The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 13, 2017, 12:55:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1763513 times)
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1170 on: March 25, 2007, 10:12:46 am »

Hey Guys, just wanted to check in. It's all looking good, I'm almost painfully optimistic!

Something I wanted to weigh in on though is the VM bashing rearing its head on this forum.  Really, just because you feel so strongly for one show does not make it right for you to criticise other shows - and to personally attack their audience!

As a rabid GG fan AND a massive fan of VM, I really resent the generalisation that all VM viewers who are pushing for the show's renewal are doing so because they are "twelve years old" and don't have any more imagination.  I personally believe that Veronica Mars is one of the most innovative and highest quality shows to be made in a long time - SINCE THE INCEPTION OF GILMORE GIRLS, IN FACT.

So guess what?  I'm an educated, opinionated and passionate 20 year old who has the mental capacity to choose which shows she loves, and which shows she wants to fight for, WITHOUT feeling the need to denigrate the choices of other viewers.  I FULLY support the Great8Mandate's mission, and would be thrilled with another season - or ten - of Gilmore Girls, but felt the need to establish that it's entirely possible and in fact understandable to be enthusiastic about more than one show.  VM fans, and in fact fans participating in campaigns to save any show they feel is worthy, are ENTITLED TO DO SO WITHOUT BEING ATTACKED.

From Jocelyn, who'll ALWAYS be pushing for more Gilmore Girls.
I feel your pain.  I totally LOVE VM too....  I'm so torn!  I want more of both!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: March 25, 2007, 10:14:05 am »

I think the idea to have someone go to the Today Show and hold a sign is such a great idea!!!! Al Roker may see the sign and have the person on camera and ask them a little about it. Even if he doesn't, we'll get the exposure on national TV!!! I think it's definitely worth a shot!

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
FlyGrl0609
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: March 25, 2007, 10:22:53 am »

Hey guys! I was inspired by Razzlefrat! so I just wrote to Ellen also. I forgot to copy it before I submitted it so I can't give you verbatim but I'll do my best:

Dear Ellen,

First I would like to thank you for putting on such a great show. You are by far my favorite talk show host. With that in mind I was wondering if I could ask for your help. I am a huge fan of Gilmore Girls and as you may know the show is on the bubble for next year. I, and other like minded individuals at GilmoreGirls.org, are participating in The Great8Mandate to try to bring the show back next year. I know that you have had Laruen Graham as a guest several times, and have even been to the Stars Hollow set, so you know how great the show is and how sad the fans would be to lose it. I was hoping you could help bring some attention to our cuase. Anything you could do would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for you time.

Always a fan
Jennifer

~Hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey, monkey, underpants.~

I'll let you know if I get any kind of response!!

June: Rule #1 Don't propose to a girl on a bus.

~~~Headliner & Java Junkie all the way!~~~
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: March 25, 2007, 10:33:55 am »

I think I'm gonna send an e-mail to Ellen. As FlyGirl0609 said in her letter, Ellen knows a lot about the show. If she gets a lot of letters about the Great8Mandate I think it's hard to ignore that and hopefully she'll mention something. She likes feel-good stories, so if people have a personal story about GG in their life and want to share it with Ellen, feel free to do so.

Go Season 8 Go!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 10:40:25 am by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: March 25, 2007, 11:08:43 am »

My letter to Ellen:

Hey Ellen!
First of all, thank you for being so hilarious and having such an entertaining show! I know that you and Lauren Graham are good friends and I've seen her on your show numerous times. She is such a fantastic role model and an amazing actress. As you probably know, the CW network is in talks of cancelling Gilmore Girls. I know how many devoted fans this would affect, including myself. Therefore, I'm part of an online campaign at GilmoreGirls.org called the Great8Mandate.
I was hoping maybe you would mention this campaign on your show in an attempt to get the word out? Please help us maintain our weekly Gilmore fix!
Thank you so much!

xoxox
Jenny

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Lauren xx 424
Town Resident

Community Points: 11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1175 on: March 25, 2007, 11:30:35 am »

Its still not too late to email some of the people is it? I'd do anything to help get an 8th season! I've even spread the word around to a few other boards to those who love the show, and they are willing to send emails as well to help out!

-Lauren

*Lauren*

7.24.05 // 7.03.06 // *7.04.06* // 7.06.06 // 2.17.07 // 2.18.07
Kelly Clarkson && Gilmore Girls = Love Pleased

neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1176 on: March 25, 2007, 12:10:45 pm »

From everything I can find online, it appears to be in Alexis' hands (no pressure)... so although I already sent a letter to Lauren, I think I should try and reach Alexis. I'm thinking I can tell her about how my 3 year old daughter knows almost all the words the theme song, and we sing it together whenever it comes on (which is frequently since the only 2 things on my television are Nick Jr. and GG)... Also, the other day we were watching "The Party's Over", and my daughter was enthralled by the scence where Rory gets all dolled up in Emily's jewels... later she was playing and came back out in the living room with her dress up clothes on: a dress, high heels, a crown, necklaces, and bracelets, the whole nine yards- and she says to me "Look, Mommy,  I'm a princess just like Rory"... Grin C'mon, this show has even left an impression on the next generation!

any chance this story is cute enough to make an impact? my main question, is which is the most reliable address to reach Alexis?

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
ilikemuffinchunks
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: March 25, 2007, 12:40:38 pm »

I'm sorry but I am compleatly computer challenged--- how do I get one of those The Great 8 Mandate to come up every time I post?
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1178 on: March 25, 2007, 01:11:29 pm »

I think Ellen is a good person to send letters too.  She has had Lauren on the show so many times.  Haha, I love the song, if anyone's seen that.  If enough of us send letters about G8M she will probley say something about it!
From everything I can find online, it appears to be in Alexis' hands (no pressure)... so although I already sent a letter to Lauren, I think I should try and reach Alexis. I'm thinking I can tell her about how my 3 year old daughter knows almost all the words the theme song, and we sing it together whenever it comes on (which is frequently since the only 2 things on my television are Nick Jr. and GG)... Also, the other day we were watching "The Party's Over", and my daughter was enthralled by the scence where Rory gets all dolled up in Emily's jewels... later she was playing and came back out in the living room with her dress up clothes on: a dress, high heels, a crown, necklaces, and bracelets, the whole nine yards- and she says to me "Look, Mommy,  I'm a princess just like Rory"... Grin C'mon, this show has even left an impression on the next generation!

any chance this story is cute enough to make an impact? my main question, is which is the most reliable address to reach Alexis?

Aww!  That's so cute!    I think it would be a good story to send to any of the cast, but especially Alexis!  I'm 13 and my friends and I still play pretend to be Lorelai and Rory! (we have no lives)  And I drive my mom NUTS everytime the theme song!  Lol, kinda random....
author=ilikemuffinchunks link=topic=6630.msg304177#msg304177 date=1174851638]
I'm sorry but I am compleatly computer challenged--- how do I get one of those The Great 8 Mandate to come up every time I post?
Go to your "Profile" and click "Forum Profile Information" and then you put in the image code (from photobucket).  But in the future, these questions can go in the "Community Center" section.  But, it's okay this time.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:21:06 pm by KrazyKutie318 » Logged

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Mona
Town Resident

Community Points: 16

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: March 25, 2007, 01:13:45 pm »

@neverapuff: It's a great story. I don't know a good adresse.  Undecided
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1180 on: March 25, 2007, 01:22:23 pm »

I would try ...

Alexis Bledel

c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

I used it myself last week. Smiley

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: March 25, 2007, 01:28:39 pm »

Lauren No! It's not too late t write any of the addresses provided by Heidi in the beginning of the thread! Feel free to write as much as you'd like! We are still busy working on this, just as much as ever! Until we hear a final answer, I don't think we should stop our efforts! It's never too late! Thanks for helping!! Smiley

Laura Thanks for the support of the NYC thing - I wish I lived closer to NYC so it wouldn't be so hard to get out there! I'm really thinking about spring break myself, Rebecca but that's why I was finding out if Heidi knew of when we should hear of whether or not there will be a season 8?! If it's not too late to go by spring break for me - I'm really thinking about it! (Later April) I'll keep you posted!

neverapuff sounds good to me! Here's the address that I found:
Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

Good luck!
(sorry, totally didn't see Heidi has posted this same one a second ago...at least it must be correct!) I'm going to write my letter to her right now!!!

ilikemuffinchunks are you speaking of the great8mandate pendents? As a sig? If you want it as your sig, you just have to save it to your computer, upload to an image host such as Photobucket, and go to Profile and insert the link. If that's not what you're talking about, please explain so someone may help you! Smiley

Keep staying positive and keep writing! Its so awesome to see so many people joining forces in support of one thing! I have a few more letters I'd like to get out...even if we've written to someone, Heidi has said it's alright to write to them again. I am waiting a few weeks and then writing again! It can't hurt! Smiley

Viva la Gilmore! Tongue
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 01:31:16 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmoregirl0034
Town Resident

Community Points: 1

ABC family at 5 and CW tuesdays at 8!! my favorite

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: March 25, 2007, 01:39:22 pm »

"It is never to late to stand up for something you believe in"- sorry for that random qoute but geeze, i really hope all of the letters are actually getting read and are being taken into consideration.

"I have absolutely no intrest in changing myself in order for people to like me more.... I'm in a very good, healthy place.  I've got an amazing family.  I have a wonderful job, and people aren't sick of me yet."
04/16/2003 -Shannen Doherty
CRUSADERS
Not ready to say Goodbye to Gilmore Girls!!!
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: March 25, 2007, 02:20:39 pm »

"It is never to late to stand up for something you believe in"- sorry for that random qoute but geeze, i really hope all of the letters are actually getting read and are being taken into consideration.

I dont think that your quote is random at all. Especially on this board...I think that its uplifting!!!!!!!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 25, 2007, 02:27:49 pm »

Just out of curiousity, has the flower/daisy idea been decided against? I was going to send flowers myself if we decide not to do it as a group effort. Just wondering if I should keep holding out or not.

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: