The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 20, 2017, 07:42:33 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1732141 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1020 on: March 21, 2007, 04:10:02 pm »

I saw a flower arrangement on 1800flowers... It was a basket full of daisies.  We could send it to Lauren and Alexis and write on the card something like "After these flowers die you can use the basket for next years 'Bid-on-a-Basket'" or something like that.  It's a little corny, but its also cheaper than sending 1,000 daisies lol.   Tongue

Well, we really need about 100 people to send, like a dozen daisies each addressed to Lauren and Alexis at the Gg offices.  If we do it, like, all at once (ie: within about a week's time), it might make an impression.  So does somebody want to set the ground rules, such as the particular week and specific address (my idea would be directly to LG and AB at the Gg offices on the WB lot).  I have no organizational skills whatsoever for this sort of thing.  So, fo' shizzle whens we gonna drizzle them with the daizizzles?

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because there's no such thing as too many daisies.

I'm going to send out a couple of e-mails to people who are more in the know about 'studio operations' than I am.  I don't mind organizing things, but before I fully commit I want to know the likelihood that the flowers will end up in the right hands.  I would hate to have people spend their hard earned money on flowers, only to have them delivered to Joe the janitor.

If I can get a hold of some concrete information, I think's a fun and relatively inexpensive way to bring attention to our cause.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 21, 2007, 04:17:04 pm »

I saw a flower arrangement on 1800flowers... It was a basket full of daisies.  We could send it to Lauren and Alexis and write on the card something like "After these flowers die you can use the basket for next years 'Bid-on-a-Basket'" or something like that.  It's a little corny, but its also cheaper than sending 1,000 daisies lol.   Tongue

Well, we really need about 100 people to send, like a dozen daisies each addressed to Lauren and Alexis at the Gg offices.  If we do it, like, all at once (ie: within about a week's time), it might make an impression.  So does somebody want to set the ground rules, such as the particular week and specific address (my idea would be directly to LG and AB at the Gg offices on the WB lot).  I have no organizational skills whatsoever for this sort of thing.  So, fo' shizzle whens we gonna drizzle them with the daizizzles?

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because there's no such thing as too many daisies.

I'm going to send out a couple of e-mails to people who are more in the know about 'studio operations' than I am.  I don't mind organizing things, but before I fully commit I want to know the likelihood that the flowers will end up in the right hands.  I would hate to have people spend their hard earned money on flowers, only to have them delivered to Joe the janitor.

If I can get a hold of some concrete information, I think's a fun and relatively inexpensive way to bring attention to our cause.

~Heidi

Ill send a dozen flowers.. but is anybosy opposed to me also sending Lauren a pair of yellow fisherman boots with something corny like.. "heres to another season with our favorite Morton salt girl"?

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 21, 2007, 04:28:14 pm »

Oh, under the gift section at 1800flowers there is a cool "At The Movies" themed speciality popcorn set. It comes with popcorn, jellybeans, twizzlers, gummy bears, chocolate malted milk balls and kiddie candy mix featuring Sweet Tarts, Tootsie Rolls, Smarties..

you can also choose from 3 DVDs to add to the basket.. Murder On the Orient Express, Finding Nemo, or Breakfast at Tiffany's.

How GG is that gift basket?!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 04:29:44 pm by LolaV » Logged
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 21, 2007, 04:49:07 pm »

I had to smile at the Morton Salt comment! These all seem like such creative and fun ideas!! I just wonder how much of this kind of stuff they get and how much it would annoy them. We certainly don't want to do that, that would be the LAST thing we'd want to do at this time, actually! I'm by no means trying to be a killjoy or dampen the mood - negativity isn't my thing, believe me! I just wouldn't want people to spend their money and then find out that they gifts just went to waste...simliar to what Heidi had shared earlier.

I can't help but think that the cast gets simliar things all the time. I wonder how much they take to heart what they get and how much of a difference it makes in whether they wish to continue or not?! I wonder how they could ever NOT know that they were so admired, loved, and how much they've made a difference in people's lives! What, without the Gilmore Girls, we wouldn't be here together, enojying each other's company, learning about one another, and having a bLAST! There's just so many possibliities that we have to just keep on jumping in! We got this!! It just take team work! Smiley

I'm off to go do some more writing! We've so got this!! Take care everyone!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 21, 2007, 04:58:34 pm »

Yea that gift basket it totally Gilmore Girls!  But we don't want them to get 50 Breakfast's at Tiffany's.

I see what you guys are saying about how they get stuff like this all the time.  Hmmm I'm torn now. Well it wouldn't be what they actually got, but the quantity.  They wouldn't usually get that many flowers all arriving on the same day, would they?  I would think that they would appreciate it and look at it differently when they knew that it was from the great8mandate and not creepy admirers.  I still think they would have to notice if they got so many of the same basket of yellow daisies and not just random different things.  If we all sent the same basket of a certain type of flower, and it related to the show, the finale of the first season, then I think it would make an impact.  I don't want them to get annoyed, like we are bugging them too much.  I think if we keep it simple and they walk in and they see the baskets and baskets of yellow daisies...how could they not like that?  I really wish we could find out if the cast is actually getting our letters and they are not stopped at the big wig managers and network people.

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: March 21, 2007, 05:29:56 pm »

Update from SassyPaws at TWoP, I don't have the link but it was brought over to Fan Forum:

No one really knows what is going on in the negotiations except the parties involved and even they may only know part of the story. I have heard from My Friend today and basically said that we should be patient until mid-May. The word on the set is this is a game of chicken between the girls and the studio.

Here's the link to Fan Forum: http://www.fanforum.com/14611538-post39.html

Thanks SassyPaws!!!  Smiley
gilmore_fan84
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Javie Junkie

View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: March 21, 2007, 05:46:41 pm »

Ask Ausiello recently made a poll about which show to save from being cancelled: Veronica Mars or Gilmore Girls. VM is winning by a long shot. Now, I am not a VM watcher, so I am not dissing the show or anything, but I do know it's safe to say that all of us here want GG to continue. Now I also don't know how much influence that Ausiello's polls/opinions have on television networks, excuetives etc, but I do know that the poll doesn't close until this Friday and that it's an easy way to show you're support for Season 8 of Gilmore Girls!  Grin

here is the link: http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx
(the poll is at the bottom of the page)

So, everyone, go vote!! It only takes a second!! We need to show that the support is there!

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1027 on: March 21, 2007, 05:46:47 pm »

Update from SassyPaws at TWoP, I don't have the link but it was brought over to Fan Forum:

No one really knows what is going on in the negotiations except the parties involved and even they may only know part of the story. I have heard from My Friend today and basically said that we should be patient until mid-May. The word on the set is this is a game of chicken between the girls and the studio.

Here's the link to Fan Forum: http://www.fanforum.com/14611538-post39.html

Thanks SassyPaws!!!  Smiley

Aren't we all so smart?  Wink  That's exactly what we've been saying for over a month now.  Sure, we hear rumors and gossip, but the only people who really know are those directly involved with negotiations.

Keep up the good fight my friends.  I honestly believe our efforts are making a difference.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
gilly girl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

Emma Baby

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1028 on: March 21, 2007, 06:09:52 pm »

I find my self a little   STUPID for saying this, but i have some concerns about a season 8.  Put down your pitchforks and listen.  They might run out of things to put in the 8th season.  I still vote for one all the way, but everyone should think about that.  It would really suck to have a boring season 8.  Hopefully that does not happen.  In our weird little community, we could make this happen.  To help block out boring things, or things we do not want to happen in season 8 (If we get one) we should e-mail some ideas to the men ,and the ladies, so that they could work off of them.  You may disagree, and hate me, but i just wanted to say that.
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: March 21, 2007, 06:46:13 pm »

I see where you are coming from gilly girl, but I think there is so much that can happen in an 8th Season.  Rory can do anything, Lorelai still needs to resolve many things with her parents and actually marry Luke.  April needs to be more a part of Lorelai's life as well. And there is alot that still needs to happen with the supporting characters.  There is definitely enough juice left for one more season!  Think positively!

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1030 on: March 21, 2007, 07:04:21 pm »

If we can be gauranteed that the flowers would be seen by the right people, I love that idea, and I would definitely participate...

I don't think anyone ever commented on my news about Melissa McCarthy siging on for a new sitcom... no one? I think that if she is signed on for a new show, that doesn't bode well for our Season 8. OMG, I just wish everybody involved would just realize how special and phenomenal this show is and it must go on! It seems so obvious that there are more stories to tell with these people; and as an actor, why would you NOT want that job?!

At one point, someone was mentioning a video on YouTube...any progress? That sounded great!

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: March 21, 2007, 07:48:34 pm »

If any of the actors on Gilmore Girls are signed on for a new pilot for next season, Gilmore Girls still comes first.  I think Melissa is just covering her butt.  Gilmore Girls has priority and it's in their contracts right.  So if/when there is a new season of Gilmore Girls, then Melissa will be pulled from the pilot because she has to do Gilmore Girls if there is another season.  I am pretty sure that is how it works.  So even if there are new pilots floating around, Gilmore Girls still comes first.

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: March 21, 2007, 07:57:34 pm »

I find my self a little   STUPID for saying this, but i have some concerns about a season 8.  Put down your pitchforks and listen.  They might run out of things to put in the 8th season.  I still vote for one all the way, but everyone should think about that.  It would really suck to have a boring season 8.  Hopefully that does not happen.  In our weird little community, we could make this happen.  To help block out boring things, or things we do not want to happen in season 8 (If we get one) we should e-mail some ideas to the men ,and the ladies, so that they could work off of them.  You may disagree, and hate me, but i just wanted to say that.

yeah i see what you are saying but still....all that needs to be done cant all get covered in a few episodes. if there is a new season, even if its shorter, then she can spread things out more instead of cramming it all in there. well thats my opinion anyways.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: March 21, 2007, 08:58:57 pm »

If any of the actors on Gilmore Girls are signed on for a new pilot for next season, Gilmore Girls still comes first.  I think Melissa is just covering her butt.  Gilmore Girls has priority and it's in their contracts right.  So if/when there is a new season of Gilmore Girls, then Melissa will be pulled from the pilot because she has to do Gilmore Girls if there is another season.  I am pretty sure that is how it works.  So even if there are new pilots floating around, Gilmore Girls still comes first.

Yeah, let's clarify that for a minute:

Yes, MM is signed onto another pilot -- we don't actually know how big the part is or anything, but let's say for the sake of argument that it's a Sookie-sized part relative to the fact that it's a sitcom (IOW, might be the size of Carla's part on Cheers).  What it means is that that show is in "second position" to any claim on MM to Gg's "first position" claim.  (That's the actual terminology used in the industry, btw.)  For example, the short-lived sitcom MYOB had first-position claim on Lauren until NBC officially cancelled it, but the WB was already planning their marketing campaign for Gg around her even when people had to remind those WB execs that she wasn't free of her contract with NBC for another two weeks!  They would have been *screwed* had NBC decided to renew MYOB.  (Teri Hatcher was still going through her anorexia period after all and the only other Lorelai-ish persona, Sherilynn Fenn, wasn't really up to doing TV at the time.  BID.   Tongue  )

While there's certainly some concern because IMO it's a case of CYA, it's worth noting that SP reportedly signed back onto Gg after being offered two pilots and nearly signing for one, if I understand the reports correctly.  IMO, SP signing back on sorta negates at least some (I'd say a LOT of) concern about MM signing onto another pilot to some extent.  Kathryn Hahn of Crossing Jordan, for example, was a semi-regular on "Four Kings" and still keeping her job on "Jordan."  Since sitcoms have such an easier schedule, it's quite possible that MM could do both shows if the shows cooperate for her.  She would only absolutely *have* to be at the sitcom set on the day of taping, another day or two per week -- at the most -- would be needed to film her scenes on Gg and, well, she would otherwise easily be able to shuttle back and forth between sets for rehearsal the rest of the week.  So IMO, it's a concern, but not a biggie.

Likewise, Matt Czuchry's pilot (which fell through due to lack of showrunner) is not a sign in the least of anything about Gg's future as, well, other show tend to steal Rory's boys for starring roles as soon as those shows realize that these guys exist.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai's boobs are smaller than Rory's.  Take Roone, for instance . . . a smaller boob I do not know.
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: March 21, 2007, 09:10:43 pm »

Season 8:  Because Lorelai's boobs are smaller than Rory's.  Take Roone, for instance . . . a smaller boob I do not know.

My favourite one so far!!!!  Rune hehehehhe Grin  You had to love to be bugged by him didn't you!!?

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: