The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 15, 2017, 07:15:28 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765388 times)
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2250 on: April 05, 2007, 07:24:48 pm »

Okay, so I was roaming around tonight on the CW website and found a contest that they are doing...

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/kirkstowntours

But the timeframe of the contest entry is slighty strange and frankly has me curious.  The contest time entry frame is from April 3 to June 5...and it is for a visit to the Gilmore Girls set.

Anybody see where I am going with this?

If they are ending the contest on the 5th of June...then the visit to the set would be for awhile right?  But, then how if the show is ending this year, and the filming is done in just a couple short weeks, how will this be attainable.

Just some food for thought this evening...

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #2251 on: April 05, 2007, 07:26:58 pm »

Okay, so I was roaming around tonight on the CW website and found a contest that they are doing...

But the timeframe of the contest entry is slighty strange and frankly has me curious.  The contest time entry frame is from April 3 to June 5...and it is for a visit to the Gilmore Girls set.

If they are ending the contest on the 5th of June...then the visit to the set would be for awhile right?  But, then how if the show is ending this year, and the filming is done in just a couple short weeks, how will this be attainable.

Hey.. you should be a detective!!! Thats awesome work and you definetely get a *pretty stick*!!!

Wow, what an amazing article! I hope this is the type of thing someone at the studio might see. This is really something special! Makes me glad to be a part of this group. Even if we don't get an 8th season, I know it's been worthwhile to try for it, and I'm so proud of all the commraderie I find every day on these boards. Every one of you has such incredible passion and spirit for this project, and I am lucky to be a part of it.

Also-- I second the notion about reviving the daisy idea! What an incredible impact that would have on our girls! Cheesy
And you get a pretty stick because you made me smile!!!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2252 on: April 05, 2007, 08:03:34 pm »

Whoa! That article was super good! I agree, it makes me want to do the flower idea even more, even though I know its super hard to get that organized. gahh, we just need a 8th season.

I'm off to vote!  Cool

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2253 on: April 05, 2007, 08:14:45 pm »

I agree that the flower idea should come off the back burner because it is a really great idea and look what the tabasco sauce or whatever did.  We would have to do this soon, like get the flowers sent by Monday because they are going to be done sooo soon.  And we would need at least 50 people to be sending them.  Did anybody ever find out if we could get a discount on them if we got so many from the same place?  Or maybe another idea with flowers

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #2254 on: April 05, 2007, 08:22:35 pm »

I agree that the flower idea should come off the back burner because it is a really great idea and look what the tabasco sauce or whatever did.  We would have to do this soon, like get the flowers sent by Monday because they are going to be done sooo soon.  And we would need at least 50 people to be sending them.  Did anybody ever find out if we could get a discount on them if we got so many from the same place?  Or maybe another idea with flowers

Does anyone actually live in the LA area?  That might make it easier to deal with the flower shop directly.  And we'd need to see if they would be okay with taking money from different sources.  If we had more time we could all send checks or something to one person beforehand so we would know exactly how much money we had to make an order.  We're just running really short on time here.  Do y'all think we could go through PayPal or something?  Don't know exactly how that would work-- just thinking here-- but would there be a way to set up a PayPal account just for donations and have people just send money there directly?  That way we could try to have a total amount collected by next Tuesday or Wednesday and then would know how many flowers to order.  We'd also have to give the florist a heads up as to roughly how many flowers we are looking at getting here so they'd have them in stock.  I agree on looking into a discount for such a large order....

Thoughts?

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2255 on: April 05, 2007, 08:28:13 pm »

if the paypal thing doesnt work...instead of sending checks maybe send money instead to one person? i dont know if thats a good thing to do or not.. yeahh..i dont know, but i think it would be super cool if we did this..along with all the other things we are doing. this would be the icing on the cake!

But one question, is it too late to do this?

*Lauren*

mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #2256 on: April 05, 2007, 08:38:27 pm »

if the paypal thing doesnt work...instead of sending checks maybe send money instead to one person? i dont know if thats a good thing to do or not.. yeahh..i dont know, but i think it would be super cool if we did this..along with all the other things we are doing. this would be the icing on the cake!

I honestly have no idea if it's too late.  But if everyone feels it's worth a shot, I'm in.  The thing about sending money to one person is that they would have to receive all of the money before placing the order.  I just don't think it's fair for one person to have to pay the big money and then wait for everyone else's, which may or may not come.

On the other hand, we could all just independently decide on a day to place an order for and find our own florists in LA.  That way everyone is responsible for their own order and there is no money problems.  So say we aim for next Wednesday, we just all have a boquet (or 2 or 3) of yellow daisies all sent to the same address on that particular day.  It won't work if it's on multiple days or multiple addresses really, unless we send a few boquets to Alexis's agent, a few to Lauren, a few to the set, etc.  It all depends on what strategy we decide on.  But this would need to all be nailed down and decided on BEFORE the holiday weekend, as getting orders in will just get harder and harder.

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2257 on: April 05, 2007, 08:51:34 pm »

I honestly have no idea if it's too late.  But if everyone feels it's worth a shot, I'm in.  The thing about sending money to one person is that they would have to receive all of the money before placing the order.  I just don't think it's fair for one person to have to pay the big money and then wait for everyone else's, which may or may not come.

On the other hand, we could all just independently decide on a day to place an order for and find our own florists in LA.  That way everyone is responsible for their own order and there is no money problems.  So say we aim for next Wednesday, we just all have a boquet (or 2 or 3) of yellow daisies all sent to the same address on that particular day.  It won't work if it's on multiple days or multiple addresses really, unless we send a few boquets to Alexis's agent, a few to Lauren, a few to the set, etc.  It all depends on what strategy we decide on.  But this would need to all be nailed down and decided on BEFORE the holiday weekend, as getting orders in will just get harder and harder.

Well I'm in if we can get enough help. I think it would be awesome.  Grin

*Lauren*

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2258 on: April 05, 2007, 09:19:48 pm »

I'm in on the flower idea if someone knows a for sure address to send them to and a place to buy them from.. I don't want to be sending flowers to nowhere's ville.. I want someone important from the CW or GG to see them, if not the girls themselves.  We need a solid plan to make it work out right, but the thing is.. if everyone orders from all over the place.. they might all arrive on a different day... I don't know... I loved the article by the way, that gave me GREAT hope!! Also, good detective work there on the contest thing, that also gives us a light at the end of the tunnel.... I don't know if anyone else knew this or not,  but I found this post on crazy internet people, I just like that it gives us even more happiness and hope..
"A very good friend of mine manages a "frock shop" from which GG has sourced some of its wardrobe over the past few years. They have been approached about supplying clothing over the next 6-9 months. I think that offers a wee bit of hope re: Season Eight. Yes?" - [email protected]"

Anything to brighten up our day   Grin

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2259 on: April 05, 2007, 09:29:31 pm »

Awww.. I was looking at some of the flower packages on 1800 flowers, you can send them with stuffed animal bunnies for Easter. lol.. they're cute, we should send hello kitty stuffed animals and stuff.. theres a hello kitty store at my mall.. I should buy a bunch of tiny stuff and send it to them lol.. and the movie the way we were and Casablanca... and..mallamars and coffee..(i wish the caffience patch was real like in the movie "meet the robinsons" thats coming out" I would send those to them.. lol. okay.. my mind is working over time.. Cheesy

Ok......... I just was looking at 1800 flowers.. way to expensive.. cheapest flowers are like 40 bucks.. Undecided

And, the cheapest flowers i can find at 30 bucks, most of them come with next or same day delivery, im sure theres extra charge for delivery, one has hand delivery.. and they all can get there on the same exact day if people are willing to spend like 50 bucks  Undecided  Seems like alot when we're not sure if they'll actually make it there, but I mean.. what an impact if they do recieve them!  That would be mindblowing to them!  Maybe even send a bouquet to Dawn Ostroff or someone.. Sunflowers to Alexis?  Maybe somewhere on their profiles on some site it says what kinda of flower they like.. or match up their birthdays with the flowers for that month.. like every month has a gem, every month has a flower too.. just some ideas to get  a little cheaper.. some flowers are out there for like 20 bucks.. but that still might be to much.. I don't know
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 09:51:50 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #2260 on: April 05, 2007, 09:45:53 pm »

But the timeframe of the contest entry is slighty strange and frankly has me curious.  The contest time entry frame is from April 3 to June 5...and it is for a visit to the Gilmore Girls set.

If they are ending the contest on the 5th of June...then the visit to the set would be for awhile right?  But, then how if the show is ending this year, and the filming is done in just a couple short weeks, how will this be attainable.

The other day when I saw that I thought the exact same thing. I wonder....

ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2261 on: April 05, 2007, 10:04:56 pm »

i don't know if this is reliable but i though i should post it anyway

Studio Tour - "Was also told that Lauren is signed up for another year for GG. That's a certain. Everyone is waiting on Alexis. David says that Alexis does not want to return to the show, at all. Lauren, he believes, is applying pressure to Alexis, because since she is now recorded as a producer, this helps her production company emmensely for future projects. In order to insure this status, GG must continue another yearI asked if it was possible for a partial year -- 11 episodes, to tie up loose ends. He said yes, it's possible. It's also possible to have Rory to make cameo appearances as well. David also mentioned that they could do a 2-hr movie or a mini-series (2, 2-hr movies) to complete GG. All of these ideas, David assures me, has been approached to Alexis with little or no success. Lauren is the big gun now that WB is using to help persuade her otherwise." - [email protected]

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=718988f1b09012d2984f0d179680a236&showtopic=3136193&st=1755&p=7537058&#entry7537058 (that page contains other spoilers!)

Even though this was cross-posted from TwoP, I tend to trust details given from the Tours, although even then, the information can be wide open to interpretation.  So here's the only real detail that IMO is relevant in this post:

Lauren is, according to the tour guide, signed to season 8.

IF THIS IS TRUE (I don't want to get anybody's hopes up, I'm just taking this report as truth for at least the sake of argument, but still, be prepared for anything . . .)

Putting my stage manager/dramaturge hat on (and mixing my metaphors), my gut instinct tells me:  forget that unity vow, Lauren's already changed her mind about it.  If she had any doubt about it, she wouldn't have signed an agreement in principle to go onto season 8 -- even if she has a rider in her contract saying that she can end the show if she wants to.  It is simply too late in the filming season *and* in pilot season to be putting that many cast members and crew members (at least a couple of hundred people, including the various shops, crews and teams) out of work, to make them scramble around for the dregs of what might be left in pilot season.  Also, she's got her production deal, it ends when the show ends, she knows how hard it is to get a pilot going in the first place (because she's got at least two and I think three in various stages of development through her Good Game shingle), etc.  More speculatively, perhaps Lauren has signed back on without Alexis with the intent of hoping that whether or not Alexis says yes now, she'll change her mind later.  Let Alexis have her own version of the season 6 "toughlove" journey away from the show in the mere *hope* that she'll come back to the show if/when she's ready.

I therefore suspect, I hypothesize (IOW, I speculate) that the *only* reason that a renewal hasn't been announced yet is because they *are* trying to give Alexis every opportunity to change her mind and try to save her from the bad press that will follow her even when the show goes on without her.  If I were Lauren or David or someone else on the production team, I would probably be warning Alexis that she's pretty much at the point of burning bridges not with Warners or the networks, but with the *viewers* of the show -- and because she's no Sarah Michelle Gellar or even Sisterhood castmates Amber Tamblyn or America Ferrara, she's not going to be able to make even the half-hearted, misguided jump to movies that SMG has or the jumps back and forth between TV and movies that the latter two have.  

It's a tricky situation to point out to an actor on a critically acclaimed show that even if she wants time off from the biz, she can't really burn her bridges with her viewership (much less with the studios, which already likely consider her to be a bit of a bridge-burner given how far and how often she's been reported to be dug in), as she'll pretty be having to re-audition herself to the *audience* any time that she wants to come back to the biz to do *any*thing else.  I would hope that Alexis would simply agree to have them go for a full 'nother season (at least) and backload howevermany appearances she wants to make to the end of the season -- that way, she gets to have that extended vacation, clear her mind, decide what she wants to do next, and have the continuity of staying with the show in even a reduced capacity give her so many more opportunities to make the jump back and forth between movies and the show until the show really does end (hopefully, IMO, after season 9 or 10 or 12 or something, BID.)  It would clearly be an everybody wins situation for Alexis to just say yes to a minimal committment at the end of the season.

That said, I think there are more than enough story opportunities for the show to go on without Alexis, for years even, if Lauren wants to and Alexis just does occasional one-offs at the places where Rory certainly would come back to town -- major events like marriages, funerals, births, Kirk's circumcision, etc.  As long as Alexis is a Barry Watson and not a Jessica Biel about limiting her participation in the show, her mostly being away won't hurt the show or her own reputation with the audience simply because the storyline of Lorelai dealing with an empty nest is *clearly* what they're leading to anyway.  

The rest of this tour report is clearly a case of the tour guide playing CYA and vague-ing on what s8 might be.  A 2 or 4-hour miniseries to cap the show is patently ludicrous if your show is not named Farscape or The Pretender.   Tongue   A half-season is more plausible -- and FTR, a half-season would likely NOT be the mathematical 11, as few shows do that, it'd most likely be the "front 13."  Because typical 22 episode seasons come in chunks called "front-13" and "back-9."  But I think the guide was saying yes to every type of possibility just as a longer way of saying, "They're not ruling out anything."  As a fan, I'm just gonna go ahead and rule out the ridonkulous choices for him.  Because I can.   Grin

To the people who want to send flowers:  My recommendation is -- agree on who you want the flowers to go to, Alexis and/or Lauren, although Alexis seems to be the one we need to target.  (Personally, I'd try to send 10,000 daisies to Lauren if I thought it would work.   Grin  )  Then agree on a date (the season finale is supposed to wrap next Friday, on the 13th, so I'd say either the 12th or the 13 should be the target -- agree on the type of flowers (daisies, duh) and then go to your own local florist who works with FTD.  It's too late in the year to do a major fundraiser at this point, so a targeted campaign is in order -- you're already doing it in the poll-voting, after all.  It's just that you'd be doing one huge one with flowers.

go_clo, thank you for the kind words!  Your remarks on the polling situation at E! remind me -- I kinda suspect that Gg is the show that bounded from 3rd to 1st as IMO, there *had* to have been a *huge* outpouring of votes for VM early on when it kinda looked like VM might be saved.  Now that the news has come out that WBHV will not be including a fan testimonial section on the VM s3 DVDs, allegedly because there's not enough time in the DVD's production cycle to do so, it's clear to me that VM is toast.  I'm reading that news as a strong suggestion that the s3 DVDs are coming out *much* sooner than August or September, when our wallets get slammed by all the DVDs of all the returning series coming out all at once and thus, by direct implication, VM's s3 set is coming out earlier, perhaps in time for Comic-Con because the show films in San Diego and there'd still be the possibility of them having, say, a farewell panel at the con.  Either that, or WBHV is just going to do VM DVDs on the cheap and dump them in the October-November doldrums, where the Invasion set was dumped last year.

-- Rob

----------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai should have twins sometime during the series' existence, whether certain people want to do the storyline or not.  And because I want to imagine Lorelai having a sex life.
jacquie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2262 on: April 05, 2007, 10:10:39 pm »

hey i have a thought on the flowers idea, why dont you set up an account with a flower shop and everyone can call up and put in the money they want to donate

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2263 on: April 05, 2007, 11:07:53 pm »

Wow Rob, that was great incite!  I like reading what you have to say, b/c it puts real life meaning behind things and locagical decisions that people in their right minds would make in real life.. so yeah I agree with all that.  I think they are coming back, and just trying to see how many dedicated fans are out there and how many are showing support, just to get a good boost on season 8, so when they announce it, which they will, we will all party like theres no tomorrow, thats what they want  Grin  I just can't wait until they finally announce it, it's going to be like the greatest day of my life lol .. so far  Tongue  Well i voted like a bajillion times, im really knocking them out until voting stops tomorrow like at 3 am my time lol I really wish we could do the flower idea, its expensive  Embarrassed

JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2264 on: April 06, 2007, 12:10:51 am »

I'm such an idiot I thought tonight was the last to vote and I live in the Eastern Time Zone so I had been voting continuiously with only an half hour break from 9:30PM to what time is it now.... 3:07 AM thinking maybe the Pacific Time Zone hadn't hit 11:59 yet.  Wall Not to mention I have been sick ALL day and Night so I REALLY feel like crap now   Roll Eyes but I guess it's worth it I must've added 500 votes there.  Cellphone  High Five

Also, Jillian that is crazy that it snowed today...definitely a sign!
Oh BTW there are reports of snow coming around my area on Saturday morning if any cares. That would be April 7th my mother's Bday!  Grin
« Last Edit: April 06, 2007, 12:24:02 am by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Pages: 1 ... 149 150 [151] 152 153 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: