The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 05:49:12 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733247 times)
Stillstanding
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #1770 on: March 31, 2007, 09:12:20 pm »

Hey I don't know if this got posted yet or anyone read this far down in Kristin's blog.. but she said...(sorry if it's already old news)
SOS Video Bonus:  Our SOS campaign also has a cool new feature this year. We're going to let you make your own Save One Show video, so you can show the world why you want your show to be rescued. We'll select the three best videos and air them on our broadband channel, the Vine. All you need to do is shoot your video on a Webcam, then upload your video here http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/video/

So whoever was talking about doing a video earlier yesterday or whatever, we should really try to pull together some awesome ideas on a video and whoever knows how to make a kick ass video can do that.. b/c I don't know how to.. but that would be so great to have the winning video be from someone on the org! 

Stillstanding
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: March 31, 2007, 09:14:14 pm »

And.. I just voted 50 more times.. and now Im going...I'll vote tons more tomorrow  Grin  G'night all!

JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: March 31, 2007, 09:15:32 pm »

THANK-YOU FOR ALL THE GREAT FEEDBACK ABOUT MY LETTER! (I forgot to say that, what an idiot I am sometimes  Roll Eyes ) You guys and girls are just as amazing with all of your letters and hard work!  High Five

Dang!  You must either have a LOT of time on your hands, or are SERIOUSLY gifted as a persuasive writier!  I'm am guessing its the second one!  We could all seriously take a page out of you're book.  I have been reading the letters since page 72, and you'res is the best I've read, of the ones trying to prusuade them, the ones that arn't just fan letters.  Fantastic job!

I apologise, I lost track of who said what  Embarrassed

I work 40 hrs a week and I have to take care of my mother along with cooking and cleaning so it's definately NOT the first option. I'm very deep not only in psychology which helps to get me into people's character when writing fanfics but I'm also heavily influenced by famous writers and poets who lived all around me (ie. Robert Frost, Emily Dickenson, Walt Whitman, etc). Once I have something in my head and I start writing I can't stop until I'm done being online makes for a lot of sleepless nights  Tongue  I write as I see it and what I'm feeling so I wanted to capture every angle so I could give the best explainations as to why it's important for an 8th season.

Anyway, I like to pretend I'm Charles Dickins writing a story and for some reason I swear I write in an old English accent.  Cheesy

dude. you're amazing. that was great and i'm so glad you're sending that out. major kudos 2 u!!!

point any direct and I'll write something for it it's fun work for me  Grin However all of this campaigning has stalled my efforts on finishing my season 7 fanfic but it's okay it's worth it to me  Wink

Yes, I agree with *emily* that is an excellent letter! I wish I had writing skills like those!
I write better than I talk because I have a speech ipendament (sp?) all though I'm AWFUL at spelling  Roll Eyes so I have to proofread my writing like 3 times to make sure I have the correct spelling and grammer which is why I end up editing alot of posts on forums  Cheesy

I hope no one thinks I'm being cocky believe me I'm usually very modest but I figure with something as important as the great8mandate, it's a good advantage to advertise myself for the cause if anyone needs help.  Wink
« Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 03:02:24 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
x_ch0c0
Inn Chef

Community Points: 492

xxx Pri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1773 on: March 31, 2007, 09:27:55 pm »

Jeez, I should double-check my sources before I post stuff up. There was like 5 other people who proved me wrong, lol. Sorry about that!

Umm.. I have a question. If it's pretty much up to Alexis Bledel to consider being in Season 8, would the Save One Show thing actually make a difference? I mean, it's Alexis' decision.

||Never say good-bye, because good-bye means going away, and going away..means forgetting.||

Don't worry, I'm not forgetting. Smiley Bye bye, ORG.
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: March 31, 2007, 09:32:00 pm »

Alright, I think I found a good newspaper in Calfironia that could possibly publish a "letter to the editor" article in the paper.  If you are interested in getting an article published, write a well written letter to the editor of the latimes here:  [email protected]

They need contact information and all that also, like name, mailing address, and phone number.  So a number of us may be contacted if you want to do this.  We could tell our stories right to them, wouldn't that be awesome to have an article printed out in a local newspaper in Cali where someone from the CW or the actors  or their managers could read it?  They said that the letters should be as brief as possible tho.  I hope they can help us, I'm going to try it out and see what happens, I sent my letter in asking if they would consider publishing something about the Great 8Mandate, if they say yes, then I'll write an offical letter.  I also like the idea of writing to ET and access hollywood.. and all.. I wish there was someway we could make a commercial about it and get it on the air.. lol.. wishful thinking I know.. would cost way toooo much

Oops, I was on a sending e-mails rush and I think I might've accidentally sent one to this person... got a little trigger happy there.  Roll Eyes :PLet 'em know it was meant for someone else and if we are to send e-mails to this person I'll just send what I put here because the other version is too long.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: March 31, 2007, 09:39:04 pm »

Jeez, I should double-check my sources before I post stuff up. There was like 5 other people who proved me wrong, lol. Sorry about that!

Umm.. I have a question. If it's pretty much up to Alexis Bledel to consider being in Season 8, would the Save One Show thing actually make a difference? I mean, it's Alexis' decision.

Well honestly, we don't know. Winning the poll would probably just give us more leverage and reason to bring the show back, it would show The CW that they have to get GG back no matter what the cost cause it is clearly the most popular and it would show other fandoms who they are messing with! Really winning the poll can only help, but we don't know how much it would affect the shows actual returnal decision since its up to Alexis and not the network. Maybe winning the poll will get Kristen running around trying to convince Alexis to continue, we don't know. It is just really good to win that poll to show that not only is the show popular with TV people but also with the internet fanbase!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
logansLover
« Reply #1776 on: March 31, 2007, 09:55:36 pm »

Now, Something I clearly don't get is, Why drop a highly popular show, when all they are going to do is try to make other, more crappy shows that will run half a season, and then disappear into thin air! Somebody really never thught this out, becasue how much will it cost to start and end SO many shows?
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: March 31, 2007, 10:27:53 pm »

Hey I don't know if this got posted yet or anyone read this far down in Kristin's blog.. but she said...(sorry if it's already old news)
SOS Video Bonus:  Our SOS campaign also has a cool new feature this year. We're going to let you make your own Save One Show video, so you can show the world why you want your show to be rescued. We'll select the three best videos and air them on our broadband channel, the Vine. All you need to do is shoot your video on a Webcam, then upload your video here http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/video/

So whoever was talking about doing a video earlier yesterday or whatever, we should really try to pull together some awesome ideas on a video and whoever knows how to make a kick ass video can do that.. b/c I don't know how to.. but that would be so great to have the winning video be from someone on the org! 

Oh, that's right. Thanks for the reminder. If any of you are skilled and want to do it, the more representation for GG, the better. I wonder where it will be posted though. I haven't seen any on E!'s site so far, but maybe I'm not seeing where they're posted.   ??
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:30:48 pm by Luv2CGG » Logged

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: March 31, 2007, 10:32:07 pm »

Now, Something I clearly don't get is, Why drop a highly popular show, when all they are going to do is try to make other, more crappy shows that will run half a season, and then disappear into thin air! Somebody really never thught this out, becasue how much will it cost to start and end SO many shows?

Exactly!! What is the CW going to replace alot of their shows with right?  What new show could they possible bring in that would be better than Gilmore Girls staying.  Gilmore Girls is the only show that can get good ratings against American Idol as well.  It is one of the only shows that has stayed at that time because it still does so well.  They will lose more than gain if they don't keep Gilmore Girls.  They would definitely gain more by having Gilmore Girls next season, even if they have to pay the Girls alot, and they deserve to be paid more anyway (i think Rob talked about this a while back) rather than taking a chance on a new pilot and paying people less and the pilot not doing well.  The CW investing in Gilmore Girls 8th season is totally safe.  The CW can't afford to lose the Gilmore Girls and we can't either and we need Alexis to realize how valuable this next season will be for the show and for her.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 10:33:25 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
yensid85
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: March 31, 2007, 11:09:22 pm »

Hey,

I think there was talk of contacting Ellen about the Great8 but has anyone thought to contact Oprah? You never know. Her audience will do whatever she tells them to do.  Tongue

But then again, I can't really see her doing a whole show on saving a tv show. It's just a thought.

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: March 31, 2007, 11:15:04 pm »

Alright, I think I found a good newspaper in Calfironia that could possibly publish a "letter to the editor" article in the paper.  If you are interested in getting an article published, write a well written letter to the editor of the latimes here:  [email protected]

They need contact information and all that also, like name, mailing address, and phone number.  So a number of us may be contacted if you want to do this.  We could tell our stories right to them, wouldn't that be awesome to have an article printed out in a local newspaper in Cali where someone from the CW or the actors  or their managers could read it?  They said that the letters should be as brief as possible tho.  I hope they can help us, I'm going to try it out and see what happens, I sent my letter in asking if they would consider publishing something about the Great 8Mandate, if they say yes, then I'll write an offical letter.  I also like the idea of writing to ET and access hollywood.. and all.. I wish there was someway we could make a commercial about it and get it on the air.. lol.. wishful thinking I know.. would cost way toooo much  Grin

Great idea! Yeah, and me living out here in California, I can tell you that that newspaper does get read around here. So, that will probably be successful! But the article would have to have a title that would catch the readers' attention....especially the cast/producers. Because, as you know, I'm sure, that a lot of people just skim the paper, and only read the article if it has a good title.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: April 01, 2007, 01:42:05 am »

Hey everybody.  Great job with the letters, keep writing and posting.

Also dont forget about these links!!!!  Keep voting!

http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

Cheers
xxx

Please read Forum Rules
Mona
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: April 01, 2007, 03:55:45 am »

I want to send my letters tomorrow. To Alexis, Lauren, Scott, Paul Hewitt, Christine Glockler and Dawn Ostroff.
vietvet1
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: April 01, 2007, 08:04:24 am »

While I am a staunch supporter of having a season 8 and I agree with the buttons and banners and the letters, may I suggest one other idea that may help the creation of an 8th season?

I am sure many people out there want to see the show continue, but, remember, the original writers have left the building. With that in mind, imagine the burden on the person that is hired to continue writing the new shows.

Wouldn't it be a helpful thing if the fans started submitting some ideas to help out the writer, who must be feeling overwhelmed by the idea of continuing the Gilmore Girls story? It just so happens I have a thread, "Ideas for shows you wanted to see".

I'm not saying that submitting ideas for the show is the absolute answer but, hey, it couldn't hurt, could it?

Should I have posted this on a different thread?
jennifer11334
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Gilmore girls 4ever <3

View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: April 01, 2007, 08:17:35 am »

im not sure if this has been brought up or not but i found a website with a gg petition and it has a lot of signatures but we could use this for ideas it can be useful......
i was just thinking but heres the website
 http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?KGA&1

Lorelai: God, I'm nervous.Why am I nervous?
Rory: Because you're crazy.
Lorelai: Yes, good, thankyou.

~Babbette ate Oatmea~
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: