The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 12:09:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766218 times)
~*emily*~
« Reply #2670 on: April 07, 2007, 01:12:57 pm »

1000th post! 1000th post! 1000th post! 1000th post! 1000th post! 1000th post!

Maybe they posted them by mistake and then they relized they were not suppose to post them until friday and took them down I don't know just a thought Smiley

^ that makes sense to me. the poll results weren't supposed to go up until friday. i went back to the link to check the changing poll percentages, which i thought was weird, and the poll came up. you can vote again! i've voted for GG some more a few times, but i don't know if that counts...

anyway, i think we won fair and square. and isn't this whole alexis thing a rumor, anyway? season 8 of gilmore girls is still iffy, and i think its completely fair that we're trying to save it. anyway we can. we don't really know who we're supposed to convince, so we're trying to do anything to help the show. apparently some fans from other shows thought GG even being included was unfair. i thought it was unfair that some shows stayed in the running even though they had already officialy been canceled.

i don't know if this will affect anyone... i just wanted to say that i think GG being included in the poll and winning the poll was completely deserved and totally fair.

1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2671 on: April 07, 2007, 01:16:40 pm »

2. The point of the SOS poll is to give a show publicity, hopefully raising the ratings a little in this crucial time period. Its effect on executives is a little harder to sell. GG needs help in neither of these things- the ratings are fine, and TPTB already really, really want to renew the show. Winning the SOS poll isn't going to convince Alexis Bledel to stay on for another season. Therefore, fans of other shows feel that GG shouldn't even have been included in the poll in the first place, and a GG win is just a waste of a shot that could have gone to a show that it might have genuinely helped.

I get what you're saying, I really do. However, is it the fans fault that GG was included in the poll? Don't spite us because Kristen included it. We're not going to stay out of it just because we already have the execs. backing us. And really, I don't think it's fair to say that we should have. We want to save our show just as much as anyone else wants to save theirs. It was an opportunity and we jumped on it.
If anything, it will show execs. just how loyal we are and how much we really want it. In turn, they could try even harder. We are determined and will do anything we think will help.
Good luck to you and your shows too! Smiley No hard feelings.

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2672 on: April 07, 2007, 01:26:52 pm »

2. The point of the SOS poll is to give a show publicity, hopefully raising the ratings a little in this crucial time period. Its effect on executives is a little harder to sell. GG needs help in neither of these things- the ratings are fine, and TPTB already really, really want to renew the show. Winning the SOS poll isn't going to convince Alexis Bledel to stay on for another season. Therefore, fans of other shows feel that GG shouldn't even have been included in the poll in the first place, and a GG win is just a waste of a shot that could have gone to a show that it might have genuinely helped.

I get what you're saying, I really do. However, is it the fans fault that GG was included in the poll? Don't spite us because Kristen included it. We're not going to stay out of it just because we already have the execs. backing us. And really, I don't think it's fair to say that we should have. We want to save our show just as much as anyone else wants to save theirs. It was an opportunity and we jumped on it.
If anything, it will show execs. just how loyal we are and how much we really want it. In turn, they could try even harder. We are determined and will do anything we think will help.
Good luck to you and your shows too! Smiley No hard feelings.
Like Angela said, we want to save our show just as bad as everyone else. No blaim should be put on us if Kristen included GG in the polls. We really want to save our show and we believe the SOS poll could've really increased our chances. So, we pretty much won fairly, there wasn't any computer shut downs or anything. It was just a bunch of hardcore GG fans who are really dedicated with the voting and asking for GG back. If Alexis Bledel still doesn't agree with coming back to the show, then that's that. This was just an opportunity to have our favorite show come back with a season 8. No blaim should be put on us cause we're just loyal GG fans who are dedicated to have our show back.

Thank you, and have a nice day. =)

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
alyssa2276
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

You jump, I jump Jack

View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: April 07, 2007, 01:28:00 pm »

congrats!!!

Rory: You feel better now?
Lorelai: Waffle's very happy.

I'm telling you, if she throws up you're golden XD
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: April 07, 2007, 01:28:16 pm »

Darwin, I understand your reaction and have a few points to make in response:

1 -- The SOS poll is directed at Saving One Show that's perceived to be "on the bubble" about coming back, period.  Doesn't matter how or why, just that the show is on the bubble.

2 -- Gg is, in fact, a Bubble Show *because* Alexis is ambivalent (at best) about coming back to the show.  It's unknown whether the show is going to come back.  

3 -- The only difference between Gg's situation as a Bubble Show and other shows' situations as bubble shows is that the network actually wants to keep Gg.  The leverage of the SOS win is therefore directed at an actor or actors this time rather than at a network or studio executive.  IMO, that shouldn't be any sort of an arbiter of whether or not a show is qualified to be on the SOS list even though many disgruntled VM fans are questioning Gg being listed.

4 -- I figured that the change in results last night was due to the fact that so many votes had been coming in that the votes, like the votes in any political election, were simply taking time for the machine to tabulate -- state and federal elections that aren't usurped by the Supreme Court take several hours to tabulate by machinery, after all.  Maybe this means that SOS should have paper ballots, I dunno.   Grin  But in the meantime, I didn't see any particular problem in the results page changing since at the time, the vote had clearly ended because we were getting teh results page at the time, not the ballot page.

5 -- Now, since the ballot is back up again, I fear that the vote has essentially been negated entirely in some way and reset from the start.  In that case, there's a *huge* problem with E!'s tech monkeys and the nature of this tabulation software that they're using.  Now, we've got the screen shots of the voting and much complaining from disgruntled VM fans on E!'s comments pages on our side with regards to maintaining the fact that Gg won the vote.  That'll pretty much negate any change in the voting, IMO, so Gg's still essentially the winner.

6 -- To address a post by iluvgilmoregirls that I think also addresses what you've brought up Darwin:  If the results were never supposed to be released until April 13th in the first place, then the programmers at E! screwed up.  The next logical step in a closed vote would be to take the viewer to a "Thanks to all of the participants in the SOS campain.  Voting is now closed.  Come back to this here Watch With Kristin section at E Online next Friday to find out who won!"  Instead, it reset to the ballot.  There's simply no telling right now if the original results are now gone (in which case EVERYONE should keep voting -- I know I am) or all of the shows' fans who voted should IMO simply call a truce and abide by the original results and call for Kristin to abide by the original results, since they're so well-publicized already.

7 -- One extra thing that makes Gg fans a bit skittish about the results is that Kristin burnt a lot of bridges at Gg Central by her handling of the Pissy Polly awards flap two years ago, which several of us strongly suspect resulted in getting Kristin banned from the Gg set (and has clearly resulted in her getting Gg news later than other legitimate media sources).  While I personally give Kristin the benefit of the doubt and this is just a stupid programming glitch, it's still I think impossible to justify NOT continuing to vote until the E! tech monkeys fix the problem, just to CYA.  OTOH, I've already suggested that the various fandoms call a truce, no matter how the initial votes turned out, so I'm definitely conflicted on what we can do other than what I've already emailed to Kristin, which is to throw out any votes placed after 11:59pm PDT, per the original deadline for the vote.  We don't if that's even possible because it's the weekend and there's some question as to whether or not anyone at E! that can do anything about it is working during the weekend.

8 -- On the other hand, the CW airs and Warner Studio owns/produces all three of the frontrunners in the vote, Gg, VM and OTH.  I somehow suspect that the network and studio don't have as vested an interest in remaining neutral in the voting results as they might be if all three shows had anywhere near the same chance of being renewed -- Ostroff already has indicated substantial interest in retaining OTH when she spoke at the Winter TCAs, especially since OTH retained a much better percentage of ANTM's audience than VM ever did.  Meanwhile, everything coming out of Veronicaland other than RT's denials indicate that that show is toast no matter what happens (and FTR, I'm a fan of VM and a graduate of "Hearst College" -- SDSU -- in reality).  So the show that would benefit the most from SOS leverage would be Gg (see also reasons #1-3 above).  It seems to me that the studio and network would be able to use the initial voting results most efficiently, most beneficially, with Gg than with either of its other two frontrunners.

JM2C

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai is the hottest fangeek ever.  I mean, look at how gorgeous she is and yet still has the strange attachment to her videotape collection that all of us geeks who taped everything in the 80's when we were teenagers still have.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:30:06 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
hockeychic0825
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2675 on: April 07, 2007, 01:52:26 pm »

I am at your service I know everything you need to know about lauren graham, I am a walking fact book so ask me any thing, I can answer any thing about alexis or any other charecters also I have a very good source that gives me my info...its called....hours on google...no joke, I got it all. I am going to help save gimore girls.

If your going to write a letter , write it to lauren and alexis. The fate of Gilmore Girls lies in there hands. Literly they sign the contract.

*~aNnA~* 
made by lucie
 [img]http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u99/iYgilmore/?action=view&current=together-in-the-end.jpg[/img}
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2676 on: April 07, 2007, 02:01:31 pm »

I guess we should continue to vote.  We wouldn't want to lose our lead over a computer glitch.
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2677 on: April 07, 2007, 02:08:09 pm »

edit*********i got a question about an episode.. which one was it where rory goes to a party with jess which ends up with jess and dean in a fight?
i cant remember which one it was
This isn't the best place to post that.
But, its Called "Keg! Max!" Season 3, Episode 19.
One of my favorites. =]]

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2678 on: April 07, 2007, 02:15:57 pm »

Okay so I have like 9 pages of reading to catch up with this thread so I'm going to do that now.  I can't wait to read everybodies comments about their feelings when they saw the results.

I just want to remind everyone that whilst we are ecstatic to be the winners, Heidi has always run a fantastic, friendly site, and she would be against any 'bashing' of the other shows.  She would want us to be gracious winners and continue along with the great integrity and dignity that we have shown so far throughout the 2 months of the Great8Mandate campaign.  If any mud slinging is occurring on the other boards, leave it there.  That is not what this site is about.

Having said that....CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!   WE WON!!!!! Grin Grin Grin

BTW, I'm not sure if she has stopped in here because I haven't read it all, but Heidi knows about it!!

Please read Forum Rules
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2679 on: April 07, 2007, 02:22:31 pm »

Grin  I'm so excited right now!  I've been so nervous all night...and I can't wait though till the offical results come out this Friday!  What a great thing people!  Good job everyone with your voting and dedication!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2680 on: April 07, 2007, 02:32:03 pm »

Hi guys,

Just to remind everyone, I'm currently in the middle of nowhere America visiting family for Easter.  My Internet access is limited ... and limited to dial-up at that.

I can't say I know any more about the SOS poll than anyone else.  As of last night, the proper day the poll should have closed, it appeared like we won.  I have no idea why the voting has reopened.  If you want to continue voting, please do.  However, I would hope that that E! honors their advertised 'end date'.

Additionally, as Caryn said, let's remember to be gracious winners.  The Great8Mandate has always been a positive campaign.  I've said that from day one.  Yes, we want Gilmore Girls to come back for another season, but other fans want their shows to come back just as badly.  There's no reason to knock them for theit dedication.  Be positive.  It's the classy way to be. Wink

Congrats on our semi-official win!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2681 on: April 07, 2007, 03:46:10 pm »

Yeah, that scares me.. about how the voting is still open.. I don't like that.. it needs to be closed.. I don't understand Huh?

Should we keep voting?  How do we know when it's over now!  this kinda sucks.. I wish we could get ahold of Kristin...

I e-mailed her and told her they're still open.. these votes might not even count.. or they might.. I don't know what she's gonna say.. hopefully they know quickly.. that we already saw the results and the polls are re-opened.. which is confusing.. I think we should still vote all crazy like.. just to ensure our victory.. I know I will be..
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 03:51:54 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2682 on: April 07, 2007, 03:55:52 pm »

I'm going to continue to vote as well.  I emailed Kristin too.  Hopefully votes after the deadline won't count, but just to be safe maybe we should keep the votes coming!!   Wink
javajunkie4life
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2683 on: April 07, 2007, 03:59:10 pm »

I will keep voting as well just in case but I do hope that the votes don't count.

Thanks for the sig Emily!!

Season 8!

Because they haven't had their middle.
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2684 on: April 07, 2007, 04:01:11 pm »

i'm thinking about voting too just in case, and i think i may write Kristin a little email as well.

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

Pages: 1 ... 177 178 [179] 180 181 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: