The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 17, 2017, 05:29:53 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1766318 times)
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2415 on: April 06, 2007, 08:49:14 pm »

This is fun.. but FYI, i popped over to the VM board and OTH boards and they are organizing votes also.. like doing all night voting session.. but...... they put the number of their votes on the boards..we are doing alot better  Grin  By the time im done voting tonight, I just might finish this bag of cheetos lol.. a big bag too..  Tongue

x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2416 on: April 06, 2007, 08:50:33 pm »

go_clo- Your sig is awesome! I love it!

I only got to vote like 22 times cause I had to go to church. I just came back. I'm so sorry!

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 06, 2007, 08:54:07 pm »

Ok so I guess send your votes to me Huh unless Caryn wants to count up this round?

To you this time, then I'll take back over if you like.

Yes you take next time, I gotta take a break, this is hard but fun all at the same time Cheesy

This is fun.. but FYI, i popped over to the VM board and OTH boards and they are organizing votes also.. like doing all night voting session.. but...... they put the number of their votes on the boards..we are doing alot better  Grin  By the time im done voting tonight, I just might finish this bag of cheetos lol.. a big bag too..  Tongue

haha awesome, thanks for informing us! I'm glad we thought to pm votes instead of posting them out in the open. Even though this is a farely private board since its its own community (not part of imdb or fanforum where people could just look up other shows without a hassel) we still should be careful! Smiley I'm glad we are doing better!! Cheesy

go_clo- Your sig is awesome! I love it!

I only got to vote like 22 times cause I had to go to church. I just came back. I'm so sorry!

Aww thank you Kiss Grin I was just going to say the same about yours, its awesome! I like how you have pics of the pilot in there Smiley

Don't be sorry, church comes before all else!!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 08:55:23 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
xdeartragedyx
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

I live in Stars Hollow.

View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 06, 2007, 08:55:13 pm »

Of course my computer acts up while I'm on a mission!  I voted a bunch, then it got slow and that's mostly because my internet connection sucks but might also be from so many people on the site. haha.  Anyway, i'm re-PMing my totals for the 11:30 voting session because I don't know if it went through.
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 06, 2007, 08:55:49 pm »

I know that this is off topic.. as everyone is focusing on voting, but I just thought of something.... what if: we all just send Alexis our old books that we love? That way if she didnt get all of them... it wouldnt be a waste of like $30... just shipping. Plus, I think that it would still get our point across. I mean, we could all write something on the inside cover of the books addressed to Alexis. I dunno... this is my thought... I may do it, even if I'm alone... Ive got ALOT of books that Ive already read Smiley

<3 ash

Welllllllllllllllll, I don't think we want to give Alexis the impression that we're throwing the book at her or anything.  Wink

-- Rob

-------------------------
Season 8:  Because I like the Gilmore Girls Drinking Game rule of "Take a double-shot of a McDonald's Strawberry Milkshake every time you see Lorelai wear something pink."
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 06, 2007, 08:56:08 pm »

GO_CLO gets a pretty stick from me for all of the hard work Wink

<3 ash

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 06, 2007, 08:56:59 pm »

I know that this is off topic.. as everyone is focusing on voting, but I just thought of something.... what if: we all just send Alexis our old books that we love? That way if she didnt get all of them... it wouldnt be a waste of like $30... just shipping. Plus, I think that it would still get our point across. I mean, we could all write something on the inside cover of the books addressed to Alexis. I dunno... this is my thought... I may do it, even if I'm alone... Ive got ALOT of books that Ive already read Smiley

<3 ash

Welllllllllllllllll, I don't think we want to give Alexis the impression that we're throwing the book at her or anything.  Wink

-- Rob

Season 8:  Because I like the Gilmore Girls Drinking Game rule of "Take a double-shot of a McDonald's Strawberry Milkshake every time you see Lorelai wear something pink."

Why may I ask would she think that we were throwing the books at her?  Undecided

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 06, 2007, 09:04:31 pm »

So another voting marathon in 12 minutes?

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2423 on: April 06, 2007, 09:05:51 pm »

^Good question, when is the next session?

hehe i have gilmore girls on in the background for support..keeps me motivated! Grin

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 06, 2007, 09:06:03 pm »

I'm kinda sad that we wont find out until April 13th if we won..... Sad

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 06, 2007, 09:06:33 pm »

<3 ash

-- Rob

Why may I ask would she think that we were throwing the books at her?  Undecided

Metaphorically speaking, that's kinda what sending her books would be.  At least, that's how I would take it.  Daisies are better.  Sure, daisies are Lorelai imagery, but they don't leave indentations on the head when thrown and look better when put behind the ear.   Grin

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Sookie says Lorelai looks great topless -- and I want proof.  
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 06, 2007, 09:08:53 pm »

It does suck that we won't know till the 13th Embarrassed Thats ok, we can survive!
Funny that you have GG on in the background Lauren xx 424 Cheesy

7 mins guys until next round. I won't be able to involve myself in this one unfortunately but I will be back the round after! Smiley

See ya guys in a bit!

<3 ash

Welllllllllllllllll, I don't think we want to give Alexis the impression that we're throwing the book at her or anything.  Wink

-- Rob

Season 8:  Because I like the Gilmore Girls Drinking Game rule of "Take a double-shot of a McDonald's Strawberry Milkshake every time you see Lorelai wear something pink."

Metaphorically speaking, that's kinda what sending her books would be.  At least, that's how I would take it.  Daisies are better.  Sure, daisies are Lorelai imagery, but they don't leave indentations on the head when thrown and look better when put behind the ear.   Grin

-- Rob

LMAO Cheesy a book behind the ear would look rather weird! Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 09:10:15 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 06, 2007, 09:10:14 pm »

<3 ash

-- Rob

Metaphorically speaking, that's kinda what sending her books would be.  At least, that's how I would take it.  Daisies are better.  Sure, daisies are Lorelai imagery, but they don't leave indentations on the head when thrown and look better when put behind the ear.   Grin

-- Rob

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because Sookie says Lorelai looks great topless -- and I want proof.  

My thing is that alot of people on this board are yound and probably dont have 30-40$ to spend on daisies that might not arrive... and I know I cannot afford 1000 of them on my own.

Plus... I still dont understand why you associate books with being thrown at your head. Has it happened before???

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2428 on: April 06, 2007, 09:11:27 pm »

We are trucking along well guys and gals!! Only 3 hours left.  We can do this.  I am so proud of everyone and their efforts.   Grin Lets keep up the hard work!!

Season 8 or bust!

-Amy-

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 06, 2007, 09:15:10 pm »

Plus... I still dont understand why you associate books with being thrown at your head. Has it happened before???

Ash hun, there is an expression that says  "..throw the book at them", so I think that is what shutuprob is referring to.  It has quite a negative meaning behind it.

I'm sure if you wanted to do this idea, as long as it was accompanied by a letter that explains that it is in support of Rory's reading habits, all would be fine.
I'm pretty sure something similar to this was suggested way beck at the start of the campaign.  I'm not sure if anybody went ahead and did it.

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: