The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 10:34:52 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732900 times)
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2535 on: April 07, 2007, 02:03:05 am »

Just to let everyone know, 1) I'm an insomniac   Grin  and 2) as of 3:34 CDT where I am (Central MO)/1:34 PDT, the results are the same as the last update posted here a couple of pages with Gg at 38%, VM at 33% and OTH at 17%, with everything else statistically insignificant.  I think that's the final tally.

As far as the VM meanies go, VM was doomed anyway, SOS wasn't going to be able to save it this year because the ratings sucked, so it's better that they didn't win as they weren't humiliated by being the first SOS winner to not go on to another season.

Meanwhile, winning the SOS gives Lauren and the studio a bit of extra leverage to try to convince Alexis to stay with the show and perhaps a LOT more encouragement to Lauren to stay with the show even if Alexis does not.

-- Rob

I'm an insomniac too which is why, even though I was almost falling off my chair seconds ago, I'm fine now lol Cheesy

Yea the results are the same still Grin I think thats the final tally!!!

Yea it did save them from embarasment and they should be happy! At least they got second place!! Did they seriously think they were going to win over a show that has been on for 7 YEARS!! The fan base is obviously going to be bigger! I can understand it winning over OTH because they are about the show in seasons and it definately has been on longer then SPN so it might have a bigger fanbase (I still think SPN should have won above it though) so what do they have to complain about? Huh

Yea I think winning the SOS will definately help convince them to stay!!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2536 on: April 07, 2007, 02:09:11 am »

Yeah, it would be pretty cool if we could actually do that daisies-thing. And now, with thed SOS-poll being finished, we have more time to concentrate on a special action like that.

I for one - am really tired from all that late-night-voting (I mean it's already 11 am here lol) but I wanted to stay up until the end and was kind of hoping that we will get the results this night (although I didn't actually expect that).

It is soo great that we won and how everyone helped and participated in the voting .. Now I am curious about Kristin's next update and what she is going to say about GG winning the poll and the next steps.

Good night everyone - I am sure we will have it, as the night turned out to be really successful for us  Wink

Chrissi
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: April 07, 2007, 03:54:24 am »

i also voted for our girls and hopefully that'll help.
when i'm on the internet i always visit "my" german forum and there
are so many people who want an eighth season and who are annoyed by
all the spoilers/foilers and the cw cause they don't let the fans know if they'll give us another season or not!
i think we deserve another season cause the last two were not good at all...and we deserve to get information from the channel.

i hope i didn't make too many mistakes Smiley

...angel without wings
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: April 07, 2007, 04:15:02 am »

This is just a re-cap for all our US members who are about to wake up today.

The E! Online Poll finished last night and all the dedication and hard work from Heidi and all our Mandate Supporters paid off.  While we were not expecting any results until nest week, the moment voting was over it took us to a results page that looked like this:

The Results:

Save One Show

(0%) 30 Rock
(0%) The Class
(0%) Close to Home
(1%) Crossing Jordan
(0%) Friday Night Lights
(38%) Gilmore Girls
(0%) How I Met Your Mother
(0%) Jericho
(0%) Medium
(0%) The Nine
(17%) One Tree Hill
(0%) Scrubs
(0%) Six Degrees
(2%) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
(7%) Supernatural
(33%) Veronica Mars
(2%) What About Brian

Yep that's right.....WE WON!!!!!!

Now we just need to continue with the rest of the Season 8 campaign.  So don't forget to write those letters and emails and send them to all the contacts on the first page of this thread

Season 8 or bust

Edit:  I just went back to the poll results page and now we are at 39%. 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 04:44:57 am by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: April 07, 2007, 05:35:31 am »

This is the best! And, now I'm off to Ausiellos poll!!!

<3 ash

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: April 07, 2007, 05:51:46 am »

YAY!! WE WON!!!!!

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: April 07, 2007, 06:04:49 am »

AHHHHHHHHHHH WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  YAYAYAYAYAY!!!!! GO TEAM GO TEAM!!!!  I knew we could do it!!!! 37% baby!!!!   GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: April 07, 2007, 06:06:19 am »

yeah, the results page keeps changing, but we're still in first.. each time.. its at 37% for GG now.. but it says we won.. so whatever! 

Now its back to 39%.. lol.. we definately won tho!!! I am so excited!! So happy!!! I  screamed when I saw that this morning!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 06:09:13 am by Stillstanding » Logged

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: April 07, 2007, 06:11:44 am »

I was just on it and it said 39%... whatever though... 37%, 39%, it all still rocks!!!

And guys, I would just like to clarify, the more votes that one show gets the more that the other percentages go down... so, I'm sure that there were 5 shows in a tight race... at one point... we just kicked it up and rocked it in the end... so now we see how much it really helped Smiley

<3 ash

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: April 07, 2007, 06:16:33 am »

yeah!!! I just checked it and whouldn't ya know, Gilmore Girls is SO amazing!!!! lol
This SO better help them decide for season8!!!
The only next closest is VM, then all the rest are WAY below!
COME ON SEASON EIGHT!!!!!!!!!
Clover

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: April 07, 2007, 06:22:23 am »

Ok, so I just did my research "Bledel enjoys reading, hiking, taking photographs and spending time with her family and friends. She also works with First Book, a nonprofit organization, which gives books to the poor. "

Now, to clarify so Rob doesnt think I mean that we would be metaphorically throwing the books at Alexis' head ( Smiley ), I was thinking that if we did all send Alexis our favorite old books, we could write something on the inside to the effect of.." Alexis, we loved this book, Rory would love this book, and I'm sure you will too! When you're done, they can all go to First Book!"

Now, I know that a couple of you PM'ed me about this idea, so I'm just re-posting the idea to see if anybody else is interested. I'm not bashing the daisy idea, I'm more than willing to send some daisies... but I think this would be a more viable idea for those who cannot afford $30-$40 plus shipping. This would just be shipping!

<3 ash

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: April 07, 2007, 06:25:30 am »

You know what I find really funny... When I was looking at the other boards, like VM forums.. I never once saw them say that they think GG is going to try and beat them.. and they were talking about how OTH might beat them... never mentioned GG.. I think we surprized the crap outta them when they looked at the results.. hehehe...  Grin  LOL.. like look here at the VM CW page.. lol.. they are so mad!!! they think it's rigged or something.. http://lounge.cwtv.com/showthread.php?t=97726

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: April 07, 2007, 06:34:16 am »

They make me so mad. We definetely worked super hard to win. I voted over 10,000 times yesterday... me alone- 10,000 times. I dont know why they think it's rigged... and do they not understand that the more onbe show is voted for the more other percentages go down? I mean, Im sure that all of those shows werent so damn low... until we stepped up.

Errrr.

<3 ash

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: April 07, 2007, 06:43:27 am »

what didn't we win in?

We Won in the e! one with 39%, the next closet was Veronica Mars with 33%

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: April 07, 2007, 06:44:18 am »

Yeah, polls tend to go up and down at the very end, b/c it's trying to get in all those last minute votes, and we just had alot of thos.. we worked much harder than they ever would think to do.. so.. I don't think Kristin will even write them back.. lol she'll probably think they'll just stupid

Yeah, we won... we're just looking at how VM is so mad.. and they are blaming Kristin on the polls for their misfortune.. its stupid.. lol.. We won.. fair and square  Grin  Celebrate!!!

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: