The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 14, 2017, 01:50:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1764044 times)
Cayli
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

Live like there's no tomarrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1665 on: March 30, 2007, 09:17:15 pm »

I would like to thank everyone exactly 100 times for helping me out!  I got the picture there!!!  Yall are the greatest!!!

*Cayli*~Java Junkie~
Cayli
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

Live like there's no tomarrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1666 on: March 30, 2007, 09:39:36 pm »

Again, big thanks to everyone! Finished a letter and im going to mail it as soon as i get time.

*Cayli*~Java Junkie~
logansLover
« Reply #1667 on: March 30, 2007, 09:45:04 pm »

You guys have no clue how many times I have posted these links today! Or how many times I have been commented on my I support gilmore girls season 8 buttons, and I have it as my picture on my things, so, the news is spreading. And as for the mail, I have written a few, but I should be alittle more involved on that side of the call of duty

Oh, and cayli, hunny, Please don't starpost. Modify your orignal one to have all the qualitys you would like it too have!

Luv!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 09:46:55 pm by logansLover » Logged
DreamTramp
Town Resident

Community Points: 9

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1668 on: March 30, 2007, 09:54:21 pm »

I've been working on my letters, I'll probably be sending them out tomorrow... And I've been posting a million bulletins on myspace about voting and stuff. I didn't think it would work, but I've gotten even some non-GG fans to vote a million times... so I feel better that I'm not sitting here like a lump not doing a thing lol. Finally! I've just been lurking around and not doing a thing except maybe voting once in a while... =P

I think I've pasted the links so many times I've memorized the poll ones completely lol

~Vanessa~
LOR: Well, because I was pregnant. Twins.
LUKE: Mine?
LOR: What am I dream tramp? Ofcourse yours.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: March 30, 2007, 10:18:31 pm »

I've been working on my letters, I'll probably be sending them out tomorrow... And I've been posting a million bulletins on myspace about voting and stuff. I didn't think it would work, but I've gotten even some non-GG fans to vote a million times... so I feel better that I'm not sitting here like a lump not doing a thing lol. Finally! I've just been lurking around and not doing a thing except maybe voting once in a while... =P

I think I've pasted the links so many times I've memorized the poll ones completely lol

Wow thats amazing, non-GG fans? Shocked Great job! I passed the E! link on to a GG community on LJ and someone who had never even seen VM in there life voted for it just so that they didn't have to vote for GG, I almost popped them one Fight

I feel kinda useless here. I am posting links and passing them on like crazy and posting the news about the Great8Mandate but I don't have the resources to mail things and stuff. I'm 14 and haven't mailed anything in my life before so I need help from my mom and she won't help me (which is dumb since GG is her fave show) and I don't have a camera so I can't post a pic. I'm sooo thankful to minilorelai and Vanessa Marano for taking our letters to the set! Hopefully the links I'm passing on are also helping and getting others to particapate.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 10:20:14 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
DreamTramp
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1670 on: March 30, 2007, 10:23:30 pm »

I feel kinda useless here. I am posting links and passing them on like crazy and posting the news about the Great8Mandate but I don't have the resources to mail things and stuff. I'm 14 and haven't mailed anything in my life before so I need help from my mom and she won't help me (which is dumb since GG is her fave show) and I don't have a camera so I can't post a pic. I'm sooo thankful to minilorelai and Vanessa Marano for taking our letters to the set! Hopefully the links I'm passing on are also helping and getting others to particapate.

I don't think that's useless at all! You shouldn't say that. Useless is just sitting and staring and not even posting links or anything at all! Every little thing counts Smiley

~Vanessa~
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: March 30, 2007, 10:47:19 pm »

THE AUSSIELLO POLL IS UP TO 41% FOR GG!! keep voting!!

i missed the 15 minute thing earlier, but i willl do my own to catch up for it sometime soon Cheesy.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: March 30, 2007, 10:52:11 pm »

Quick thoughts:

• Two crew members specifically mentioned how they would be out of a job if Gilmore Girls didn't come back.  Maybe I think too much or am making a big generalization, but to me this means they must have a little hope for season 8 if they haven't already lined up new work.
  • One crew member told me it's a good sign that none of the Gilmore sets had yet been struck (taken down).
  • At least half of the people I spoke with mentioned how much they enjoyed working on the show.
  • I brought up the rumor of a Rory-less season 8 to one crew member and he mentioned that he'd heard rumblings of the same.  He added that Lauren has always stood by Alexis in the past, but concluded with, "Who knows.  We'll see." 

Star  Episode News:

* Howdy, Heidi.  I've just got to say that the information that you've gleaned here from crew members is the surest sign yet that s8 is a go.  First, if crew members specifically mention that they'd be out of a job if Gg were really end, then yeah, they absolutely 100% would have new jobs lined up already.  IMO, their not having new jobs lined up isn't wishful thinking, it's tacit admission that s8 is 99 and 44/100% sure to go.

* Yes, it's also a good sign that sets haven't been struck, but it depends on the sets.  Less-used sets (especially Swing sets) getting struck is no biggie.  Note:  Swing sets are temporary or not-often used sets that get struck once they're used or in-between uses, such as, say, Anna's house while any permanent set such as the Diner or the interiors of Lorelai's house are often called Hero sets (and often used props are Hero props, like Rory's laptop), etc.  I'm sure they're referring to the permanent sets, so again, that's a good sign.  The first time I took the studio tour at Warners in March of 2004, Friends had just finished its final taping the previous January, they were juuuuuust starting to build the Joey set on the Friends stage (stage 28) *and* I saw some of the flats from Central Perk on a storage cart, covered in a clear plastic canopy, off to storage.  (My second tour, in August of that year, the Central Perk set was in almost-recreated state in the Props Building, waiting to be carted off to the Smithsonian.

* At least half the people you talked to are saying how much they still enjoy working on the show after seven years?  That's a very good sign, especially if the rumors about Bledel's stonewalling have any truth.  Makes me think that Bledel has been stonewalling as just a negotiation tactic.

* Interesting about the rumor of a Rory-less s8.  Maybe they can get Kristin Bell to play some Gilmore relative next year, since VM is clearly toast.

Oh, and one of the bestest signs yet that Gg is coming back -- 7th Heaven has finally been cancelled.  Again!  This time for sure!  We hope!

Yes, I know, the current source is Wrongda, but it's actually not Wrongda, it's Khorbi, who's waaaay cooler and "gets" Gg when she reviews it.  The happy news about 7H's re-cancellation is at:
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=ba39e32f-b571-4d3b-a794-1d5a4a61f507

I suspect that since the 7H cast took severe paycuts to do this last season that they weren't going to do it again -- especially since they had a hard time getting, of all people, Mackenzie Frickin' Rosman back for this year.  This indicates to me that they're confident that they're on the verge of wrapping up successful negotiations of Gg s8.  I would even guess that an announcement will come sooner than May as good news for the season wrap party, especially, if say, it were also a farewell to Alexis (at the very least, as a lead), perhaps even in the next two weeks (the season finale wraps on April 13, unless the fire today set them behind a day or two in filming), April 30th at the latest.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai remains the sexiest MILF on television, and I didn't need this week's TV Guide to remind me.
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: March 30, 2007, 10:59:13 pm »

I don't think that's useless at all! You shouldn't say that. Useless is just sitting and staring and not even posting links or anything at all! Every little thing counts Smiley

Thanks Kiss

(the season finale wraps on April 13, unless the fire today set them behind a day or two in filming)

There was a fire? Shocked

DreamTramp
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1674 on: March 30, 2007, 11:12:50 pm »

Quick thoughts:

• Two crew members specifically mentioned how they would be out of a job if Gilmore Girls didn't come back.  Maybe I think too much or am making a big generalization, but to me this means they must have a little hope for season 8 if they haven't already lined up new work.
  • One crew member told me it's a good sign that none of the Gilmore sets had yet been struck (taken down).
  • At least half of the people I spoke with mentioned how much they enjoyed working on the show.
  • I brought up the rumor of a Rory-less season 8 to one crew member and he mentioned that he'd heard rumblings of the same.  He added that Lauren has always stood by Alexis in the past, but concluded with, "Who knows.  We'll see." 

Star  Episode News:

* Howdy, Heidi.  I've just got to say that the information that you've gleaned here from crew members is the surest sign yet that s8 is a go.  First, if crew members specifically mention that they'd be out of a job if Gg were really end, then yeah, they absolutely 100% would have new jobs lined up already.  IMO, their not having new jobs lined up isn't wishful thinking, it's tacit admission that s8 is 99 and 44/100% sure to go.

* Yes, it's also a good sign that sets haven't been struck, but it depends on the sets.  Less-used sets (especially Swing sets) getting struck is no biggie.  Note:  Swing sets are temporary or not-often used sets that get struck once they're used or in-between uses, such as, say, Anna's house while any permanent set such as the Diner or the interiors of Lorelai's house are often called Hero sets (and often used props are Hero props, like Rory's laptop), etc.  I'm sure they're referring to the permanent sets, so again, that's a good sign.  The first time I took the studio tour at Warners in March of 2004, Friends had just finished its final taping the previous January, they were juuuuuust starting to build the Joey set on the Friends stage (stage 28) *and* I saw some of the flats from Central Perk on a storage cart, covered in a clear plastic canopy, off to storage.  (My second tour, in August of that year, the Central Perk set was in almost-recreated state in the Props Building, waiting to be carted off to the Smithsonian.

* At least half the people you talked to are saying how much they still enjoy working on the show after seven years?  That's a very good sign, especially if the rumors about Bledel's stonewalling have any truth.  Makes me think that Bledel has been stonewalling as just a negotiation tactic.

* Interesting about the rumor of a Rory-less s8.  Maybe they can get Kristin Bell to play some Gilmore relative next year, since VM is clearly toast.

Oh, and one of the bestest signs yet that Gg is coming back -- 7th Heaven has finally been cancelled.  Again!  This time for sure!  We hope!

Yes, I know, the current source is Wrongda, but it's actually not Wrongda, it's Khorbi, who's waaaay cooler and "gets" Gg when she reviews it. The happy news about 7H's re-cancellation is at:
http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/detail/index.jsp?uuid=ba39e32f-b571-4d3b-a794-1d5a4a61f507

I suspect that since the 7H cast took severe paycuts to do this last season that they weren't going to do it again -- especially since they had a hard time getting, of all people, Mackenzie Frickin' Rosman back for this year.  This indicates to me that they're confident that they're on the verge of wrapping up successful negotiations of Gg s8.  I would even guess that an announcement will come sooner than May as good news for the season wrap party, especially, if say, it were also a farewell to Alexis (at the very least, as a lead), perhaps even in the next two weeks (the season finale wraps on April 13, unless the fire today set them behind a day or two in filming), April 30th at the latest.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai remains the sexiest MILF on television, and I didn't need this week's TV Guide to remind me.

Amazing points there! Makes me happy XD Yay! The more info we get [even the minor stuff] gives me a lott of hope... so yeah Smiley

And yeah....what fire? *looks around*

~Vanessa~
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: March 31, 2007, 01:16:45 am »

There was a fire?

Yeah, check with the CW "GG" section at first I thought they were making it up but I guess not. God, I hope nothing got too burnt and everyone is okay  Embarrassed

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: March 31, 2007, 01:44:58 am »

Wow that sounds pretty bad, I hope nothing in stars hollow got burnt and I hope everyone is alright. Sad

FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: March 31, 2007, 06:20:49 am »

There was a fire?

Yeah, check with the CW "GG" section at first I thought they were making it up but I guess not. God, I hope nothing got too burnt and everyone is okay  Embarrassed

Can someone post a link to the thing about the fire? I can't find it on the CW website...

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: March 31, 2007, 06:38:15 am »

I can't believe there was a fire!  Shocked

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: March 31, 2007, 06:38:58 am »

Just voted for 15 minutes straight for my own 15 miutes thing, since i wasnt here for it last night! Viva la Gilmore!!  Grin

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: