04:38:16 pm »

Well, I think you're right .. I mean what's the point in announcing a fix date when you still can vote ..

However, I just read the whole thread about SOS voting on E!Online and there I found this message

!!No votes count after last night at midnight!! by someone called Dr.Anna - seems like she's also working for E!online .. anyway, I don't know if this is reliable or not (since I didn't even know about E! a few weeks ago), but here's the link to the message : http://boards.eonline.com/Insider/Boards/message.jspa?messageID=1240366#1240366

I'd say we now should use our energies for the letters, photos and everything else. I know the situation we have now is bothering everyone, but until Kristin announces something, it will all be just rumors - and I am not sure if Kristin will answer our e-mails either, because she probably received tons of them in the last hours.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: April 07, 2007, 05:06:58 pm »

OKay that has me definately more satisfied that we no longer need to vote for the E! poll.

Dr Anna is in fact an authority on the E! boards and if she says no votes count after midnight that is good enough for me!

My suggestion now would be as in my above post.  Concentrate on the original G8M campaign things and the newer things that are popping up.  Don't waste your time voting for E!.   However if we want to try and kick butt on the TVGuide poll.  That might be nice Grin.

Please read Forum Rules
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: April 07, 2007, 05:08:35 pm »

Yeah, I hope that Dr.Anna is someone to trust.. And I really do think that she is right, but I was voting a alot just to make sure lol.. after the fact.. I just hope Kristin says something like now!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: April 07, 2007, 05:08:48 pm »

Congrats and awesome job to all those that voted!!! It's great that we came out ahead! But don't stop now! Keep on e-mailing and snail mailing and being creative!! As Heidi mentioned in one of her pervious (probably very previous) posts, write again and again...don't stop! It's alright if you've written before, send again!! And again!! I'm doing mine right now!!

We've got to keep the Mandate alive because it's not over until the...well, you know, until we have an answer one way or another! So...keep staying strong and mandate, mandate, MANDATE!! WAY TO GO EVERYONE!!

Long Live Gilmore Girls!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: April 07, 2007, 05:11:47 pm »

Yeah, i think we should win the tvguide.com poll too.. that will surely show our dedication 10 fold.. and I will definately send more letters and e-mails.. very soon, has anyone gotten replys from anyone they've sent e-mail or letters to? 

divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2694 on: April 07, 2007, 05:12:35 pm »

OKay that has me definately more satisfied that we no longer need to vote for the E! poll.

Dr Anna is in fact an authority on the E! boards and if she says no votes count after midnight that is good enough for me!

My suggestion now would be as in my above post.  Concentrate on the original G8M campaign things and the newer things that are popping up.  Don't waste your time voting for E!.   However if we want to try and kick butt on the TVGuide poll.  That might be nice Grin.

Thanks for confirming that .. I wasn't sure about that, that's why I also posted the link.

About the TVguide poll ...  I went over there like 30 mins ago and saw that GG went down to 47% .. that's when I started voting again there *lol*

**ok, It is up to 48% again** .. If you have some time, go over there to vote http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx   Wink
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 05:14:38 pm by divine » Logged

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: April 07, 2007, 05:29:10 pm »

Hopefully all of these issues with the eonline poll will help change it for next year.  Just in my opinion, i think it should only be allowed one vote per email address or IP address.  I am glad we unofficially won though, all of our teamwork paid off Smiley.

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: April 07, 2007, 05:31:32 pm »

Just a reminder to anyone interested in the donating books idea:
We are gaining momentum and more and more people are going to do it... the more the better!! If you want to be involved or want to know what it is that I'm talking about, please just PM me!

<3 ash

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

gilmore_fan84
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Javie Junkie

View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: April 07, 2007, 05:41:25 pm »

i know very little about what the book campaign is, but i figured this might be of intrest to those of you who are working on it...
i did a quick search on google for books mentioned on the show, and i found this link:
http://users.wfu.edu/caresm6/books.html
it has every book mentioned on gilmore girls from seasons 1 & 2. good luck guys...go gilmore season 8!!!!!

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: April 07, 2007, 05:43:21 pm »

i know very little about what the book campaign is, but i figured this might be of intrest to those of you who are working on it...
i did a quick search on google for books mentioned on the show, and i found this link:
http://users.wfu.edu/caresm6/books.html
it has every book mentioned on gilmore girls from seasons 1 & 2. good luck guys...go gilmore season 8!!!!!

Thanks hun, but we're just sending Alexis all of our old favorite books. I read that she actually loves to read and is very active with a charity clled "first book" so we're just doing that. much cheaper than sending flowers <3

<3 ash

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2699 on: April 07, 2007, 05:45:17 pm »

Whoa, I just checked out the E! message boards, and people are MAD! What is up with all the haters?Huh It seems like all us die hard GG fans ONLY come here to post because every forum I have checked out has been full of insults towards the show and its viewers. I don't get it. If so many people are rabidly obsessed with VM, then why does NOBODY WATCH IT? ugh. My cyber space feelings are hurt; I don't have any ill will towards VM, so I wish their fans would chill out. I wish that show would come back, too; I only started watching it since it moved to the CW, and I would keep watching it right after GG next year. Both shows are smart, quick, with great characters- why don't they have more common viewers??

I'm not impressed at all with the inconsistencies and glitches with the E! poll and results. The fact that percentages were displayed in the first place I think was a major snafu.

I hate not knowing what's really going on over there in Burbank. What if its not even true that Dawn Ostroff wants the show? What if Alexis has already moved to Fiji and wild horses couldn't bring her back? Ugh. I've spent almost $300 on GG paraphernalia over the years, put it right in their pockets, yes, Warner Brothers, you're welcome- now, can you please do me the courtesy of telling me what the h*ll is going on?Huh!!!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: