The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 04:36:51 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733771 times)
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: March 22, 2007, 09:45:49 pm »

Thank you Grin
I am definately planning on putting it in a letter and sending it, I just have to think of which letter Huh I think maybe the CW one cause they have to know how many people watch GG and how many more age groups watch it then VM! Tongue

Send it to all of them, Dawn, CW, Lauren, Alexis, the more people you send it to, the more chance it will have an impact

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: March 22, 2007, 09:48:56 pm »

Thank you Grin
I am definately planning on putting it in a letter and sending it, I just have to think of which letter Huh I think maybe the CW one cause they have to know how many people watch GG and how many more age groups watch it then VM! Tongue

Send it to all of them, Dawn, CW, Lauren, Alexis, the more people you send it to, the more chance it will have an impact

Good idea Smiley I'm curently writing a letter to Lauren and Alexis to send to minilorelai to put in her book and I am going to try and fit it in there.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: March 22, 2007, 09:57:32 pm »

E. Hahah I know the VM GG two front war starting up here is pissing off a lot of people.
    But I actually think its pretty funny.
    A little friendly competition never hurt anyone.
    And its funny to see how reasonable and sophisticated we are while they're just constantly dissing us and proving their own immaturity.

lol your right, I actually find it funny that all the VM fans can come up with when their show is possibly about to be cancelled is
"GG was good back in the day but it sucks now, bring VM back!"
I don't want to be mean and insult them but I think that they should do something better then that. I don't think they realise how seriously in danger their show is in right now, you would think they would want to come up with reasons to keep the show other then reasons to lose the other, even if their comments do somehow end up getting GG cancelled *knocks on wood* that doesn't mean their show is completely out of danger.

F. Once again---I'm broke.
   So my idea of the moment is that I do happen to LOVE collage and I'm pretty good at it too=)
   So what if Copperboom or some other graphic wonder on the board designed some sort of full page sign.
   (i.e. saying somehting like Great8Mandate, or Viva La Gilmore!, or something else clever.)
   And then everyone printed it out from their own computer.
   Everyone takes a picture with the sign.
   You know, showing the faces of all the zillions of GG fans uniting under one sign.
   And everyone can get really creative (i.e. have your dog hold the sign in its mouth, tape it to a sleeping baby...anything really)
   And then send the signs to me and I'll make a giant collage poster of all the pictures and take it over to the set. (I live really close.)
   Lemme knwo what you think!

haha that is so creative, such a good idea. I would be more then happy to make that piece of art if you guys give me some ideas on what to put on it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:58:40 pm by go_clo » Logged

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: March 22, 2007, 10:45:14 pm »

So my idea of the moment is that I do happen to LOVE collage and I'm pretty good at it too=)
   So what if Copperboom or some other graphic wonder on the board designed some sort of full page sign.
   (i.e. saying somehting like Great8Mandate, or Viva La Gilmore!, or something else clever.)
   You know, showing the faces of all the zillions of GG fans uniting under one sign.
   And everyone can get really creative (i.e. have your dog hold the sign in its mouth, tape it to a sleeping baby...anything really)
   And then send the signs to me and I'll make a giant collage poster of all the pictures and take it over to the set. (I live really close.)

haha that is so creative, such a good idea. I would be more then happy to make that piece of art if you guys give me some ideas on what to put on it.

hmmm ok well one should definitely say "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?" that one is so great

We've been Gilmored!

Bring on a Season 8 - In omnia paratus! (ready for anything)

Season 8 is Written in the Stars

Oy with the poodles already and sign on for a Season 8!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 10:48:20 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: March 22, 2007, 10:56:23 pm »

hmmm ok well one should definitely say "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more season?" that one is so great

We've been Gilmored!

lol those are AWESOME!!! Sooo creative! How on earth did you think of all of those lol Cheesy

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: March 22, 2007, 11:00:17 pm »

We've been Gilmored!

You could add your sig also:

Season 8 Please!!!  Once Gilmore Girls is in your life, it's in your life forever.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:15:34 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
go_clo

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: March 22, 2007, 11:13:04 pm »

We've been Gilmored!

Season 8 Please!!!  Once Gilmore Girls is in your life, it's in you life forever.

Thats awesome too!!! Grin I'm going to do that!!

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: March 22, 2007, 11:19:11 pm »

Another one could be -

We want Gil-more; don't make us Gil-less

If there is no Season 8, we are going to be smad!

A world without the Gilmore Girls, is like a danish without coffee

Once Gilmore Girls is in your life, it's in your life forever.

That's a really good one too!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 11:21:01 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1103 on: March 22, 2007, 11:25:53 pm »

Hi guys,

I want to give everyone a quick update on what I'm up to ...

- I have indeed contacted two WB studio employees and asked for their thoughts and opinions about our 'flower campaign' idea.  I'm just waiting to hear back.

- Winning Kristin's 'Save One Show' poll by no means guarantees that Gilmore Girls (or any show) would be back for another season.  However, if we did pull off a win, it would give us major kudos (even being among the top vote getters would be considered a win in my book).  Pass the following URL around to all your friends, family members, and co-workers ... and have them vote for Gilmore Girls!  Use e-mail, IM, etc.  Get the message out.
http://www.eonline.com/polls/full_page_poll.jsp?pollID=6084

- It's important that we keep sending our letters of support via snail mail and e-mail.  By my estimations we started the Great8Mandate campaign long before other shows started their respective 'save my show' efforts.  We have a great head start and need to keep going strong.  All address informayion can be found on the first post of this thread.

Thanks to all! 

Rollerskate.  Sunshine state.  Celebrate.  Season 8.  Monkey, monkey underpants.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: March 23, 2007, 12:02:08 am »

Rollerskate.  Sunshine state.  Celebrate.  Season 8.  Monkey, monkey underpants.

~Heidi

Ahhhh!!!  I knew that was what you were up to with your last post.  I was going to quote your sign off and add monkey monkey underpants.  I got sidetracked and missed the boat!!  Very funny Cheesy

I'm currently preparing a new batch of snail mail letters to send with the Melbourne newspaper banners.  I thought I should also update that I voted at the E Online Poll and have sent the link to a few people to do so for me also.   I also joined the G8M myspace site.

Keep on truckin'
Caryn

Please read Forum Rules
LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: March 23, 2007, 02:49:40 am »

I bet if people were to clear their cookies, you would be able to vote again.
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: March 23, 2007, 05:53:03 am »

I just voted again, i think that you can vote once a day

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: March 23, 2007, 07:07:41 am »

We've been Gilmored!

Season 8 Please!!!  Once Gilmore Girls is in your life, it's in you life forever.

Thats awesome too!!! Grin I'm going to do that!!

Cool....so, who's in?
Because its only gonna work out if we have A LOT of pictures.
And send those letters to Ellen Degeneres!
I have a REALLY GOOD feeling that she WILL help us!
<3

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: March 23, 2007, 07:10:29 am »

Kristin said on her blog that they will post fan vids of our favorite shows-- Julie needs to send in her season 8 video!!! 

I posted the link to Save One Show to the imdb message boards for Gilmore Girls.  Hopefully that will help get the word out-- there are a lot of GG fans over there.

Way to go, Mandaters!  Never give up-- never surrender!  Wink

NOTE: I just visited the imdb message boards for One Tree Hill to see what the buzz is over there.  Apparently they are all voting multiple times.  Quote: "I voted 50 times yesterday and 60 today" "I just did 130 in 15 mins.Add to that the 60 I did earlier this morning.I did what the others said.Cleared my browser,created a shortcut in favorites and clicked away"  "i didn't count how many times i voted but i did vote for over 15 minutes straight.. and i have 4 computers in my house"

I also looked at the Veronica Mars boards and read the following: "delete eo!PollID cookie . . . under the privacy settings. AND KEEP VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "Yes, do this because I've read on the OTH boards that ppl are voting hundreds of times!! We have to save VM!! "

This from the Jericho boards: "I voted. You can vote twice. You have to go to the interenet options and delete the cookies, history and temp internet files. I just tried it and it worked. I voted twice for Jericho"

Supernatural: "ok guys tips on mulitple voting, if your using mozilla, go to tools> and cookie manager and then block the cookies for the site. Or basically delete your cookies everytime you vote." and "We gotta vote as much as possible. I was on the One Tree Hill boards (which I like, but Supernatural is ten times better and more deserving of renewal) and they are voting up a storm. Support Supernatural! "
But this was also posted at Supernatural :"Please do not clear your cookie in order to vote multiple times. Kristen checks IP addresses (meaning, she knows what computer each vote comes from), and if you vote more than once, she'll disqualify all of your votes. "

So I'm not sure if you can vote multiple times.  Either way-- and I hate to say it-- but it looks like there is a lot of shows getting the jump on us as far as the Eonline poll goes.  We need to step it up!
« Last Edit: March 23, 2007, 09:31:40 am by mandate_supporter » Logged

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: March 23, 2007, 09:33:49 am »

Kristin said on her blog that they will post fan vids of our favorite shows-- Julie needs to send in her season 8 video!!! 

I posted the link to Save One Show to the imdb message boards for Gilmore Girls.  Hopefully that will help get the word out-- there are a lot of GG fans over there.

Way to go, Mandaters!  Never give up-- never surrender!  Wink

NOTE: I just visited the imdb message boards for One Tree Hill to see what the buzz is over there.  Apparently they are all voting multiple times.  Quote: "I voted 50 times yesterday and 60 today" "I just did 130 in 15 mins.Add to that the 60 I did earlier this morning.I did what the others said.Cleared my browser,created a shortcut in favorites and clicked away"  "i didn't count how many times i voted but i did vote for over 15 minutes straight.. and i have 4 computers in my house"

I also looked at the Veronica Mars boards and read the following: "delete eo!PollID cookie . . . under the privacy settings. AND KEEP VOTING!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "Yes, do this because I've read on the OTH boards that ppl are voting hundreds of times!! We have to save VM!! "

This from the Jericho boards: "I voted. You can vote twice. You have to go to the interenet options and delete the cookies, history and temp internet files. I just tried it and it worked. I voted twice for Jericho"

Supernatural: "ok guys tips on mulitple voting, if your using mozilla, go to tools> and cookie manager and then block the cookies for the site. Or basically delete your cookies everytime you vote." and "We gotta vote as much as possible. I was on the One Tree Hill boards (which I like, but Supernatural is ten times better and more deserving of renewal) and they are voting up a storm. Support Supernatural! "
But this was also posted at Supernatural :"Please do not clear your cookie in order to vote multiple times. Kristen checks IP addresses (meaning, she knows what computer each vote comes from), and if you vote more than once, she'll disqualify all of your votes. "

So I'm not sure if you can vote multiple times.  Either way-- and I hate to say it-- but it looks like there is a lot of shows getting the jump on us as far as the Eonline poll goes.  We need to step it up!

Thats why i hate online polls!!
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: