The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 17, 2017, 02:26:08 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp
476534 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1729587 times)
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #975 on: March 21, 2007, 12:22:11 am »

Hello Fellow Gilmore Fans,
this is my first post here...(newbie).... AND.. I don't know if it's too late or anything, but i've been reading this thread in stealth mode until I thought of something creative enough I thought worthy to mention.
See, I'm not good with sentimental "it's my favourite show and you should do an eighth series for X reasons" type of things... I'm better at slightly left of field. My plan was to get an old bunny and take a photo of it all tied up like a hostage ... and only write "season eight, or the bunny gets it" on the bottom. Maybe I might put some fluff in the envelope also... for effect.
But like I said, I have no idea if that's a good/bad or invalid approach. I must also note that the bunny will be extremely cute and fluffy.

Hi Kirby,

Welcome!  Glad to have you here.

I think your idea is fun!  At this point, we should try and be as creative as possible.  Anything to help draw attention to our cause.  Let us know how things go and if there's anything we can do to help.

Heidi- I was wondering if Julie's video was on youtube? If so, I could add it to the myspace page. I think that such an emotional video would really help to draw other people's hearts in and theyd begin to help the cause!

Does anyone here have a YouTube account?  Julie has given us permission to upload the video on her behalf.  Any takers? Smiley

~Heidi
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 12:24:37 am by Heidi » Logged

Flame    Flame
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #976 on: March 21, 2007, 01:15:16 am »

Hello Fellow Gilmore Fans,
this is my first post here...(newbie).... AND.. I don't know if it's too late or anything, but i've been reading this thread in stealth mode until I thought of something creative enough I thought worthy to mention.
See, I'm not good with sentimental "it's my favourite show and you should do an eighth series for X reasons" type of things... I'm better at slightly left of field. My plan was to get an old bunny and take a photo of it all tied up like a hostage ... and only write "season eight, or the bunny gets it" on the bottom. Maybe I might put some fluff in the envelope also... for effect.
But like I said, I have no idea if that's a good/bad or invalid approach. I must also note that the bunny will be extremely cute and fluffy.

LOL - I think this is a great attention getter.  I love it.  As long as we can unequivocally say that no animals were harmed during the campaigning for Season 8, I say great idea Kirby.

Heidi, did you like the way he (MA) admits all smug like that he deliberately pitted one show against the other.  Hmmmm I can't stand their 'not so hidden' agenda's.

Please read Forum Rules
1giantGGfan
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 257

Hen+Chicken=4ever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #977 on: March 21, 2007, 01:44:52 am »

I'm actually trying to keep my eyes out of MA's reports and stuff. He's been rather upsetting lately.
My favorite part of VM was before the season started and they were playing previews of it. I really enjoyed the previews because they played a good song. I can't even remember it now, but I always enjoyed when the preview came on and was always like, "hmm.. maybe I should consider watching it.." I never did. Tuesdays are busy enough with already having to put things on pause for an hour for GG. (not to mention, half the time I have to watch it later..)
But, I've been kinda out of the loop, is it really a Veronica Mars vs. Gilmore Girls. One will survive one won't, type of thing?

I'm liking the bunny idea, but be careful. Don't hurt the thing too much Wink

And I have a youtube account if you want to use it. It would be my pleasure to put it out there for her. Smiley

Angela

^Thnx Melissa!
Just say, "Yes M.A.M.M"
Always a PTS @ Hearts 
I Hearts Rachel, my TJS!
Currently Located: In Janich's Dreams! Kiss (1 lucky girl!)
Marlies' biggest photo fan!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #978 on: March 21, 2007, 02:30:15 am »

Well all know that Lauren has been on the Ellen DeGeneres Show a few times now and seems to have a good time while there.  Since both 'Ellen' and 'Gilmore Girls' are Warner Bros. shows, I figure it couldn't hurt to include Ellen in our Great8Mandate campaign.  If anyone is interested, please send Ellen a letter of support explaining that you love Gilmore Girls and want it continued for another year.  Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll read someone's letter on the air ... or if Lauren is scheduled to appear anytime soon (to promote upcoming episodes) maybe Ellen could read it then.  You just never know. Wink

The Ellen DeGeneres Show
PO Box 7788
Burbank, CA 91523
Attn: Fan Mail

If 'snail mail' isn't for you, try filling out Ellen's online form: http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/dearellen/

And remember, try this new address to send letters of support directly to Lauren.

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
mandate_supporter
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #979 on: March 21, 2007, 07:22:15 am »

Great idea, Heidi!  I'm sure as Ellen has visited the set and had Lauren on the show several times she would be a great resource for us.

I just sent Ellen an email explaining the campaign to her and asking if she could do anything in her power to help us, whether it be mentioning the Mandate to the Girls or GG producers, to anyone she knows at Warner Brothers, or even mentioning it on the air.  It's a long shot, but every little bit helps, right?

Vote for your favorite Gilmore Girls episodes!  http://gilmorevote.blogspot.com/
ShutUpRob
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #980 on: March 21, 2007, 08:06:47 am »

Well all know that Lauren has been on the Ellen DeGeneres Show a few times now and seems to have a good time while there.  Since both 'Ellen' and 'Gilmore Girls' are Warner Bros. shows, I figure it couldn't hurt to include Ellen in our Great8Mandate campaign.  If anyone is interested, please send Ellen a letter of support explaining that you love Gilmore Girls and want it continued for another year.  Maybe we'll get lucky and she'll read someone's letter on the air ... or if Lauren is scheduled to appear anytime soon (to promote upcoming episodes) maybe Ellen could read it then.  You just never know. Wink

The Ellen DeGeneres Show
PO Box 7788
Burbank, CA 91523

If 'snail mail' isn't for you, try filling out Ellen's online form: http://ellen.warnerbros.com/show/dearellen/

And remember, try this new address to send letters of support directly to Lauren.

Lauren Graham
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

~Heidi

IMO, sending letters to Ellen is a bad idea -- other than to get Lauren to make another appearance on the show as soon as possible.  It'll contribute nothing to persuade Lauren to sign up for another season and IMO diffuses the campaign.  It's better IMO to just focus on writing personal letters (NOT emailing), personal letters (NOT form letters, which are regarded as a type of spam known as astroturf) to Dawn Ostroff, to Lauren and her peeps and/or to Alexis and her peeps via the show or the peeps.  Be sure to staple the cut out of the front page logo of your local newspaper to your letter and keep the letter to no more than one side of one page as anything longer will lose them faster than my longer essays lose you.   Grin

Also, if you're going to an SF Con in the near future where Danny Strong is doing a signing as a Buffy co-star (note, I don't know of any cons he might be doing in the next month or so, but hypotheticall speaking, if you do find out that he's doing one), he's very approachable and seems to still regard Gg questions as a welcome digression from Buffy questions, so be sure to politely let him know that we want to see s8 and ask him if he can send along the sentiment to the show and the gals for us and then ask him what else we can do.  He might tell you that what we're doing is all that we can do, but it can't hurt to ask.

-- Rob

---------------------
Season 8:  The Search For Reasons To Write the Dog Paul Anka Out of the Show
ckiddings
Town Resident

Community Points: 15

I support a Gilmore Girls Movie!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #981 on: March 21, 2007, 09:11:55 am »

I thought writing Ellen was a great idea. How awesome would it be if she had Lauren on the show and told her all about the Great8Mandate, our love for the show and deisire to see the show continue! So, I just sent an email to Ellen and asked her to consider having Lauren on again and to have the Great8Mandate's quest brought to her attention. Hopefully, she'll think it is an interesting idea!  Grin
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 09:18:45 am by ckiddings » Logged

LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #982 on: March 21, 2007, 10:12:03 am »

I think writing to Ellen is a good idea.  She can help get our message out, and it doesn't hurt that Ellen seems to really enjoy Lauren or that they are both on the same lot i think.  Anyway we can get our message out is a good idea, just don't stop writing to all of the other important people at the CW and cast members.  Smiley
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #983 on: March 21, 2007, 11:09:29 am »

The Ellen DeGeneres Show
PO Box 7788
Burbank, CA 91523

Lauren Graham
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

~Heidi

I also think this is a great idea!  I'll get a snail mail letter out to her right away.

Heidi, did you like the way he (MA) admits all smug like that he deliberately pitted one show against the other. Hmmmm I can't stand their 'not so hidden' agenda's.

At least he finally admitted it! Cheesy  And he also mentioned that voting continues for another week - we should still see if we can get GG out of the dumps, even if it furthers his agenda, we're down to 29% - yikes!  Here's the link again: http://www.tvguide.com/News-Views/Columnists/Ausiello.aspx
LolaV
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #984 on: March 21, 2007, 11:16:17 am »

I think it's time that the emailing/letter writing starts being directed completely towards AB. It seems, after reading many reports, that she is the only one who isn't committed to an 8th season.

Start giving her reasons to stay. Why we need her character. Why she is important to the show. Why her characters journey isn't done yet, etc.

We're running out of time. They'll begin filming 7.21 this week and 7.22, the finale, will be right around the corner. The race is on folks.

Random idea - what if we all started sending flowers to AB/LG? Daisys and sunflowers? Daisys were Lorelai's thing and Rory loves sunflowers. They could all have personalized notes that say Please sign for one more year!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:57:45 am by LolaV » Logged
iluvgilmoregirls!
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 9

Gilmore Girls 4ever!!!

View Profile
« Reply #985 on: March 21, 2007, 12:03:38 pm »

I think that writing to Ellen is a great idea also, she seems very understanding. I will write a letter to her right now Smiley
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #986 on: March 21, 2007, 12:13:42 pm »

Hi guys,

As promised, here are blue and pink pendants for anyone who is interested.  Special thanks to Drew for their creation!  Plus use them as you see fit!

- Pink pendant
- Blue pendant
- Purple pendant
- Red pendant
- Bluegreen pendant
- Green pendant

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #987 on: March 21, 2007, 12:20:11 pm »

It's better IMO to just focus on writing personal letters (NOT emailing), personal letters (NOT form letters, which are regarded as a type of spam known as astroturf) to Dawn Ostroff, to Lauren and her peeps and/or to Alexis and her peeps via the show or the peeps.  Be sure to staple the cut out of the front page logo of your local newspaper to your letter and keep the letter to no more than one side of one page as anything longer will lose them faster than my longer essays lose you.   Grin

-- Rob

Hi Rob,

Whether someone is writing via e-mail or snail mail, the Great8Mandate has always stressed that letters should be personal and heartfelt. Wink  Ideally, yes, snail mail letters are probably more effective, but it can't hurt to send an e-mail as well.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #988 on: March 21, 2007, 12:27:56 pm »

I don't think writing to Ellen could hurt.  The worst thing that would happen would be she doesn't do anything, so at least we tried.

Yes I definitely think that we need to direct the letters to Alexis Bledel.  It seems like she is really on the fence or already on the other side and we need to get her back on to our side.  Explain that Rory is such an important character and we all can relate to her so well.  There is so much that could happen in Rory's life in a Season 8.  The world is basically open to her and we would love to see her starting out in the real world.  For us to see what all this schooling can do.

Also keep writing to Lauren because if Alexis doesn't sign on, I still want a Rory-lite Season 8 rather than no Season 8 at all.  We need Lauren to see that we wouldn't hold anything against her for going on alone and it seems like she wants to do another season.  She needs some convincing too.

I really like the flowers idea.  Something big for them to really notice what we are doing.  Wouldn't it be great if we could all fly to California and show our support in person.  If only I was Huntzberger...

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #989 on: March 21, 2007, 12:35:16 pm »

Oh and Michael Ausiello always has a hidden agenda.  He does everything for a reason and leaks out certain things at certain times.  And yeah he has been upseting me lately as well.

Also the poll is totally inaccurate because people vote more than once and there are so many people that watch Gilmore Girls and don't go on the internet to discuss it.  It's all in the ratings.  I don't think MA is as influential as he thinks he is.

And snail mail is better, but email doesn't hurt either, and it's so much faster.  Minilorelai taking the letters and giving them in person is going to be so great.

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: