The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2017, 06:38:14 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1733881 times)
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: March 21, 2007, 02:21:28 pm »

I like the idea of having the graduation the episode before the finale.  That would be great if Luke was there!  I was thinking he probably wouldn't be, so that's exciting.

So I have an idea!  I think we should all send pictures in as attachments with our emails or with the snail mail.  Maybe just yourself, maybe wearing a blue backwards baseball cap with a sign that says you want a Season 8 (Some one already came up with a sign that could say "Will you be our Lorelai Gilmores for one more year?")  Or a group of your friends with a sign, or your family, or if there is a group of you at work, just as many people as you can get in a picture.  Some people don't have access to a computer or don't have time but still want to show their support.  So you could take a picture of them, or a group of them, with a sign saying that they all want a season 8.  You could have ten supporters in just one letter.  A picture says a thousand words right?!  

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1006 on: March 21, 2007, 02:23:39 pm »

Hi everyone,

As a quick and gentle reminder, if you'd like to talk about episode spoilers please do so in the Spoilers section of the Forum.  Thank you.

And again, thank you for all the Great8Mandate support.  Things have really been hopping in this thread today.  Clover

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 21, 2007, 02:38:30 pm »

And snail mail is better, but email doesn't hurt either, and it's so much faster.  Minilorelai taking the letters and giving them in person is going to be so great.

Oh totally, I don't have the time or money to go out and buy stamps and ink for my printer so I can't do anything snail which sucks since I think its better then email Cry Thank God MiniLorelai is doing this for us Smiley

Oh I like both the flower idea and the bunny idea lol but you should probably tell them you wont actually kill the bunny Cheesy well unless you are actually planning on killing it hehe Oh and Heidi I think writing Ellen would be a great idea, maybe she would like to help us somehow, start a campaign or a poll on her site or something.

LoveMeSomeGG that is the coolest idea ever, I totally love it. Great work!

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 21, 2007, 02:41:04 pm »

Lets send Lauren Graham the yellow flowers and a pair of yellow fisherman boots.... Smiley

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 21, 2007, 02:52:38 pm »

What about sending the flowers to the studio address?

Gilmore Girls
Warner Bros.
4000 Warner Blvd.
Building 2222
Burbank, CA 91522

It seems where they are most of the time, and I would assume that if bunches of flowers started to arrive (say we all have them delivered on Friday and Monday or something), the word would  get out pretty quickly.

I was looking at getting something from 1800flowers.com and then sending a nice mid priced bouquet to AB and LG.

Just some thoughts.
go_clo

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 21, 2007, 03:31:36 pm »

Hey has anyone noticed that on TVG, the people voting for VM all say the same thing, that they want there show back and they want certain characters gone/to say but then they continue on saying why GG shouldn't continue. They don't really give a reason as to why VM should continue, they just go straight to dissing GG and not even really giving reasons as to why GG shouldn't continue and VM should but yet all the GG fans give really great and thought out reasons as to why the show should and will survive above VM and then they say that VM is a great show but GG is better.

I don't think that should be ignored by whoever reads those comments and makes the decision.

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
ObessedwithGG

Community Points: 16

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1011 on: March 21, 2007, 03:35:13 pm »

Ok, so the flower idea is BRILLANT!  If we can guarantee that sending them will there will make it to them.  Sending them to the studio should work though.  I have tomorrow off from work (yip-ee) so more letters will be written and sent! 

Season 8, here we come! (I hope!!)

LUKE: You knew what I was doing!
LORELAI: Well, no, not officially.
LUKE: Not officially? Oh, come on. I mean, I didn't have a ref present, but other than that.
LORELAI: Well, you didn't say anything official.
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 21, 2007, 03:45:40 pm »

yep go_clo totally know what you mean, about GG responses vs. VM responses

i think the flower idea is so great!  We could send it through the studio, but we have to do it fast because they will be done filming in less than a month.

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 21, 2007, 03:54:26 pm »

My husband is in the army so i am going to have him and a bunch of the guys he works with take a picture holding a sign that says "The troops support Gilmore Girls season 8" and send it with all of my snail mail letters.  I'm not sure how effective it will be, but you would be suprised how many army guys watch Gilmore girls!

I wouldn't be surprised at how many army guys watch Gg.  Lauren is scorching hot!  Grin

-- Rob

PS:  Bad Santa probably had something to do with it, too.  Cool

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because if the troops support Gg, then we must support the troops, yes?
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 21, 2007, 03:54:46 pm »

I saw a flower arrangement on 1800flowers... It was a basket full of daisies.  We could send it to Lauren and Alexis and write on the card something like "After these flowers die you can use the basket for next years 'Bid-on-a-Basket'" or something like that.  It's a little corny, but its also cheaper than sending 1,000 daisies lol.   Tongue
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 21, 2007, 03:58:09 pm »

My husband is in the army so i am going to have him and a bunch of the guys he works with take a picture holding a sign that says "The troops support Gilmore Girls season 8" and send it with all of my snail mail letters.  I'm not sure how effective it will be, but you would be suprised how many army guys watch Gilmore girls!

I wouldn't be surprised at how many army guys watch Gg.  Lauren is scorching hot!  Grin

-- Rob

PS:  Bad Santa probably had something to do with it, too.  Cool

-----------------------
Season 8:  Because if the troops support Gg, then we must support the troops, yes?

My old sig:

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 21, 2007, 03:58:36 pm »

ShutupRob... I'm sure Lauren has a little something to do with how many army guys watch Gg lol.   Cheesy
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 21, 2007, 04:02:06 pm »

My husband is in the army so i am going to have him and a bunch of the guys he works with take a picture holding a sign that says "The troops support Gilmore Girls season 8" and send it with all of my snail mail letters.  I'm not sure how effective it will be, but you would be suprised how many army guys watch Gilmore girls!

That is really cool! That is funny how many guys watch Gilmore Girls. That is a very good idea. And yes I do think Lauren has to do with the reason some guys watch Gilmore Girls.

I love the flowers idea! I just got done emailing Dawn Ostroff, and I am about to write my letters to Alexis and Lauren.

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 21, 2007, 04:03:35 pm »

I saw a flower arrangement on 1800flowers... It was a basket full of daisies.  We could send it to Lauren and Alexis and write on the card something like "After these flowers die you can use the basket for next years 'Bid-on-a-Basket'" or something like that.  It's a little corny, but its also cheaper than sending 1,000 daisies lol.   Tongue

Well, we really need about 100 people to send, like a dozen daisies each addressed to Lauren and Alexis at the Gg offices.  If we do it, like, all at once (ie: within about a week's time), it might make an impression.  So does somebody want to set the ground rules, such as the particular week and specific address (my idea would be directly to LG and AB at the Gg offices on the WB lot).  I have no organizational skills whatsoever for this sort of thing.  So, fo' shizzle whens we gonna drizzle them with the daizizzles?

-- Rob

--------------------
Season 8:  Because there's no such thing as too many daisies.
LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 21, 2007, 04:08:44 pm »

Well, we really need about 100 people to send, like a dozen daisies each addressed to Lauren and Alexis at the Gg offices.  If we do it, like, all at once (ie: within about a week's time), it might make an impression.  So does somebody want to set the ground rules, such as the particular week and specific address (my idea would be directly to LG and AB at the Gg offices on the WB lot).  I have no organizational skills whatsoever for this sort of thing.  So, fo' shizzle whens we gonna drizzle them with the daizizzles?

-- Rob

I would suggest that we just pick a day -- I would say probably Monday at the latest, have everyone place an order to arrive at the studio that day, and then wait and see what happens. I don't know if they all have to be daisies. We could all send all sorts of flowers with our own messages. Personal touch, but with a bang.

So that's what I would say. Have Monday be Send Flowers To The Girls Day! And send them directly to the WB. And if you have contacts/names/accounts on other forums, pass the word along. Get as many people involved as possible.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: