The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 10:35:18 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732903 times)
LitLover
Diner Regular

Community Points: 263

My name is Sharon, and I'm a Gilmore-holic. ;)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2115 on: April 04, 2007, 10:20:41 am »

Ooh, pretty drawing!  I love it!   Cheesy

((Literati((JavaJunkie((Foodie((M.M.M.((Spree 
Literati factoid/Google queen! Wink
But Pri is awesome-est to infinity! 
Reading is sexy!
Baby
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 3

~JavaJunkie~ & ~Literati~

View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: April 04, 2007, 10:24:17 am »

It's really cute. Who thinks that we will reach our aim? ( 8th season )
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: April 04, 2007, 10:25:56 am »

It's really cute. Who thinks that we will reach our aim? ( 8th season )
We Will. We have to.  Seriously.  Last night I was watching parts of season three on DVD before I went to bed, and as the opening credits started to roll, i started to cry!  What if there isn't an eighth season?  But.. scratch tht thought.  There has to be.

Baby
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: April 04, 2007, 10:30:55 am »

I think you are right. This show is my favourite one. It MUST go on. Have you heard anything new from Lauren's plans?
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2119 on: April 04, 2007, 10:50:51 am »

Nothing new has been reported since the "blogger" said there was no season 8 for sure.  I'm not finding the source reliable so, even though I did worry at first, my spirits haven't been completely ruined.  I want a season 8 so bad that I'm not sure I'll believe anything until the schedule for next fall comes out...and I don't know what it will say, but I'm hoping that the Girls will back on Tuesday nights!

Here's to a season 8!!

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: April 04, 2007, 11:05:37 am »

lol guys if you haven't already, go to the CW website and click on "Kirk's Town Tours", right now they just have an intro and a tour of Lorelai's house, but he is hilarious and if this isn't a reason to keep this show around for another season, I don't know what is!

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: April 04, 2007, 11:35:01 am »

I think you are right. This show is my favourite one. It MUST go on. Have you heard anything new from Lauren's plans?
Not recently. But I dont really see why Alexis would quit.  She has it made at the CW, she gets a constant paycheck,  and its a fabulous show.  Who knows if she could make it out there in a Gilmoreless world?

gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: April 04, 2007, 11:41:05 am »

LOL. That is hilarious! Thanks for letting us know!

I agree completely. I mean come on. Who would want to cancel a show like this?

lol guys if you haven't already, go to the CW website and click on "Kirk's Town Tours", right now they just have an intro and a tour of Lorelai's house, but he is hilarious and if this isn't a reason to keep this show around for another season, I don't know what is!

omg, i have voted hundreds millions of times (at least it feels like it)...............................my fingers are going to fall off, but who needs fingers to watch gilmore girls anyways? lol

Go Gilmore Girls!!

I noticed we were up on the TVguide poll, in the lead!!!

BUT

Eonline needs our votes!!!

*puts up link -again- in desperation*

http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084
« Last Edit: April 04, 2007, 11:48:51 am by gilmoregirls28 » Logged

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: April 04, 2007, 11:56:07 am »

Okay,

first attempt to place my pics didn't worked, so i mailed them yesterday to Heidi.
But today the easter bunny came to my work, and i quickly made a picture of me the bunny and some gilmore stuff.

I hope it isn't to late to post, but anyway here it is, together with my other pictures.

If everything wen 't well the picture should be up here. I sure hope it worked, i wen 't to the community center thread to get some information, and i think i got the clue.

I have been voting a lot today, but since that is rather mindnumbing i made a sort of game by comparing different way 's of voting, by looking at the number of votes i could make in a minute. I found out that the difference can be substantiel, so i thought i post "the results of my study"  Wink here.

I tried the following votingtypes:
voting by opening a window, vote, close, open again, vote, close, ... (with a shortcut on my start page)
voting by placing it in favorites, vote, click favorites, vote, ...
voting by opening a lot of windows, vote and close a window, a next window, ... until all are closed and then start again
voting by going to the voting page, vote, thank you screen appears, push backspace, vote again, backspace, ...

My computer has no problems with neither of those ways, but the number of vote is very differend, between the least effective and the most effective, my number of votes dubbeld.

The most effective way on my two computers (home and work) is the last one with using backspace, the circle before gg is already marked, and ones your mouse is good placed, it also stays there, so you don 't have to scroll or anything. By using this method i made 15 to 16 votes per minute (and my computer isn 't that sophisticated).

I know not all these ways work for everybody, but i think it could be interesting for people who use one of the other methods to compare (if they can off course) and see what is the most effective.

Oke, off for some more voting. (because i got cramp in my fingers i even turned the keyboard around, so now i have easy acces to the backspace button  Grin

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: April 04, 2007, 11:59:48 am »

those pictures are great! i love that we are getting pictures from all over the world to send in.  The Easter Bunny one is so cool and you can't say no to the Easter Bunny Smiley

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Baby
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: April 04, 2007, 12:31:13 pm »

Great Pictures softjen! When do Lauren and Alexis tell us their decision?
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2126 on: April 04, 2007, 12:50:02 pm »

I believe we'll hear final word around mid May...

I'm trying to get my computer to let me vote multiple times on the E! poll, so far nothing works. Now, I don't know as much as some people about this kinda stuff, but I gotta say that I'm skeptical about just hitting the "back" button to do mass votes. When I just voted now, I hit the back arrow, and it took me back to the voting page, with the Gilmore Girls' bubble clicked and everything, so I hit submit and again the thank you screen, ok... I am doubtful that that actually counted as TWO votes however... it just seems the equivilent as going back and forth. Maybe someone who is real savvy with computers can clear this up, but I would hate for people to be wasting their time; I'm sure there's a way to vote a million times, but I don't think the "back" button is the way to do it... Huh

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: April 04, 2007, 12:50:17 pm »

No one knows exactly Sad  By the beginning of May probably

Heidi when is actual last day/time you are sending the album in?

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2128 on: April 04, 2007, 12:53:45 pm »

Participate in the Great8Mandate Fan Photo Campaign

Hello Great8ers,

After seeing Christine's photo of season 8 support, I think we should all try and duplicate its awesomeness

To those who would like to participate, please grab your digital camera or webcam, snap a photo of season 8 support, and post it to this thread.  (If you're unsure how to post a photo, please feel free to e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.)  From there, in about a week's or so time, I'll print out every single submission, will package things very nicely, and will mail all our photos of support to the CW's bigwigs.  Still with me?

Here's a recap:

1.  Grab your digital camera or webcam

2.  Do something that shows your season 8 support
(Make an 'I love season 8' sign, take a photo that displays your Gilmore DVD sets, snap a picture of you and the Great8Mandate thread displayed on your monitor ... be creative!  The possibilities are endless.)

3.  Display your photo on this (the Great8Mandate) thread.  If you're unsure how, simply ask for help and a friendly face can offer advice.  Or, e-mail the photo to [email protected] and I will upload the photo for you.

That's it!  You're done. 

Please take note, you can still participate in this idea even if you don't want to post a photo of yourself.  There are many, many ways to show season 8 support ... and you can choose to be in the photo or not.

Questions, comments, or suggestions?  Let me know!

~Heidi

Hi all,

Here's a quick update on the Great8Mandate Fan Photo Campaign.

I plan on sending two versions of the final 'book' of photos.  One will be mailed tomorrow and one will be mailed next week.  "Why?" you may be wondering.  Well, in my humble opinion it's important that we get something out soon (definitely before the season 8 decision is handed down).

If you want your photo included in the book that will be mailed tomorrow, please have it posted here or e-mailed to me within the next couple of hours.  If that timeline is too short for you, take a few extra days and your photo can be included in next week's book.

Please note, just because there will be two versions of the photo book doesn't mean there will only be two copies.  You could say that tomorrow's book is a rough draft of sorts.  (I don't want anyone to think tomorrow's version will suck; it will just be simple and straight to the point.)  For the more finalized version next week, I'll print multiple copies and each will be sent to different CW contacts.

How's that sound?  Any questions, comments, or suggestions?  Let me have em!

~Heidi

P.S. - Only two days left to vote in the E! Online pollhttp://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.0

P.P.S. - It's important to keeping sending in those snail mail letters to our contacts.  I've noticed that other 'bubble show' fans have stepped up their game.  (Even so, we had about a month and a half head start on everyone.)  Wink  Still, keeping a steady flow of letters arriving is important. 

Flame    Flame
softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: April 04, 2007, 01:28:47 pm »

Hi, neverapuff,

i don 't know if the hitting back button works or not,
it 's a suggestion that was already made a few times in this thread, that 's also where i got it from,

i don 't know, i 'm sure hope it does work, cause i used this method the last days to vote a zillion time, i would hate to see all that effort being a total waste.

i hope some computerwizz here could sort this out? Huh

Bye,

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: