The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 11:28:40 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732316 times)
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 23, 2007, 09:46:01 am »

Kristin said on her blog that they will post fan vids of our favorite shows-- Julie needs to send in her season 8 video!!! 

I posted the link to Save One Show to the imdb message boards for Gilmore Girls.  Hopefully that will help get the word out-- there are a lot of GG fans over there.

Way to go, Mandaters!  Never give up-- never surrender!  Wink

NOTE: I just visited the imdb message boards for One Tree Hill to see what the buzz is over there.  Apparently they are all voting multiple times.  Quote: "I voted 50 times yesterday and 60 today" "I just did 130 in 15 mins.Add to that the 60 I did earlier this morning.I did what the others said.Cleared my browser,created a shortcut in favorites and clicked away"  "i didn't count how many times i voted but i did vote for over 15 minutes straight.. and i have 4 computers in my house"

I also looked at the Veronica Mars boards and read the following: "delete eo!PollID cookie . . . under the privacy settings. AND KEEP VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "Yes, do this because I've read on the OTH boards that ppl are voting hundreds of times!! We have to save VM!! "

This from the Jericho boards: "I voted. You can vote twice. You have to go to the interenet options and delete the cookies, history and temp internet files. I just tried it and it worked. I voted twice for Jericho"

Supernatural: "ok guys tips on mulitple voting, if your using mozilla, go to tools> and cookie manager and then block the cookies for the site. Or basically delete your cookies everytime you vote." and "We gotta vote as much as possible. I was on the One Tree Hill boards (which I like, but Supernatural is ten times better and more deserving of renewal) and they are voting up a storm. Support Supernatural! "
But this was also posted at Supernatural :"Please do not clear your cookie in order to vote multiple times. Kristen checks IP addresses (meaning, she knows what computer each vote comes from), and if you vote more than once, she'll disqualify all of your votes. "

So I'm not sure if you can vote multiple times.  Either way-- and I hate to say it-- but it looks like there is a lot of shows getting the jump on us as far as the Eonline poll goes.  We need to step it up!

I just sent an email to Kristin to find out if the multiple votes count or not....

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1111 on: March 23, 2007, 09:47:28 am »

Unless Kristin tells us how the votes are counted, there's no real way to know.  (Meaning ... we don't know if every vote counts,  or does only every unique IP address count, some other technical method?  The options are endless.)  However, if I had to guess, I would say that every vote counts. 

So, if there are any dedicated Gilmore fans out there who want to vote 1,000,000 times, clearing your cookies each time, please do. Wink  More power to you.  Here's a set of intstructions on how to clear your cookies depending on what browser you're using.

http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

BTW, the link to vote is on the News Fader (on the front page of the Forum) and is also randomly placed in the News Box (on the upper right of the Forum).  Give it a click whenever you spot it and see if E! will give you the option to vote.  Sometimes you don't even have to clear you cookies.

I just sent an email to Kristin to find out if the multiple votes count or not....

Excellent.  Let us know if you hear anything.  If she doesn't address the question (because I'm sure she's being asked left and right), I think it'd be safe to say that every vote counts.

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:49:04 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 23, 2007, 09:56:54 am »

they are all cheating?
i guess we have to also cheat then...but i still think it actually is wrong..i am that sort of person sorry

heidi, i voted once, but as i am not using my computer and i do not really know how to do the deleting of cookies (i know you gave us instructions) ni am not sure if i will vote again....

but wait a minute..in my school we have a lot of computers..i could try to vote from each one..once..would i do that?
..hmm bad marlies at work

'Satanic forces are at work here.'

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1113 on: March 23, 2007, 10:12:37 am »

they are all cheating?
i guess we have to also cheat then...but i still think it actually is wrong..i am that sort of person sorry

heidi, i voted once, but as i am not using my computer and i do not really know how to do the deleting of cookies (i know you gave us instructions) ni am not sure if i will vote again....

but wait a minute..in my school we have a lot of computers..i could try to vote from each one..once..would i do that?
..hmm bad marlies at work

'Satanic forces are at work here.'

Hi Marlies,

My personal opinion is that voting multiple times isn't cheating.  Not because everyone else is already doing it and that makes it okay, but rather because there were no rules or guidelines that told us not to.  Which, to me, means that every vote counts. 

Vote on every computer at school if you're up to it, but if not ... you gotta do what your gut tells you. Wink  My gut tells me that it's okay to vote more than once ... and that I should eat breakfast.  Hehe.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 23, 2007, 10:22:17 am »

and that I should eat breakfast.  Hehe.

lol and that has a lot to do with it?..lol i know what you mean...

well i know it is not said..

but it is normal to always just vote once..that is the way politics work, that is they way democracy works..
what would happen if people would vote 20 times at a vote for the president?

well i will think about it..and i am glad you understand me and are not offended.. Wink

everybody go with your guts

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
minilorelai14
« Reply #1115 on: March 23, 2007, 10:31:47 am »

hey guys!! k this saturday!! im sending the letters this saturday!! so if ur sending more send em NOW!! lol...well i know this is a short message but i gtg and oo if u dont know wht it is go to my thread http://www.gilmoregirls.org/forum/index.php?topic=6793.0

thanks guys so much!! and i have 48 letters!! YAY!! lol Cheesy
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 23, 2007, 12:41:18 pm »

Hi Marlies,

My personal opinion is that voting multiple times isn't cheating.  Not because everyone else is already doing it and that makes it okay, but rather because there were no rules or guidelines that told us not to.  Which, to me, means that every vote counts. 

Vote on every computer at school if you're up to it, but if not ... you gotta do what your gut tells you. Wink  My gut tells me that it's okay to vote more than once ... and that I should eat breakfast.  Hehe.

~Heidi

I consider ballot stuffing to be cheating and UnAmerican and not in any way an accurate reflection of any viewership's preference for which show should be saved.  So I just emailed Kristin with all the details -- that the ballot stuffing instructions are being passed around various fanbases, that there appears to be a rumor limiting the vote to one-per-IP-address (which doesn't stop anyone voting by a proxy server, but nevertheless . . .)  And I asked if that, if it's true that she's limiting voting to one-per-IP-address, then she should put a girnormous warning on the site saying so.

Oh, and I told her about the blatant, much easier ballot stuffing at Ausiello's poll.

Just thought I'd let everybody know.  The Veronica Mars fans in particular seem to be intent on ballot-stuffing.  I don't blame them one bit for their passion for the show, but c'mon, Veronica herself would *itch-slap them for ballot-stuffing.

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because even though Jackson won office of Town Selectman honestly, we want to see why Taylor got his job back.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 23, 2007, 01:03:01 pm »

I couldn't imagine that the networks would take the eonline poll seriously if it so easily stuffed.  If Gilmore Girls fans don't sit and vote 10,000 times over and over again, that shouldn't reflect negatively on our wanting the show back for the 8th season.  Thats just my opinion!
talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: March 23, 2007, 01:07:04 pm »

^^ now i have got you all talking

what have i done? marlies, the bad bad girl.....started an invasion of opinions..i like that..hmm.. Grin

Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 23, 2007, 01:09:09 pm »

I hate this online poll. It seems so wrong.
But the girls did say
"Ethics? Highly overrated." It might have been morals or something like that when Lorelai and Rory were tasting wedding cakes and Weston's when Sookie was making her a cake.

I don't have the time to vote more than once a day, nor the patience.

I LOVE ALL of the ideas so far. I would quote them but they are so long and so amazing.

We should all take pictures with the sign, and perhaps be wearing the I Support Gilmore Girls Season 8 pendants? We could make some 'earrings', pendants, necklaces, etc. Earrings would just be like, taped on. It might hurt a tad to pull em off, but deal people!!! Tongue.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 23, 2007, 01:31:31 pm »

Hi Marlies,

~Heidi

I consider ballot stuffing to be cheating and UnAmerican and not in any way an accurate reflection of any viewership's preference for which show should be saved.  So I just emailed Kristin with all the details -- that the ballot stuffing instructions are being passed around various fanbases, that there appears to be a rumor limiting the vote to one-per-IP-address (which doesn't stop anyone voting by a proxy server, but nevertheless . . .)  And I asked if that, if it's true that she's limiting voting to one-per-IP-address, then she should put a girnormous warning on the site saying so.

Oh, and I told her about the blatant, much easier ballot stuffing at Ausiello's poll.

Just thought I'd let everybody know.  The Veronica Mars fans in particular seem to be intent on ballot-stuffing.  I don't blame them one bit for their passion for the show, but c'mon, Veronica herself would *itch-slap them for ballot-stuffing.

-- Rob

I think it's ok for us to ballot stuff if everyone else is doing it because why should we lose because of good morals? But I don't like that people are finding ways to do it and I am very glad you emailed her telling her what people are doing. I think this poll should be won fair and square considering this poll is kinda important.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 23, 2007, 01:47:10 pm »

I seriously think it is ridiculous that the networks take the online poll seriously.  I hate that people vote a million times each.  If Veronica or OTH wins its just because they voted so many times each.  This is because everyone that watches these shows are 12 and have nothing better to do but sit at their computer for hours and stuff the ballot box.  Personally, I have a life and school and don't have time to sit at the computer.  You can't tell me that OTH got another season because of Kristin's online poll.  If they did, then there is a serious problem with the world.   It's just so annoying.  Gilmore Girls should be on a different network because the CW is the "young" people network and alot of age groups watch Gilmore Girls because it is such good quality.  You can't seriously tell me that Veronica has impacted people's lives like Gilmore Girls has.  Gilmore Girls should still be at least top three because other than those other two, the other shows are more for adults and people who have things to do right? Oh and Supernaturnal.  I just think it would be funny if all the CW shows were at the top, seriously, that would look funny because it is all young people that are voting alot and then it should show that the poll isn't accurate.  So keep spreading the word and link.

Michael Ausiello is bugging me so much these days.  I originally thought that he was a big time Gilmore fan and then in the podcast, there was a television comparison to Gilmore Girls, and someone was Louise and he didn't even know who she was.  Whoa, lost points there.  And in his recent post about bumping the Gilmore Girls finale, he had no emotion at all, and then was all thrilled that Veronica Mars was stciking with the schedule from before and was relieved.  I would hope that he would put an 8th season on Gilmore Girls before Veronica Mars, and he is supposed to be such great friends with Lauren.  Anyways, I thought he was different then alot of the info hungry gossip columnists, but apparently he isn't.  It seems like he has really changed.  I don't really know why I am talking about this, but whatever, mini rant over.

Also, I think that it is worse news that Veronica isn't being bumped forward a week because the CW doesn't feel it is good enough or important enough to have more episodes in May sweeps, like they are just trying to get the episodes over with.  I would think that Veronica Mars fans would be kind of upset about this, but they are all 12, so they wouldn't realize anyway.  Maybe they are trying to get better ratings by having more new GG episodes with new VM episodes, even though that doesn't work.

I don't know if it has already been said, probably, but Gilmore Girls won't be a new episode til April 17th, not the 10th.

Minilorelai I thought that you were hand delivering the letters on the 27th or something.

Yes, if we are going to give the collage we need alot of pictures!  Shoot, I forget who said that they would do the collage, but can you post your email address and then we can start emailing you pics, and then you can kind of see how many you are actually going to get.  Even if there is not alot of pictures, you can still mail them in a big envelope with a bunch of letters or something.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 01:50:22 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
rory1027
Town Resident

Community Points: -9

View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: March 23, 2007, 02:12:44 pm »

If gilmore girls stops after this season will the forum go on?Huh

images06.alloy.com/.../1398/degr
LGLDandRGLH4evr
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

It's over....... :( :( :( :( :( :(

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1123 on: March 23, 2007, 02:15:38 pm »

Another one could be -

We want Gil-more; don't make us Gil-less

If there is no Season 8, we are going to be smad!

A world without the Gilmore Girls, is like a danish without coffee

Once Gilmore Girls is in your life, it's in your life forever.

That's a really good one too!

No no! It should be: A world with-out the Gilmore Girls is like a DANES with-out coffee! Get it?

Oh, and I just called the CW comment line (818-977-6878) and left a message saying they should do whatever it takes to get Alexis to sign because GG is one of their highest profit shows and I also gave them the web address 4 the org and the mandate!!! I'm now off to send e-mails and put up bullitens on my myspace about saving GG!!! Toodles!

PS- Keep me psoted about everything!
~Lauren

I will always love Rory and Logan......

I can't believe it's over.

Gilmore Girls
11/5/2000 - 5/22/2007
           R.I.P

You will be missed,
But never forgotten.......
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1124 on: March 23, 2007, 02:29:43 pm »

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because even though Jackson won office of Town Selectman honestly, we want to see why Taylor got his job back.

I agree with those of you who have posted that voting in these online polls seems silly and trivial.  However, as I was telling someone earlier today, if I were to pick a poll that I'd want Gilmore Girls to win ... this would be the one.  I don't know how much winning the poll would change our situation, since we all know that the network apparently wants the show back, but it wouldn't hurt at all. 

As far as the multiple voting is concerned, it kind of evens the playing field if everyone is already doing it.  Does that make it right?  Probably not, but it doesn't help at all that Kristin never set forth any rules.  I'm guessing that she'll now have to at least address the issue.  Staying silent on the matter when so many people have publicly talked about it would seem odd.  However, it is kind of a big technical mess to really ensure that people only vote once.

Let's do our best to stay positive.  Vote once, vote twice, vote seventy-two times, or don't vote at all.  However, I do urge you keep the letters of support going via e-mail and snail mail. Smiley

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: