The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 16, 2017, 12:33:08 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV
476536 Posts in 1593 Topics by 19873 Members
Latest Member: MadeleineF

DVD7
Copperboom! Season seven DVD sets are now on sale!
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
+  GilmoreGirls.org Forum
|-+  Gilmore Girls
| |-+  General Discussion
| | |-+  The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 463 Print
Author Topic: The GilmoreGirls.org Great8Mandate  (Read 1765933 times)
LoganNRory4ever
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 47

My best friend and I on my 21st birthday!

View Profile
« Reply #960 on: March 20, 2007, 05:08:37 pm »

That's pretty much what I've been thinking from the start. The CW is not a Ratings Giant.
How much exposure have they gotten through this whole Season 8 discussion?
A heck of a lot more than they would have if they would have just said "oh yeah, we'll have a season 8" at the beginning of the season.
At least that's what I HOPE is going on.... Smiley

I agree... the CW hasnt done very well since it emerged. Look at Runaway.. their breakaway hit,.... it was cancelled as soon as I began to gain interest. I feel as though this might not be so dramatic if it was still the WB.

But that's just me wishful thinking too.  We really don't know what's going on.  More letters & emails are our only option.

Me as well. Wishful thinking is all that'll keep us going at this point! Wink
And I will continue to flood mailbozes and inboxes until the end... gotta  keep mandating Smiley

:::Ashley Rohlfing:::
www.myspace.com/great8mandatesavegg
Richard: I need you to focus!
Lorelai: I'm a camera!!

"In Omnia Paratus!!!"

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1943

View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 20, 2007, 05:49:55 pm »

It's come to my attention that a few people might have taken my above post the wrong way.  I absolutely did not set out to or mean to 'dirty' the names and good character of Lauren or Alexis.  And the idea that anyone here could even think that was my intention ... kind of really hurts.

*hugs* I'm pretty certain that there would be nobody here that would wish those feelings upon you Heidi.  Please know you are appreciated by all.

Hey guys...

You need to watch this -->  http://cw11.trb.com/entertainment/network/gilmoregirls/stv-gilmoregirls-pkgmedia,0,6458734.special

It is a video of an interview with Ed Herrmann, where viewers sent in questions.  He is such a great person, so the whole video is great, but at the end someones asks about Season 8.  I think he feels that Richard's relationship with Lorelai still needs more time.  He says he would love to do another season and that Lauren is willing to do another season.  He says he hasn't really talked to Alexis about a Season 8, but he doesn't know if she really wants to be an actress anymore.  Well I'm not going to tell you the whole thing, so watch it...very important!

I just watched that video.  He is such a pleasure to watch and listen to.  I think my favourite part of it was that he personally feels as I do about Richards relationship with Lorelai.  They've had their ups and downs, but as he says, there is still a lot to be resolved between them.  These ar the kinds of things I'd love to see explored in Season 8.  Don't get me wrong, I'm as JJ as they come, and would love to view more of that, but there are plenty of other storylines that I have invested a lot in that makes campaigning G8Mandate style so important for me.

I was also interested in his response to Season 8 with regards to Alexis.  I guess we need to remember she has done a lot of growing up on the show, on and off screen.  He seemed very protective of her interests, but still didn't give much away other than she maybe doesn't see her future in acting.  This does not mean she doesn't see herself doing season 8 though, maybe just nothing beyond that.  Can anybody say "Wishful thinking" Cheesy

ShutUpRob:  I'm loving your posts.  Please post more Smiley

Long live Gilmore Girls Hearts
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:51:02 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Apreal
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 20, 2007, 06:28:07 pm »

I have emailed all the people who has address on the site.  Is there anything I can do to help?Huh  I want a season 8 so bad.  This is a copy of my letter:

Hello,

I am a huge Gilmore Girls fan and own all six seasons.  I am looking forward to buying seasons 7 and 8 when they come out.  I adore those two girls.  It is my all time favourite show.  I am begging that you do a season 8 and hopefully a season 9.  Right now I am just pleading for season 8.  PLEASE do not cancel my favourite show.  My 10 year old daughter and I sit down and watch it together every Tuesday night.  Your show brings us closer together.  She is getting to an age where she is starting to think it isn't cool to hang out with mom.  This show is something we have in common.  We both Love the characters and the actors.  I have gotten my three sisters and my mother interested in the show as well.  In my family alone, there are five Gilmore Girl Fans.  Please don't cancel our show. 

A true Fan,

Please let me know if there is ANYTHING else I can do.  I will do ANYTHING to get them to do a season 8 and possibly 9.   Cheesy Wink Smiley
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 20, 2007, 06:37:15 pm »

Hey Apreal, welcome and thanks for participating in the G8M.

The letters are a great start.  We all have friends and family who may enjoy the show, but perhaps not with the same passion as we do (as in they won't log on here and participate) so this is a way to get their message across also.  If you go to the first page there is a flyer you can print out.  Heidi's latest suggestion is to do so and perhaps get your family and friends to sign it with a little message and that way mailing off just one more letter gets the message across for another few people. 

There is also a S8 pendant thread where you can print out pendants and make them into necklaces, badges, tags for the dog etc.  If you print some out and hand them around, you just may be responsible for getting more people trying to save our show.

Thanks for your efforts
Caryn

Star Stars Hollow is the place for me  Star (think Green Acres Cheesy)

Please read Forum Rules
xxLL4Everxx
Diner Owner

Community Points: 289

View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 20, 2007, 07:50:59 pm »

I am writng another email to Dawn Ostroff right now. I DO NOT want to see Gilmore Girls cancelled! I'm making all of my friends the S8 buttons right now and I made a pin for my backpack and a keychain, and a necklace and everything I can think of. I'm trying to get the word out every way possible!

Java Junkie & Flyswatter.[/color]
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 20, 2007, 07:56:02 pm »

Well done xxLL4Everxx.  That's fantastic.  And congrats on your 100th post with such positive news.  Now you can spread the love with pretty sticks.

Long live GIlmore Girls Hearts

Please read Forum Rules
gilmoregirlforever
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Bring the blue hat back!

View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 20, 2007, 08:30:19 pm »

So during this Gilmore Girls hiatus, I have been watching Season 4 on DVD to fill the void basically, and I was just watching "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais" and as soon as Rory starting crying about school to Dean, I start to get teary.  Then Lorelai bumps into Luke getting into his car because they were supposed to meet for dinner to discuss the loan and she starts talking about how she wishes she was married.  How she usually doesn't wish that because she is happy with her life, but she really wishes that she had that one person and then she starts crying, and I start bawling because I want to see her happy so badly and want a Season 8 so badly.  I also have other things going on, so I'm not just getting upset over the show, but it would be so great to see them get married and get to see what that episode foreshadowed.  And I'm just starring at the screen thinking how badly I want these two characters to be happy.  And Lorelai has been struggling the whole series over different things and I just want her to have that one person, who makes her feel content.  She did in Season 6, when they were engaged, but it's not the same, she didn't have Rory in her life and it didn't last long because April came into the picture.   I just want a season of her having that person.  I want this season to end in a cliffhanger with Luke saying the final sentence, "Will you marry me?" to Lorelai and then it ends before we hear her response, like in the Season 5 finale, only switched, like they have come full circle.  That is what I want.  So keep writing those letters and thinking good thoughts.

"I saw this guy in front of me, who was a real man...he was solid and he was strong...he would protect me, but he...he got me." ~ Lorelai
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 647

View Profile WWW
« Reply #967 on: March 20, 2007, 08:32:56 pm »

So during this Gilmore Girls hiatus, I have been watching Season 4 on DVD to fill the void basically, and I was just watching "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais" and as soon as Rory starting crying about school to Dean, I start to get teary.  Then Lorelai bumps into Luke getting into his car because they were supposed to meet for dinner to discuss the loan and she starts talking about how she wishes she was married.  How she usually doesn't wish that because she is happy with her life, but she really wishes that she had that one person and then she starts crying, and I start bawling because I want to see her happy so badly and want a Season 8 so badly.  I also have other things going on, so I'm not just getting upset over the show, but it would be so great to see them get married and get to see what that episode foreshadowed.  And I'm just starring at the screen thinking how badly I want these two characters to be happy.  And Lorelai has been struggling the whole series over different things and I just want her to have that one person, who makes her feel content.  She did in Season 6, when they were engaged, but it's not the same, she didn't have Rory in her life and it didn't last long because April came into the picture.   I just want a season of her having that person.  I want this season to end in a cliffhanger with Luke saying the final sentence, "Will you marry me?" to Lorelai and then it ends before we hear her response, like in the Season 5 finale, only switched, like they have come full circle.  That is what I want.  So keep writing those letters and thinking good thoughts.

Those are the exact kind of examples people should use when writing letters.  Excellent post.

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
go_clo
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 46

Season 8 or bust!!

View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 20, 2007, 09:09:31 pm »

The exact same thing happened to me while watching Gilmore Girls Only! Lorelai started telling Emily how hard it would be without Rory and I broke down bawling, I have never cried like that for any other tvshow/movie, it made me think "OMG, are then setting up the show to have Rory leave and not be in the show next season? What if we don't even get a next season?" and I plan on telling this to Alexis when I write to her and Lauren!

Hey something pretty cool happened to me. I was praying for a season 8 the other night and asking for a sign that we may get it and then a night later, I dream I am chatting with Dawn Ostroff and she is telling me that we are getting another season with all the characters back and when I woke up, it was snowing like crazy. It hasn't snowed like this for months, I thought we were done with snow for the year so ya, another cool thing to hopefully keep everyones hopes up Smiley
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 09:11:04 pm by go_clo » Logged

Keep The Faith For Season 8! Cause 8 Is Fate!
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #969 on: March 20, 2007, 09:29:07 pm »

If anyone would like to send season 8 love to Lauren specifically, you can try reaching her through her management:

Lauren Graham
c/o John Carrabino Management
100 North Crescent Dr.
G-400
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
minilorelai14
« Reply #970 on: March 20, 2007, 09:42:25 pm »

kool thanks heidi!! maybe i will send one since i have like over 40 emails and i havent written one so maybe i will write one for that address and one for when i go to the gilmore girl set!
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 20, 2007, 10:16:43 pm »

- Who's leaking the 'Alexis is holding up season 8' information?  Is it a leak to try and pressure her to sign ... or is it common knowledge that everyone else is willing to move forward?  Will holding out on season 8 hurt her career in the short-term?  Long-term?  Do we think she already has something else lined up and that's why she's so willing to jump ship?

Here's another thought I saw brought up somewhere else: How happy is the studio that all of these leaks are out?  The reasoning behind this thought was that they are getting a ton of attention as a result.  And to go one step further, how much of it are they purposely leaking in order to gain attention? 

Just one of those fleeting thoughts I saw Smiley

I think they're darn happy that all of these leaks are out -- it's getting people to talk about both shows.  If that results in higher ratings for Veronica Mars, even though it's extremely unlikely to do so, then all the better for that show.  If it gets Lauren or both of the gals back to the table for Gilmore Girls, then even better.  All the talk is certainly increased pressure for both sides to come to some sort of agreement as soon as possible because the negotiations are driving, well, all of us nuts, whether we're fans of the show here, media reporters or people connected to the show or the network/studio.

I think some of the leaks are definitely intentional -- particularly the ones that go through Ausiello and/or Kristin.  Beyond them, it's impossible to tell what's being leaked and where and how, but I also think some of the leaks are coming through unofficial sources.  I'll leave it at that, although I'm going to note that Sassypaws has been conspicuously absent from posts on this here thread and FanForum for quite some time now.

All of us in the fanbase are IMO clearly being used by somebody or somebodies involved in the negotiations.  OTOH, do I care?  Not really -- it doesn't even matter to me which side is using us, as long as it results in the renewal of Gg and increased discussion of Gg.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because Lorelai is the best part written for an actress in the history of television (and that includes Scully and Buffy).
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

View Profile WWW
« Reply #972 on: March 20, 2007, 11:19:10 pm »

Hi Rob,

What do you take from this?  (Posted by Michael Ausiello in his latest Ask Ausiello.)

1) Veronica Mars will be canceled (45 percent likelihood).
2) Veronica Mars will be renewed as is, with V still in college (10 percent likelihood).
3) Veronica Mars will be renewed with V in the FBI (45 percent likelihood).

That's over a 50% chance for renewal.  Seems high in my humble opinion.  I'm not going to lie, I like Veronica Mars.  I watch it.  But I love Gilmore Girls.  How do you think such odds affect our favorite show?

Thoughts?

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
ShutUpRob

Community Points: 98

Unlike Rune, I <3 Tall Irish Innkeepers.

View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 20, 2007, 11:35:55 pm »

Hi Rob,

What do you take from this?  (Posted by Michael Ausiello in his latest Ask Ausiello.)

1) Veronica Mars will be canceled (45 percent likelihood).
2) Veronica Mars will be renewed as is, with V still in college (10 percent likelihood).
3) Veronica Mars will be renewed with V in the FBI (45 percent likelihood).

That's over a 50% chance for renewal.  Seems high in my humble opinion.  I'm not going to lie, I like Veronica Mars.  I watch it.  But I love Gilmore Girls.  How do you think such odds affect our favorite show?

Thoughts?
~Heidi

I think that Ausiello's percentages are wrong.

1) Veronica Mars will be cancelled -- 90 percent likelihood.
2) Veronica Mars will be renewed as is, with V still in college -- 10 percent likelihood
3) Veronica Mars will be renewed with V in the FBI -- 0 percent likelihood (no matter how good it might be.)

Put a fork in it, it's done.

-- Rob

------------------------
Season 8:  Because I'd rather see Lorelai run out of the Dragonfly naked..
Kirby
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 21, 2007, 12:13:40 am »

Hello Fellow Gilmore Fans,
this is my first post here...(newbie).... AND.. I don't know if it's too late or anything, but i've been reading this thread in stealth mode until I thought of something creative enough I thought worthy to mention.
See, I'm not good with sentimental "it's my favourite show and you should do an eighth series for X reasons" type of things... I'm better at slightly left of field. My plan was to get an old bunny and take a photo of it all tied up like a hostage ... and only write "season eight, or the bunny gets it" on the bottom. Maybe I might put some fluff in the envelope also... for effect.
But like I said, I have no idea if that's a good/bad or invalid approach. I must also note that the bunny will be extremely cute and fluffy.
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 463 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: