The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 08:33:46 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765730 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1155 on: March 24, 2007, 11:44:58 pm »

Did we ever find out if it's okay to constantly vote in the E! online poll? Because I put that page into my favorites and I have discovered that if I open a new browser window, go to the page, vote, exit the window, open another new window, and go to the page...I am able to vote again! And this repeats itself. Sometimes I need to procrastinate from homework so I could devote a half hour or something to constant voting  Grin

Hey...whatever it takes!

My personal opinion is vote as many times as you want. Smiley  Bring it on!

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: March 25, 2007, 12:04:35 am »

Did we ever find out if it's okay to constantly vote in the E! online poll? Because I put that page into my favorites and I have discovered that if I open a new browser window, go to the page, vote, exit the window, open another new window, and go to the page...I am able to vote again! And this repeats itself. Sometimes I need to procrastinate from homework so I could devote a half hour or something to constant voting Grin

Hey...whatever it takes!

My personal opinion is vote as many times as you want. Smiley Bring it on!

~Heidi

Very well  Smiley 

I have just completed a 15 minute period of constant voting. I shall edit this post shortly when I tally up my number of votes!

EDIT: Okay I have the final tally...before I announce it I just wanna say how much I love having fast internet! In 15 minutes I voted 155 times!!!! I can do that like once or maybe twice a day til voting ends. Muahahaha!!!!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 12:11:24 am by the girls4ever » Logged

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Jocelyn
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Oy with the poodles already!

View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: March 25, 2007, 01:33:10 am »

Hey Guys, just wanted to check in. It's all looking good, I'm almost painfully optimistic!

Something I wanted to weigh in on though is the VM bashing rearing its head on this forum.  Really, just because you feel so strongly for one show does not make it right for you to criticise other shows - and to personally attack their audience!

As a rabid GG fan AND a massive fan of VM, I really resent the generalisation that all VM viewers who are pushing for the show's renewal are doing so because they are "twelve years old" and don't have any more imagination.  I personally believe that Veronica Mars is one of the most innovative and highest quality shows to be made in a long time - SINCE THE INCEPTION OF GILMORE GIRLS, IN FACT.

So guess what?  I'm an educated, opinionated and passionate 20 year old who has the mental capacity to choose which shows she loves, and which shows she wants to fight for, WITHOUT feeling the need to denigrate the choices of other viewers.  I FULLY support the Great8Mandate's mission, and would be thrilled with another season - or ten - of Gilmore Girls, but felt the need to establish that it's entirely possible and in fact understandable to be enthusiastic about more than one show.  VM fans, and in fact fans participating in campaigns to save any show they feel is worthy, are ENTITLED TO DO SO WITHOUT BEING ATTACKED.

From Jocelyn, who'll ALWAYS be pushing for more Gilmore Girls.

Christopher: “This town is like one big outpatient mental institution.”
Long live Stars Hollow!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1158 on: March 25, 2007, 01:41:43 am »

Hi Jocelyn,

I've always maintained that Gilmore fans should simply support the show and not bring anyone else down in the process.  In response to Veronica fans being generalized as 12-year-olds ... that's definitely not true.  I doubt your average 12-year-old could keep up with the twist and turns of the show ... and Miss Mars' wit. Smiley

So, as a gentle reminder to everyone ... don't hate, celebrate, season 8.  Wink

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 03:38:22 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
SnowPrincess
Diner Regular

Community Points: 59

View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: March 25, 2007, 04:29:35 am »

I'm going to send a Dear Ellen message to Ellen DeGeneres, is this something along the lines of what it should say? Comments?

Hello Ellen,
My name is Rebecca and I am a member of the gilmoregirls.org forum.  You may or may not know that this is very likely going to be the last season of Gilmore Girls, and all of the forumers do not want this!  That is why we have started the Great8Mandate; to try to convince the writers/producers/actors/etc. of the show to do another season.  We know that you have had Lauren Graham on your show several times and even been to the set of gg. with her and Alexis Bledel.  If it is possible, we would love to have you mention the Great8Mandate sometime on your show. It would mean so much to fans all over the world!
Thanks,

Hey Rebecca, do you mind if I send her one, too? I mean, I dont want to steal your idea or anything, but I was having trouble deciding who to send a letter to, and I LOVE her show so it would be great for me, too! Besides, If multiple people send e-mails to her about it, she'll be more likely to talk about it on the show, right?

Edit: Agh! I went to the show website to see how you send her a message with the "Dear Ellen" stuff and you have to put your name, number adress and all that, my parents are super-strict about me putting personal info. online....besides you have to be over 18.......oh well, maybe in 3 years, but by then the Great8Mandate will be over....Hm...maybe I'll write to Ausiello..

Okay, guys I just wrote to Ausiello thanking him for mentioning the Great8Mandate and reminding him to please mention it again whenever he feels appropriate (Like whenever he meets and gets in touch with anyone who has power at the CW)... Grin
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 04:49:53 am by SnowPrincess » Logged

Flyswatter~Spree~Noodie~Lauren Fan~and JavaJunkie above all (Have F.A.I.T.H.)
            I support the Great8Mandate!

^ This wonderful banner, was made by Euran, not me.
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: March 25, 2007, 05:49:22 am »

Just voted over 100 times. Wooooooooooo.....
Im lovin it!!! Smiley

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

lorelai614
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: March 25, 2007, 06:47:25 am »

Im lovin it!!! Smiley

wow!
i only voted 10 times and counting
but my computer takes FOREVER to load
especially when you have more than one window up
grrrrr
but i am trying my best!  Smiley Smiley

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: March 25, 2007, 06:51:03 am »

Im lovin it!!! Smiley

wow!
i only voted 10 times and counting
but my computer takes FOREVER to load
especially when you have more than one window up
grrrrr
but i am trying my best!  Smiley Smiley

Every little bit helps!!! We all rock!!!

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: March 25, 2007, 07:19:05 am »

I'm going to send a Dear Ellen message to Ellen DeGeneres, is this something along the lines of what it should say? Comments?

Hello Ellen,
My name is Rebecca and I am a member of the gilmoregirls.org forum.  You may or may not know that this is very likely going to be the last season of Gilmore Girls, and all of the forumers do not want this!  That is why we have started the Great8Mandate; to try to convince the writers/producers/actors/etc. of the show to do another season.  We know that you have had Lauren Graham on your show several times and even been to the set of gg. with her and Alexis Bledel.  If it is possible, we would love to have you mention the Great8Mandate sometime on your show. It would mean so much to fans all over the world!
Thanks,

Hey Rebecca, do you mind if I send her one, too? I mean, I dont want to steal your idea or anything, but I was having trouble deciding who to send a letter to, and I LOVE her show so it would be great for me, too! Besides, If multiple people send e-mails to her about it, she'll be more likely to talk about it on the show, right?

Edit: Agh! I went to the show website to see how you send her a message with the "Dear Ellen" stuff and you have to put your name, number adress and all that, my parents are super-strict about me putting personal info. online....besides you have to be over 18.......oh well, maybe in 3 years, but by then the Great8Mandate will be over....Hm...maybe I'll write to Ausiello..

Okay, guys I just wrote to Ausiello thanking him for mentioning the Great8Mandate and reminding him to please mention it again whenever he feels appropriate (Like whenever he meets and gets in touch with anyone who has power at the CW)... Grin

Just a note to you, I'm under 18 too and I unckecked that box, it doesnt stop you.  So if your parents come around, send something to ellen!

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: March 25, 2007, 07:22:49 am »

Hey Everybody!!

Rebecca (Razzlefrat) made her own season 8 badge and wanted to share it with everyone - I'm just hosting hte picture for her:

Enjoy wearing it Rebecca and great effort!!!

Caryn
xxx

Thanks sooooo much Caryn for putting this up!
xoxox
~rebecca

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: March 25, 2007, 07:50:04 am »

Rebecca You're right...it was the Today Show that I was thinking with Al Rocker! I don't know that Good Morning America does anything outside with viewers/ fans?! If you live close enough and you're not spending a lot of extra money to go there...I was just thinking that it would be just one more way to get the word out! If someone had a big sign with 'Great8Mandate' and something that said what it was...what do you think?? Only do it if you're safe and with someone, of course! I used to live out east and loved how I could just go to NYC without much of an effort, but now it takes a plan ticket and some planning! Tongue Anyway, that was my only thought on that, just to get the publicity going - and TRL may be another good one, it would reach a lot of fans probably...I think they do the same thing, people stand outside the window, right? Just a thought...

LOVE your Great8Mandate button that you created!! Great work! Smiley

Star Regarding the Ophra idea I had previous...I don't know that she'd be too welcoming of this but it's worth a try. She's really changed a lot in my humble opinion and 10 years ago she may but now, I'm not so sure. If someone found a way to contact her people, THANKS that's wonderful!

What about someone on The View?? Or, Larry King? haha Silly sounding but hey, anything is possible, right?

Just some thoughts, again...I'll look into the reality of them and report back later today!

Here's the e! online poll link again...keep the voting coming!!
http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: March 25, 2007, 08:12:43 am »

I'd love to go and try to wave a Mandate sign on the Today show, but I'd have to get there RRREEEAAALLYY early!  I might not be able to go, but I'd DEFFINATELY like to try!
Thanks!   I made like millions of pins and the other pendents! I'm handing them out to everyone I know!  Grin

PS. I've just discoverd new ways to vote multiple times on the E-poll! Yes!

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: March 25, 2007, 08:18:06 am »

Rebecca You're so awesome! I'm going to try to make Great8Mandate pendents too and pass them around...I don't have contact with many people who would willingly take them, unfortunately...but I will set some out at the college and maybe people will take them?! Smiley

Don't go out to NYC unless you want to! It was just an idea that I had woken up with one morning! I would LOVE to use that as an excuse to go back out there! I miss it so much!! haha I just need to do a bit of planning -

Heidi Any idea of when we will hear a final answer regarding Gilmore Girls returning next season? I don't know all the legal stuff and/ or how long cast members have to decide if they are returning, how long the CW has to book the show, etc. etc. but just curious. No big deal, I'm willing to keep working on this until the very end! Just thought in planning efforts it might be nice to know some kind of time frame if possible. Thanks!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
JavaJunkiee
Diner Chef

Community Points: 269

GG and HP obsessed :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1168 on: March 25, 2007, 08:30:10 am »

Does anyone know when they will officially tell us is there will be an 8th season of our beloved girls?

Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: March 25, 2007, 08:33:28 am »

Rebecca You're so awesome! I'm going to try to make Great8Mandate pendents too and pass them around...I don't have contact with many people who would willingly take them, unfortunately...but I will set some out at the college and maybe people will take them?! Smiley

Don't go out to NYC unless you want to! It was just an idea that I had woken up with one morning! I would LOVE to use that as an excuse to go back out there! I miss it so much!! haha I just need to do a bit of planning -

Heidi Any idea of when we will hear a final answer regarding Gilmore Girls returning next season? I don't know all the legal stuff and/ or how long cast members have to decide if they are returning, how long the CW has to book the show, etc. etc. but just curious. No big deal, I'm willing to keep working on this until the very end! Just thought in planning efforts it might be nice to know some kind of time frame if possible. Thanks!

Well, now this idea seems like something I'd really want to do (or at east be a part of).  hmmmm i have friends in NYC, who could deffinately get there early and i also might be going sometime over my spring break...I'll keep ya posted if i go!  Cheesy
xoxox
~rebecca

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: