The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 04:38:10 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733777 times)
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: March 22, 2007, 07:46:57 pm »

Ok I just voted, I'm planning on passing this link around...I'm kinda scared to though because there were some people that posted the link to vote for either VM or GG on the GG community at LJ and a bunch of people betrayed us and went and voted for VM Cry

Jerks... Traitors.....

(Im not saying that I dont like VM... bc I do... but c'mon GG is so much more important!!!)

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: March 22, 2007, 08:11:37 pm »

Gilmore Girls is so much better than VM!  Big time traitors! Gilmore Girls will use another season and for Veronica, it will just be there.  They already said that the last bunch of Veronica episodes are going to be self contained and for Gilmore Girls, these next episodes are going to be very climatic and need more time after to finish the story, hence another season.  I hate people that aren't loyal to anything.  People don't think ahead.  You have to think about what will happen in the long run.  That is what Alexis and Lauren need to be thinking about as well.  How is their decision in the next month going to affect the entire next year.

And seriously, Kristin from E! or whatever is really going to affect the outcome of a television show?  I think like some other gossip columnists/reporters, she thinks she is more important than she actually is.  And the network can't take a poll that seriously because they can be so sketchy.  Take Supernatural...not that many people watch that show and everyone that does is an internet person, always talking about it and such.  Same with Veronica Mars.  Gilmore Girls has better ratings than Veronica and Supernatural put together and therefore have tons more fans that don't go on the internet to discuss the show.  Gilmore Girls definitely has a wider age group that watches it.  All of Veronica's fans are younger, well that's how it seemed for Michael Ausiello's posts and polls and Gilmore Girls appeals to a wider group.  Can an internet poll really have that big of an impact?  And there are some people that vote a million times for the same show, so it's not really accurate.  But keep voting and spreading the word because if we could win that, even if it's not that important than it still says something, especially to fans of other shows, who think their show is actually better than Gilmore Girls. Puhlease.

That is a good sign that the next episode of Gilmore Girls was pushed back...need more time to re-write the season finale...i am now officially a pretzel...

Gives us more time for the flower thing...have we heard back yet?
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:15:36 pm by gilmoregirlforever » Logged

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: March 22, 2007, 08:17:08 pm »

It seemed like Kristin's poll and the Save One Show campaign had an effect on One Tree Hill's fate last year. Plus, it is media exposure of our cause so that isn't a bad thing. And, I tried to revote but it wouldn't let me, I can only vote once...bottom line: any type of media publicity is always a good thing.

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: March 22, 2007, 08:20:12 pm »

Oh yea? Well that's good that it will only let people vote once.

Keep writing those letters!

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Catie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: March 22, 2007, 08:21:31 pm »

That is a good sign that the next episode of Gilmore Girls was pushed back...need more time to re-write the season finale...i am now officially a pretzel...

It doesn't really give them more time to re-write the finale, since filming will still wrap at the same time as it was before. If they film two endings, though, moving the return back a week would give them more time once filming ends before they have to decide if it's the series or season finale.

kamakazedeer
Diner Owner

Community Points: 71

Emily Gilmore Life Ruiner- she ruins peoples lives

View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: March 22, 2007, 08:24:16 pm »

I would think, that since (as of yet) we have not heard anything regarding a season 8, both a series and season finale have already been written. It would seem practical to have done that (at least to me). I didn't say that I think they both had been filmed, just written (just in case).

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: March 22, 2007, 08:30:23 pm »

I remember reading an interview (I'm sure it was with DR) that said that the final episode had been written and would serve well as either a season finale or series finale - they wouldn't need to shoot multiple endings.  So my bet would be that they will resolve things enough so that there is a level of satisfaction, but leace things open for further possibilities if a season 8 occurs. 

I just wish I could find the interview I read.

Please read Forum Rules
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: March 22, 2007, 08:53:20 pm »

Ok I just voted, I'm planning on passing this link around...I'm kinda scared to though because there were some people that posted the link to vote for either VM or GG on the GG community at LJ and a bunch of people betrayed us and went and voted for VM Cry

Jerks... Traitors.....

(Im not saying that I dont like VM... bc I do... but c'mon GG is so much more important!!!)

Grr I know and to admit it in a Gilmore Girls community for goodness sakes. I gave them heck Wink Called them traitors and left lol

Gilmore Girls is so much better than VM!  Big time traitors! Gilmore Girls will use another season and for Veronica, it will just be there.  They already said that the last bunch of Veronica episodes are going to be self contained and for Gilmore Girls, these next episodes are going to be very climatic and need more time after to finish the story, hence another season.  I hate people that aren't loyal to anything.  People don't think ahead.  You have to think about what will happen in the long run.  That is what Alexis and Lauren need to be thinking about as well.  How is their decision in the next month going to affect the entire next year.

Oh I hate people that are like that too. The very first show I ever got into and obsessed about was Gilmore Girls, I have never and will never like another show more then it no matter how bad the storyline gets. People on TVG were saying they have been watching the show from the beginning  and they still decided to vote for VM Shocked I have only been watching this show for less then 4 years and I would never dream of doing something like that to this show!

And seriously, Kristin from E! or whatever is really going to affect the outcome of a television show?  I think like some other gossip columnists/reporters, she thinks she is more important than she actually is.  And the network can't take a poll that seriously because they can be so sketchy.  Take Supernatural...not that many people watch that show and everyone that does is an internet person, always talking about it and such.  Same with Veronica Mars.  Gilmore Girls has better ratings than Veronica and Supernatural put together and therefore have tons more fans that don't go on the internet to discuss the show.  Gilmore Girls definitely has a wider age group that watches it.  All of Veronica's fans are younger, well that's how it seemed for Michael Ausiello's posts and polls and Gilmore Girls appeals to a wider group.  Can an internet poll really have that big of an impact?  And there are some people that vote a million times for the same show, so it's not really accurate.  But keep voting and spreading the word because if we could win that, even if it's not that important than it still says something, especially to fans of other shows, who think their show is actually better than Gilmore Girls. Puhlease.

I know, I tried to make that point on TVG. GG not only has a waaaay bigger fanbase, but they have all different age groups. VM centers there attention on one age group, troubled teens and little kids. GG has every single age group and that means, waaay more viewers and that means, way more money.

Me and my mom went to go get swiss chalet the other night to bring home for the fam, while we were there waiting for our food, we could over hear this women talking to the guy taking her order. She was telling him that she had to take a cab and that she was staying in a hotel cause she just came in town to get surgery. My mom and her started talking and my mom found out her hotel was pretty close to our place so she told the women to tell the cab to leave and we would give her a ride. While we were in the car, they started talking about kids and babies and buisness' they both want to start. My mom then asks her if the women had ever seen Gilmore Girls because she wanted to tell her that she was inspired to go to business class because of the show. The women then gives a very heartfelt YEEEEES!!!! They start talking about how it is so inspiring when it comes to business cause they get to see Rory go through school and Lorelai start up her Inn. Then the lady starts talking about how it also helps in relationships! We later found out the women was in her 50-60s! She didn't look it at all Shocked

I highly doubt VM has 50-60 year olds watching it.

That is a good sign that the next episode of Gilmore Girls was pushed back...need more time to re-write the season finale...i am now officially a pretzel....

Yea I was just looking at my calender and it didn't add up Huh 5 episodes in 4 weeks? I'm glad it got pushed back though, gives us more time!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 08:54:33 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: March 22, 2007, 08:59:33 pm »

A. The Ellen Degeneres idea--ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC.
    She is so devoted to what her fans have to say and always loves to help them out.
    She and Lauren are great friends, as well, and I think she would be a PERFECT celebrity candidate to get on our cause.
    Please please please send her letters right away!

B. Flowers.
    LOVE the idea.
    But being the broke high school student that I am...I just don't know how well that work out.
    I think before we go ahead with it, we should find out exactly how many people would be sending flowers.
    Because unless the effect is going to be  Bam Pow I think we should skip the flowers.
    But if everyone else is gun hoe I would be happy to help organize in any way I can.

C. Bunny! Hahahah hilarious. That is just great. Keep thinking of creative ideas liek that.
    They will make just the impression we need.

D. I've joined both the facebook and myspace communities.
    C'mon people. I know you have myspaces and facebooks.
    Join, damn it.

E. Hahah I know the VM GG two front war starting up here is pissing off a lot of people.
    But I actually think its pretty funny.
    A little friendly competition never hurt anyone.
    And its funny to see how reasonable and sophisticated we are while they're just constantly dissing us and proving their own immaturity.

F. Once again---I'm broke.
   So my idea of the moment is that I do happen to LOVE collage and I'm pretty good at it too=)
   So what if Copperboom or some other graphic wonder on the board designed some sort of full page sign.
   (i.e. saying somehting like Great8Mandate, or Viva La Gilmore!, or something else clever.)
   And then everyone printed it out from their own computer.
   Everyone takes a picture with the sign.
   You know, showing the faces of all the zillions of GG fans uniting under one sign.
   And everyone can get really creative (i.e. have your dog hold the sign in its mouth, tape it to a sleeping baby...anything really)
   And then send the signs to me and I'll make a giant collage poster of all the pictures and take it over to the set. (I live really close.)
   Lemme knwo what you think!

G. Don't lose hope yet!
   We are doing such a FANTASTIC job.
   And I think Ellen can really help us out.
   Send those letters people!
   And more creative bunny tactics would be great!

VIVA LA GILMORE!

xoxox
Jenny

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: March 22, 2007, 09:01:29 pm »

I voted!!!

I'm gonna go post the link on the Great8Mandate facebook group.

yeah I just put the link in the NEWS section, but I see someone else has already bombarded the wall w/ the link  Smiley. Guess we had the same idea.

Haha that was me  Grin  And yes, we did have the same idea. The more people see it the better! lol

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: March 22, 2007, 09:04:02 pm »

So my idea of the moment is that I do happen to LOVE collage and I'm pretty good at it too=)
   So what if Copperboom or some other graphic wonder on the board designed some sort of full page sign.
   (i.e. saying somehting like Great8Mandate, or Viva La Gilmore!, or something else clever.)
   You know, showing the faces of all the zillions of GG fans uniting under one sign.
   And everyone can get really creative (i.e. have your dog hold the sign in its mouth, tape it to a sleeping baby...anything really)
   And then send the signs to me and I'll make a giant collage poster of all the pictures and take it over to the set. (I live really close.)

VIVA LA GILMORE!

xoxox
Jenny

absolutely LOVE this idea!!! <3

-ash

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

emma_is
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: March 22, 2007, 09:21:30 pm »

can you only vote once?

gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: March 22, 2007, 09:26:53 pm »

Me and my mom went to go get swiss chalet the other night to bring home for the fam, while we were there waiting for our food, we could over hear this women talking to the guy taking her order. She was telling him that she had to take a cab and that she was staying in a hotel cause she just came in town to get surgery. My mom and her started talking and my mom found out her hotel was pretty close to our place so she told the women to tell the cab to leave and we would give her a ride. While we were in the car, they started talking about kids and babies and buisness' they both want to start. My mom then asks her if the women had ever seen Gilmore Girls because she wanted to tell her that she was inspired to go to business class because of the show. The women then gives a very heartfelt YEEEEES!!!! They start talking about how it is so inspiring when it comes to business cause they get to see Rory go through school and Lorelai start up her Inn. Then the lady starts talking about how it also helps in relationships! We later found out the women was in her 50-60s! She didn't look it at all Shocked

You should write a letter and put that in it!  Such a great story!

I love this idea too!

Amelia77
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: March 22, 2007, 09:29:20 pm »

can you only vote once?

I just tried to vote twice but the thankyou page kept coming up.  I think that it is really good that you can only vote once though because otherwise it is very unfair.
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: March 22, 2007, 09:40:41 pm »

You should write a letter and put that in it!  Such a great story!

Thank you Grin
I am definately planning on putting it in a letter and sending it, I just have to think of which letter Huh I think maybe the CW one cause they have to know how many people watch GG and how many more age groups watch it then VM! Tongue 1/4 to 2/4 of the GG audience are 50-60 year olds who don't have the time, energy and/or the resources to go on the computer and chat with a bunch of 10-20 year olds about there fave show. It sucks but its true, so why should our wonderful show be cancelled/compared for/to a show that has a bunch of college kids with laptops that have time to come on the internet!

can you only vote once?

I just tried to vote twice but the thankyou page kept coming up.  I think that it is really good that you can only vote once though because otherwise it is very unfair.

Yea I think you can only vote once, I think that makes more sence though, its more fair and less confusing and stupid. I still voted twice though Wink Told my sister to get the heck off her computer and I went and voted again lol. The thing that bugs me though is that you can't see the the poll results after you have finished voting. Embarrassed
« Last Edit: March 22, 2007, 09:47:59 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: