The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 19, 2017, 05:43:55 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1730557 times)
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2655 on: April 07, 2007, 11:53:23 am »

^That pic doesn't show up for me anymore i dont get it! lol!

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: April 07, 2007, 11:58:49 am »

i just tryed and i dont get it ether.
anyther member posted this picture before.. so thats where i got it. 

its really confusing Huh

sarah =)
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2657 on: April 07, 2007, 11:59:57 am »

Yes that does not come up anymore when you go to the voting page.  It did after the poll closed and it did this morning.  It somehow got taken off, so its scary to say that we do not know who won for sure.  Kristen said that she would be announcing the winner on the 13th.  So I think the page got taken down.  But after showing GG with the highest percentage it would be unfair if another show was announced the winner.  And the poll closed last night so I don't think voting anymore will help, but hey what do I know!

-Amy-

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: April 07, 2007, 12:02:07 pm »

yeah i agree with you Amy.
so hopefully we won! Smiley

sarah =)
alyssa2276
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

You jump, I jump Jack

View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: April 07, 2007, 12:05:19 pm »

what episode was it where jess and dean got into a fight at a party??!!  Huh
edit*******: nvm i found it
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 12:14:14 pm by alyssa2276 » Logged

Rory: You feel better now?
Lorelai: Waffle's very happy.

I'm telling you, if she throws up you're golden XD
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: April 07, 2007, 12:17:15 pm »

As of ri9ght now, about 2:11 CDT/12:00pm PDT, a full 12 hours after voting closed, going to the ballot page brings up the ballot again instead of the results page.  So time to disable those cookies and vote early, vote often again.  I'm hoping that this is just a glitch, but I emailed Kristin at [email protected] to bring the issue to her attention. 

Heidi, please keep the page of this thread with the screenshot of Gg getting 40% of the vote bookmarked because if it's announced next week on the website or on E! News that any show other than Gg won, then we've got cause to complain to E! and to various newspaper columnists and other news outlets, particluarly those on the Interwebnets thingie.

Best,
Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai fakes that she doesn't know anything about math even though she has a degree in business administration.
divine
Town Resident

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2661 on: April 07, 2007, 12:18:54 pm »

But after showing GG with the highest percentage it would be unfair if another show was announced the winner.  And the poll closed last night so I don't think voting anymore will help, but hey what do I know!

-Amy-

.. that's my only concern too. Sure, there must be many, many votes to push GG away from first place, but what if? I mean we already celebrated, posted like 20 pages and everything .. Ok away with the back thoughts now!! Smiley  
Maybe they just took away the results after they realized that they still keep changing (as long as our percentage goes up, I don't care Wink ) - that's what I hope for .. because I reread Kristin's blog (were she annouces the SOS campaign) and there it said something like: 2) check back on 6th April to find out about the results (we added this for all the anxious souls) .... I'd post the link, but when I went to the page today, I didn't find anything about the campaign on E!Online.

I guess, now we just have to wait until next Friday when Kristin announces the results --- or at least as long as she will punt anything new about the poll on her site. Until then I am going to vote whenever I have time ..

.. As for the book idea .. I love it!! and I would definitely participate, although I'm a little worried, that books from Europe might not reach her in time .. but it's worth a try .. so Ashley - count me in  Wink

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2662 on: April 07, 2007, 12:20:14 pm »

And someone should email her and tell ask why we can still vote, because this is really making me wonder..But great email Rob, hope she responds soon!

*Lauren*

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: April 07, 2007, 12:23:33 pm »

And someone should email her and tell ask why we can still vote, because this is really making me wonder..But great email Rob, hope she responds soon!

Actually, I did just email her and ask that question -- and asked that all votes cast after the deadline be thrown out.  However, we don't know if they've got a tabulation program that can do just that, so my recommendation is that we protect our lead by continuing the voting campaigns/calls for voting/whatever it's called, the 15 adn 30-minue voting blasts indefinitely, until we can't vote again and the results come back up.

-- Rob

------------------
Season 8:  Because we need to know why a rich Irish family with plenty of second cousins running about has only *one* child, when rich Irish families (even Protestants, like the Gilmores are) tend to have huge broods.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 12:27:39 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2664 on: April 07, 2007, 12:25:14 pm »

Yeah, I just realized thats basically what the email said. haha I'm sorry that was extremely dumb of me. Pleased

*Lauren*

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: April 07, 2007, 12:30:26 pm »

so someone does have a full screenshot of the results?
many of us will be very dissapointed if the results are changed and that will deffinatly not be fair! i like Robs idea to complain if things do not turn out as they should.

i think everyone should keep an eye on the website and check back every once in a while to see if the results come up again, or even change by the littlest percent.

sarah =)
alyssa2276
Stars Hollow Tourist

You jump, I jump Jack

View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: April 07, 2007, 12:38:26 pm »

wait.. srry ive been away for a while.. whats going on with the poll? Huh

Dywin
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: April 07, 2007, 12:40:22 pm »

On behalf of the fans of other CW shows, I'd like to explain why people were upset with the results of the SOS poll.

I'd like to preface this by saying that I am a Gilmore Girls fan of sorts, and have no ill will towards the show. In the first two seasons GG was one of my favourite shows ever, and while I haven't loved it as much since then, and no longer watch regularly, I do still find the show enjoyable, and am happy for opportunities to catch the many reruns shown on various cable stations in my television market. I would be more than happy for an extra season's worth of episodes to watch were the show to be renewed for an 8th season.

That said, here's why fans of OTH, VM, and SPN (one of which I love, one of which I like, and one of which holds no interest for me) are upset at the results.

1. It's not the results per se that many people find hard to believe. It's no secret that of the endangered CW series (the top four series in the CW poll, incidentally), GG has the highest ratings. Therefore GG getting the most votes in and of itself was not much of a shocker. If the initial results, which had GG at 37% and VM in 2nd with 34%, had stood, this would have made sense, particularly in light of the fact we'd been told it was a close race. In such a scenario, no one would have cried foul, except maybe a few teenyboppers popping up on various boards to post in all-lowercase that gg couldnt have won, because they voted for oth a million gazillion times and so did their sisters dog.
What started the rumours of some sort of misconduct were the constantly changing results. When the poll closed, GG had 37%, VM had 34%, OTH 17%. 17 minutes later VM had dropped to 33%, with What About Brian gaining (from 2% to 3%). Within another less that 15 minutes, What About Brian had dropped back down, and GG had climbed to 38%. Later in the day GG climbed to 39%, with What About Brian dropping to 1%. Then What About Brian then climbed back to 3%, while VM dropped to 32% and OTH dropped to 16%. Later GG gained another percentage point, climbing to 40% at What About Brian's expense. All this was still going on about ten hours after the polls closed. I have screencaps from throughout the day to prove all this, if anyone's interested.
So, how did the gap between 1st and 2nd grow from 3% to 8%, and the gap between 1st and 3rd from 20% to 24% after the polls were already closed? And What is it About poor Brian that his numbers keep going up and down and up again and down again all day? This all seems very fishy. It doesn't mean someone who supports GG is behind it, but it certainly makes all of the results seem suspect.

2. The point of the SOS poll is to give a show publicity, hopefully raising the ratings a little in this crucial time period. Its effect on executives is a little harder to sell. GG needs help in neither of these things- the ratings are fine, and TPTB already really, really want to renew the show. Winning the SOS poll isn't going to convince Alexis Bledel to stay on for another season. Therefore, fans of other shows feel that GG shouldn't even have been included in the poll in the first place, and a GG win is just a waste of a shot that could have gone to a show that it might have genuinely helped.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here, just to explain some of the misconceptions as to why other fans are upset with GG's win.

Anyway, if GG has indeed won (which is likely), and it helps save the show (very unlikely), then congratulations!
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: April 07, 2007, 12:41:37 pm »

Maybe they posted them by mistake and then they relized they were not suppose to post them until friday and took them down I don't know just a thought Smiley
alyssa2276
Stars Hollow Tourist

You jump, I jump Jack

View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: April 07, 2007, 12:53:03 pm »

could be...

Pages: 1 ... 176 177 [178] 179 180 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »