The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 02:04:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764095 times)
Lauren-Junkie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

GG, Golden Retrievers,books- That's me!

View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: April 05, 2007, 09:50:48 am »

i don't know if this is reliable but i though i should post it anyway

Studio Tour - "Was also told that Lauren is signed up for another year for GG. That's a certain. Everyone is waiting on Alexis. David says that Alexis does not want to return to the show, at all. Lauren, he believes, is applying pressure to Alexis, because since she is now recorded as a producer, this helps her production company emmensely for future projects. In order to insure this status, GG must continue another yearI asked if it was possible for a partial year -- 11 episodes, to tie up loose ends. He said yes, it's possible. It's also possible to have Rory to make cameo appearances as well. David also mentioned that they could do a 2-hr movie or a mini-series (2, 2-hr movies) to complete GG. All of these ideas, David assures me, has been approached to Alexis with little or no success. Lauren is the big gun now that WB is using to help persuade her otherwise." - [email protected]

http://forums.televisionwithoutpity.com/index.php?s=718988f1b09012d2984f0d179680a236&showtopic=3136193&st=1755&p=7537058&#entry7537058 (that page contains other spoilers!)

Okay, but it sounds pretty good...So good Lauren is on at least! I mean she's the best!!  And without her the show would be meaningless.
Of course it will be a pity if Alexis's  not coming back for another Season, but it would be even worse if it was Lauren...Cause I want so bad to see LL's  middle!

I support Gilmore girls season 8 by all my heart! 

LIFE IS SHORT
TALK FAST!

GILMORE GIRLS WILL ALWAYS BE IN MY HEART!
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: April 05, 2007, 09:57:53 am »

Holly-- I was just wondering if there was any way you could take a few photos of the album you made just so we could get the general idea of what it looks like.  Maybe the front and a few of the inside pages.  Would that be at all possible?

Still gettin' my vote on! http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084  Grin

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: April 05, 2007, 10:13:06 am »

So does this mean that we will be getting some kind of an 8th season, just maybe not 22 episodes? haha I'm just a little bit confusedd

I think it means that Lauren is sticking by her word by not wanting to continue without Alexis so she and everyone else are trying to convince Alexis with ideas such as only doing 11 episodes or doing a mini series or movie.

Heidi, who specifically are you mailing the 'rough' album to tomorrow?  I think it is really important that the cast get it because they are going to be done filiming in a week and won't be on the set much longer.  So please let us know a bit more about the plan.

Wow VM fans are mean!  OTH and Supernatural and us also, seem to be able to defend our show and show support for it without hoping that other shows do poorly.  And seriously, Alexis not signing on for another season doesn't change that fact that the CW knows that VM doesn't get very good ratings.  They are putting way too much energy in showing anti-support for all the other competing shows and are talking smack about not just GG but the other competitors as well.  GG is very similar to VM in the writing and having lead women characters and its ridiculous.

Yea they are really mean, go to the TV guide article about VM vs GG and read the VM comments, all they do is bash GG.
The Gilmore Girls fans are always saying how great VM is but GG is more important to them and then they move on to give excellent reasons as to why GG should continue. VM focuses there attention on saying why GG shouldn't continue instead of giving reasons as to why, despite terrible ratings, VM should continue. Then they start saying that GG is either dumb (even though they only saw like 5 seconds of it) or jumped the shark during season 5 Roll Eyes I almost want VM cancelled just because the fans seem to be turning into monsters, I dont know if its VMs fault but even if it isn't, why should VM fans get rewarded for being like this? I don't think they understand this whole situation. Just because a show is cancelled, it doesn't take there show out of the danger zone...or any show for that matter unless firmly stated by the CW that there show depends on the other getting cancelled. Gilmore Girls getting cancelled will definately not save Veronica Mars! The CW can easily throw both shows in the trash and bring in new replacement pilots, Gilmore Girls getting cancelled may help Veronica Mars fans a little but not alot. They should be focussing on giving good solid reasons as to why there show deserves to stay and should stay even though there ratings are unbelievably low!

I also noticed most of the GG comments are much more intillegent. They name reasons why GG should continue, they explain how it can benefit for everyone if it does continue and then say the show is amazing. Veronica Mars fans bash GG, give no reasons as to why it should continue, tell them the show should bring so-and-so back and then bash GG some more. Clearly we can see which show is more intelligent! Wink

Well, them mean VM fans (and I mean those who are exclusively VM fans, as opposed to those of us who are fans of both series) are in denial about VM's fate.  VM's fate has *nothing* to do with Gg's fate -- VM is toast.  It's toast no matter what RT does and it's toast no matter how many polls its viewers stuff to win those polls.  Gg gets about 80% of VM's ratings for *reruns* and PCD retained 88% of Gg's audience after a *new* episode of Gg where a new episode of VM can only retain about 65% of Gg's ratings.  The success of PCD proved that the problem with VM's ratings is not the timeslot, it's the show.

So really, it's grief on the part of VM fans.  Supernatural is gonna get renewed because, frankly, it's doing so *well* against CSI and Grey's, OTH is gonna get renewed because it did well against ANTM and it looks like that's the show that Ostroff's most going to be able to protect this year.

Gg's situation affects VM not one whit.  If Gg stays, VM is gone.  If Gg goes, VM is still gone.  *I* want VM to stay, but it's gone -- its ratings are that bad -- and for gosh sakes, 7th Heaven was cancelled with a 3.4 million rating when VM has trouble reaching 2.7 million.  How thick can the VM-only fans be?

This is why I suspect that Lauren and perhaps even Alexis are allowing contract talks to continue rather than go ahead and officially announce that they're done with Gg.  They know that continuing the show is critically important to the CW's future and I suspect that at least one (Lauren) of them (Graham) wants to see *how* important the CW thinks the show is by seeing how high they'll go in negotiations, if they can make her an offer so ridonkulously good that she really can't refuse it.  *That's* the only effect that VM is having -- VM's failure has gotta be driving the negotiations for Gg to a frenzied level.

-- Rob

I completely agree Rob! You are brilliant, you know that?

The timeslot thing was something I was thinking of a few days ago, no matter what timeslot VM is in, the show will always get bad ratings. For some reason, VM fans seem to think that because VM is in the GG timeslot, it lost ratings Roll Eyes
Someone wrote this on IMDB. WARNING GG bashing:

pairing VM with GG is what doomed VM's ratings this year. I think lots of people who would love VM have the wrong idea about what kind of show it is, about how smart, kick-ass and idealistic it is. putting VM with gilmore gabbers only made people think VM is another vapid teen-oriented show about self-absorbed whiny drama queens.

Someone needs some brains and/or memory cause VMs ratings have always sucked!! Roll Eyes

I think Lauren and Alexis would be very smart to wait till the last minute for negotiations to come to the absolute limit before agreeing to come back. They deserve the best, they have way more pressure put on them then any other show, they not only are stars on a 1 hour show, they also are stuck with 20 extra pages of work to do because of there fast talking humor. They deserve alot more then they are getting! But if what was mentioned above about Lauren signing and Alexis not is true, I don't think they waited for negotiations to hit the limit.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
GG3
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: April 05, 2007, 11:08:23 am »

new info
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=52af6b98-eb72-45a0-b27b-7798e6bf906f
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: April 05, 2007, 11:17:06 am »

I don't see anything new.. Am i missing something?

mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: April 05, 2007, 12:25:58 pm »

No, I don't think you're missing anything.  I think GG3 might not be aware that the "update" from Kristin is actually from last Thursday.

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
iluvgilmoregirls!

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: April 05, 2007, 12:29:49 pm »

Yes!!! Gilmore girls is in the lead! I really hope that the stuff about we just needing Alexis to sign is true because I think Lauren can convince her she can convince anybody to do anything lol. I really want an 8th season but if just 11 episodes is all they are willing to give us I am ok with that atleast we get alittle more Gilmore girls before we have to say goodbye Cry
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: April 05, 2007, 12:34:58 pm »

Yes!!! Gilmore girls is in the lead!

Where did you hear this?  If it's from Kristin's eonline post, that was an alphabetical list.  We have no idea what place we're in, sadly.

Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: April 05, 2007, 12:49:14 pm »

yeah i was just about to say that.
they are in alphibetical so we dont have any idea where along the list it actually is. Sad

sarah =)
WildChildotw
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: April 05, 2007, 12:50:51 pm »

Hello everyone. I'm new to this community. I came across this site because of the Fan Photo Campaign and I hope that's still going on...

Well, anyways my friends and I took some pics today when we visited a university. We took a bunch of photos but I don't know why they all came out blurred and fuzzy, so I took the two best pictures. In case you can't read it, one says: we support gilmore girls season 8 and the other one says: it's not getting repetitive and redundant (cuz we thought, yeah why don't we use a quote...yeah, it was all kind of a spur of the moment kind of thing)

So, three girls from Munich/Germany proudly support Gilmore Girls Season 8 and we didn't care how embarrasing we were Grin

Anyways, I hope I did this right, also with the pictures and my post and everything...Let me know, please.

Terry

CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: April 05, 2007, 01:01:22 pm »

I am the only one that thinks a mini-series or a movie would be a horrible thing to do to this show?
I would much rather have just a partial season. That way it would feel more normal than 2 straight hours of new GG.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: April 05, 2007, 01:06:51 pm »

I'm not really too fond of a mini-series or a movie.  I'm not even sure why, it just doesn't seem right.
Gilmores-Forever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 38

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: April 05, 2007, 01:10:57 pm »

i would much rather the season or partial season.. but its better then nothing i guess.

sarah =)
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: April 05, 2007, 01:17:57 pm »

Awesome pictures WildChildotw Grin

I am the only one that thinks a mini-series or a movie would be a horrible thing to do to this show?
I would much rather have just a partial season. That way it would feel more normal than 2 straight hours of new GG.

I don't like the idea of a mini series or movie either Undecided but I'm ready to take anything thrown at us as long as it means more Gilmore girls and both girls involved!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
PrettyTownSpinster
Diner Regular

Community Points: 354

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2189 on: April 05, 2007, 01:32:33 pm »

Please keep voting everyone.

we only have a limited time!!!

http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

My New Website
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: