The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 08:32:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729888 times)
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #990 on: March 21, 2007, 01:09:44 pm »

While i do think it is important to write to Alexis Bledel.  I don't think we should neglect the rest of the cast and staff of the CW.  Alexis' mind may already be made up, and if that is the case, we need to get Lauren and the rest to see that we need a Rory-less or Rory-lite season 8.  Of course ideally Alexis would be back full time.  And as for MA, he definately thinks he is more powerful than he is.  I don't think the CW will keep VM as opposed to Gilmore Girls because MA has a silly pole on his website.  Of course the CW would much rather have the show that makes more money which would be Gilmore Girls.  Did anyone else catch his little "joke" in the Ask Ausiello report about Christopher??
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: March 21, 2007, 01:12:28 pm »

Random idea - what if we all started sending flowers to AB/LG? Daisys and sunflowers? Daisys were Lorelai's thing and Rory loves sunflowers. They could all have personalized notes that say Please sign for one more year!

I think that's a very interesting idea.  I think we would need to figure out the most reliable address for Alexis though, so we could be certain that she would actually get them.  What would be awesome is if we could all have them delivered to her agents office or the set or wherever on the same day, so it would look like the inn when Lorelai was surrounded by yellow daisies.  That would be a very concrete way for her to see that she has some very real supporters out there that are anxious to see her do one more season.

Way to go Mandaters-- everyone is so creative!  Let's keep it up! Smiley

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: March 21, 2007, 01:19:14 pm »

I agree with mandate_supporter.  We definately need to find a solid address if we are going to send flowers.  We wouldn't want to send them and not have them reach the girls!  But its a very creative idea!  I just laminated a pendant and put it on my dog's collar lol.  Hopefully it will get some looks when i take her for a walk!   Grin
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #993 on: March 21, 2007, 01:20:29 pm »

Hi Great8ers,

Wow, so much support today.  I love it!  Hearts  Here are a few important addresses for people who are in the writing mood:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
4000 Warner Blvd., Bldg 168
Burbank, CA 91522-0002

Peter Roth
President, Warner Brothers Television
300 Television Plaza
Burbank, CA 91505

Pamela Morrison
Vice President, Publicity and Talent Relations
3300 West Olive Ave.
Burbank, CA 91505

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Alexis Bledel
c/o Flutie Entertainment
6500 Wilshire Blvd
Suite 2240
Los Angeles, CA 90048

And important e-mail addresses:

Ms. Dawn Ostroff
President of Entertainment, The CW Television Network
[email protected]

The CW Television Network
[email protected]

Alexis Bledel's Management:
Michael Flutie: [email protected]
Paul M. Brown:  [email protected]

Random idea - what if we all started sending flowers to AB/LG? Daisys and sunflowers? Daisys were Lorelai's thing and Rory loves sunflowers. They could all have personalized notes that say Please sign for one more year!

This is a really fun idea, but we would indeed need a surefire address to make sure everything reached the correct destination.  I'll see if I can do a little research.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: March 21, 2007, 01:22:10 pm »

If we are sending flowers, I would be more than thrilled to contribute.... I dont work two jobs for nothing Wink

Make sure you all let me know....

Anything for season 8..... if I had the money... Id pay for the production Smiley

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: March 21, 2007, 01:45:26 pm »

My husband is in the army so i am going to have him and a bunch of the guys he works with take a picture holding a sign that says "The troops support Gilmore Girls season 8" and send it with all of my snail mail letters.  I'm not sure how effective it will be, but you would be suprised how many army guys watch Gilmore girls!
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #996 on: March 21, 2007, 01:51:42 pm »

My husband is in the army so i am going to have him and a bunch of the guys he works with take a picture holding a sign that says "The troops support Gilmore Girls season 8" and send it with all of my snail mail letters.  I'm not sure how effective it will be, but you would be suprised how many army guys watch Gilmore girls!

That would be just incredible if you could do that!  Even if the picture was added as an attachment to an email, something like that would speak volumes.  People love the troops, and this is exactly the kind of human interest story that people in the news and in Hollywood love to publicize.  I bet if you sent that picture to Ellen she would be that much more likely to show it on her program. 

Also, if your husband were to write a short note saying what Gilmore Girls means to him and his fellow troops, that would really go a long way with the people at CW, as well as Lauren and Alexis.

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: March 21, 2007, 01:59:01 pm »

mandate_supporter, sounds good.  I'm making the sign and hoping to take the picture by friday.  I'll send it snail mail and email.  Definately to Ellen, Dawn Ostroff, Alexis, and Lauren.  Who else do you think i should send it to? 
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: March 21, 2007, 02:02:21 pm »

That would be just incredible if you could do that!  Even if the picture was added as an attachment to an email, something like that would speak volumes.  People love the troops, and this is exactly the kind of human interest story that people in the news and in Hollywood love to publicize.  I bet if you sent that picture to Ellen she would be that much more likely to show it on her program. 

Also, if your husband were to write a short note saying what Gilmore Girls means to him and his fellow troops, that would really go a long way with the people at CW, as well as Lauren and Alexis.

Agreed. The troops have a big impact on the country.

And if you can do this, show us the pic too!

love is blind so you didn't see me.
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #999 on: March 21, 2007, 02:02:27 pm »

I agree with mandate_supporter. We definately need to find a solid address if we are going to send flowers. We wouldn't want to send them and not have them reach the girls! But its a very creative idea! I just laminated a pendant and put it on my dog's collar lol. Hopefully it will get some looks when i take her for a walk! Grin

I love that you put the pendant on your dog's collar!!  You are too funny!  I have two dogs, maybe I should do the same thing!

I think sending flowers is a great idea.  Like sending the 1000 daisy's like Max did when he proposed.  I am willing to contribute as well, just let me know.

~KRISTIN~
broadwayboundgg
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1000 on: March 21, 2007, 02:04:58 pm »

I just emailed the cw. I hope they listen to what we say and keep gilmore girls on for another season.

Luke and Lorelai Forever!!!!
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 21, 2007, 02:09:53 pm »

Question: Do you have any scoop at all about Gilmore Girls?— Amber
Ausiello: News flash: Rory isn't graduating in the season/series finale on May 8…

I got that on my e-mail today. Did anyone see it?

I did see that! I do not like him!!!For those of you who did not see what Ausiello released today.. he said that Rory will be graduating May 1st and Lorelai will be going with Chris.. and that.... sit down people.... Chris and Lor will be dating again :p

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 21, 2007, 02:12:28 pm »

Question: Do you have any scoop at all about Gilmore Girls?— Amber
Ausiello: News flash: Rory isn't graduating in the season/series finale on May 8…

I got that on my e-mail today. Did anyone see it?

You might want to go look at the spoiler discussion thread for the correct info on this, but the part about Chris and Lorelai dating was a bad attempt at a joke!

Edited: to remove spoilers and direct to correct thread.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 02:14:41 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
CathyCoffee
Diner Regular

Community Points: 169

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 21, 2007, 02:13:51 pm »

Haha. Well I feel stupid!

I thought that could mean something. Darn.

love is blind so you didn't see me.
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 21, 2007, 02:16:38 pm »

After i take the picture of the troops ill try and load it on this site.  If i cant figure out how to do that (which i probably wont be able to lol) ill send a link to my myspace page or something like that.  Again ill try to have it all set by the weekend and have them sent out either saturday or monday.  Keep sending those letters!!!   Grin
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: