The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 09:38:18 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733446 times)
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: April 03, 2007, 07:14:12 pm »

In the future you should modify your original post rather than reposting - multiple posts like that are frowned upon. If you have any questions just head to the community centre and they will help you get some answers Smiley

Cheers

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 03, 2007, 07:18:45 pm »

I know, I didn't mean to  Embarrassed  I got excited and forgot to post pieces of info over and over again.. sorry

JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 03, 2007, 07:30:44 pm »

02 April 2007
Go Go "Gilmore Girls": Graham and Bledel to Leave Stars Hollow

Carole King once said, "Where you lead, I will follow," but I think we've reached the end of the road with those two girls called Gilmore.

According to a source inside the production, there will not be an eighth season of Gilmore Girls, which will wrap up its run this May.

While there have been rumors of a possible eleventh hour contract renegotiation with stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (who, according to reports, have only decided to sign their contracts if the other does as well), purported (and disastrous) Season Eight storyline plans, and petitions to save the show, it seems that it's not in the stars (hollow or otherwise) for any future seasons of Gilmore Girls.

According to my source, staffers on the Warner Bros. Television series have been told that the series will not be going forward and have begun to look for other employment next season. The same holds for the actors: Melissa McCarthy, who plays chef Sookie, recently signed on to co-star opposite Christina Applegate and Jean Smart in ABC comedy pilot Sam I Am.

Hell, Gilmore Girls' showrunner David Rosenthal is allegedly looking for work as well.

For fans of the show, at least we got five fantastic years with these girls and two not-so-good ones (you all know which ones I'm referring to), but I wouldn't trade those pop culture-laced memories for anything.

First of all I don't like how this person began their little article. They used something they deemed familiar to anyone who has seen GG to get fans's interest but it's not an indepth quote from the actual show. Second, Carole King SANG and WROTE the song not "said" so this person shows no respect to the person mentioned.

This person re-states rumors we've all ready heard and worried about with the actors/actresses looking for other jobs. Nothing new.
I for one don't blame the people involved with the show for looking for possible jobs just in case. It's only senseable so it's not really shocking... in case it really doesn't happen you want to have a back-up.

Most importantly nothing has been announced officially from the CW yet so any "sources" aren't 100% reliable.

One thing I did notice most of all from the above article is how they ended it by bashing GG's last two seasons. Any true GG fan would see that sure the first five season were better but the last two season can't be pushed away like they didn't matter. There were some really good moments and episodes from Season 6 and 7 this person failed to realize that and pushed their own opinion on everyone else.

In conclusion this person may be attempting to intimindate the support of GG's 8th season and stall efforts in their own personal desire to end the show. This person is therefor not a realiable source themself and I question their so-called source.

Don't give up no matter WHAT people are saying until we know for 100% sure! Thanks!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 07:50:40 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 03, 2007, 07:34:55 pm »

First of all I don't like how this person began their little article. They used something they deemed familiar to anyone who has seen GG to get people's interest but it's not an indepth quote from the actual show. Second, Carole King SANG and WROTE the song not "said" so this person shows no respect to the person mentioned.

This person re-states rumors we've all ready heard and worried about with the actors/actresses looking for other jobs. Nothing new.
I for one don't blame the people involved with the show looking for possible jobs just in case it's only senseable so it's not really shocking. In case it really doesn't happen you want to have a back-up

Most importantly nothing has been announced officially from the CW yet so any "sources" aren't 100% reliable.

One thing I did notice most of all from the above article is how they ended it by bashing GG's last two seasons. Any true GG fan would see that sure the first five season were better but the last two season can't be pushed away like they didn't matter. There were some really good moments and episodes from Season 6 and 7 this person failed to realize that and pushed their own opinion on everyone else.

In conclusion this person may be attempting to intimindate the support of GG's 8th season and stall efforts in their desire to end the show. This person is therefor not a realiable source himself and I question their so-called source.

Don't give up no matter WHAT people are saying until we know for 100% sure! Thanks!

Yep

I saw the previews for next week also.. lol crazy people lol.. it looks like a fun episode, and more  Grin

Yes...and more of what we want to see more of Smiley

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: April 03, 2007, 08:18:40 pm »

Alright, heres my picture!  I finally found the cable for my camera yay!!  Click on it to enlarge (like the shirt I made?) lol  Grin

« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 08:19:42 pm by Stillstanding » Logged

Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2090 on: April 03, 2007, 08:36:04 pm »

here is another one of my drawings..i would take a pic with it, but i cant find my camera at the moment   Undecided

-Lauren-

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: April 03, 2007, 08:53:44 pm »

Just checking into Great8Mandate headquarters here! Reporting for duty! Smiley It seems that things are still running pretty smoothly! Keep up the voting and the pics! I will for sure have mine coming this week...I just keep trying different things with the photo...but will just take a photo and post! Smiley I really enjoyed reading the above piece. And you're right...no matter what people say or what the word is on the street, we've got to keep on working and supporting season 8! The minute we let up, the minute we lost our chance! So...keep up the great amazing work!

If interested, because I had a request to repost this, here are a few sigs that people can use if they wish. I have a few more but can't seem to find that post right now. Because I hate to re-post things, here's the link to a few. http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg305277#msg305277

Heidi Could you please refresh my memory on what exactly you're doing with the photos, where you're sending them? So sorry, I went back pages upon pages to find it...but can't seem to figure out where it is. I apologize for having you post the info. again. I will do my best to get something together by the end of the day tomorrow...hopefully that won't be too late!

Long Live Gilmore Girls!!
Stay strong~
M
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 09:03:03 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: April 03, 2007, 08:56:34 pm »

I think they are sending in the pictures tomorrow sometime, so get yours in as soon as possible!  Grin  The more the better, i wonder how many we have now total?!?

gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: April 03, 2007, 09:09:31 pm »

I also jsut realized I do not know what the pics are being used for. hmmm...

Just checking into Great8Mandate headquarters here! Reporting for duty! Smiley It seems that things are still running pretty smoothly! Keep up the voting and the pics! I will for sure have mine coming this week...I just keep trying different things with the photo...but will just take a photo and post! Smiley I really enjoyed reading the above piece. And you're right...no matter what people say or what the word is on the street, we've got to keep on working and supporting season 8! The minute we let up, the minute we lost our chance! So...keep up the great amazing work!

If interested, because I had a request to repost this, here are a few sigs that people can use if they wish. I have a few more but can't seem to find that post right now. Because I hate to re-post things, here's the link to a few. http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6630.msg305277#msg305277

Heidi Could you please refresh my memory on what exactly you're doing with the photos, where you're sending them? So sorry, I went back pages upon pages to find it...but can't seem to figure out where it is. I apologize for having you post the info. again. I will do my best to get something together by the end of the day tomorrow...hopefully that won't be too late!

Long Live Gilmore Girls!!
Stay strong~
M

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: April 03, 2007, 09:20:16 pm »

That is such a cool shirt stillstanding! 

Heidi is sending in the album tomorrow guys so get your pics in.  They are going to be done filming in like a week, so we need the album to get there before they are done.  Email the pics to Heidi and/or post them on this thread and she is then making it into an album to send to the CW or the cast, i don't know who exactly, but she said she got almost 50 pictures, so the album should turn out really good!

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: April 03, 2007, 09:31:04 pm »

This was just posted at FF  Cry:

02 April 2007
Go Go "Gilmore Girls": Graham and Bledel to Leave Stars Hollow

Carole King once said, "Where you lead, I will follow," but I think we've reached the end of the road with those two girls called Gilmore.

According to a source inside the production, there will not be an eighth season of Gilmore Girls, which will wrap up its run this May.

While there have been rumors of a possible eleventh hour contract renegotiation with stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (who, according to reports, have only decided to sign their contracts if the other does as well), purported (and disastrous) Season Eight storyline plans, and petitions to save the show, it seems that it's not in the stars (hollow or otherwise) for any future seasons of Gilmore Girls.

According to my source, staffers on the Warner Bros. Television series have been told that the series will not be going forward and have begun to look for other employment next season. The same holds for the actors: Melissa McCarthy, who plays chef Sookie, recently signed on to co-star opposite Christina Applegate and Jean Smart in ABC comedy pilot Sam I Am.

Hell, Gilmore Girls' showrunner David Rosenthal is allegedly looking for work as well.

For fans of the show, at least we got five fantastic years with these girls and two not-so-good ones (you all know which ones I'm referring to), but I wouldn't trade those pop culture-laced memories for anything.

Posted by Jace at 9:17 PM

http://televisionary.blogspot.com/2007/04/go-go-gilmore-girls-graham-and-bledel.html

I'm not sure of the source on this one... I don't really believe it.  Some blogger wouldnt be the first to post the big news...

I think you're right.  For example, the first report of 7th Heaven's new cancellation came from Kristin (who wasn't Wrongda this time) last Friday afternoon.  If the situation were that bad with Gg, she'd have posted about it in her fan Q&A on Monday because she's had a mad-on against Gg since she was banned from the set over the Pissy Polly rumors.  (How do I know she was banned from the set?  Well, Samantha Harris interviewed Lauren and Paul Anka about TRPA and Jason Harris interviewed Lauren for Because I Said So.  *Sometimes,* it's actually easy to read between the lines.)

Anyway, I went to the source blog to check it out because tvguide.com used to have a column called Ask the Televisionary.  I don't think that this guy is the same Televisionary from TVG.  This one says he's a junior development exec in the biz but gives nothing else, no show credits, nothin' in his bio -- he's just another blogger hiding behing a pseudonym as far as I'm concerned  That means that the blogger has no credibility with me whatsoever -- even if the rumor were to be true.  Hell, at least we all know who Perez Hilton is.

And junior exec?  Sorry, but that's sort of the same thing as a gopher/gofer.  For all we know, if the guy *is* in the biz, he could be a plant by one faction or another at the network, at the studio or among the actors' peeps.  But I went ahead and read a few of his other blog entries anyway to get a sense of who he is, what his blog is like -- he's clearly NOT TV Guide's Televisionary -- and really, even if he *is* in the biz as a junior exec, he's divulging no real expertise or knowledge of the industry.  He's expounding on his own opinions, which are as fine as it goes, but his entries are clearly NOT of the first-hand variety.  He's mostly commenting on articles from Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, various newspapers, etc.  In that sense he's absolutely no different from any other blogger or message board poster and thus much of his credibility rides on making opinions, NOT reporting news or rumors.  Heck, I've gotten better first-hand information about a lot of shows by attending Comic-Con panels (it also helps that I have an entertainment newspaper reporter acquaintance out here in the midwest that I email and talk to from time to time.  Problem is, he's a friend of Milo's so I have to take everything he says about Gg with not just a grain of salt, but a huge salt lick, so I'm not pressing him for Gg info and that's pretty much *all* I'd press him for because other legit sources are just plain faster.)  

So IMO, this guy's post has no credibility.  It comes from a dubious source and there are no corroborating reports from legitimate sources.  I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this guy's post is bogus. He does commentary, not news, so a sudden bit of rumor coming from him sounds highly suspicious to me.  

BTW, this is a big part of the reason why I use my same handle, ShutUpRob on every MB I post to and sign my name -- I hate anonymous bloggers on principle.

I've talked in private with other posters to certain message boards and at alt.tv.gilmore-girls, where I'm the FAQ-keeper and we're sort of crunching the conflicting reports, the Entertainment Weekly article about salaries that *strongly* suggests that the gals are very miffed at Kyra Sedgwick's $250K per episode salary for The Closer -- I would be too if I were on a broadcast show doing higher ratings and nearly 50% more episodes per year *and* making the same company a heck of a lot of money on successful DVDs, BID -- and triangulating the lack of any formal announcement of Lauren and/or Alexis leaving the show.  There's a lot of information to process out there and while I"m not going to speak for everyone I've spoken with, I just going to say that *I* strongly suspect that we're all being used through all of these conflicting reports through both legit channels and through the rumor mills.

IMO, with respect to the Mandate, this doesn't change anything.  IMO, we want our opinion known that we want the show to continue for at the very least one more season.  That requires at the very *least* the presence of Lauren, of course, but either way, it doesn't change a thing.  We keep posting that we want season 8, we keep writing letters and well, we start making it known that we want the decisions to be made sooner rather than later as waiting until the Upfronts, two days after the season finale, would just be ridonkulous.  Not just in terms of the amount of pressure on how much we want the show to come back, but also on the ever-increasing pressure for these last few episodes of the season aren't overhyped and unable to satisfy anyone (exccept, well, me) due to absurdly high expectations.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because Lauren and Alexis are worth waaaaaaaaaaaaay more than what Kyra Sedgwick is getting for The Closer.
gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: April 03, 2007, 09:35:11 pm »

Does anybody know if we also get to see the album or....Huh

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: April 03, 2007, 10:12:46 pm »

Just re-posting the E! voting link, so it's easy to reach:

Keep voting!!!!

http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

Viva la Gilmore  Hearts

Please read Forum Rules
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: April 03, 2007, 10:13:56 pm »

nope, she might be posting all the other pictures that people emailed her

Dempan
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: April 03, 2007, 10:35:19 pm »

Gilmore Girl50% veronica Mars49% keep voting!!
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: