The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 16, 2017, 06:59:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729336 times)
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2040 on: April 03, 2007, 02:46:44 pm »

This was just posted at FF  Cry:

02 April 2007
Go Go "Gilmore Girls": Graham and Bledel to Leave Stars Hollow

Carole King once said, "Where you lead, I will follow," but I think we've reached the end of the road with those two girls called Gilmore.

According to a source inside the production, there will not be an eighth season of Gilmore Girls, which will wrap up its run this May.

While there have been rumors of a possible eleventh hour contract renegotiation with stars Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel (who, according to reports, have only decided to sign their contracts if the other does as well), purported (and disastrous) Season Eight storyline plans, and petitions to save the show, it seems that it's not in the stars (hollow or otherwise) for any future seasons of Gilmore Girls.

According to my source, staffers on the Warner Bros. Television series have been told that the series will not be going forward and have begun to look for other employment next season. The same holds for the actors: Melissa McCarthy, who plays chef Sookie, recently signed on to co-star opposite Christina Applegate and Jean Smart in ABC comedy pilot Sam I Am.

Hell, Gilmore Girls' showrunner David Rosenthal is allegedly looking for work as well.

For fans of the show, at least we got five fantastic years with these girls and two not-so-good ones (you all know which ones I'm referring to), but I wouldn't trade those pop culture-laced memories for anything.

Posted by Jace at 9:17 PM

http://televisionary.blogspot.com/2007/04/go-go-gilmore-girls-graham-and-bledel.html
That's a load of decaf (gasp!) coffee!  As you guys said, it's some nobody blogger trying to get the news first.  Seriously "according to my source"?  For all we know her source could be the dog that plays Paul Anka.  Or Austiello, trying to get the poll to bounce around......  We gotta have faith, you guys!  It's not over till' the coffee ladies sing!

OR even a Veronica Mars fan *more gasps*

No offense to VM of course, we just gotta keep GG alive Smiley

Agreed.  I love VMARS too, but, to put it bluntly, I'd choose GG over VM any day! Grin

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
softjen
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2041 on: April 03, 2007, 02:50:06 pm »

Hey,

Just maded some pics, they aren't very artistic but i guess the message is clear.
I just can 't get them here for some reason (or maybe i just can 't see them), anyway i hope they will be there when i post and if not i just email them to heidi.

These are hopefully my pictures.

gilmoregirls28
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: April 03, 2007, 02:55:43 pm »

Hi again guys...This was on the "Gilmore Gossip" newsletter I subscribe to. I thought it was a story that could really give us a pick me up:

Q: Why do you want a season 8 of Gilmore Girls?

A:Gilmore Girls helped me get through tough times

"For one, it just isn't ready to end yet. I knew it wouldn't last forever, but I just don't think that they could properly end it this season. So there's reason one.

"Second, Gilmore Girls helped me survive these past two years. In mid '05 at just 28 years of age, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Nothing could have prepared me for what I have been going through, but I'll tell you one thing -- Gilmore Girls helped me get through some really tough spots... I watched one season shortly after my surgery and another season last year while I was in the hospital for several months! It was a great source of comfort to me and one of the few things that made me smile and laugh. I have two more years of treatment, and I NEED my Gilmore Girls fix to help get me through!"

I think that is a really good reason to pick up the votes even more!! There are tons of people who really do need gg i bet, and not only for the witty banter but for the pick me up.

I know that I will sit down and watch a past epy if upset.

Keep on voteing everyone!! --Right now I am voteing on both....but Eonline more....I have a feeling we are catching up!!--

-Aqua @---)----

I need Gilmore Girls, just as much as I need Coffee. Save season 8!!

GO SEASON 8!! WE CAN DO THIS!!

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #2043 on: April 03, 2007, 02:57:26 pm »

For anyone wondering and interested, my nightly 15 minute voting for the E! Online poll will be at 7:30 EST. If for some reason I am not online by 7:15, it will be at 8:00 EST.... I will post a 15 minute reminder here so look for that! That will be your refernece point for the voting time  Smiley

For anyone that is wondering what the heck I am talking about:
For 15 minutes a bunch of us head on over to the E! Save One Show poll and vote for GG as many times as we can. At the end of 15 minutes, PM me your vote count, I'll add them all together and PM everyone the grand total!

Go season 8 Go!!!!
« Last Edit: April 03, 2007, 02:58:34 pm by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2044 on: April 03, 2007, 02:58:21 pm »

YAY! the next Ausiello Report has a plot/ending spoiler supposedly SO BIG he recomendes we turn down the volume and don't look at the screen for the first 2 minuts of the vid!  This could be the season 8 announcement!  But, lets not get our hopes up.  I highly doubt the CW/WB would let M.A. announce that sort of thing....  But it's gotta be good!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ar-Ep-5/700017534  This is where he posted about ?tomorrows? eppy.  

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: April 03, 2007, 03:32:33 pm »

YAY! the next Ausiello Report has a plot/ending spoiler supposedly SO BIG he recomendes we turn down the volume and don't look at the screen for the first 2 minuts of the vid!  This could be the season 8 announcement!  But, lets not get our hopes up.  I highly doubt the CW/WB would let M.A. announce that sort of thing....  But it's gotta be good!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Ausiello-Report/Ar-Ep-5/700017534  This is where he posted about ?tomorrows? eppy.  

That little blurb was about Ausiello Vodcast 1.5, which is last weeks. This week's episode is 1.6!

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2046 on: April 03, 2007, 04:00:20 pm »

It's not my best I made this one latee at night a while ago but it gives the point! haha!  but I have two or three others I will post tonight, they aren't quite finished just yet but they will be soon Pleased

-Lauren-

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

KaraGilmore
Town Resident

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2047 on: April 03, 2007, 04:00:47 pm »

That little blurb was about Ausiello Vodcast 1.5, which is last weeks. This week's episode is 1.6!
Yeah, That was last weeks.  And, unfortunately.. I saw it.  And it has nothing to do with a season eight.  

aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: April 03, 2007, 04:07:18 pm »

Kool Picture. Im gald hat teh 15 minute voting is tonigh, becase I am unable to vote, or organize it toniht! THANKS. soory for teh spelling errors, its hard to type while your mom is driving you places!

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #2049 on: April 03, 2007, 04:18:45 pm »

Okay everyone, consider this your 15 minute warning for the E! voting poll (more like 12 minutes)

At the half hour, head on over to the SOS poll and vote for GG as many times as you can in 15 minutes then PM me your totals  Smiley

And Lauren xx 424, that's a great picture...I absolutely love it!!!

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: April 03, 2007, 04:20:33 pm »

Yeah, I finally caught a voting session, I'm in!

aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: April 03, 2007, 04:27:10 pm »

I clicked it and the video said NOTHING about gilmore girls. WHATS GOING ON?

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: April 03, 2007, 04:29:40 pm »

where can u see 1.5? i really wanna see it!

x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2053 on: April 03, 2007, 04:30:26 pm »

Hehe.

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: April 03, 2007, 04:31:50 pm »

Its 7:30  Grin

Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: