The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 07:56:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732197 times)
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2505 on: April 07, 2007, 12:21:20 am »

If it helps, the only thing I mean literally is that if Sookie thinks Lorelai looks great topless, then I want proof -- nay, I *demand* proof!   Blow Kiss

-- Rob

I'm with ya there.

Count me in.

Shocked

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2506 on: April 07, 2007, 12:21:29 am »

Plus... I still dont understand why you associate books with being thrown at your head. Has it happened before???

Ash hun, there is an expression that says  "..throw the book at them", so I think that is what shutuprob is referring to.  It has quite a negative meaning behind it.

Yep.  That's exactly how I meant it -- I was totally punning on the definition of the term "throw the book," as "throw" could be to throw the proverbial book at a person *or* to send a book to her.

If it helps, the only thing I mean literally is that if Sookie thinks Lorelai looks great topless, then I want proof -- nay, I *demand* proof!   Blow Kiss

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai gives better dating tips to Kirk than Luke does.  Well, less judgmental, more empathetic dating tips, that is.

Hehehehe Rob, I hope you never leave these boards.  I find you so amusing Grin

Please read Forum Rules
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #2507 on: April 07, 2007, 12:23:59 am »

3% is all that separated us from VM...I wonder how much that really is. They were hardcore voting too compared to every other show.
I'd like to know also.  I never knew VM had such a dedicated fanbase, IDK... never paid attention to the show much  Tongue  I thought supernatural would have been close behind GG, too... it's a great show and they have some pretty crazy fans.. or so I thought.
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #2508 on: April 07, 2007, 12:25:31 am »

Kristen made it sound like there were 5 shows in the running. Looking at the scores...VM and GG were the only 2 that looked solid. OTH and SN were way far behind. Maybe those 2 shows slacked somewhere in their voting. The rest of the shows were 0-2%.  I was surprised to see so many 0%'s too.

WAY TO GO GG!!!!!!!!!! 

go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2509 on: April 07, 2007, 12:29:03 am »

And I would like to give a shout out to Caryn, who was also instrumental in getting the voting going, and a big part of it.

Kiss

Totally with you on that!
To Caryn Hearts Smiley

"Because without whom, we would have no reason to get up in the morning"

(I had to use a GG quote sometime) Wink

haha its so funny, no one even cares about the results of everyones votes, we are just too happy we won!!
haha the people at E!Online don't believe its true Grin They don't think its the official word of Kristen!
It is kinda weird though, she said that the first 3 were at a close fight, theres only 2 at a close fight! Huh

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
yensid85
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2510 on: April 07, 2007, 12:31:22 am »

I went back to look at the SOS poll and it now shows GG with 38%. I wonder what that's about?

go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2511 on: April 07, 2007, 12:31:37 am »

Kristen made it sound like there were 5 shows in the running. Looking at the scores...VM and GG were the only 2 that looked solid. OTH and SN were way far behind. Maybe those 2 shows slacked somewhere in their voting. The rest of the shows were 0-2%.  I was surprised to see so many 0%'s too.

WAY TO GO GG!!!!!!!!!! 

Maybe, maybe us and another show were at like 5% but tonight we bumped it up to 37% and and the other shows slacked Huh Its still weird though cause even if that is what happened, what happened to the fans of those shows? They've been so dedicated this whole time and the last day of voting is when they decided to slack off? Huh If thats not what happened, why would Kristen tell us that 5 shows were beating eachother trying to make it to first only varying by a few percent?

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2512 on: April 07, 2007, 12:31:48 am »

Plus... I still dont understand why you associate books with being thrown at your head. Has it happened before???

Ash hun, there is an expression that says  "..throw the book at them", so I think that is what shutuprob is referring to.  It has quite a negative meaning behind it.

Yep.  That's exactly how I meant it -- I was totally punning on the definition of the term "throw the book," as "throw" could be to throw the proverbial book at a person *or* to send a book to her.

If it helps, the only thing I mean literally is that if Sookie thinks Lorelai looks great topless, then I want proof -- nay, I *demand* proof!   Blow Kiss

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai gives better dating tips to Kirk than Luke does.  Well, less judgmental, more empathetic dating tips, that is.

Hehehehe Rob, I hope you never leave these boards.  I find you so amusing Grin

Thanks!  

And I must say, despite my philosophical opposition to anything other than "one person, one vote," (I blame Justice Kennedy.), I just finally realized that I had to be a whore for the Lorelais for the last hour of the vote and get 133 votes in by dinky-slow dial-up.  That must have helped.   Grin

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai looks great in cashmere.
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #2513 on: April 07, 2007, 12:32:24 am »

I guess at the last minute all the GG and VM fans went absolutely nuts!!  The teeny percentages that the other shows got, are probably actually a TON of votes.  Again, I'd really like to find out exactly how many votes each show got, in addition to the percentages.  Gahh... I really cannot sleep now lol
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2514 on: April 07, 2007, 12:33:28 am »

I went back to look at the SOS poll and it now shows GG with 38%. I wonder what that's about?

What the heck?! Huh Maybe we shouldn't get our hopes up yet?

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #2515 on: April 07, 2007, 12:34:49 am »

It is kinda weird though, she said that the first 3 were at a close fight, theres only 2 at a close fight! Huh

The key though is consistency.  We are well practised now at being in it for the long haul.  If you look at the start date of this thread, and the amount of pages it has, it's only been getting stronger.  So it's very possible that we had more people voting more consistently.

And everybody deserves the pat on the back.  3% is marginal, so every vote definately counted.  But thank you guys.

Please read Forum Rules
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #2516 on: April 07, 2007, 12:36:02 am »

Yeah, now VM is at 33% and GG is at 38%    weird  Undecided

conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2517 on: April 07, 2007, 12:36:35 am »

I hear that the E! and CW forums are going a little nuts, saying that the network already wants us back, and "why vote".....

I guess that these people don't understand why a network even puts show on:  $$$$$

If they see that there are enough people who will watch another season, and thus watch another season's worth of commercials, then that's big in their eyes.  When the big-wigs are in a board meeting, they are interested in the dollars and cents.  We are the dollars and cents.  And in turn, they may just offer the cast more money and incentive to have a Season 8....

Smiley

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #2518 on: April 07, 2007, 12:37:48 am »

Save One Show 2007: Vote Now!
This is your save the one show you simply must see return for another season! Every vote counts, so cast your ballot now!

The Results:

Save One Show

(0%) 30 Rock
(0%) The Class
(0%) Close to Home
(1%) Crossing Jordan
(0%) Friday Night Lights
(38%) Gilmore Girls
(0%) How I Met Your Mother
(0%) Jericho
(0%) Medium
(0%) The Nine
(17%) One Tree Hill
(0%) Scrubs
(0%) Six Degrees
(2%) Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip
(7%) Supernatural
(33%) Veronica Mars
(2%) What About Brian

I'm just going to keep an update here so we have a record of it!  Very weird.

Please read Forum Rules
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #2519 on: April 07, 2007, 12:38:31 am »

That IS very odd.........  our percentage better not go down any.. Cry
Pages: 1 ... 166 167 [168] 169 170 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: