The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 06:02:11 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764859 times)
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #2520 on: April 07, 2007, 12:39:43 am »

Vote for GG!

TV Guide.com: http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2521 on: April 07, 2007, 12:41:44 am »

I hear that the E! and CW forums are going a little nuts, saying that the network already wants us back, and "why vote".....

I guess that these people don't understand why a network even puts show on:  $$$$$

If they see that there are enough people who will watch another season, and thus watch another season's worth of commercials, then that's big in their eyes.  When the big-wigs are in a board meeting, they are interested in the dollars and cents.  We are the dollars and cents.  And in turn, they may just offer the cast more money and incentive to have a Season 8....

Smiley

This is a very important point that conrad makes here.  The E! boards are complaining that GG shouldn't have been in the poll and we were stupid for voting for it when the network already wants it back.  But the results mean that the network knows it has more dollars to throw the Girls way, if that is the persuader!!

I don't know whether to be happy or not.  I'm concerned at the change in percentage. Undecided
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:32:35 am by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
yensid85
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2522 on: April 07, 2007, 12:44:07 am »

Well, our percentage is going up, which is good. But I don't think the percentages should be changing. I mean, voting is closed, right?

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2523 on: April 07, 2007, 12:46:17 am »

I hear that the E! and CW forums are going a little nuts, saying that the network already wants us back, and "why vote".....

I guess that these people don't understand why a network even puts show on:  $$$$$

If they see that there are enough people who will watch another season, and thus watch another season's worth of commercials, then that's big in their eyes.  When the big-wigs are in a board meeting, they are interested in the dollars and cents.  We are the dollars and cents.  And in turn, they may just offer the cast more money and incentive to have a Season 8....

Smiley

Exactly! We don't know what Kristen is going to do about the poll results which is why we were on that list. She obviously has big plans and not just to try and convince the network the show should come back, if that was it, she wouldn't have put GG on that poll since she was the one that reported the network was gonna do "all it takes" to get the show back! Maybe Kristen will help everyone convince Alexis to do more! We don't know! I know that winning that poll will help GG, the network will probably throw more money out to get the girls back and that may just be what we need to get Alexis back!

Its good that our percent is the percent going up but it makes me nervous that the percentage did that! Undecided

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2524 on: April 07, 2007, 12:52:08 am »

Smiley

Exactly! We don't know what Kristen is going to do about the poll results which is why we were on that list. She obviously has big plans and not just to try and convince the network the show should come back, if that was it, she wouldn't have put GG on that poll since she was the one that reported the network was gonna do "all it takes" to get the show back! Maybe Kristen will help everyone convince Alexis to do more! We don't know! I know that winning that poll will help GG, the network will probably throw more money out to get the girls back and that may just be what we need to get Alexis back!

Its good that our percent is the percent going up but it makes me nervous that the percentage did that! Undecided

Maybe technically, the voting page still works, but they don't count after 11:59 pdt?

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2525 on: April 07, 2007, 01:01:01 am »

Well, our percentage is going up, which is good. But I don't think the percentages should be changing. I mean, voting is closed, right?

While voting is technically closed as of midnight pacific time (ie: almost an hour ago as I type this), it could be that their tabulation program has just been tabulating the latest results.  With the amount of votes coming in, I seriously doubt that any of the vote results we're getting are based on real-time continued voting if we're getting vote results directly in the SOS column at E! right now.  That Gg is breaking away even further so far sounds great to me because it pulls Gg beyond the margin of error for scientific polls (which this one is not, it was a competition) and, moreover, gives Gg more space beyond which VM votes could possibly improve.  Fingers crossed 'cause, as with poltical elections, the results don't all come in at once.

-- Rob

-----------------
Season 8:  Because an 8 turned sideways looks like boobs and that just makes me think of Lorelai's preoccupation with the size of Rory's boobs and her lack of recognition that size doesn't matter.
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2526 on: April 07, 2007, 01:03:17 am »

Smiley

Maybe technically, the voting page still works, but they don't count after 11:59 pdt?

Ya maybe there were people with tabs still open when the results came out and they were still voting and when they were finished, Kristen add it in!

And to answer some of the confusing questions like why we got the results so early and why she put GG on the poll (even though we all know why Wink )

2. Check back next Friday to see current voting rankings. (We've added in this step for all you overanxious souls!)

3. Come back Apr. 13 to find out this year's grand-prize SOS winner.

The winner receives show-saving promotion in all three of our mediums—E! Online, E! News and the Vine. Plus, I personally will deliver your show-saving plea directly to the network execs of the winning show, so feel free to share your show-saving message in the Comments section below.

So GG will be on tv!

Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #2527 on: April 07, 2007, 01:08:08 am »

How many votes did we have tallied all together from all of the fast votings going on?? I was just curious...

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #2528 on: April 07, 2007, 01:12:08 am »

This evening tally alone was well over 10,000 votes.  And that was from the people that were counting.  I have almost 1000 PM's in my inbox at the moment and lots of them were people telling me they were voting but not keeping track of the amount.  So kudos to all of us, because that was a great effort.

Caryn
xxx

Please read Forum Rules
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2529 on: April 07, 2007, 01:17:47 am »

Wow 10,000? Shocked Thats not even all of them tonight!!! Great work everyone!! Grin I voted more then 1,000 times today, my sister voted 130 times! We did it!!!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2007, 01:41:16 am by go_clo » Logged

Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #2530 on: April 07, 2007, 01:21:33 am »

Wow! Great effort EVERYONE! I can only imagine what our total was, and I'm glad everyone pulled together and voted and had other friends and family voting too.

This really worked in our favor! I'm so glad.

THANKS TO EVERYONE!!! WONDERFUL JOB!!!

go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2531 on: April 07, 2007, 01:23:59 am »

^It did, I'm so happy Cheesy Grin Even though I'm still slightly worried! Undecided

Well I gotta go to bed, its like 2:30 here and I'm exhausted and falling asleep in my chair since the excitement wore off, I gotta get to bed and I'll be back tomorrow chatting and voting on TVGs poll!

Great work everyone! We did it! Grin

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2532 on: April 07, 2007, 01:43:51 am »

Just to let everyone know, 1) I'm an insomniac   Grin  and 2) as of 3:34 CDT where I am (Central MO)/1:34 PDT, the results are the same as the last update posted here a couple of pages with Gg at 38%, VM at 33% and OTH at 17%, with everything else statistically insignificant.  I think that's the final tally.

As far as the VM meanies go, VM was doomed anyway, SOS wasn't going to be able to save it this year because the ratings sucked, so it's better that they didn't win as they weren't humiliated by being the first SOS winner to not go on to another season.

Meanwhile, winning the SOS gives Lauren and the studio a bit of extra leverage to try to convince Alexis to stay with the show and perhaps a LOT more encouragement to Lauren to stay with the show even if Alexis does not.

-- Rob

------------------
Season 8:  Because I want to take the VIP tour of Warner Studios while the show is still going and I won't be in SoCal until Comic-Con.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #2533 on: April 07, 2007, 01:56:01 am »

Meanwhile, winning the SOS gives Lauren and the studio a bit of extra leverage to try to convince Alexis to stay with the show and perhaps a LOT more encouragement to Lauren to stay with the show even if Alexis does not.

-- Rob

------------------
Season 8:  Because I want to take the VIP tour of Warner Studios while the show is still going and I won't be in SoCal until Comic-Con.

This is my biggest happy point about the whole thing.  Now there is more proof, not only for the studio to throw more money the Girls way, but for the actors to use as persuasion. 

I'm feeling very good about the result now.  I think it may have been a little delay in the last few votes fluctuating the percentage that gave us a scare. Smiley

Please read Forum Rules
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #2534 on: April 07, 2007, 02:00:02 am »

Man I wished I could have voted tonight. I voted like 1150 times over 2 days so I guess I did my part. YEA! Gilmore Girls won! I'm so psyched! Grin Now if we could get 1000 yellow daisies to Lauren and Alexis with the quote "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?" that would be so cool. There's got to be something special we could do to show our appreciation for the show and the cast in a big way. Gilmore Girls has helped save my relationship with my only child who is 16. I learned how to be a loving mother to my daughter and to never give up on her even with all of her severe emotional problems. I laughed when I wanted to cry and shared some special GG moments with my daughter as a way to bond with her. Lorelai's love for Rory has been instrumental in helping me find  hope for myself as the single parent of a severely mentally ill daughter and it helped me find a way to connect with my child through all of her pain. I want to see one more season to really wrap things up with the storylines. My daughter and I thank everyone who has been so supportive of GG and our Great8Mandate!

Let's keep up the great work. It's not over til it's over and we still have a chance. Grin

Until next time...Live passionately, love unconditionally, laugh often and keep Mandating! We can do it! Grin       Smitten Lori

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
Pages: 1 ... 167 168 [169] 170 171 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: