The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 01:44:57 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1731087 times)
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #2130 on: April 04, 2007, 01:50:09 pm »

Is their goign to be an album onlien of he photos we all submited?

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #2131 on: April 04, 2007, 01:51:07 pm »

Been snooping on the competion again!  Think it's important to know what others are saying....

Veronica Mars imdb message boards: "I think we will be safer if more shows gets cancelled. We have to hope that Alexis doesn't sign on for another season of Gilmore Girls."
                                                              "Voted and I'm also trying to get other devoted fanbases to vote to help us. I mean even if they dont like the show, it takes like two seconds to vote. "
                                                              "Kristin counts repeat votes so keep voting! It is impossible for kristin to have not count repeat votes and still get VM in top 5 and have 600, 000 votes in a week."

One Tree Hill imdb message boards: "I voted at least 500 more times, probably more, and I know others were doing more than me. I'm getting confident. I think we may be in first place. But that's no reason to stop voting!"
                                                             "Definitey, I've been voting all night long."
                                                             "apparently delete your cookies, save as your home page and vote as many times as you like. Thats apparently how VM peeps are voting."
                                                             "I swear I've done almost 1000 votes so far "

Supernatural imdb message boards: "if it is us in third place, then Kristen thinks we're too far behind to take the lead. Well, I think that if any fandom can do it, it's the Supernatural fandom. "
                                                             "we'll be the dark horse in the competition! come up from behind when no one's watching, or expecting us too!"
                                                             "Maybe on Friday, after everyone is home from school and work, we can marathon for the entire evening until voting expires. Get that final push in."
                                                             "And I'm going to PM you super-secret voting tips so you can vote a bazillion times a day!"
                                                             "Truth is, in all likelihood, we're either in third place or behind that (Veronica Mars and One Tree Hill fans are crazy-dedicated)"

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
stracciatella
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #2132 on: April 04, 2007, 02:06:53 pm »

*please* does anyone know whether hitting the back button really works??? i think this is very important to know! *please*

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2133 on: April 04, 2007, 02:07:44 pm »

Heidi, who specifically are you mailing the 'rough' album to tomorrow?  I think it is really important that the cast get it because they are going to be done filiming in a week and won't be on the set much longer.  So please let us know a bit more about the plan.

Wow VM fans are mean!  OTH and Supernatural and us also, seem to be able to defend our show and show support for it without hoping that other shows do poorly.  And seriously, Alexis not signing on for another season doesn't change that fact that the CW knows that VM doesn't get very good ratings.  They are putting way too much energy in showing anti-support for all the other competing shows and are talking smack about not just GG but the other competitors as well.  GG is very similar to VM in the writing and having lead women characters and its ridiculous.

Make sure that you are watching GG on Tuesday, not TiVo-ing it or taping it, tape American Idol or whatever else you watch that is on at the same time and watch Gilmore Girls live because we need the ratings to keep being really good.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:15:31 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #2134 on: April 04, 2007, 02:20:11 pm »

Where are all the VM fans on tuesday night??  They sure aren't showing up in the ratings! lol I wouldn't let them bother you.  Just keep on voting for Gilmore Girls!! Smiley
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #2135 on: April 04, 2007, 02:23:18 pm »

Hi everyone!

Just stopping by to remind you all that my nigthly 15 minute voting thing is at 7:30 EST.

A brief explanation for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about:
A bunch of us head on over to the E! Save One Show (SOS) and vote for GG as many times as we can in 15 minutes. At the end of the 15 minutes, you PM me your vote count, I'll add them all up, and PM everyone the grand total!

I have also been keeping track of the totals from every night and will be posting a grand total from all voting sessions sometime on Saturday.

**I was thinking of having a voting marathon on Friday night since that is the last day of voting. The polls close at 11:59 PST so maybe starting at 11:30 PST anyone that wants to can join me in voting nonstop for 29 minutes. And as always, PM me your vote count. I'm going to vote and then go to bed (it'll be 3 AM where I live when it ends) but I'll read the PMs when I wake up and come up with the final nnumbers. What do you think? Would anyone be interested? 

I am in the process of voting an insane number of times but shall keep the number safe...only a couple of people know how I am doing this   Grin
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 02:38:46 pm by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2136 on: April 04, 2007, 02:23:38 pm »

Where are all the VM fans on tuesday night??  They sure aren't showing up in the ratings! lol I wouldn't let them bother you.  Just keep on voting for Gilmore Girls!! Smiley

True!  Smiley  Oh i have been voting!

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #2137 on: April 04, 2007, 02:38:37 pm »

Heidi, who specifically are you mailing the 'rough' album to tomorrow?  I think it is really important that the cast get it because they are going to be done filiming in a week and won't be on the set much longer.  So please let us know a bit more about the plan.

Wow VM fans are mean!  OTH and Supernatural and us also, seem to be able to defend our show and show support for it without hoping that other shows do poorly.  And seriously, Alexis not signing on for another season doesn't change that fact that the CW knows that VM doesn't get very good ratings.  They are putting way too much energy in showing anti-support for all the other competing shows and are talking smack about not just GG but the other competitors as well.  GG is very similar to VM in the writing and having lead women characters and its ridiculous.

Yea they are really mean, go to the TV guide article about VM vs GG and read the VM comments, all they do is bash GG.
The Gilmore Girls fans are always saying how great VM is but GG is more important to them and then they move on to give excellent reasons as to why GG should continue. VM focuses there attention on saying why GG shouldn't continue instead of giving reasons as to why, despite terrible ratings, VM should continue. Then they start saying that GG is either dumb (even though they only saw like 5 seconds of it) or jumped the shark during season 5 Roll Eyes I almost want VM cancelled just because the fans seem to be turning into monsters, I dont know if its VMs fault but even if it isn't, why should VM fans get rewarded for being like this? I don't think they understand this whole situation. Just because a show is cancelled, it doesn't take there show out of the danger zone...or any show for that matter unless firmly stated by the CW that there show depends on the other getting cancelled. Gilmore Girls getting cancelled will definately not save Veronica Mars! The CW can easily throw both shows in the trash and bring in new replacement pilots, Gilmore Girls getting cancelled may help Veronica Mars fans a little but not alot. They should be focussing on giving good solid reasons as to why there show deserves to stay and should stay even though there ratings are unbelievably low!

I also noticed most of the GG comments are much more intillegent. They name reasons why GG should continue, they explain how it can benefit for everyone if it does continue and then say the show is amazing. Veronica Mars fans bash GG, give no reasons as to why it should continue, tell them the show should bring so-and-so back and then bash GG some more. Clearly we can see which show is more intelligent! Wink

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Pixelated993
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 9

View Profile
« Reply #2138 on: April 04, 2007, 02:44:45 pm »

Make sure that you are watching GG on Tuesday, not TiVo-ing it or taping it, tape American Idol or whatever else you watch that is on at the same time and watch Gilmore Girls live because we need to ratings to keep being really good.

I wish I could. Sad It sucks waiting over a month for GG to come back, and then when it does, I'll be out of town. I want to watch it so badly.  Cry

*please* does anyone know whether hitting the back button really works??? i think this is very important to know! *please*

Considering we see the thank you message after each vote, I am fairly confident that it works. Once a vote has been sent, you can't 'take it back.' So I'm pretty sure it works.  Smiley

By me. You can pm me if you want me to make you one. Smiley
~JavaJunkie~Headliner~Narco~
~Ashley~
Cheesy
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #2139 on: April 04, 2007, 03:21:52 pm »

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but i was just so excited!! The GG/VM poll on the ask aussiello site is in our favor!!!  50% GG and 49% VM!!! YAY!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2140 on: April 04, 2007, 03:35:44 pm »

Heidi, who specifically are you mailing the 'rough' album to tomorrow?  I think it is really important that the cast get it because they are going to be done filiming in a week and won't be on the set much longer.  So please let us know a bit more about the plan.

Yea they are really mean, go to the TV guide article about VM vs GG and read the VM comments, all they do is bash GG.
The Gilmore Girls fans are always saying how great VM is but GG is more important to them and then they move on to give excellent reasons as to why GG should continue. VM focuses there attention on saying why GG shouldn't continue instead of giving reasons as to why, despite terrible ratings, VM should continue. Then they start saying that GG is either dumb (even though they only saw like 5 seconds of it) or jumped the shark during season 5 Roll Eyes I almost want VM cancelled just because the fans seem to be turning into monsters, I dont know if its VMs fault but even if it isn't, why should VM fans get rewarded for being like this? I don't think they understand this whole situation. Just because a show is cancelled, it doesn't take there show out of the danger zone...or any show for that matter unless firmly stated by the CW that there show depends on the other getting cancelled. Gilmore Girls getting cancelled will definately not save Veronica Mars! The CW can easily throw both shows in the trash and bring in new replacement pilots, Gilmore Girls getting cancelled may help Veronica Mars fans a little but not alot. They should be focussing on giving good solid reasons as to why there show deserves to stay and should stay even though there ratings are unbelievably low!

I also noticed most of the GG comments are much more intillegent. They name reasons why GG should continue, they explain how it can benefit for everyone if it does continue and then say the show is amazing. Veronica Mars fans bash GG, give no reasons as to why it should continue, tell them the show should bring so-and-so back and then bash GG some more. Clearly we can see which show is more intelligent! Wink

Well, them mean VM fans (and I mean those who are exclusively VM fans, as opposed to those of us who are fans of both series) are in denial about VM's fate.  VM's fate has *nothing* to do with Gg's fate -- VM is toast.  It's toast no matter what RT does and it's toast no matter how many polls its viewers stuff to win those polls.  Gg gets about 80% of VM's ratings for *reruns* and PCD retained 88% of Gg's audience after a *new* episode of Gg where a new episode of VM can only retain about 65% of Gg's ratings.  The success of PCD proved that the problem with VM's ratings is not the timeslot, it's the show.

So really, it's grief on the part of VM fans.  Supernatural is gonna get renewed because, frankly, it's doing so *well* against CSI and Grey's, OTH is gonna get renewed because it did well against ANTM and it looks like that's the show that Ostroff's most going to be able to protect this year.

Gg's situation affects VM not one whit.  If Gg stays, VM is gone.  If Gg goes, VM is still gone.  *I* want VM to stay, but it's gone -- its ratings are that bad -- and for gosh sakes, 7th Heaven was cancelled with a 3.4 million rating when VM has trouble reaching 2.7 million.  How thick can the VM-only fans be?

This is why I suspect that Lauren and perhaps even Alexis are allowing contract talks to continue rather than go ahead and officially announce that they're done with Gg.  They know that continuing the show is critically important to the CW's future and I suspect that at least one (Lauren) of them (Graham) wants to see *how* important the CW thinks the show is by seeing how high they'll go in negotiations, if they can make her an offer so ridonkulously good that she really can't refuse it.  *That's* the only effect that VM is having -- VM's failure has gotta be driving the negotiations for Gg to a frenzied level.

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai needs to wear another Bunny Ranch T-Shirt.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 03:50:18 pm by ShutUpRob » Logged
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2141 on: April 04, 2007, 03:38:31 pm »

I think VM fans are just grasping at straws to keep thier hope alive of a renewed season for them.  Honestly, I never got into the show, and would love to hear of it's cancelation.  (Sorry to anybody whose a fan.) 

Voted a ton today, and although, I won't be able to particpate tonight, I'll definitly vote some more today, and tomorrow, and Friday, until the polls close. 

Here's to another season!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
!
« Reply #2142 on: April 04, 2007, 03:53:21 pm »

It's snowing here where I live, I kid you not! So I'm sorry I'm late but here is another Mandate photo for you Heidi!

It's going to happen I just KNOW it!

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2143 on: April 04, 2007, 04:02:25 pm »

Tomorrow's book will be sent to Lauren.  The books for next will be shipped via overnight mail on Tuesday or Wednesday, so they'll arrive Wednesday or Thursday.

BTW, today's version turned out very well for being a rough draft.  Better than even I expected. Wink

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #2144 on: April 04, 2007, 04:18:17 pm »

This is the 15 minute reminder for the 7:30 EST vote-a-thon.

At the half hour, head on over to the E! SOS poll and vote for GG as many times as you can in 15 minutes. At the end of the 15 minutes, PM your vote count, I'll add them up and send everyone the total.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Pages: 1 ... 141 142 [143] 144 145 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: