The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 23, 2017, 08:53:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1734752 times)
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: March 24, 2007, 06:02:11 am »

I'm going to send a Dear Ellen message to Ellen DeGeneres, is this something along the lines of what it should say? Comments?

Hello Ellen,
My name is Rebecca and I am a member of the gilmoregirls.org forum.  You may or may not know that this is very likely going to be the last season of Gilmore Girls, and all of the forumers do not want this!  That is why we have started the Great8Mandate; to try to convince the writers/producers/actors/etc. of the show to do another season.  We know that you have had Lauren Graham on your show several times and even been to the set of gg. with her and Alexis Bledel.  If it is possible, we would love to have you mention the Great8Mandate sometime on your show. It would mean so much to fans all over the world!
Thanks,

Awesome Razzlefrat! But, maybe make it A little more personal... if you tell her why GG is so close to your heart... you could appeal to her heart! Just a thought...

Anyways, Im thrilled by your efforts *pretty stick*

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: March 24, 2007, 06:45:44 am »

ok, thanx!  Smiley

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: March 24, 2007, 07:08:02 am »

Just to let you all know.. Ive been emailing any and every entertainment reporter whose email address I can find. I dont want to get anyones hopes up... but I have a couple who are interested in maybe writing a piece about our efforts! Lets show them how its done! Mandate like there's no tomorrow!!!

<3 Ash

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1143 on: March 24, 2007, 09:59:22 am »

Wow!  So much has happened while I was gone!  I can't possibly go back and read 25 or so pages, so, has anything significant happened that I missed? 

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: March 24, 2007, 10:07:29 am »

Cool cool.
Just as long as it's very clear, so it will show up in a picture.
Fantastic job, guys!
There's still hope!
And thanks for posting that link, sooks!
I'm glad to know we are not the only ones!
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: March 24, 2007, 12:05:09 pm »

Just to let you all know.. Ive been emailing any and every entertainment reporter whose email address I can find. I dont want to get anyones hopes up... but I have a couple who are interested in maybe writing a piece about our efforts! Lets show them how its done! Mandate like there's no tomorrow!!!

<3 Ash

AWESOME that you're doing that, Ash! I was just thinking about who we could contct that has to do with the Oprah show. She was all about the Friends cast and several other shows that ended...perhaps she'd do a short segment or something on the Great8Mandate to save a show before it reaches the final stage. She seems to be all about 'feelings' and doing something good. I don't know, just a thought. I just would have no idea who to contact over there! I'll check her website in a second.

Razzlefrat Keep up the great efforts!! I think the personal is the way to go with any letters! It's wonderful to obviously mention the ORG and the Great8Mandate...but making it personal will show the person we're contacting that they are specifically written and just that...personal! That should help get the importance and meaning across too! Great job!! Keep it up!! Smiley

Idea...does anyone live around NYC or going to NYC anytime soon?? I was just thinking that if possible, it would be so AWESOME to get a shot of a poster for the Great8Mandate when the weather guy goes out to do the Good Morning America weather on national TV. (I think that's the show, I wake up too early to watch it anymore) But, you know what you mean, I think. I was on that part once and we had signs saying hi to everyone back in MN (where I'm from) and promoting our theater production at school. (I was in highschool at the time, long ago) Anyway, I don't know how they decide who they focus on or show for that segemant that the weather is being done, but it's worth a try if it's possible. I was even thinking as crazy as I could use a good trip - what about NYC?! I love going there! haha
Eh, creative but don't know how realistic it is unless someone lives around there and could go there easier. I'll keep the thought and you never know...I'm crazy like that! Smiley hahaha Just an idea....

Keep thinking BIG everyone! I don't think there's a limit to this...I think the bigger the better! The worst that will happen is we'll get a letter back from someone stating they aren't in support and then, we know and won't bother them. Right??! Keep up the GREAT work everyone!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:14:29 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: March 24, 2007, 12:59:19 pm »

I live in Montclair, NJ and i go to NYC a lot...is there anything i can do for your idea, Sooks?
~rebecca

ps. there's also Al Roker on the Today Show...

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
KrazyKutie318
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 6

I'm Trish! LUKE*<3*LORELAI

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1147 on: March 24, 2007, 02:37:15 pm »

<3 Ash

AWESOME that you're doing that, Ash! I was just thinking about who we could contct that has to do with the Oprah show. She was all about the Friends cast and several other shows that ended...perhaps she'd do a short segment or something on the Great8Mandate to save a show before it reaches the final stage. She seems to be all about 'feelings' and doing something good. I don't know, just a thought. I just would have no idea who to contact over there! I'll check her website in a second.

Razzlefrat Keep up the great efforts!! I think the personal is the way to go with any letters! It's wonderful to obviously mention the ORG and the Great8Mandate...but making it personal will show the person we're contacting that they are specifically written and just that...personal! That should help get the importance and meaning across too! Great job!! Keep it up!! Smiley

Idea...does anyone live around NYC or going to NYC anytime soon?? I was just thinking that if possible, it would be so AWESOME to get a shot of a poster for the Great8Mandate when the weather guy goes out to do the Good Morning America weather on national TV. (I think that's the show, I wake up too early to watch it anymore) But, you know what you mean, I think. I was on that part once and we had signs saying hi to everyone back in MN (where I'm from) and promoting our theater production at school. (I was in highschool at the time, long ago) Anyway, I don't know how they decide who they focus on or show for that segemant that the weather is being done, but it's worth a try if it's possible. I was even thinking as crazy as I could use a good trip - what about NYC?! I love going there! haha
Eh, creative but don't know how realistic it is unless someone lives around there and could go there easier. I'll keep the thought and you never know...I'm crazy like that! Smiley hahaha Just an idea....

Keep thinking BIG everyone! I don't think there's a limit to this...I think the bigger the better! The worst that will happen is we'll get a letter back from someone stating they aren't in support and then, we know and won't bother them. Right??! Keep up the GREAT work everyone!

I love the Oprah idea!  I think it would be hard to get a hold of Oprah's people, but we could do it if we work really hard!  And the GMA weather idea is good too, but TRL is in the same area too, right?  We could have somebody, or even a bunch of people wear a Great8Mandate and Gilmore Girls shirts and try to get in and do a shoutout or something.  That way we would be reaching a larger age range of viewers; The teens, and the 30+.  Not to say 30+ don't watch TRL, though!

Lorelai: Bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattlesnake monkey monkey underpants!
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: March 24, 2007, 02:42:54 pm »

Alright guys, I emailed Oprah's people! Keep your fingers crossed!!!  Dance

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: March 24, 2007, 03:39:05 pm »

Hey Everybody!!

Rebecca (Razzlefrat) made her own season 8 badge and wanted to share it with everyone - I'm just hosting hte picture for her:

Enjoy wearing it Rebecca and great effort!!!

Caryn
xxx

Please read Forum Rules
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: March 24, 2007, 03:41:19 pm »

It does my heart so good to see how dedicated everyone is to helping this show! I like the idea of emailing talk show hosts! Hit all the bases!! Grin The weather idea is good too! Smiley Keep up the great work guys!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
ObessedwithGG
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1151 on: March 24, 2007, 05:43:14 pm »

I wished I lived near NYC, because I would totally wake up at a crazy and ungodly hour to go and hold a sign for either GMA or the Today Show, however...I don't.  So, I'm just going to keep emailing and snail mailing everyone I can think of!  I've sent letters this week to Dawn O. and Lauren. 

Things aren't over till they're over...

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
nevaeh11084
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

"I just...like to see you happy"

View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: March 24, 2007, 06:34:07 pm »

F. Once again---I'm broke.
   So my idea of the moment is that I do happen to LOVE collage and I'm pretty good at it too=)
   So what if Copperboom or some other graphic wonder on the board designed some sort of full page sign.
   (i.e. saying somehting like Great8Mandate, or Viva La Gilmore!, or something else clever.)
   And then everyone printed it out from their own computer.
   Everyone takes a picture with the sign.
   You know, showing the faces of all the zillions of GG fans uniting under one sign.
   And everyone can get really creative (i.e. have your dog hold the sign in its mouth, tape it to a sleeping baby...anything really)
   And then send the signs to me and I'll make a giant collage poster of all the pictures and take it over to the set. (I live really close.)
   Lemme knwo what you think!

haha that is so creative, such a good idea. I would be more then happy to make that piece of art if you guys give me some ideas on what to put on it.

hmmm ok well one should definitely say "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?" that one is so great

We've been Gilmored!

Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

Season 8 is Written in the Stars

Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!

You could add your sig also:

Season 8 Please!!!  Once Gilmore Girls is in your life, it's in you life forever.

Thats awesome too!!! Grin I'm going to do that!!

Cool....so, who's in?
Because its only gonna work out if we have A LOT of pictures.
And send those letters to Ellen Degeneres!
I have a REALLY GOOD feeling that she WILL help us!
<3

IM IN!!!! JUST LET ME KNOW WHEN AND WHERE TO SEND THE PICS!! {MY 5 YEARS OLD NEPHEW LOVES GG, E EVEN NAMED HIS BUILD A BEAR LUKE DANES!! SO ILL DEFINITLY TAKE A PIC OF HIM WITH A SIGN!!}

"I just...like to see you happy"
<3 JavaJunkie
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: March 24, 2007, 07:55:38 pm »

^That's so cute lol!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: March 24, 2007, 11:39:43 pm »

Did we ever find out if it's okay to constantly vote in the E! online poll? Because I put that page into my favorites and I have discovered that if I open a new browser window, go to the page, vote, exit the window, open another new window, and go to the page...I am able to vote again! And this repeats itself. Sometimes I need to procrastinate from homework so I could devote a half hour or something to constant voting  Grin

Hey...whatever it takes!

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: