The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 07:53:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732191 times)
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: March 31, 2007, 10:14:23 am »

emily- i love the letter! great job Grin

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
~*emily*~
« Reply #1696 on: March 31, 2007, 10:45:48 am »

While I was on The CW website, someone said they met David Sutcliffe and he said there definately wasn't going to be another season and that he talked to Lauren and she signed off. What do you guys think of this? Huh
The girl who posted this is an OTH fan so I don't really trust her but she seems to know the names of the GG cast and stuff so I don't know what to believe.

Umm did someone say the met Sutcliffe online? if so, i don't belive that at all. even if that's not what they said, it's still not a reliable source, you know? i wouldn't worry about it. at all. Smiley

emily- i love the letter! great job Grin

thanks Gena!!!
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: March 31, 2007, 11:07:00 am »

Ok I haven't been on here in like a week.....[stupid midterms]...BUT. I'm back. And of course I just spent an hour reading through about 25 pages. And I'll try and recap my thoughts on all the topics being discussed:

FIRST OF ALL: The Fire
It was near (or in?) Universal City on a mountain in some sort of park. (Maybe Griffith? For those in socal who know what I'm talking about....)
Which is just over the hill from where the set of Gilmore Girls is, and near where I live.
And all of the news crews were reporting from Burbank, and they said there was a lot of smoke but none of the fire was in Burbank.
So I turned on the t.v. when I got out of school yesterday and it was breaking news on like 4 different channels.
I tuned in a few times to see what was going on, and from what i gather it wasn't near any buildings or homes.
There was no mandatory evacuation for anyone, just A LOT of smoke.
And I'm assuming that if there was enough smoke filming might've been set back a little bit.

However, Heidi mentioned that they were filming at USC, not on set, so GG was not affected at all.=)

SECOND OF ALL: Heidi and the USC info.
Cool. That was one full cup of optimism!
The crew seems optimistic enough!

THIRD OF ALL: Voting
*I am not worthy* lol....
FANTASTIC job guys!
Those other shows are voting like crazy....but we are doing so well!
I vote whenever I can and I usually do like 15 votes maybe 3 times a day.
I love the 15 minute thing. That's great!
Keep it going.

As of today, the leading shows (in alphabetical order) are Gilmore Girls, One Tree Hill, Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Supernatural  and Veronica Mars. The top two are in a tight race for first, and the other three are in a tight race for second. So, every vote counts, and we're counting every vote!

^WWEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

FOURTH OF ALL: Flowers.
Alright....I know this idea was abandoned a while ago....but like someone else (forgive me for not remembering who) mentioned a little while ago....it may be A REALLY GREAT IDEA.
Tons and tons of fanmail is great, but they might not even be reading it or getting it.
However, even if they don't personally recieve tons and tons of flowers they would certainly HEAR about bushels and bushels of yellow daisys arriving at the set!
If nothing else, it would give the cast and set a hoot and they'd think about us and the mandate.
Of course, there would be no way i would be able to spend that kind of money and I have a feeling others wouldn't as well.
However....I'd be more then happy to break out my green and yellow construction paper and start cutting!
I could make a boquet (sp?) As I'm ssure many other people could too.
Some could send real flowers, other paper flowers, yellow flower stickers?
ANYTHING having to do with yellow daisys.
We could perhaps organize a day for them all to arrive.
I'd be happy to organize it.

FIFTH OF ALL: other show's fans.
Wow...they're vicious.
Keep it civilized...but come on guys...we can do better then that!

SIXTH OF ALL: Photo campaign
WOW! The photos look great!
And I'm so happy that so many people are participating.
I will get mine up here in the next day or so!

AND FINALLY: Vanessa and other cast members.
Hi Vanessa!
Welcome to the boards.
That's really great that you're here.
I have a few friends who act at the stagedoor theatre and I do theatre other places, so that's a pretty cool connection.
Good going Britney!
Also...they know about us!
They know we exist!
WEEEEE!

Hahhahaha. SO that was my long post.
Let me know what you think about the flowers and other ideas.
KEEP writing to Ellen Degeneres!
Keep voting!
Just a thought: With all the work we're doing they should TOTALLY kick out the Aerie girls and replace them with some Great8Mandaters!
GREAT8MANDATE!

xoxox
Jenny
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 11:14:18 am by Gilmore_Lover » Logged

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: March 31, 2007, 11:17:18 am »

wow, nice post  Grin

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: March 31, 2007, 11:34:12 am »

There was a fire?

Yeah, check with the CW "GG" section at first I thought they were making it up but I guess not. God, I hope nothing got too burnt and everyone is okay  Embarrassed

Can someone post a link to the thing about the fire? I can't find it on the CW website...

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-brushfire31mar31,0,1502987,full.story?coll=la-home-headlines

(BTW, the link will probably only be active for around a week or so, unless the Wayback Machine or some other save-everything website caches it.)

In summary, while, yes, another poster is right that the fire was technically not in Burbank -- and despite some great but deceptive pictures of the fire coming near the Hollywood sign (the smoke was rising from the other side of a canyon in the mountains -- probably the place where they shot the tunnel-exchange scene in "V: The Final Battle" (yes, I'm dating myself), the Hollywood sign wasn't threatened because they were able to contain it.  The backside of the mountain heads toward WB Studio and includes homes and apartments of younger actors, the Forest Lawn Cemetary (where Marilyn's crypt is).  I lived in La Mesa, about a mile and a half south of the evacuation line for the "Cedar" fire, the biggest fire of the San Diego firestorm in October of 2003.  The studio had to have been evacuated as surface streets around the 101 in the area were shut down, and the 101 is what leads to the studio.  Yeah, I'm speculating, but probably everything on-site at Warner in my guesstimate lost around a day of shooting even if the smoke didn't drift in the direction of the studio simply because, well, when it's that close, you just get the heck out of there because if the winds change in your direction, you're screwed.  (Also, it's kinda hard to film if you're coughing throughout your lines, BID.)  Good thing that y'all reminded me that Gg was filming at [Phoebe Buffay] Usk [/Phobe Buffay] this week.  Still, though, if the winds had shifted and started heading toward Warner Studios, it might have been difficult to save Stars Hollow even though the actors were safe in another location.  Whew!

* Also, to go_clo -- it sounds like that OTH fan who spoke to Sutcliffe (or says that he/she did) might have garbled what Sutcliffe might have said or otherwise taken it out of context.  I think it's more likely that if Sutcliffe said anything, it was just to confirm that *he* wasn't going to be on the show next season.  (Everybody cheer now!)

-- Rob
UmustBe
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 32

View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: March 31, 2007, 01:07:31 pm »

Yeha and on facebook my friend said this girl said she saw a article that GG was signed on for an eighth season. ill try and get teh article

ELIZABETH ♥
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: March 31, 2007, 01:32:54 pm »

Elizabeth- WOW hopefully it IS a reliable source...please try to get the article so we can check Cheesy.

Jenny- lol wow....nice post!! yeah i like that flower idea too...i like the fake flower thing too...because the flowers wont like die b4 they get to the cast haha...or ever for that matter.

and that fire sure does suck! poor WB studios lol. and yeah Jenny u made a good point...heidi saw tehm filming at USC so yeah the GG cast and stuff shouldnt be affected...

dang fire season! every year where i live theres fires lol.

but yeah....keep voting on the polls people!=]
http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

Java Junkie Pleased
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1702 on: March 31, 2007, 01:49:41 pm »

I just wanted to drop in and say thank you to everyone for their continued support of the Great8Mandate.  We've done a terrific job of staying positive and optimistic, and that's very important.

Here's a quick recap on how new Great8ers can help save season 8:

1.  Get your vote on!  Both E! Online and TVGuide.com are currently running online polls where fans can vote for their favorite shows.  Take a moment and show your support for Gilmore Girls.  It takes less than 30 seconds and every little bit helps!

Star  E! Online poll:
http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

Star  TVGuide.com poll (bottom right of the screen):
http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx

2.  Continue to send in your letters of season 8 support (both via snail mail and e-mail).  Contact information can be found of the first post of this thread.

3.  Participate in the Great8Mandate Fan Photo Campaign.

Again, thank you!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1703 on: March 31, 2007, 01:53:29 pm »

Gilmore_Lover - Great post, I agree, I loved the flower idea, I'd love to help someone set this up and help out with whatever is needed, if they needed the help at least so if you needed help, please ask, I would love to help! Pleased

And I'm loving that we are famous! I'm considering sending an article to the newspaper where I live, I know a lot of people here love Gilmore Girls and would love to help out! So I'm gonna try that and see if it helps!

Oh and when is the last day to send in pictures? Because I'm creating/drawing something to help with this, I was almost done last night, and me being the perfectionist had to start over because I didn't like the writing, ha! But I'll post it tonight or tomorrow!

Lauren*
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 01:55:58 pm by Lauren xx 424 » Logged

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1704 on: March 31, 2007, 02:50:55 pm »

I say they should kick off the Aerie girls and put Heidi on instead!!!!

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: March 31, 2007, 02:51:06 pm »

Reposting this for those who didn't see this yesterday and would  be interested in doing this......

****VIDEO CLIP IDEA*****

Here's a fun creative idea. For those of you who have video editing skills and can make this, it could be a fun project.
My apologies if this has already been done.

So, I was thinking that a few people can put together clips from the Gilmore Girls where the characters are each saying a word that add up to a sentence.
Of course it would have a Season 8 theme to it.
Example: "We mandate Season 8 of the Gilmore Girls." 
     Rory would say "we"
     Lorelai would say "mandate" (hint: I know the word "mandate" was used this season when Christopher had to go on a man date with Jackson and Lorelai said 
    "mandate" a few times. )
    Emily would say Season
    Lane would say 8
    Lorelai says Gilmore
    Richard says Girls.

This is just an example, but you could use any sentence you want to edit together. You would need access to GG episodes to edit and use different characters to formulate any sentence of your choice.

They could be posted here and on youtube.

If you are interested in doing it, I think it would be a fun idea to share here! plus it's kind of fun to have the characters saying it.

Anyway, Hope I made sense.  What do you guys think?? Any interest in this??

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: March 31, 2007, 02:55:57 pm »

I can try to do it, I'm pretty much free all weekend and I can work on that. I have software to extract DVD clips on my PC and I have a Mac I can transfer to for the editing stuff. I'll try it, and hopefully it'll be coherent, although I'd be concerned with the saying just one word idea that leads up to a full sentence, it can be a bit choppy. Regardless, I'll give it a whirl and if it doesn't work out I'll still come up with something along the lines you're talking about. I'll get back to you all on Sunday night, that'll give me a good chunk of time to work with.

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: March 31, 2007, 02:59:08 pm »

ohh thats a good idea! if i was skilled in those areas i would DEFINATELY do it, but im not skilled haha. lol i know nothing about making videos! but yea its a really good idea!!

Java Junkie Pleased
DreamTramp
Town Resident

Community Points: 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1708 on: March 31, 2007, 03:02:44 pm »

emily I really love your letter! great job! Smiley

and great post Jenny.. I LOVE the flowers idea! it's so great!

and I was also wondering when the last day for posting the fanpics and stuff..

Oh, really loving the video idea! Maybe someone around here is skilled with making clips like that.. I'm only good on Windows Movie Maker =P

~Vanessa~
LOR: Well, because I was pregnant. Twins.
LUKE: Mine?
LOR: What am I dream tramp? Ofcourse yours.
divine
Town Resident

Community Points: 38

**Where you lead, I will follow**

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1709 on: March 31, 2007, 03:03:59 pm »

I think it's a pretty cool idea!! If it doesn't work out with everyone saying one word, maybe we could get back to Mona's idea about having everyone say the same sentence in a different language. Whatever idea we pick, I think we should make a video, that would be great - maybe spice it up with some music and pictures from the show Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: