The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2017, 04:53:30 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732593 times)
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1125 on: March 23, 2007, 02:43:04 pm »

How can i post a pic of the pin i made?

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: March 23, 2007, 02:49:49 pm »

Completely agree with you Heidi. I think it's only right that if everyone else is doing it, we should too but in my opinion, no one should be doing it and yes I think that if I had to pick any poll on the net for GG to win at, it would be this one! I think if we win, all the better but I don't think it will make a HUGE difference. Better safe then sorry though right?

I seriously think it is ridiculous that the networks take the online poll seriously.  I hate that people vote a million times each.  If Veronica or OTH wins its just because they voted so many times each.  This is because everyone that watches these shows are 12 and have nothing better to do but sit at their computer for hours and stuff the ballot box.  Personally, I have a life and school and don't have time to sit at the computer.  You can't tell me that OTH got another season because of Kristin's online poll.  If they did, then there is a serious problem with the world.   It's just so annoying.  Gilmore Girls should be on a different network because the CW is the "young" people network and alot of age groups watch Gilmore Girls because it is such good quality.  You can't seriously tell me that Veronica has impacted people's lives like Gilmore Girls has.  Gilmore Girls should still be at least top three because other than those other two, the other shows are more for adults and people who have things to do right? Oh and Supernaturnal.  I just think it would be funny if all the CW shows were at the top, seriously, that would look funny because it is all young people that are voting alot and then it should show that the poll isn't accurate.  So keep spreading the word and link.

I completely agree. I don't think the network really takes those polls seriously but if they do, they are freaking idiots. The OTH and VM fans are being completely lame, they can't even be mature enough to let their shows win fair (or another show) I think both GG and SPN should be on different networks because they both get really unappreciated because of the network they are on. I bet GG would have close to 10 million viewers right now if they were on a different, better, less kiddie network. Oh well, at least the President of the network knows she has a good show on her hands and is going to do anything it takes to keep it (if that rumor is even true)

Michael Ausiello is bugging me so much these days.  I originally thought that he was a big time Gilmore fan and then in the podcast, there was a television comparison to Gilmore Girls, and someone was Louise and he didn't even know who she was.  Whoa, lost points there.  And in his recent post about bumping the Gilmore Girls finale, he had no emotion at all, and then was all thrilled that Veronica Mars was stciking with the schedule from before and was relieved.  I would hope that he would put an 8th season on Gilmore Girls before Veronica Mars, and he is supposed to be such great friends with Lauren.  Anyways, I thought he was different then alot of the info hungry gossip columnists, but apparently he isn't.  It seems like he has really changed.  I don't really know why I am talking about this, but whatever, mini rant over.

I thought that too, I thought he was a dedicated GG fan, he is so close to Lauren apparently but he won't support her show? Backstabber!!
I liked him up until this GG vs VM thing! He's being pretty jerky right now!

Also, I think that it is worse news that Veronica isn't being bumped forward a week because the CW doesn't feel it is good enough or important enough to have more episodes in May sweeps, like they are just trying to get the episodes over with.  I would think that Veronica Mars fans would be kind of upset about this, but they are all 12, so they wouldn't realize anyway.  Maybe they are trying to get better ratings by having more new GG episodes with new VM episodes, even though that doesn't work.

I don't know if it has already been said, probably, but Gilmore Girls won't be a new episode til April 17th, not the 10th.

With you on that, I am glad GG got moved back a week, I'm going crazy not being able to watch it but I like that we got some more time.

Yes, if we are going to give the collage we need alot of pictures!  Shoot, I forget who said that they would do the collage, but can you post your email address and then we can start emailing you pics, and then you can kind of see how many you are actually going to get.  Even if there is not alot of pictures, you can still mail them in a big envelope with a bunch of letters or something.

I can put the Collage together but I can't send it Undecided Sorry. If I put it together, I will need someone else to print it off and send it. If there is someone out there who can do both, then by all means, please do Smiley It would make more sence if the person putting together the collage also sends it but I can put the thing together if no one else can.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: March 23, 2007, 02:52:03 pm »

Hey Razzlefrat!  You need to have your pic hosted on a web hosting site such as photobucket (which is free) and then the image can be placed here.

If you don't want to do that PM me and I'll give you my email address - you can email it to me and I'll host it for you.

Cheers
Caryn

If gilmore girls stops after this season will the forum go on?Huh

Heidi has always said, as long as people keep coming, the site will remain.  

Please read Forum Rules
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: March 23, 2007, 02:52:35 pm »

Just a note that I've managed to vote 3 times today simply by visiting the voting page again after my internet browser had closed.  I didn't clear the cookies or anything like that, just stumbled upon this fact after having closed my browser.  Maybe it's just my computer, but I guess it's worth a try!

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: March 23, 2007, 03:06:24 pm »

Hey Razzlefrat!  You need to have your pic hosted on a web hosting site such as photobucket (which is free) and then the image can be placed here.

If you don't want to do that PM me and I'll give you my email address - you can email it to me and I'll host it for you.

Cheers
Caryn

Thanks! I'll PM you now.
~rebecca

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: March 23, 2007, 03:41:41 pm »

I think Michael Ausiello has a bit of an ego problem.  He's a big time celebrity (at least in his own mind), and i think its gone to his head.  I don't pay him much attention anymore. 
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: March 23, 2007, 04:14:28 pm »

Yes, if we are going to give the collage we need alot of pictures!  Shoot, I forget who said that they would do the collage, but can you post your email address and then we can start emailing you pics, and then you can kind of see how many you are actually going to get.  Even if there is not alot of pictures, you can still mail them in a big envelope with a bunch of letters or something.

I can put the Collage together but I can't send it Undecided Sorry. If I put it together, I will need someone else to print it off and send it. If there is someone out there who can do both, then by all means, please do Smiley It would make more sence if the person putting together the collage also sends it but I can put the thing together if no one else can.

It was me.
I'd be more then happy to still do it.
So send your pictures to [email protected] !
But is anyone making a sign? Cause the point was to have the exact same sign in every picture.
If we want, it can just be a white piece of paper with black lettering to be bold and get the point across!
Lemme know.
And keep sending those letters and making those phone calls.
Remember to contact Ellen Degeneres!
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: March 23, 2007, 04:19:39 pm »

Yes, if we are going to give the collage we need alot of pictures!  Shoot, I forget who said that they would do the collage, but can you post your email address and then we can start emailing you pics, and then you can kind of see how many you are actually going to get.  Even if there is not alot of pictures, you can still mail them in a big envelope with a bunch of letters or something.

It was me.
But is anyone making a sign? Cause the point was to have the exact same sign in every picture.
If we want, it can just be a white piece of paper with black lettering to be bold and get the point across!
Lemme know.
<3

How about we make something with the Great8Mandate banner at the top and then leave the bottom blank so that people have room to write stuff like "please give us another season" or something, maybe one of the slogans the girls wrote a page or so back. Smiley

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: March 23, 2007, 04:48:14 pm »

I was busy looking for screencaps and came across this - thought I'd share and then it's back to work for me!

Just another show of support to 'Save Gilmore Girls' and the ORG is mentioned too! This may have been posted already, if so, I apologize!

http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com/2007/02/26/gilmore-girls-season-8/

As Heidi said...we've got to stay postive! Any little thing helps! Common' everyone! Keep up the great work! Smiley

Cheers!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: March 23, 2007, 05:27:01 pm »

OMG I never saw that before, thanks so much for posting that Sooks. I love that they mentioned both gilmoregirls.org and fanforum.com, I made the banner/thread on fanforum Grin
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 05:29:54 pm by go_clo » Logged

LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: March 23, 2007, 05:29:22 pm »

I was busy looking for screencaps and came across this - thought I'd share and then it's back to work for me!

Just another show of support to 'Save Gilmore Girls' and the ORG is mentioned too! This may have been posted already, if so, I apologize!

http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com/2007/02/26/gilmore-girls-season-8/

As Heidi said...we've got to stay postive! Any little thing helps! Common' everyone! Keep up the great work! Smiley

Cheers!

I love it! Thanks for sharing Sooks! You rock... as always Smiley

<3, ash

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: March 23, 2007, 06:09:47 pm »

It was me.
Lemme know.
<3

How about we make something with the Great8Mandate banner at the top and then leave the bottom blank so that people have room to write stuff like "please give us another season" or something, maybe one of the slogans the girls wrote a page or so back. Smiley

Yeah I think if we all just put the Great8Mandate banner on the top of a horizontal piece of computer paper and write in black marker, so you can actually see what it says.  Or print the banner on once piece of computer paper, like the size of it and then make a long banner, like three papers in length.  I think as long as it is in black writing and has the pink banner on it, it should be fine.  Or if someone wants to make a sign for us to hold...I am sooo not artsy

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: March 23, 2007, 06:13:19 pm »

What about if you ask Heidi if the the picture that is on the front page of the Org that Drew did could be used.  She could post a link that could just be printed out on a A4 sheet.  It's colourful and says all the info already needed.  Just a thought  (BTW I mean the one of Lorelai flexing a bit of muscle - that has the yellow background)

Caryn
xxx

Please read Forum Rules
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1138 on: March 23, 2007, 06:21:42 pm »

What about if you ask Heidi if the the picture that is on the front page of the Org that Drew did could be used.  She could post a link that could just be printed out on a A4 sheet.  It's colourful and says all the info already needed.  Just a thought  (BTW I mean the one of Lorelai flexing a bit of muscle - that has the yellow background)

Caryn
xxx

That's a good idea.  If everyone can hold off for about a day, I can talk to Drew and see if we can edit that image a tad.

Another good idea would be to use an altered version of this image ... (one with more clarity and no-animation).

I'm at work right now, but I'll do my best to work on this the first chance I get. Smiley

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Razzlefrat!
Town Resident

coffee, coffee, coffee

View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: March 24, 2007, 05:57:52 am »

I'm going to send a Dear Ellen message to Ellen DeGeneres, is this something along the lines of what it should say? Comments?

Hello Ellen,
My name is Rebecca and I am a member of the gilmoregirls.org forum.  You may or may not know that this is very likely going to be the last season of Gilmore Girls, and all of the forumers do not want this!  That is why we have started the Great8Mandate; to try to convince the writers/producers/actors/etc. of the show to do another season.  We know that you have had Lauren Graham on your show several times and even been to the set of gg. with her and Alexis Bledel.  If it is possible, we would love to have you mention the Great8Mandate sometime on your show. It would mean so much to fans all over the world!
Thanks,

Literati <3

/\ by Razzlefrat!
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 [76] 77 78 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: